EV Nashville Pre-Party Fundraiser!!!

Comments

• PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    ComeToTX wrote:
    6 is cutting it close but i may try to go for a few songs. never been to the mercy lounge but do you think it will be a late show? wouldn't mind a patterson post ev party.

Yeah, it is cutting it close. Mercy Lounge is nice. Depending on what time the Ryman show ends, you may be able to catch Patterson's closing set. Saw Jason there in March and he ended around 1:30am (but it was on a Saturday night).

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    Any news yet on the hotel rate? The waiting drove me mad......
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • yooperpjyooperpj Posts: 313
    90% sure I will be there w/ 2 possible 3 friends..... cant wait. long trip from ohio and michigan for us.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    ComeToTX wrote:
    6 is cutting it close but i may try to go for a few songs. never been to the mercy lounge but do you think it will be a late show? wouldn't mind a patterson post ev party.

Yeah, it is cutting it close. Mercy Lounge is nice. Depending on what time the Ryman show ends, you may be able to catch Patterson's closing set. Saw Jason there in March and he ended around 1:30am (but it was on a Saturday night).

PBM

worth a walk over there after EV blows our minds. going to see jason tonight.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    I have hotel info! The group rate at the Holiday Inn Express on Broadway for the 17th and/or the 18th is $109. That is a pretty good rate for the downtown area. Breakfast is included, and it's not a crappy breakfast, either. :) They also offer shuttle service to The Ryman.

If you are not going to be staying at the HIE, just be sure to know where you are booking. There are other hotels on the Ryman side of the interstate, but if you book something on the other side of the interstate, plan on taking a taxi.

If you are interested in staying at the HIE, let me know, and I will start a list. Booking will begin on Monday.

Have a great weekend!
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
    kcherub wrote:
    Breakfast is included, and it's not a crappy breakfast, either. :) They also offer shuttle service to The Ryman.

You're not kidding...they put out a great buffet-like spread for guests. We took their shuttle to the Cannery Ballroom a few years ago. I believe they have a cut off time for pick ups after shows.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

kcherub wrote:
    Breakfast is included, and it's not a crappy breakfast, either. :) They also offer shuttle service to The Ryman.

You're not kidding...they put out a great buffet-like spread for guests. We took their shuttle to the Cannery Ballroom a few years ago. I believe they have a cut off time for pick ups after shows.

PBM

I'll check with Bobby to see what time the shuttle ends, and whether or not it will be available for pick up after. Ed might keep people out late, but I think that we could have had it come back to get us when we were there in January at The Ryman. We went out afterwards and took a cab, but I will double, double, double check to be sure!

• bump!
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.
    Thanks for the info Kcherub!! We are going to evaluate and will get back to you soon....
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    The last shuttle pick-up is at 11:00 p.m. People might be able to catch it, but there are tons of cabs outside after an event as well!

• IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    That's a very good deal, kcherub, considering it being downtown!

I had difficulty in finding a reasonable and affordable hotel on our budget... and we managed to find one at Days Inn about 15 minutes outside of downtown for two days (16th & 17th) for the total price of $112. Not bad!

We'll be driving down from Detroit in the wee hours on the 16th and by the time we get there, we'd be tired as fuck.... maybe go for a swim and then crash out!

On the 17th, we plan to do some sightseeing in the city before the show... I'm hoping we may stop by the pre-party.

Has anyone set one up for the 17th?

We are leaving in the morning on the 18th so we won't be able to stop by the pre-party on the 18th at all...
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
    IamMine wrote:
    On the 17th, we plan to do some sightseeing in the city before the show... I'm hoping we may stop by the pre-party.

I'm glad you and Bobby are able to make it to the south. Nashville is a beautiful city...you will love it!

PBM

kcherub wrote:
    I have hotel info! The group rate at the Holiday Inn Express on Broadway for the 17th and/or the 18th is $109. That is a pretty good rate for the downtown area. Breakfast is included, and it's not a crappy breakfast, either. :) They also offer shuttle service to The Ryman.

If you are not going to be staying at the HIE, just be sure to know where you are booking. There are other hotels on the Ryman side of the interstate, but if you book something on the other side of the interstate, plan on taking a taxi.

If you are interested in staying at the HIE, let me know, and I will start a list. Booking will begin on Monday.

Have a great weekend!

What are the chances we would be able to extend that rate another couple nights if we plan on staying throughout the weekend? I'd hate having to change locations just to save a few bucks, but I will.

And how do we confirm that we are staying? With you, or should we call the hotel directly and say 'I'm coming to see Ed, give me the deal?'...or something along those lines ;) Might have to sweet talk them into the extended deal.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    IamMine wrote:

I'm glad you and Bobby are able to make it to the south. Nashville is a beautiful city...you will love it!

PBM

:mrgreen: I can't wait!

