Options

I dont mean to start trouble but............

2»

Comments

• Options
    PJ Fan est. 1990PJ Fan est. 1990 Posts: 1,788
    over_bends wrote:
    ...cause as they say "the early bird catches the worm"

Umm... can't that same logic be applied to getting membership?

not when you can't help it....cause i was born in 1990...i was 13 when i started becoming a fan...between then and when i joined, i couldn't just randomly join cause i needed parents permission just to go to a concert let alone go without a chaperon (using one TC ticket for me and one for a friend) but when i turned 18 in september i realized that parental discretion no longer applied to me so i joined in december...so it wasn't my fault i couldn't join early and there are many others like me who couldn't join earlier due to age.

it's like handicap parking...they can't help they are handicapped yet they still get close parking...it could be a crowded lot and they can still get a spot.
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,654
    People stress too much over where their seats are.
    I've been front row, and I've been nosebleed and I've enjoyed them both.
    Sometimes I give up my 10C seats to sit behind the stage, just to get a different view. (Maybe catch Matt's stix)
    So f the 'roll call', the posting on touring fan to estimate your seat local, the stressing over if some higher # fan is in front of you. Just chill and take what you get. You can hear the music from every seat.

The only fan who gets to sit on Ed's lap is Olivia.
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    the only thing i dont like about the further back seats are less passionate fans...always fun though
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    I have a lower # and I want it to be totally random.

I got to sit in the 2nd row at my first PJ concert by total luck. It was an experience I will never forget!

Why not let others have a spot at the front. You psychos are gonna see 15 shows on the tour anyway!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,572
    72XXX

First joined in 1993 I believe

YES I'm old
    YES I prefer the seniority system
    YES I'm going to Chicago
    YES I prefer to deal with the 10 club for tickets
    YES I'm glad I spent the $10 - $20 per year to keep up my membership
    YES I'm okay with the 4 row lottery system
    NO I don't agree with all the whiners and complainers
    NO I am not bald
    No I don't have a cane or a walker
    No I don't have all my hearing from all the concerts I have been to over the years

Just giving my 2 cents
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I look at it this way. I have never been up front and probably never will. But how many times has Ed mentioned the front row during the show (except calling them spoiled fuckers)? Not many. He gives a lot of love to the back rows though because it's easy to notice a lot more energy comes from the back of the venues. I remember him saying something at one of the solo shows about how he used to always be in the back and he would never be caught up front with these spoiled fuckers. That's why he skipped the front row all together and is now on stage. I like better seats just like anyone else, but I'll never complain as long as I'm in the venue.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    you gotta respect those with good numbers who are still pro lottery.

Its the only chance I have to sit in the front. ever. Unless I pay a scalper a few $K.

I dont think the lottery should be a permanent, standard fixture.... but implement forms of it from time to time.
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I must say, even with a high member number (304xxx), I'm extremely pleased with the system. I was a legacy member of the stones fan club (my other favorite band), and other than getting fourth row tickets at Fenway Park....I've gotten significantly worse seats from them, or had to pay thousands to get up front. Pearl Jam is one of the few bands where you can go to any of the broker sites and see barely any, if any at all, floor or close side seats to their shows. They work very hard to control as many of the best tickets as they can, and I appreciate it.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    SolarWorld wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    funnygirl wrote:
    This thread is ridiculous and redundant....There is a system here...it has been this way for a long time...
    That's not true. The system is always changing.

Not really... Seniority has always been the base system with some variations here and there. I'm glad they are back to no lottery.
    That is also not true. Seniority has only been in place since the 2000 US tour. So all the people with really good numbers had them long before seniority was an issue/incentive.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,572
    Actually in 2001 and 2003 it was seniority based but the quality of your seats depended on when you picked them up.

They had blocks of seats set aside for certain levels of seniority

I'm number 72xxx so if I was one of the first pepople in line for my block which I usually was then I got seats in the front row

if you were one of the last in my block of seats then you could be like 26th row
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm not sure if any other lottery winners have said anything here but I won 9th row center in SC last summer.
    Wow it was beyond amazing for me. oh and Indifference encore!!!
    I have a not so great number 333 but not cause I haven't been a fan since I first saw them in 92 but because it just never occurred to me to join a fan club- last one was the Monkees!- dating myself- in the 90's I was raising 2 small children. My point is you cannot judge how much of a fan you are by your number.PJ has been a huge part of my life and I know there are many others out there who would like to have that memory- to be in an awesome seat-
    so I commend those fellow PJ'ers who want to share this with the other members whatever their # is.
    I might like to hope that a compromise could be made that each show could have some lottery seats- it doesn't have to be alot- but it gives us all Hope which is what we need these days and we can share the happiness that it brings to others.
    Have you ever seen the reaction of a lottery winner ? its almost as awesome as the show itself.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    just as long as i'm not sitting with the couple waiting for jeremy and alive to get off their ass
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    i must have been very lucky for all the shows we've been to cause wherever we are everyone's up all night
    well not the EV shows that was tough to contain ourselves but I don't think a lottery winner would do that
    they would be stoked
    then you might not trust your fellow pj'er to enjoy them as you do?

its like christmas lites anyways the more you put up the more it spreads-
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    URthekey wrote:
    People stress too much over where their seats are.
    I've been front row, and I've been nosebleed and I've enjoyed them both.
    Sometimes I give up my 10C seats to sit behind the stage, just to get a different view. (Maybe catch Matt's stix)

You are quite easy to please and you appreciate music anywhere in the building. Very cool.... I like everyone, but I especially like fans who are not jealous of others' seats and is just concerned about accessing the music itself.
    URthekey wrote:
    So f the 'roll call', the posting on touring fan to estimate your seat local, the stressing over if some higher # fan is in front of you. Just chill and take what you get. You can hear the music from every seat.

I wish it were that easy...but people are different. That's why I don't bother being involved because it gets too stressful. Depressing, even...it's a frigging show and there's more to be concerned about. But that's just my opinion.
    URthekey wrote:
    The only fan who gets to sit on Ed's lap is Olivia.

lmao.... no kidding!

I love stories where people enjoy themselves in the front and getting blown away with the band up close... but I cringe when there are those who think they got a "thing" going on with EV and worse - thinks he would remember them the next time. ::eek:: (Personally, I'd hope EV forgot me if he saw me! I'm one of those nervous and clumsy people) Remember that thread where a woman went into so much detail and she went on and on and on....I don't remember her username and I don't care to even try.

I do enjoy stories where they do actually interact with the band.... but I don't think it should be what fans should expect and if it doesn't happen to them, they feel let down.

Lastly, front row people do not necessarily have it "better" than the ones in the back - as long as they have equal access to the music.

It's how they were moved by the music that makes the show for them.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    IamMine wrote:
    Lastly, front row people do not necessarily have it "better" than the ones in the back - as long as they have equal access to the music.

The one time I got front row seats, my wife will tell you I almost enjoyed it less because I was so worried about how the people behind us would perceive us. I'm not really the "rock out" kind but I still loved every minute of it. I guessed there'd be a thread about the guy at the front that hardly moved all night.

At least I got to high five Eddie ;)
  • Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    I think people need to realize that this is probably the best way they can handle all fans.

the 1998 and 2000 tours were one show per member only. and you had to mail your request in.

now you can get as many shows as you want and order them from the comfort of your pc.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    bazzer wrote:
    IamMine wrote:

The one time I got front row seats, my wife will tell you I almost enjoyed it less because I was so worried about how the people behind us would perceive us. I'm not really the "rock out" kind but I still loved every minute of it. I guessed there'd be a thread about the guy at the front that hardly moved all night.

At least I got to high five Eddie ;)

:mrgreen: That's cool, bazzer!

Oh, I don't blame you for feeling that way... I'd feel the same way.

I envy those people who don't give a feck what others think... like my hubby. Not me...as long as people don't look at me, I'll be fine!

People would be thinking I'm lame and poor hubby for having so much fun while I look stiff. :p;)

Ironically, when we were placed in the "worst" seats, the shows were one of the bests! Like Cincy... yeah that famous "fuck cincy"... we were very very far from the stage where the guys looked like ants. And we weren't around 10c members that I was worried about, esp from the board... *chuckles* "Oh shit I hope I don't get pointed out on the board if I did something dumb or something they don't approve of..."

But one cool pj fan was kind to us, though... when we thought we were safe from the board people - she took a picture of me and hubby in canada. as you can tell in this picture, we were far away from the stage: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/m ... llself.jpg

I'm just glad she didn't post it...but rather PM'd me and apologized in advance, which I was glady to accept because I thought that turned out pretty good. :)

Now the EV show in Nashville... to be honest with you, I'd feel sick to my stomach if I am too obvious to people in that small place. But I'll try not to think too much about it... maybe have some drinks to lighten up and forget about people. ;)

That might explain why EV drinks a lot... to loosen up and dealing with all the videos and cameras. I'd probably dread getting up in the morning to see the pictures of me if I was pulled up on the stage. I do NOT take good pictures! And then the remarks I probably wouldn't handle too well and want to die... hahaha.

Anyway, at least you got the high five's from EV to make up for the nasty remarks people make for you being stiff. ;)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII