Options

I dont mean to start trouble but............

BryantBryant Posts: 139
edited May 2009 in The Porch
I love how every tour this topic comes up, the lottery system. Lets be real I am sure all of us love pearl jam and all of us here think that we deserve to be closer than the next person. I think a lottery would be a real bad idea and here is why. One, if some scum bag ticket brooker decides to become a member and joins late and gets tickets and PJ has a lottery I am sure everyone here would be pissed off if he got Front row and sold the tickets for a but load of money. Lets face it Senority is the only way to go because with senority that would not happen, I think we all should be happy that no matter what your 10c number is, you have a chance to get in the building and that my fellow PJ fans is good enough. So lets stop bitching about the rules the 10c makes and just deal with them because if I was one of the first to join I would be real upset about a lottery. Just to be fair my number is 147xxx so I know I have a good number but there are people that I have seen at show and talk to that had better numbers than me and I say fine I dont get pissed because they are closer I am happy for them. So for those how complain about where they sit and there 10c number remember this Pearl Jam does not have to do shit for us we should be thankfull that they do. This rant is not for everyone, and I dont want to piss anyone off but lets get real people rules are rules so stop wanting to change them just because you never sat in the first two rows. PEACE AND LOVE PEACE AND LOVE
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I understand what your saying...coming from member# 129XXX. I am proud of being a 10C member for all these years and I'm ecstatic when tkts are by seniority. It makes it all worth while. I think throughout the years 10c and the band have gone out of there way to be fair to everyone. But at last year's concerts, I was surprized that my seats weren't so great (was not by seniority). I kept thinking of if I had thousands of dollars, I would have been able to buy better seats. It's even harder for me being a short girl!!
    ...I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    Thank you finally someone with some sense. I really wish that all these people would stop crying they have no idea how lucky they really are. Damn 129xx are you going to Chicago? nice seats
  • Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 446
    Really no issues here 145xxx, I had my fair share of really close experiences when they still had GA. I don't to be so close that they can sweat on me the only thing I wish I could choose is if I wanted floor or the side of the arena? At some shows I would be better off on the side then 30+ rows back.

The only thing I am bummed about is that I let me membership lapse from when I signed up in 93, thankfully I didn't wait to long.
  • Options
    LoveBoatAdmiralLoveBoatAdmiral Posts: 1,191
    This is one of the most confusing threads I've ever read. You complain about seniority, tell everyone to stop bitching, then defend the next poster because she bitched about her seats when there was a four row lottery. Plus, I don't buy the argument that the "lottery helps the scalpers" for a second. Scalping is about selling bulk tickets for easy money. You can only get two tickets per show and have to be at the venue and have to be lucky enough to win the lottery. That's just not good risk benefit analysis if you're a scalper.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    I like the seniority system because it's true to the name. You guys are old geezers now and need to be close to stage just so you can see, hear, and understand what is going on. I feel bad for you guys honestly. I'll take my youth and section 200 tickets any day of the week.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    Yea I know us old geezers I really wish pj would offer some canes for us old fokes.
  • Options
    over_bends wrote:
    I like the seniority system because it's true to the name. You guys are old geezers now and need to be close to stage just so you can see, hear, and understand what is going on. I feel bad for you guys honestly. I'll take my youth and section 200 tickets any day of the week.

I'm with this guy. What happened to enjoying the show? When I'm there, I could really give a fuck about where anyone in the building is besides the 5 guys on stage. I just get offended when the ones with the really great numbers say that the rest of us should shut up and be grateful and consider ourselves lucky that we can stare at their bald head for two hours. I don't know though.... based upon the shows I've been to, it seems that the lawn is where the real energy is.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
  • Options
    Here is the thing, what I said was not not trying to be nasty but I have seen this talked about every damn tour and it gets old that is all. If you saw my post I am not pissed off and any one that has a better number than me, and I dont think my number is all that great. I was just saying that we should be happy with what the 10c does for us that is it.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    the lottery was great. I really dont like it as a permanent fixture, but like anything, in moderation its great.

Anyone who complains for getting pushed back 4 rows for a couple shows so thousands of fans (including themselves) have a once in a lifetime chance at front rows... deserve to be puked on at the next show.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    the lottery was great. I really dont like it as a permanent fixture, but like anything, in moderation its great.

Anyone who complains for getting pushed back 4 rows for a couple shows so thousands of fans (including themselves) have a once in a lifetime chance at front rows... deserve to be puked on at the next show.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    The thing is, people don't seem to remember that tickets didn't use to be by seniority. Then they introduced seniority, great! But, tempered by the fact you could only by 2 tickets to one show (or maybe 1 ticket to 2 shows?).

It's great that if you've been a member for a long time you get great seats, but great seats to every show? It's too much, I think. I might have a different story if I had a better number (mine's still pretty OK) and if I lived somewhere that they toured more often.

If you had to choose between seniority and one show only or lottery system but unlimited shows, which would you pick? I guess it depends how many shows you attend per tour. I think it's a reasonable tradeoff. I still think it would be best if seniority applied to one show and then random to your other shows. I don't think it would be that hard to implement. The only problem is with shows being announced in small groups it makes it hard to decide which show should be your "seniority" show. But it's different on a full tour, they usually at least announce a leg at a time. Maybe it could be one show per leg...
  • Options
    PearlJamPatriotPearlJamPatriot Posts: 2,426
    bazzer wrote:
    The thing is, people don't seem to remember that tickets didn't use to be by seniority. Then they introduced seniority, great! But, tempered by the fact you could only by 2 tickets to one show (or maybe 1 ticket to 2 shows?).

It's great that if you've been a member for a long time you get great seats, but great seats to every show? It's too much, I think. I might have a different story if I had a better number (mine's still pretty OK) and if I lived somewhere that they toured more often.

If you had to choose between seniority and one show only or lottery system but unlimited shows, which would you pick? I guess it depends how many shows you attend per tour. I think it's a reasonable tradeoff. I still think it would be best if seniority applied to one show and then random to your other shows. I don't think it would be that hard to implement. The only problem is with shows being announced in small groups it makes it hard to decide which show should be your "seniority" show. But it's different on a full tour, they usually at least announce a leg at a time. Maybe it could be one show per leg...
    I like seniority with lottery and unlimited shows.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    funnygirlfunnygirl Posts: 529
    This thread is ridiculous and redundant....There is a system here...it has been this way for a long time...The simple fact is that not EVERY 10c member is at EVERY show! Which means that there are opportunities for each member to have pretty good seats regardless of seniority...It all depends on how many members are there and how many seats are allotted... sooooo annoying, please!

10c is awesome...I love the system, I love what they do...Cheers to all that are positive!
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    funnygirl wrote:
    This thread is ridiculous and redundant....There is a system here...it has been this way for a long time...
    That's not true. The system is always changing.
  • Options
    cindbricindbri Posts: 88
    I'm with funnygirl on this one. I haven't checked this board in a LONG time. Have a decent fanclub # but that's cuz I'm over 30...when did it become all about where my seat is?? I've been in the nosebleeds and i've been fairly close to the stage, but every time the constant has been the music, isn't that why we're there? Anyways, I'm looking forward to a great show in chicago, and i don't give a fuck where i'm at because i'll be in the building.
  • Options
    TheSeekerTheSeeker Posts: 66
    Thank you 10 club for the service you do provide!! or else we all would paying up the butt to ticketslave and all their scalper affiliates.
    Stay positive people!
    At least Pearl Jam is still together and relevant!! :mrgreen:
    i dont ? our Xtence, I just ? our modern needs
  • Options
    PJ Fan est. 1990PJ Fan est. 1990 Posts: 1,788
    ok coming from a member who just joined...

yes i am ecstatic for being in the same room as this band...however, i find it unfair still...i mean low #'d members ALWAYS get those first few row seats...it would be nice for a change just to be able to experience a first row/second row/3rd row (basically within pick throwing/stick throwing range)...if i could just be able to get that experience just ONCE then my bitching will stop...but with my number 425XXX, i know that will never happen unless i buy off a low #'d member (but since selling tickets is forbidden, well at least they say it's forbidden, that wont happen either)...i'm just saying, give the new guys a chance...just once...and we will all stop bitching...

