Options

PJ/tool rumors

2»

Comments

• Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    joe2468 wrote:
    ....and girl on girl action........................be my guest....

Ummm... why would anybody NOT want that at a show? It'd be nice to be at a show where there were enough girls for girl on girl action. PJ shows are such sausage fest it's ridiculous.

Yeah but when a band has to use gimics like that to get people to go to the shows, it's a sorry state of affairs... I'd rather have a sausage fest and good music... but then, I am a girl :mrgreen:

I figured it was just people in the audience... does tool really hire girls to go onstage and do that? That is pretty lame...
  • Options
    I figured it was just people in the audience... does tool really hire girls to go onstage and do that? That is pretty lame...

To be fair, they didn't have them on stage when I saw them so I can't say yay or nay, I was merely speaking on a whole... but it really wouldn't surprise me with that band...

And yes, young girls in the audience, desperate for attention, do partake in it. :roll:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208

To be fair, they didn't have them on stage when I saw them so I can't say yay or nay, I was merely speaking on a whole... but it really wouldn't surprise me with that band...

And yes, young girls in the audience, desperate for attention, do partake in it. :roll:

God bless insecurity :)
  • Options

God bless insecurity :)

I guess :lol:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    hitmanhitman Posts: 469
    i am a big fan of both bands... but i don't think i'd want them on the same show bill either.... Lop would be OK, but to have them both headline a show by themselves would just not work out, for all the reasons stated above and more probably. i haven't seen Tool live, but by all accounts the "metal meathead" factor would be tough to swallow by most PJ fans... i liken it to the drunk PJ fans tht have reared their ugly heads at Vedder's solo shows... just not in the same groove to let everyone enjoy themselves.
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    BH71937 wrote:
    i am a big fan of both bands... but i don't think i'd want them on the same show bill either.... Lop would be OK, but to have them both headline a show by themselves would just not work out, for all the reasons stated above and more probably. i haven't seen Tool live, but by all accounts the "metal meathead" factor would be tough to swallow by most PJ fans... i liken it to the drunk PJ fans tht have reared their ugly heads at Vedder's solo shows... just not in the same groove to let everyone enjoy themselves.
    yea meathead factor sucks
    as a tool fan that doesnt suck (imo) the crowd is usually quite weird
    i compare it to friday night bonnaroo vs saturday night..metallica fan v pj jack johnson fan
    different worlds