EV Memphis 6/20 Pre-Party Fundraiser

mindimindi Posts: 1,858
edited June 2009 in Given To Fly (live)
I'm going to go ahead and get this started. Ozarkcoolchic is organizing this and I am going to be helping out. So if you have any questions or want to donate anything to the raffle you can pm one of us or email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:mindi_d@sbcglobal.net">mindi_d@sbcglobal.net</a><!-- e -->
And I c&p this from the Maui posts because they did it so nicely :mrgreen:

Organized by
ozarkcoolchic-Melissa

Volunteers:
mindi

Date:
Saturday June 20

Time:
2:30-5:30

Where:
Hard Rock Cafe Memphis
315 Beale St.
Memphis, TN 38103

Beneficiary
Delta Girls Rock Camp

Fundraiser Gifts w/Donations:
EV pick t-shirts
Wristbands
Stadium cups
Stickers
Keychains
Mousepads
Wishlist art prints
EV pick ticket albums

Fundraiser Raffle Items: List is slightly different since we can't hold a raffle, so bear with us. Melissa typed this all up so I am going to just copy and paste her list.
r="Thank you gift" raffle item
a=auction item

sun studio: tshirts & hats will be split & each will be individually R the admissions to the museum will be broken into 2 prs for 2 R

ozarkcoolchic: chicago II 06 ames poster (r) cleveland 06 ames poster (r) 8x10 framed foto of Ed in kitchener 05 (a)

mindi: batman (a), other ev poster (a), zippo (r)

PearlJim: Cultivate the tour cd (r) s&n bonaroo poster (a) i am yet unsure what the other poster he's donating not sure if its a or r

darkstar: chicago 03 poster (a)

iwasthere: Gorge II 06 ames poster (R)

patrickredeyes: 03 blue tour T size xl (r), 08 black Klausen tour T sz xl (r). 06 tour pin set (r), fanclub pin set (r), ev 08 west coast pin & sticker set ( r), assortment of stickers 4-6 (r)

cosmicslop: Klausen LA 06 poster (a)

Lamar Sorrento: 14x18 original painting commissioned for our event (a)

articangel: 6 cd boots from 98-06 split into 3 (r's)

Blind3: autographed Doors lyrics (a)

jlew34asu: poster or posters to be brought to the event

KingJeremy: ten redux vinyl album sealed & xl stickman shirt

kdh12: 08 Camden night II poster signed and numbered by BK (a)

hbr3166: ?

EV black trucker hat-donated by Giacometti (a)

Raffle Ticket Donation Prices:
3 tickets for $5
8 tickets for $10

Raffle/Auction Donations Needed:
If you have official t-shirts, posters, stickers or any other cool PJ related stuff you'd like to donate, please send a PM!

Also we will be collecting any old instruments or music gear that you might want to donate to the Delta Girls Rock Camp.

RSVP:
Mindi and hubby(Ken)
jlew24asu
scb
pearljim
whitepants
Riverrunner (Gina) and husband (Butch)
krymsin
oldestpjfan
Lov2rock
Turnmyworldtoblack
KingJeremy
pearljamfan99 and wife
Brian and Carmen Soucie
WindNoSail
mnpjgrrl
hbk3166
MOOKIE55
JM17407 +1
bostonman
luv-ed91
DS114969
To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    see you there!
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I'm going threw my PJ stuff and will donate something for sure. :)
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I'm going threw my PJ stuff and will donate something for sure. :)
    Oh Thanks so much Patrick :mrgreen:
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    Count me in! :)
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    I will donate a poster or 2. I'll go through them and let you know which one
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Mindi, I have e-mailed ozarkcoolchic but so's you know I'm in with a "Cultivate the Tour" cd and a poster yet to be determined.

See ya at the pre party with 5-7 Detroit diehards!
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    I'm going to visit Stairway to Heaven, here in A2 to see if they have anything cool and PJ/Eddie related. The owner told me that Eddie shopped there once during a PJ tour some years back. I'll try to find something to donate.

Damn, I am so excited about visiting Memphis for the Eddie show! :mrgreen:
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
    :mrgreen: Everything is coming along nicely!
    I keep updating but if I am leaving anything anyone out just let me know so it/you can be added! :)
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Riverrunner (Gina) and husband (Butch) will be there.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • krymsinkrymsin Posts: 75
    mindi wrote:

Beneficiary
    TBD, but she is working on one right now

Since the show is in Memphis, how 'bout donating the proceeds to the West Memphis 3?

(And yes, i know, the WM3 aren't in Tennessee, but still ...)

Just a thought ...

See y'all in Memphis.

