The Wilco Thread

Comments

• pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    Oxxys wrote:

I have tried and tried and tried some more to download the D.C. show, but it won't let me. I am getting frustrated.

Try this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FVWHLOLR[/quote]

Thanks Man![/quote]

Well, shared Wilco love wins out even someone being a Mets fan. :D
  • InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    I just noticed he was a phillys fan! Yuk! Go Mets, but thank you for the boot still!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    looks like Conor Oberst is opening for Wilco on several of the east coast dates ...

Form Wilco's tour page "Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band suppports July 8 thru July 19, except July 13"

... anyone have a clue who is opening for them when they are on the west cost?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    have no clue but good news that conor is opening for the show I will be at :)
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • What is the deal with the tickets for Virginia. Is it sold out? I tried to get tickets and it said not available. If I waited too long, it would be shame because I am DYING to go to that show.
    it lists the show on www.wilcoworld.net as there being tickets available and the pre-sale is on right now.

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Zoso wrote:
    it lists the show on http://www.wilcoworld.net as there being tickets available and the pre-sale is on right now.

looks like only lawn seats are available
  • I got my Brooklyn ticket today. It will be my third show of theirs and I have friends flying in from Cali so it should be great.

The first time I saw them was at the Starland Ballroom in New Jersey and after Heavy Metal Drummer I held up the devil horns salute like Ronnie James Dio and Tweedy saw me and gave it back. It was pretty funny.
    When FASCISM Comes To America
    it will be wrapped in the FLAG and
    carrying a CROSS.
    I got my Brooklyn ticket today. It will be my third show of theirs and I have friends flying in from Cali so it should be great.

The first time I saw them was at the Starland Ballroom in New Jersey and after Heavy Metal Drummer I held up the devil horns salute like Ronnie James Dio and Tweedy saw me and gave it back. It was pretty funny.

I love jeff tweedy is so funny on stage.. he is so awkward and random on stage during shows. different to eddie who seems to be more serious.

• Zoso wrote:
    I got my Brooklyn ticket today. It will be my third show of theirs and I have friends flying in from Cali so it should be great.

I love jeff tweedy is so funny on stage.. he is so awkward and random on stage during shows. different to eddie who seems to be more serious.

i was watching sunken treasure last night and have to agree. the whole story he tells at the beginning of the dvd about "the abyss" is great
    MSG II 6/25/08
    Dunno about the weather where y'all are, but in the NY area, it's a great day to drive around to Sky Blue Sky.
  • TallGuyCMTallGuyCM Posts: 328
    Nice. I can imagine "Walken" and "Impossible Germany" would be great sunny day driving songs. :D
    And today's album is Summerteeth. Of course.
    summerteeth weather indeed.

so what are people's thought on the new DVD?? I don't think I have seen a better music movie before. I just love it.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Zoso wrote:

so what are people's thought on the new DVD?? I don't think I have seen a better music movie before. I just love it.

it just arrived yesterday. we're going to watch it later today. awesome setlist on that dvd. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Zoso wrote:

it just arrived yesterday. we're going to watch it later today. awesome setlist on that dvd. 8-)

it's a great watch it really is.. I love the extra songs especially I'm the man who loves you.

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    Zoso wrote:

I'm curious about this... I haven't bought it, but I had to really restrain myself to save the $. What's the tracklist? How does it stack up to 'I am Trying to Break Your Heart' (my fav music dvd of all time)?
    from memory:

Ashes of American Flags
    Side with the Seeds
    Handshake Drugs
    The Last Greats
    Kingpin
    Wishful Thinking
    Impossible Germany
    Via Chicago
    Shot in the Arm
    Monday
    You Are My Face
    Heavy Metal Drummer
    War on War
    I'm The Man Who Loves You
    Airline To Heaven
    It's Just That Simple
    At Least That's What You Said
    I am Trying to Break Your Heart
    Theologians
    Hate It Here

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    Zoso wrote:
    from memory:

Ashes of American Flags
    Side with the Seeds
    Handshake Drugs
    The Last Greats
    Kingpin
    Wishful Thinking
    Impossible Germany
    Via Chicago
    Shot in the Arm
    Monday
    You Are My Face
    Heavy Metal Drummer
    War on War
    Airline To Heaven
    It's Just That Simple
    Theologians
    Hate It Here

Damn, that's some memory you've got there! Looks like a helluva set... I may have to suck it up and spring for this.

