Options

PJ/tool rumors

wigswigs dark side of the moon Posts: 45
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Is there any truth to the rumors I have heard about PJ touring with Tool?
~Stop light plays it's part, so I would say you have a part. What's your part? Who you are. You are who, who you are~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I hope not... I hate Tool :?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    DC118302 wrote:
    only thing close to that i've heard is maybe pj playing lollapalooza which tool is suppose to headline

fingers crossed
  • Options
    i hope so. i love tool, one of the best bands out there right now. but they are headliners so i cant see them touring with another headliner like pj.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options
    NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629

+1

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    As cool as it would be...I doubt it would ever happen.
    Pearl Jam and Tool are completley different bands with very different audiences. A co-headline tour with these 2 bands would be very weird.
  • Options
    LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    :lol:
    DC118302 wrote:
  • Options
    KalEl31KalEl31 Posts: 26
    Um... I might lose my mind if these two bands toured together. I thought the world was going to end when they released their albums on the same day in '06... but this concert would be pleasure overload.

However, someone pointed out that these two audiences are different... would be a weird clash of people.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    I like Tool, but would not like to see them together at the same show. For one, ticket prics would be crazy high!!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    3legged dog3legged dog Posts: 896
    My two favorite bands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think Lollapalooza will be the only show these two monster bands play together. How can a obvious PJ fan hate Tool??? Maynards' lyrics are just as great as eddie's, if not better and deeper. If you "get" the PJ message, you should be able to "get" Tool's message. Two undeniable bands!! 8-) :!:
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Other than a festival, I could not see them together, they are both great live, but Tool, at least on there last tour, has a pretty complex stage set up for visuals and stuff. And they are both headliners.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    My two favorite bands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think Lollapalooza will be the only show these two monster bands play together. How can a obvious PJ fan hate Tool??? Maynards' lyrics are just as great as eddie's, if not better and deeper. If you "get" the PJ message, you should be able to "get" Tool's message. Two undeniable bands!! 8-) :!:

Quite easily.

To me, Maynard's lyrics are like his videos and stage performances - pretentious and over the top.

I've seen Tool 3 times over my many years of gigging and festivals and all 3 times I was bored ridged. Never once did I even SEE the message, let alone 'get' it... and trust me, i've tried so hard to like them.

Tool bite... IMO ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    Tool's not for everyone. I saw them twice in two different cities back in 02- both setlists were exactly the same. The first show was great- then 2nd was quite boring. Plus all of the satanic crap on stage gets old
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420

Quite easily.

To me, Maynard's lyrics are like his videos and stage performances - pretentious and over the top.

I've seen Tool 3 times over my many years of gigging and festivals and all 3 times I was bored ridged. Never once did I even SEE the message, let alone 'get' it... and trust me, i've tried so hard to like them.

Tool bite... IMO ;)
    that sucks..i think they're great.
    and i hope pj starts doing stop motion music videos for the new album :lol:

i "get" it
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    LukinFan wrote:
    Tool's not for everyone. I saw them twice in two different cities back in 02- both setlists were exactly the same. The first show was great- then 2nd was quite boring. Plus all of the satanic crap on stage gets old

This is true, they may change 1 song from night to night, you only need to see them one time on a tour.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    i hope to god they dont tour together, and i have seen tool three times, once back on the undertow tour.
    i like tool but cant see them on the same bill...
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Lov2rock wrote:
    :lol:
    DC118302 wrote:

Why do you have two vids in your sig? It's really bloody annoying!