and instead of a lottery, do First Come First Serve...this way people aren't glued to their e-mail accounts waiting for that confirmation e-mail...too much false hope and angry members...first come first serve, the only people the member who missed out has to blame it's himself...cause as they say "the early bird catches the worm"
  • Options
    lawguylawguy Posts: 257
    I think they 10C should change it up for every tour. Seniorty one tour, lottery another tour, a mixture on the next tour, etc. People will feel screwed or cheated any way you do it. However, to do seniorty for every show seems unfair. I have been a faithful fan for over a decade and I cant get anywhere near the front row (especially with all the fans in Chicago) when its seniority. That being said, I was able to be about 5th row center for the Vic show when it was GA and I lucked out and got 2nd row center for Eddie's show last summer in Chicago, so I have seen both ends of the spectrum. I do think it would be very cool to get close for a big arena show though. Thats next on my list I suppose....
  • Options
    jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    10C is a great gift this band gives to its crazy fans...
    If you are front row or you are in the back, it dosen't matter. You are supposed to be there for the music, not the eye contact.
    I am old enough to have lived through all the different types of ticketing options... on thing is constant, the shows are great. Let the 10C do their job and lets celebrate the ability to keep seeing this band after all these years.
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    ...cause as they say "the early bird catches the worm"

Umm... can't that same logic be applied to getting membership?
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    bad thread....majority of fans love the chance of getting the lottery rows and i feel like the people who have problems with that are pretty self centered and don't care if someone who never gets front row has an AMAZING expierence in the front row for one show instead of them...just my opinion
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    InMyTree4 wrote:
    bad thread....majority of fans love the chance of getting the lottery rows and i feel like the people who have problems with that are pretty self centered and don't care if someone who never gets front row has an AMAZING expierence in the front row for one show instead of them...just my opinion

you're not the only one who feels that way. i'm perfectly fine w/ the lottery. i've seen them up close a few times & i'm more than happy to let someone else have that experience.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    bazzer wrote:
    funnygirl wrote:
    This thread is ridiculous and redundant....There is a system here...it has been this way for a long time...
    That's not true. The system is always changing.

Not really... Seniority has always been the base system with some variations here and there. I'm glad they are back to no lottery.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Move to Europe, where seniority means fuck all and it's all about how early you get up in the morning of the show ;)

I've been front row, and I think everyone deserves the chance to experience it at least ONCE - but not every show!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    deserteddotsedeserteddotse Posts: 1,276
    I'm confused... :?

Are all PJ concerts in US seated? If thats the case I feel really bad for you guys...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    funnygirl wrote:
    This thread is ridiculous and redundant....There is a system here...it has been this way for a long time...The simple fact is that not EVERY 10c member is at EVERY show! Which means that there are opportunities for each member to have pretty good seats regardless of seniority...It all depends on how many members are there and how many seats are allotted... sooooo annoying, please!

10c is awesome...I love the system, I love what they do...Cheers to all that are positive!

I couldn't agree with you more! It is very annoying indeed. I'm sure many many more agree but don't even bother to open these threads anymore!

;)
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    106###

i like the first two rows being open to a lottery ... having been in those seats - i know every true PJ fan would appreciate - i don't really think it's fair that if low member number people decide to go to like 5 shows, they will be in the front row of all those shows. The reality is that if they are in the front row in future shows, they have likely been in the front row in previous shows. It's an experience I think should be spread amongst as many fans as possible and although i've benefited greatly from seniority - i don't think it's fair in the long run.
  • Options
    PrlJam27PrlJam27 Colonia, NJ Posts: 346
    over_bends wrote:
    ...cause as they say "the early bird catches the worm"

Umm... can't that same logic be applied to getting membership?

exactly what i thought when i first read that
  • Options
    CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    funnygirl wrote:

Best post of the thread....this is so true.

Not every member is there...so a high number member could be suprised....I hope its me:)
    See you at the Albany fundraiser Funnygirl!
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I'm a 125xxx. I thought the lottery system was a good idea and had suggested it on the board after the Grand Rapids "accident", which was simply not an accident.

If you're a band like PJ, you need to feed off the energy of the crowd. With seats, there's less going on in the crowd. With the same faces multiple nights presumably with little excitement, that's not easily possible.

Even if it's just front row random (truly random, not just people from the back) then I'm still for it. Doesn't affect most of us too much, but would be nice to have a surprise that is truly random.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10