We'd love to see you and Mandy again! And if possible, meet the new little PBM! :D

I'm reallly super excited! We were like ah life is too short to worry about things so much... you know us being unemployed and all that... and that is just a short phase of the whole thing. We were talking about how it can bring the worst or best out of people during economy crisis. It sure puts things into perspective - what is really important...blah blah. :) We have decided to look at it as opportunities to make changes for the better - us as a family and individuals. Quite challenging and testing, indeed. ;)

Ok enough yakking from me...but really, we'd love to see you and your family again!
    ~Q Magazine

IamMine wrote:
    We'd love to see you and Mandy again! And if possible, meet the new little PBM! :D

I'm flying solo on this one. My buddy from college has an extra ticket and I'm buying it from him.

Just enjoy the ride and have fun in the city. There are lots of great places to visit.

I'll be on the look out for you two. :D

PBM

IamMine wrote:

I'm flying solo on this one. My buddy from college has an extra ticket and I'm buying it from him.

Just enjoy the ride and have fun in the city. There are lots of great places to visit.

I'll be on the look out for you two. :D

PBM

cool! 8-)

Just so you know... the last time you saw Bobby? His hair is down to his buttocks (almost!)... longer, thicker and curlier than mine!

So if you think you saw two "females" holding hands... you've spotted us! :lol:

EDIT: Hmm... I realized I may have worded it wrong... it's sounding like there is an assumption that there wouldn't be two females holding hands... I've got gay friends who do that but their hair are not as long as ours. ;) I'd hate to have my ass kicked by them with this statement I made. :P

I probably should have said instead: If you have seen two people whose hair are long down to their buttocks, it's most likely that you've spotted us. ;)
    ~Q Magazine

loadedgun wrote:
    kcherub wrote:

Have a great weekend!

What are the chances we would be able to extend that rate another couple nights if we plan on staying throughout the weekend? I'd hate having to change locations just to save a few bucks, but I will.

And how do we confirm that we are staying? With you, or should we call the hotel directly and say 'I'm coming to see Ed, give me the deal?'...or something along those lines ;) Might have to sweet talk them into the extended deal.

BUMP. With all the excitement about Chicago and Toronto, lets not forget about the EV tour...... :)
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    I'm so excited for my little Tennessee vacation... can't wait to meet you all!
    I'm still looking for a ticket to night 2 (Ticketmaster or otherwise). Please PM me if you have one or know of someone who does!
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    I'm still looking for a ticket to night 2 (Ticketmaster or otherwise). Please PM me if you have one or know of someone who does!

Night 2 as in Thursday nights show? I know there's still tickets for the Wednesday show on TM (which I hope it sells out). I know tickets on ebay have gone down since they were first put up, so hopefully you can get one for a good price. Nashville is a great town so I hope you enjoy it.
    ponytd wrote:

Night 2 as in Thursday nights show? I know there's still tickets for the Wednesday show on TM (which I hope it sells out). I know tickets on ebay have gone down since they were first put up, so hopefully you can get one for a good price. Nashville is a great town so I hope you enjoy it.

Yeah.. the second show as in the first show announced. :)
    I have TM tickets for night 1 and I believe that "there is always a ticket". I'm not in any hurry, I'm sure it will work out just fine.
    I've never spent any real time in Nashville before... looking forward to seeing what I can see!
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    ponytd wrote:

Yeah.. the second show as in the first show announced. :)
    I have TM tickets for night 1 and I believe that "there is always a ticket". I'm not in any hurry, I'm sure it will work out just fine.
    I've never spent any real time in Nashville before... looking forward to seeing what I can see!

Well, good luck. I hope you can find a ticket. I'm sure you'll be able to. If I had an extra one, I'd give it to you. I'd recommend seeing the Parthenon. It's pretty cool and has the worlds largest indoor statue inside. Andi it's in Centennial park which hopefully, in mid June we should have some good weather and it's a great place to hang out and relax. and it's only a few miles down the street from Downtown
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    edited May 2009
    I have my extra 10C ticket for night one. PM if interested.
    Post edited by ComeToTX on
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    I'll have the final info on the pre-party tomorrow or Thursday--didn't want you all to think I had forgotten about you! :)

I am in the midst of closing my business, so things are hectic, and I have had a problem pinning down the final peson I need to speak to!

VIVA LA NASHVILLE!

Hey! Still waiting on the final info from Rippy's, and will call the this afternoon if I haven't heard anything!

Can I get a tentative RSVP on the HIE reservations? I need to do a contract with them if we have 10 rooms or more! Not a big deal--it's a friend. :) I am going to start a list at the top of the thread as I hear from people.

Thank you!!! :)
    Krista

Count me as a tentative for the HIE, but as noted above, I would like to know if they would extend that rate to the night after the show too? (the 19th) My decision might be based on that. Thanks in advance~
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    Saturday bump. ;)

• So is there no pre-party for the first show on the 17th?
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
    Apparently, Rippy's is "not interested" in providing a venue for our envent. Should I tell them to kiss our asses?

Take care,
    Krista

kcherub wrote:
    Apparently, Rippy's is "not interested" in providing a venue for our envent. Should I tell them to kiss our asses?

Take care,
    Krista

Fuck 'em.

My thoughts exactly, AA, but I wasn't going to say so. :)

Sooo...what do you guys suggest? I know there were a few ideas thrown around before, with Rippy's being the frontrunner. I closed my store yesterday, so I have plenty of time next week to make calls and send e-mails.

Have a Happy Mother's Day!