On a related note, has anyone listened to the Mermaid albums with Billy Brag? I've been curious about them for a while now.
    Zoso wrote:

How does it stack up to 'I am Trying to Break Your Heart' (my fav music dvd of all time)?

i just watched it for the 1st time yesterday & it was quite good....it's a live dvd, so it's not quite the "doc style" of their last dvd, but it's well worth the $.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Zoso wrote:
    from memory:

Ashes of American Flags
    Side with the Seeds
    Handshake Drugs
    The Last Greats
    Kingpin
    Wishful Thinking
    Impossible Germany
    Via Chicago
    Shot in the Arm
    Monday
    You Are My Face
    Heavy Metal Drummer
    War on War
    Airline To Heaven
    It's Just That Simple
    Theologians
    Hate It Here

Damn, that's some memory you've got there! Looks like a helluva set... I may have to suck it up and spring for this.

On a related note, has anyone listened to the Mermaid albums with Billy Brag? I've been curious about them for a while now.

Mermaid Avenue albums are definitely worth checking out. Not a big Billy Bragg fan, but the Wilco material is solid. Some tunes (California Stars, Airline To Heaven) are pretty regular in their sets and others get rotated in every so often.
    8/9/92 Jones Beach, 10/2/96 Hartford, 9/8/98 E. Rutherford, 9/1/00 Camden, 7/5/03 Camden, 7/9/03 MSG, 7/14/03 PNC, 10/1/04 Reading, 9/30/05 Borgata, 10/1/05 Borgata, 10/3/05 Philly, 5/27/06 Camden, 6/1/06 E. Rutherford, 6/3/06 E. Rutherford, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/24/08 MSG, 6/25/08 MSG, 8/7/08 EV@NJPAC, 10/30/09 Spectrum, 10/31/09 Spectrum, 5/18/10 Newark
  • greenmannygreenmanny Posts: 766
    I saw Wilco in Oxford, MS last Thursday. It was amazing. Jeff got onto the crowd for an over abundance of text messaging and talking while they were playing. Leave it to the prick-filled town of Oxford. The show was awesome. The band played several songs from the AM album. :D I definitely will go to several Wilco concerts in the future.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    So i just got around to downloading the audio of the Ashes of American Flag & the bonus DC show at the 930 club.

Man the sound quality of that 930 show is awesome. I used to telll folks to check out kicking television when they were trying to get into the band, but now i'm just going to give them that DC show.

Great bonus feature for those who got the dvd on record store day!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    So i just got around to downloading the audio of the Ashes of American Flag & the bonus DC show at the 930 club.

Man the sound quality of that 930 show is awesome. I used to telll folks to check out kicking television when they were trying to get into the band, but now i'm just going to give them that DC show.

Great bonus feature for those who got the dvd on record store day!

actually I didn't get it on record store day and still got the 2 extra's :D

• a question for y'all. if winRAR opens when i try and download the 9:30 club show and says it is only available for a 40 day sample but still appears to work is anything illegal about that?
    MSG II 6/25/08
  • TallGuyCMTallGuyCM Posts: 328
    a question for y'all. if winRAR opens when i try and download the 9:30 club show and says it is only available for a 40 day sample but still appears to work is anything illegal about that?

I've used an old copy for months if not a year, and it warns me that it's not free, blah blah, and I just hit "close" and it works fine. I'm assuming many others do the exact same thing.
    interesting name for the new wilco album :D wilco (the album)..

reported on www.pitchforkmedia.com and rolling stone website.

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Zoso wrote:

reported on http://www.pitchforkmedia.com and rolling stone website.
    I love it.
    Wilco (The Album)
    first song- "The Wilco Song"

:D

I think i got an erection after reading this :? :D :twisted:
    the nearly-six-minute jam “Bull Black Nova” starts with rollicking drums, stacatto keys and guitars before exploding into a killer solo from guitarist Nels Cline. Think of the it as a sonic follow-up to the kraut-rockin’ “Spiders (Kidsmoke).” “That one’s a really intense, powerful song,” says Kotche of “Nova.” “It’s got a static groove that’s really insistent. There’s a lot of great guitar moments on that song.”
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    Zoso wrote:

I love it.
    Wilco (The Album)

the nearly-six-minute jam “Bull Black Nova” starts with rollicking drums, stacatto keys and guitars before exploding into a killer solo from guitarist Nels Cline. Think of the it as a sonic follow-up to the kraut-rockin’ “Spiders (Kidsmoke).” “That one’s a really intense, powerful song,” says Kotche of “Nova.” “It’s got a static groove that’s really insistent. There’s a lot of great guitar moments on that song.”

I think I'm as eager to here this new album as I am with PJ's and that's saying something.

intodeep wrote:
    Zoso wrote:

I love it.
    Wilco (The Album)

damn....!
    i like the way that sounds! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com