;)
    If you hate something,
    Don't you do it, too.
    krymsin wrote:
    mindi wrote:

Beneficiary
    TBD, but she is working on one right now

Since the show is in Memphis, how 'bout donating the proceeds to the West Memphis 3?

(And yes, i know, the WM3 aren't in Tennessee, but still ...)

Just a thought ...

See y'all in Memphis.

;)
    Well that is a thought.
    I know Melissa is working on one and I always like to do TTTS,twin to twin transfusion syndrome, when I can since one of my 3 year old twin daughters died last New Years Eve due to complications of TTTS.
    I'll keep this as an option tho, Thanks!
  • We will defintiely be there. Let me know if we can do anything to help during the fundraiser. Thanks for doing this...
  • I've found a charity for us!!! Its the "Delta Girls Rock Camp". This is their 3rd Annual camp to be held in Memphis. The camp in the previous years as been known as the "Southern Girls Rock Camp". SGRC still takes place in middle TN, but has left the Memphis Camp on their own. These young ladies have hardly any instruments. I was also told that they had NO electric guitars. So, this being; we will also be holding an instrument recycle @ the preparty. If you have anything instrument or gear wise that you would like to donate....please feel free!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I've found a charity for us!!! Its the "Delta Girls Rock Camp". This is their 3rd Annual camp to be held in Memphis. The camp in the previous years as been known as the "Southern Girls Rock Camp". SGRC still takes place in middle TN, but has left the Memphis Camp on their own. These young ladies have hardly any instruments. I was also told that they had NO electric guitars. So, this being; we will also be holding an instrument recycle @ the preparty. If you have anything instrument or gear wise that you would like to donate....please feel free!

I like it. :D
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    SGRC? What a cool thing to donate to. Great job ozarkcoolchic.

:mrgreen:
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    So, this being; we will also be holding an instrument recycle @ the preparty. If you have anything instrument or gear wise that you would like to donate....please feel free!

Excellent work!

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • SGRC="Southern Girls Rock Camp" Sorry!
  • LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    RSVP for Lov2rock please! ;):D
  • STLJOESTLJOE St. Louis, MO Posts: 132
    I will be at the fundraiser.
    Has anyone thought about creating a EV-Memphis Facebook event page? I think that would be pretty cool.
    3/14/94; 4/22/03; 7/9/03; 10/5/04; 5/17/06; 8/2/07; 8/5/07; 8/23/09; 5/4/10; 5/9/10; 5/20/10; 5/21/10; 9/3/11; 9/4/11; 9/2/12; 9/21/12; 7/19/13; 11/15/13; 11/16/13; 12/4/13; 12/6/13
    Has anyone thought about creating a EV-Memphis Facebook event page? I think that would be pretty cool.
    That sounds neat! I may try to work on it later. :D
  • STLJOESTLJOE St. Louis, MO Posts: 132
    mindi wrote:
    That sounds neat! I may try to work on it later. :D

Thanks, Mindi.
    I didn't mean to pass it off on someone else but I don't know how to start an event page.
    3/14/94; 4/22/03; 7/9/03; 10/5/04; 5/17/06; 8/2/07; 8/5/07; 8/23/09; 5/4/10; 5/9/10; 5/20/10; 5/21/10; 9/3/11; 9/4/11; 9/2/12; 9/21/12; 7/19/13; 11/15/13; 11/16/13; 12/4/13; 12/6/13
  • et21et21 Posts: 112
    I might be there.
    I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened.
  • KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    edited April 2009
    Put me down..I will try to find something to donate...

Jeremy
    Post edited by KingJeremyD on
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    I will try to show up.. Have family in Memphrica that I rarely see so it may be hard to get away.. Will tru to add to the cause.. Definitly will participate in the raffle if I show up..
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    It could happen.... :o

I'll keep you posted.
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • I created a Facebook event for the preparty. I'm pretty sure this link should work
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=7 ... 2615793175

Also, thanks to all that have promised donations!! Also, don't forget the instrument & gear recycle.
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    Bump!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I created a Facebook event for the preparty. I'm pretty sure this link should work
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=7 ... 2615793175

Also, thanks to all that have promised donations!! Also, don't forget the instrument & gear recycle.

Glad your in charge of this and it looks to be a fun party. I have some Ed stickers and a shirt or two to send you. Hope that helps out. :D
  • Thanks for everything Patrick! Tell Mic I'm hitting him up next for a donation! Too bad you guys couldn't road trip it in from Denver. You know lots of fun will be had by all. Plus, it would give you a bit more than that whirlwind 2 hr tour!
  • Bump!