EV Nashville Pre-Party Fundraiser!!!

Comments

• dpphotodpphoto Posts: 284
    There is nothing really stopping us from meeting there as a group and making the deck a basecamp and doing whatever we want outside of using a bullhorn. That early in the day I cant see Rippys being crowded with anything other than concert pre-partiers anyway. I guess opitmal would be that a place agrees to "host" it (maybe some logistic support, a discount on food/drinks, etc) but sometimes that requires people to pull their head out of their own ass and see the benefit....errrr...dollar signs..

I'm not sure who answered you from Rippy's but I have dealt with Harley (i believe he manages and is part owner in both Rippys and Broadway Brewhouse) and he's always seemed cool. I'm curious as to who dropped the "not interested". I mean what idiot does not want their bar to have ADDITIONAL customers DURING THE DAY...DURING THE WEEK.... that normally would may never spend a dime with them ? I guess its possible they were just saying not interested to the offering of a discount or other things you might have asked for. Were they actually saying "no...you cant do a "event thing" here ?" or just saying no to discounts/etc ?

I say just go to Rips on the day, set up camp in the front corner of the deck (broadway side, by sommet center), put your stuff on a table or two, and Jammers can meet there.
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    That sucks about Rippy's. Oh well, screw 'em. You could try Bailey's, which is right across the street from Rippy's and a few doors over and on the same side of Broadway as Ryman is. They've got a couple of big rooms and an open air patio that overlooks Broadway and host events sometimes. They've also got lots of pool tables and pretty good food too. Here's the link to thier website with contact info. It's the second one from the bottom for Nashville/Downtown.
    http://fhrg.com/locations/tnlocal.html
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,328
    Would love to be at these 2 show's. Know my friends will have an amazing time! :mrgreen:
  • kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Good evening! I received e-mails from Gena, who had spoken with the GM about the event. I spoke with her on the phone today, and she is really sweet and seemed like she felt really bad about the issues with having the pre-party there. The issues are kind of important, but then again-kind of not. I told her I would bat them around with you guys and get back to her later in the week. I did not ask for discounts, etc.--just space.

So, they have a live band that starts at 1 or 2 (I can't remember) on Thursdays. We would not be able to have a PA for announcing raffle/auction winners, or play music of our choosing in between. So, not such a big deal--we could work around that.

In order to "reserve" the patio, they typically charge for it, but she said that they do not like to charge for fundraisers, but that Thursdays are a busy day for them. To "reserve" the patio, we would need to get $4000 minimum in sales. She thought she might be able to get that down a bit.

She also said that they have two rooms downstairs that we could set up in as well. So, what are your thoughts?
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • boxorbagboxorbag Posts: 246
    Something does not sound right with this place. I would try finding another place that want's our business. If you can't find another place we can just crash Rippy's patio and set up there. Just my opinion.
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    I have two singles for Eddie in Nashville on June 18th that I can't afford to keep:

Main Floor, section 5, row S, seat 10
    and
    Balcony, section 10, row A, seat 1

Sadly :cry:, I really need to unload these. Please PM me if interested.
    say, who's mouthfulloftums? :shock:
    demetrios wrote:

LOL...you have to ask EddieWouldKnow. I am SURE she would love to tell that story.

I will say it is an "alias" for my DH. ;)

• Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 790
    Ughh you never know who you will get when you are dealing with the group of bars that are all owned by the same group of guys.. some of them are assholes and others are nice. No wonder a lot of the owners owe money because they dont understand what a good opportunity this presents..

i think baily's should be looked into
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    Any updates on the hotel group rate? Sounds like I'm the only one interested in it?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    loadedgun wrote:
    Any updates on the hotel group rate? Sounds like I'm the only one interested in it?
    I asked for RSVPs so that I could determine whether or not I need a contract. I am going to send Bobby a note, asking him if you guys can call for the group rate, and then if we have more than 10 rooms, I can do the contract. That way, everyone isn't left hanging! :)

• loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    kcherub wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:
    I asked for RSVPs so that I could determine whether or not I need a contract. I am going to send Bobby a note, asking him if you guys can call for the group rate, and then if we have more than 10 rooms, I can do the contract. That way, everyone isn't left hanging! :)

Thanks. Not trying to be pushy, just trying to get everything planned. Maybe it's the excitement that's getting me. I'm ready to be there NOW....... :D
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • kcherub wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

LOL...you have to ask EddieWouldKnow. I am SURE she would love to tell that story.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tell ya all about it in TORONTO............. D!!!!
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.
    kcherub wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tell ya all about it in TORONTO............. D!!!!

np! :D
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    Working on something AMAZING for the preparty!! Kcherub I will pm you when I get home from work!!
  • j_web18j_web18 Posts: 186
    I'll be in town for night 2 on the 18th, hope to make it to this fiesta! I gave my extra 10C seat to another fan club member so maybe he'll make it too. Looking forward to it!
    4-22-2003 St Louis, 10-5-2004 St Louis, 5-16/17-2006 Chicago, 6-24-2006 Cincinnati, 8-5-2007 Lollapalooza, 6-14-2008 Bonnaroo, 8-22-2008 EV Chicago, 6-18-2009 EV Nashville, 8-23/24-2009 Chicago, 9-21-22-2009 Seattle, 5-4-2010 St Louis, 5-7-2010 Indy, 7-1/2011 EV St Louis, 9-3-2011 Alpine, 7-19-2013 Wrigley
    loadedgun wrote:
    kcherub wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:

Thanks. Not trying to be pushy, just trying to get everything planned. Maybe it's the excitement that's getting me. I'm ready to be there NOW....... :D

Oh, no--not pushy at all! I sent him an e-mail today, and should hear back from him tonight or in the morning. I just really need a "code word" that people can use when calling, as that might be easier than me trying to keep a list and calling him when someone chimes in. He can just get in touch with me if the number reaches 10 or more for the contract issue. :)

I am excited, too!!!

bhigh901 wrote:
    Working on something AMAZING for the preparty!! Kcherub I will pm you when I get home from work!!

I cannot wait!!! Get home now!!! LOL :)

• AtPeacewithMyLustAtPeacewithMyLust Louisville,KY to Toronto Posts: 125
    Me and Royals55 will be there on our honeymoon! :D We have an extra pair of tix for Night 1 and need tix for Night 2 if anyone has extras please PM me!
    We would also be interested in the sharing of the group rate at the Holiday Inn Express too please :)
    1st show-1995 Soldier Field
    10th show-2005 Thunder Bay,ON
    40th show-2012 Berlin II
    50th show-2014 Amsterdam II
    57th show-Moline,IL
    58th show-Mexico City
  • mnpjgrrlmnpjgrrl Posts: 38
    Count me in for the group rate hotel! I'll be there both nights... thanks! :D:D
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    mnpjgrrl wrote:
    Count me in for the group rate hotel! I'll be there both nights... thanks! :D:D

That means me too! Yay!
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
    AWESOME!!! I will have a number and "code word" for you guys tomorrow. I can't wait!!!

The venue will be set next week. This is harder than it seems. LOL

kcherub wrote:
    AWESOME!!! I will have a number and "code word" for you guys tomorrow. I can't wait!!!

The venue will be set next week. This is harder than it seems. LOL

Thanks, it will all work out :D
    40th show-2012 Berlin II
    57th show-Moline,IL
    58th show-Mexico City
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    Me and Royals55 will be there on our honeymoon! :D We have an extra pair of tix for Night 1 and need tix for Night 2 if anyone has extras please PM me!
    We would also be interested in the sharing of the group rate at the Holiday Inn Express too please :)

Congratulations!!! :D But I'm confused about which night is Night 1 and which night is Night 2. :? :oops:
    scb wrote:

Congratulations!!! :D But I'm confused about which night is Night 1 and which night is Night 2. :? :oops:

Yeah, same thing here. I have been saying all along, "the pre-party is for Night 1, which is really Night 2." So, I would think for less confusion, we should go with the 17th being Night 1, and the 18th being Night 2. Are we all in agreement? LOL :)

So the pre-party is for June 18th? The confusion began with the additional show being added the day BEFORE the original show instead of the day after :) I just know we will be there for both shows, Nights 1 and 2 :D
    40th show-2012 Berlin II
    57th show-Moline,IL
    58th show-Mexico City
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Sorry I haven't been keeping up with news... it has been crazy at home and I am in the middle of some things that I need to focus on.... including for the show.

Is there a pre-party for the 17th? I know most of the talks here has been for the 18th....which obviously we can't make it because we'll be leaving that morning.

I'll try to check in often!

Thanks so much for all hard work you have put into this, kcherub! I can only imagine how hard it was closing your business...(I'm hoping it was just a business deal that you had to close, not your actual business!)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
    So the pre-party is for June 18th? The confusion began with the additional show being added the day BEFORE the original show instead of the day after :) I just know we will be there for both shows, Nights 1 and 2 :D
    Hey! Yes, the pre-party I am working is for the 18th, Thursday. I will be so full up doing this one, that I just can't contemplate another the day before! If anyone does step up and want to organize one, I will be happy to help a bit! We are picking up a friend at the airport that afternoon (the 17th), so I would have to bug out for that. :)

IamMine wrote:
    Sorry I haven't been keeping up with news... it has been crazy at home and I am in the middle of some things that I need to focus on.... including for the show.

Is there a pre-party for the 17th? I know most of the talks here has been for the 18th....which obviously we can't make it because we'll be leaving that morning.

I'll try to check in often!

Thanks so much for all hard work you have put into this, kcherub! I can only imagine how hard it was closing your business...(I'm hoping it was just a business deal that you had to close, not your actual business!)

Hey, there! See my above post regarding the 17th... :)

Yes, it was actually a children's boutique that I had owned for 6 1/2 years! I know that I will miss it after a bit, but right now I am really, really, really at peace with closing it. Too much stress, and I don't need any that I can do away with! Thanks for being so sweet!

Bump, and a question...for those of you can donate, do you know what you are donating? Shoot me a PM, so I can make sure to not miss it! I have some edits for RSVPs, and I don't want anyone to get lost in the shuffle! ;)