Options

How are all you UKers doing the Manchester to London trip?

Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
edited April 2009 in The Porch
The logical option would probably be to stop over in manchester after the gig, and then get a train or coach in the morning to get to the o2 on time. You guys got any special plans to do this smoothly, or anything?
What the fuck is this world?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RiffJamRiffJam Posts: 143
    Early morning train back to London, either that or drive back (3-4 hours ish?). Coach would be cheap but it's a pretty long journey i think.
    London 28-10-96, London 29-10-96, London 20-04-06, Dublin 23-08-06, Reading 27-08-06, Marseille 09-09-06, Berlin 23-09-06, Athens 30-09-06, Madrid 09-06-07, London18-06-07, Copenhagen 26-06-07, Boston 28-06-08, London 11-08-09, Rotterdam 13-08-09, Manchester 17-08-09, London 18-08-09, Toronto 21-08-09, Philadelphia 30-10-09, Philadelphia 31-10-09, Manchester 20-06-12, Manchester 21-06-12, Stockholm 07-07-12, Leeds 08-07-14, Milton Keynes 11-07-14, Boston 05-08-16, Amsterdam 12-06-18, London 18-06-18, Krakow 03-07-18, London 18-07-18, Copenhagen 05-07-22, London 08-07-22
  • Options
    pretty sure there is a fast train from manchester to london so will be getting that, 2 1/5 hours i think! Or risk the drive! whats the parking like at the o2???
    ~ Chin of stone, heart of clay! ~
  • Options
    RiffJamRiffJam Posts: 143
    pretty sure there is a fast train from manchester to london so will be getting that, 2 1/5 hours i think! Or risk the drive! whats the parking like at the o2???

Expensive! Easy to get to from central London so I'd definitely do the public transport option
    London 28-10-96, London 29-10-96, London 20-04-06, Dublin 23-08-06, Reading 27-08-06, Marseille 09-09-06, Berlin 23-09-06, Athens 30-09-06, Madrid 09-06-07, London18-06-07, Copenhagen 26-06-07, Boston 28-06-08, London 11-08-09, Rotterdam 13-08-09, Manchester 17-08-09, London 18-08-09, Toronto 21-08-09, Philadelphia 30-10-09, Philadelphia 31-10-09, Manchester 20-06-12, Manchester 21-06-12, Stockholm 07-07-12, Leeds 08-07-14, Milton Keynes 11-07-14, Boston 05-08-16, Amsterdam 12-06-18, London 18-06-18, Krakow 03-07-18, London 18-07-18, Copenhagen 05-07-22, London 08-07-22
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    is there a bus i could take to london the night the manchester show ends?
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Top of my head get a train up there, stay the night then train it back down.
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    There is a 4am bus Manc to London (bus times are in the manc thread in the live section). Except a 4 hour sleep on a bus sounds pretty hellish.

I think I'll get a train down in the morning. Can only book it 3 months in advance, so hopefully it'll be pretty easy to get a cheap ticket when the time comes. Only 18 quid in advance (40 or 50 on the day). Failing that I might bare the bus ride if lots of other people are doing it.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Why travel during the night :S

Just get a room for the night and set off around midday... or morning.
  • Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    i do it like this..

drive to men, sleep in car, drive back, drop car off
    train to london, couple(few) beers :D:D stay in a london fleapit or worse

see ya there!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I live 5 mins away from the MEN so will just be staying over at my house

Then gonna get an early National Express/Megabus down to London in the morning

then after the gig get the 1am National Express bus back to Manchester.

Subject to change..... Would prefer to make a journey with other fans,.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    well i readin how the UKers doing it but one Irish chap is planning to fly to liverpool (cheaper at the minute) the day b4 gig and training it to manchester for the gig before back to l'pool and train to london next day with flight outta gatwick for cheap enough on the 20th!!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • Options
    Yield72Yield72 Posts: 193
    What is the price of the gasoline in London..!??!?!
    I'm myself like you somehow.....
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    fowls wrote:
    There is a 4am bus Manc to London (bus times are in the manc thread in the live section). Except a 4 hour sleep on a bus sounds pretty hellish.

I think I'll get a train down in the morning. Can only book it 3 months in advance, so hopefully it'll be pretty easy to get a cheap ticket when the time comes. Only 18 quid in advance (40 or 50 on the day). Failing that I might bare the bus ride if lots of other people are doing it.
    I've booked myself a £1 ticket on that 4am bus just to be safe.. but might end up driving with friends or something else.. then I'll just have lost the £1 anyway..
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Pegasus wrote:
    fowls wrote:

I've booked myself a £1 ticket on that 4am bus just to be safe.. but might end up driving with friends or something else.. then I'll just have lost the £1 anyway..

but please remember thats one less seat for someone else if you do decide to not use it... you could always give it away to someone right enough...

i've been toying with the idea of taking a sleeping bag and perhaps sleeping in the car... dunno yet... dont know if Londons and option at the mo.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    Pegasus wrote:
    fowls wrote:

but please remember thats one less seat for someone else if you do decide to not use it... you could always give it away to someone right enough...

i've been toying with the idea of taking a sleeping bag and perhaps sleeping in the car... dunno yet... dont know if Londons and option at the mo.
    Hey Dunk your more than welcome to travel with me and the missus,we are doing manc,london pick ya up/drop off at carlisle,offer there if ya need it pal.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    car ride, dead easy.....trains are a fortune unless booked NOW
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Pegasus wrote:
    fowls wrote:

Would be alright to link me to that £1 deal, man?
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    car ride, dead easy.....trains are a fortune unless booked NOW
    Okay I'll come with you Paul. 8-)
    One hand will wash the other!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    dunkman wrote:
    Pegasus wrote:
    fowls wrote:

i've been toying with the idea of taking a sleeping bag and perhaps sleeping in the car... dunno yet... don't know if Londons and option at the mo.
    don't worry Dunk, if I don't use it I intend to give it away :)

http://megabus.co.uk/uk/
  • Options
    PolPol Posts: 60
    Me and my friend are planning on staying the night in Manchester and then flying/train/whatever to London in the morning. Should be plenty of time to work it this way. Can't wait for this, a double dose of PJ. I've been waiting 2 years since Wembley. Oh I'm all giddy :D:D:D:lol:
    In Pearl Jam we trust!
  • Options
    I'm only 10 mins drive from the MEN, so will be stopping there and then driving down to London, staying with friends there that night. Am possibly already taking somebody else who's taking my spare Rotterdam ticket from Manc -> London, so could well have space in the car if people want a ride and to split petrol costs etc.

Could maybe put a couple of folk up in Manchester as well after the gig, not sure how I feel about that yet, but for those of you looking at hotel rooms etc, there could be some floor space coming up.
  • Options
    Hey Dunk your more than welcome to travel with me and the missus,we are doing manc,london pick ya up/drop off at carlisle,offer there if ya need it pal.

oh man... thats a great offer and once we've decided about our shows i'll let you know. It's looking increasingly likely that we can only do the one show... the London one is on the same day as both our kids go back to school after the summer hols... The wife might just let me go on my own... we'll see :)

but offer is very much appreciated and i may take you up on it. :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dunkman wrote:
    [the London one is on the same day as both our kids go back to school after the summer hols...

That is so early Dunk!
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    ~~~***MINIBUS HIRE MANCHESTER -> LONDON***~~~

I am checking out quotes for a coach to take a buch of us from Man to Lon, straight to the Arena, after the show.

Manchester (MEN Arena) To - > London (o2 Arena)
    Date: August 18th, 01:00AM

For those of you who were on the Polish Bus, well, you know what to expect! :D Only 4 bearable hours of it ;)

So ->>>>> Please sign up if you're an interested freak, better pm me so I find you, if we are 50 Jammers it'll be £20 a head

Another environmently friendly way to go would be to carpool, if all drivers would like to creat lists of 3 passengers each - would be fantastic!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    [the London one is on the same day as both our kids go back to school after the summer hols...

That is so early Dunk!

its always been that way for us.

they break up on July 5th or something... 6 weeks later they go back...

its normal handy as we can go away in first 2 weeks of july for half the price as its classed 'out of season'
  • Options
    alexross42alexross42 Posts: 367
    If you're planning on staying overnight in Manc check out the Travelodge website: http://www.travelodge.co.uk
    I picked up a saver room for £19! Just around the corner from the venue :)
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    einatshaul wrote:
    ~~~***MINIBUS HIRE MANCHESTER -> LONDON***~~~

I am checking out quotes for a coach to take a buch of us from Man to Lon, straight to the Arena, after the show.

Manchester (MEN Arena) To - > London (o2 Arena)
    Date: August 18th, 01:00AM

For those of you who were on the Polish Bus, well, you know what to expect! :D Only 4 bearable hours of it ;)

So ->>>>> Please sign up if you're an interested freak, better pm me so I find you, if we are 50 Jammers it'll be £20 a head

Another environmently friendly way to go would be to carpool, if all drivers would like to creat lists of 3 passengers each - would be fantastic!

Quoting myself here... To say... It'll be £15 each now, to ride the crazy bus to the o2 right after the show. Depending on attendance, we'll have either a 50 seater or a 25 seater, so hurry up and send me a message if you want to be on the list.
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:einatshaul@hotmail.com">einatshaul@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    How expensive is the train from Manchester to London?
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    Oxxys wrote:
    How expensive is the train from Manchester to London?

If you book it 3 months in advance and travel off-peak, £11 one way. If you turn up on the day, and travel at a peak time....£125. Go figure.
  • Options
    Car! Got relatives in Manchester so driving from Southampton to Manchester for the weekend then to London on the Tuesday, parking at the o2 - you can pre-book your space on the o2 arena website. Proper road trip with Pearl Jam blasting out the stereo all the way!!

If they open with Release then that will be worth the trip!!
    ~ Chin of stone, heart of clay! ~
  • Options
    Driving to Manchester from London and vice versa...looked in to the train but it was £70. Going to stay over in Manchester somewhere cheap
    "I Blame Everything On Eddie Vedder"