EV Nashville Pre-Party Fundraiser!!!

Comments

• Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 790
    ponytd wrote:
    Rippy's is open for anyone under the age of 21 cause I've seen kids in there eating with their parents before Predator games. Unless they've changed the policy in the last month. There's also Hard Rock Cafe which isn't but a couple of blocks down the street if everything else falls through. I'll be stopping by before the show but I don't really have anything to donate. Man I can't wait for this show.

oh please dont do Hard Rock.. there are so many better opitions and places that are unique to Nashville unlike Hard Rock

still vote for Rippy's
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    ponytd wrote:
    Rippy's is open for anyone under the age of 21 cause I've seen kids in there eating with their parents before Predator games. Unless they've changed the policy in the last month. There's also Hard Rock Cafe which isn't but a couple of blocks down the street if everything else falls through. I'll be stopping by before the show but I don't really have anything to donate. Man I can't wait for this show.

oh please dont do Hard Rock.. there are so many better opitions and places that are unique to Nashville unlike Hard Rock

still vote for Rippy's

Oh, I agree. I just figured if nowhere else could be booked (although I don't see why not) that was open to people under 21, I'd throw it out there. I vote Rippy's too.
  • kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Calling Rippy's in the morning...will make sure they will treat us right and allow under 21s!!! :)

I will also have info on the group rate at the Holiday Inn Express just up the street from The Ryman. My friend is the GM there, and it's pretty darn nice and recently updated. They also offer shuttle service, so that's a bonus!!! Don't book until you hear from me! CMA festivities end the day before, so there will be plenty of available rooms if you don't want to stay at the HIE!
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Any spare tickets floating around?? PM me...
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Great to see a fund-raising party being set up for Nashville! :mrgreen:

It's also awesome of Laura to help out... I've seen her and she really does a great job! She's a hard worker!

I miggghhhtt be able to rsvp for both me and hubby, mysmallself.... depending on whether we get the tickets to the show.

I'll come back here to let you know if we do. :)

I'm just using this as an excuse to subscribe to this thread to keep up with the updates! :mrgreen:
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • WhoDeyWhoDey Posts: 115
    I will be making the drive +1 from Cincy. Was at the Milwaukee show last year and they had a great pre-party, I am looking forward to a great time in Nashville!!!!
    WhoDey wrote:
    I will be making the drive +1 from Cincy. Was at the Milwaukee show last year and they had a great pre-party, I am looking forward to a great time in Nashville!!!!

Wow. That's a lot of pressure on me to do a good job! ;)

IamMine wrote:

It's also awesome of Laura to help out... I've seen her and she really does a great job! She's a hard worker!

I miggghhhtt be able to rsvp for both me and hubby, mysmallself.... depending on whether we get the tickets to the show.

I'm just using this as an excuse to subscribe to this thread to keep up with the updates! :mrgreen:

Hope you do get to come!!! Laura isn't actually coming to help, but she will be invaluable with my myriad of questions! I met her in Chicago last year, and she had that pre-party down to a science! She should--she's the grand marshall of Wishlist! Nice gal and pretty red hair, too!!! :)

• Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    kcherub wrote:
    IamMine wrote:

Hope you do get to come!!! Laura isn't actually coming to help, but she will be invaluable with my myriad of questions! I met her in Chicago last year, and she had that pre-party down to a science! She should--she's the grand marshall of Wishlist! Nice gal and pretty red hair, too!!! :)

doh! :oops: :ugeek: :oops:
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • WhoDeyWhoDey Posts: 115
    kcherub wrote:
    WhoDey wrote:

Wow. That's a lot of pressure on me to do a good job! ;)

HAHA, No pressure!! If there are cold drinks and some great PJ fans, it will be fantastic!!
  • Bump
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    kcherub wrote:
    Calling Rippy's in the morning...will make sure they will treat us right and allow under 21s!!! :)

I will also have info on the group rate at the Holiday Inn Express just up the street from The Ryman. My friend is the GM there, and it's pretty darn nice and recently updated. They also offer shuttle service, so that's a bonus!!! Don't book until you hear from me! CMA festivities end the day before, so there will be plenty of available rooms if you don't want to stay at the HIE!

I am looking into hotels now, but will wait to hear what you find out for the discount. Let us know!

Oh this is getting harder and harder to wait. It's hard to imagine.... (pun intended)
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Seeing Patterson at Grimey's earlier in the day (they haven't announced what time his in-store is yet), but I will, tentatively, be by for the pre-party.

Cheers,

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    See you there!
    Can't wait to meet everyone. :)
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Seeing Patterson at Grimey's earlier in the day (they haven't announced what time his in-store is yet), but I will, tentatively, be by for the pre-party.

Cheers,

PBM

me too! added bonus.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    ComeToTX wrote:
    me too! added bonus.

Right on! Do you know what time he'll perform? Is it usually around 5 or 6?

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

nope. coming in from texas earlier that day. not on the grimeys site yet.
    ComeToTX wrote:
    not on the grimeys site yet.

I emailed Anna at Grimey's and she informed me that it's a 6pm start time.

Edward starts at 7:30...should be cutting it close.

PBM

• j_web18j_web18 Posts: 186
    This may be a dumb question, but who is Patterson?
    4-22-2003 St Louis, 10-5-2004 St Louis, 5-16/17-2006 Chicago, 6-24-2006 Cincinnati, 8-5-2007 Lollapalooza, 6-14-2008 Bonnaroo, 8-22-2008 EV Chicago, 6-18-2009 EV Nashville, 8-23/24-2009 Chicago, 9-21-22-2009 Seattle, 5-4-2010 St Louis, 5-7-2010 Indy, 7-1/2011 EV St Louis, 9-3-2011 Alpine, 7-19-2013 Wrigley
  • el_reyel_rey Posts: 26
    patrick patterson. he plays bball for UK
  • satcheltnsatcheltn Posts: 16
    Add me +1 to the list. I am pumped!!!
    So now we might have to work on a night one fundraiser too.. (or at least gathering of some variety.) Hmmm

DC30718 wrote:
    patrick patterson. he plays bball for UK

What? Huh? Patterson is going to be in Nashville? Who, what, when, where and how?
    So now we might have to work on a night one fundraiser too.. (or at least gathering of some variety.) Hmmm

We won't be getting into Nashville until around 4:00 p.m. on the 17th, so I am out! I was "hoping" that people who were there for the 17th show would hang around for the pre-party on the 18th to blow it out!!! However, if anyone is willing to do a pre-party on the 17th, I give you my blessing. LOL

Hey, I need input from all ya'll...regarding the hotel group rate info. Should I post it here, with a list at the top, or start a whole new thread? Don't most people at least read the pre-party thread for the town they are going to?

Thanks!!!

And...if you know how to change my freakin' signature, I'll take that input, too.

kcherub wrote:
    Hey, I need input from all ya'll...regarding the hotel group rate info. Should I post it here, with a list at the top, or start a whole new thread? Don't most people at least read the pre-party thread for the town they are going to?

Thanks!!!

And...if you know how to change my freakin' signature, I'll take that input, too.

I say just put it in the first post of this thread and maybe add an update to the thread title, that way people can get all the info in one thread. Good luck.

Oh, and I'll have one more coming with me. Maybe even 3.
    ponytd wrote:
    kcherub wrote:

Thanks!!!

I say just put it in the first post of this thread and maybe add an update to the thread title, that way people can get all the info in one thread. Good luck.

Oh, and I'll have one more coming with me. Maybe even 3.

Thanks...that is what I was hoping and will just do that in the morning!!!

Rock on, with the maybe plus 3!!! :)

j_web18 wrote:
    This may be a dumb question, but who is Patterson?

Patterson Hood of the Drive-By Truckers is doing an in-store at Grimey's on June 18th at 6pm and plays The Mercy Lounge later that night.

PBM

Bump!

6 is cutting it close but i may try to go for a few songs. it will be night 2 so i will have seen liam open (seen him twice at sxsw already anyway). never been to the mercy lounge but do you think it will be a late show? wouldn't mind a patterson post ev party.