Anyway... back on topic... can't see them sharing a headline, two totally different shows/acts/crowds...
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,659
    Tool are a bunch of tools! Quit the fuckin' gimmicks already and let talent be proven in the music itself.
  • Options
    +1
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    im sorry I LOVE PEARL JAM AND LOVE TOOL..(anything Maynard)........but there is no way in hell they would have these to bands play the same stage on the same night......i have been to over 30 pearl jam shows and about 15-20 tool shows....the crowd at a tool show is OUT OF CONTROL ....MOSH PITS ...ALIEN DOLLS ..yes i said alien dolls.. .tool fans are WORSE THEN PEARL JAM FANS....you dont become a tool fan you JOIN THE CULT..and there fans DONT FUCK AROUND..kinda like a pearl jam show in 92-94 at the small clubs......X10....unless you guys wanna get your heads bashed in from the MULTIPLE mosh pits...and the 6'8" goon with a maynard tat on his back....and girl on girl action........................be my guest....

and for the record..... I WOULD TOTALY GO TO THAT CONCERT......a tool concert is totaly different from ANY CONCERT YOU WILL EVER GO TO...lets just say you can be totaly DEAF IN BOTH EARS and would walk out so amazed at what you saw for the last two+ hours......

i recommend going to a TOOL CONCERT...............
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    ramblinponyramblinpony Posts: 115

Yes, if by great you mean really strange. "Waiting like a stalking butler" very creative indeed, but who would a butler be stalking? Other stuff, like "Sh*t adds up at the bottom" is really just obvious. Poop is heavy and gravity makes it go down to the bottom. Not really necessary to sing about, unless you are in physics class. Not very deep in my opinion, just really, really, strange.
  • Options
    notradebaxxnotradebaxx Posts: 198
    Hmmmmm, Eddie loves wine and Maynard makes it...... maybe :D
    by nine he had deciphered the illusion, trading magic for a fact...

32 shows since 2001 and counting ..
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    Hmmmmm, Eddie loves wine and Maynard makes it...... maybe :D

Great wine i may add........
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    allmyrivalsallmyrivals Posts: 228
    mvw wrote:
    Tool are a bunch of tools! Quit the fuckin' gimmicks already and let talent be proven in the music itself.
    I'm confused here.....are you saying that TOOL has no talent?

And the show with both bands would never happen. Worlds apart.

allmyrivals
    EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0031
    WHAAHYEAH!!
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Where exactly did you hear this rumor?
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Thats like apples and oranges. I don't see it.
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    LukinFan wrote:

This is true, they may change 1 song from night to night, you only need to see them one time on a tour.

I've seen Tool once live and the only reason why we didn't go to another show was this very reason. A friend of ours told us (me and the hubby) that they never change the setlist, if slightly. So even though I like their albums, as far as live performances go, once was enough for us. You know, I hate it when bands do that. We are quite the spoiled crowd you know, us Pearl Jam fans :)
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    I just have to chime in here....this is the first I've heard of this rumor and it's FUCKING RIDICULOUS!!! Why anyone would ever think that this might happen is obviously not a fan of either music, because if you were, you would know that this just would not work. I love both bands but can clearly see the major differences not only in their music but with the majority of the people that would go see them.

Maybe at a festival, but that's as far as this match would go. Lame to even start this thread.
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    wigswigs dark side of the moon Posts: 45
    PJRock75 wrote:
    I just have to chime in here....this is the first I've heard of this rumor and it's FUCKING RIDICULOUS!!! Why anyone would ever think that this might happen is obviously not a fan of either music, because if you were, you would know that this just would not work. I love both bands but can clearly see the major differences not only in their music but with the majority of the people that would go see them.

Maybe at a festival, but that's as far as this match would go. Lame to even start this thread.

I see, so lame you had to reply...
    if you don't like it don't respond. If you're waste your time do it touching yourself, at least you'll make someone happy...
    ~Stop light plays it's part, so I would say you have a part. What's your part? Who you are. You are who, who you are~
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    joe2468 wrote:
    ....and girl on girl action........................be my guest....

Ummm... why would anybody NOT want that at a show? It'd be nice to be at a show where there were enough girls for girl on girl action. PJ shows are such sausage fest it's ridiculous.
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    ....and girl on girl action........................be my guest....

Ummm... why would anybody NOT want that at a show? It'd be nice to be at a show where there were enough girls for girl on girl action. PJ shows are such sausage fest it's ridiculous.

Yeah but when a band has to use gimics like that to get people to go to the shows, it's a sorry state of affairs... I'd rather have a sausage fest and good music... but then, I am a girl :mrgreen: