Options

I have to say that Im dissapointed......

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,322
    DB206465 wrote:
    Like I said , I live 30 minutes from 4 shows and I couldn't land a pair of tix . I think thats a little crazy

A lot of people live near the Philly shows, which will only hold 5,000 people. Of that, 10-C probably has 500 seats. So, 250 pairs.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    zappa99 wrote:
    I would have to agree with you, I live in michigan and in the last year I have seen PJ in WPB, EV in Chicago, and will be going to Philly to see him again. If pearl jam plays in Michigan this fall and I didn't get 10c tickets, after all the money I have spent to follow them around I would be pissed.

:roll: Wait a minute. Are you implying that just because you have a tree growing in your backyard which allows you to drop money every single time you want to on a PJ show, that somehow, when they come to Michigan (where I live too), based on the money you spend on this band that you will be PISSED if you don't get 10C tickets?

That is irrational and retarded entitled thinking. You need a new hobby.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    DB206465 wrote:
    Like I said , I live 30 minutes from 4 shows and I couldn't land a pair of tix . I think thats a little crazy
    Again I ask you, where do you live that you have 4 shows within 30 minutes? Logistically, I don't see that being possible.
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    A lot of people live near the Philly shows, which will only hold 5,000 people. Of that, 10-C probably has 500 seats. So, 250 pairs.
    Not even. Capacity is 3100 (give or take). That's 310 tix, or 155 pair. 155. Out of how many thousands who tried?
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    et21et21 Posts: 112
    People have spares. Or you can go to the venue the day of the show and I've heard of people getting tickets at the box office or from people dumping tickets. Read this thread : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=96297
    I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,351
    nope i'm totally done with it if i don't get them thru 10C i'm not attending at all that's just how i feel ....i used to feel the way most fans do as long as your in the building ok but not anymore i just don't and i'm ok with that .

This sounds like a case of... "BOO HOO I'm not going to a show unless I'm in the first 5 rows!!!" I mean seriously, whats wrong with further back? Do you think the 10c owes you something or something? What wrong with getting your tickets through TM? Oh, right, you don't want to. Well, more tix for the rest of us ;)

wtf i just stated that i'm not that into the whole " I have to get tickets to see PJ or i will die thinking " i've seen them probably 35times and now i've lost a bit of the desire to see them at any cost if i can score tickets thru 10c great if not i'm not dishing out hundreds of $$$$$$$$$$$$ to see them is that ok with you guys here ....you guys are truly mental ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    all folks just need to realize that PJ and EV have become a LOT more popular since 2003.
    Its no longer our secret

and I kind of agree with Jose-I wont stop going, but maybe only one or two shows if I cant get 10C tix

and if they do away with seniority :evil: :evil: :evil: this tour, then I may even pass on 10C tix

yes- after so many shows I can choose to be selective-call it what ever you want
  • Options
    idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 367
    The Champ wrote:
    Let's go Mets!

LOL... The Champ in true form.

Now as to the subject at hand...
    "just the fact that there are 4 EV shows within 30 minutes of my house"...

Sorry about your luck. I'm in Seattle and I'm likely 30 minutes from Ed's HOUSE and there's not an Ed show within, oh, 2400 miles. :?

I'm happy for the people who won the lottery, sad for those who didn't, but at least there are shows close to you... and you'll probably be able to find a ticket without paying a ridiculous price if you persist. Good luck to you!

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    all folks just need to realize that PJ and EV have become a LOT more popular since 2003.
    Its no longer our secret

and I kind of agree with Jose-I wont stop going, but maybe only one or two shows if I cant get 10C tix

and if they do away with seniority :evil: :evil: :evil: this tour, then I may even pass on 10C tix

yes- after so many shows I can choose to be selective-call it what ever you want

It's amazing how some people read into things you got the meaning of what i meant, but others holy damm booo hooing wtf it's not that hard to read what i meant ..
    I WON'T BE DISHING OUT HUNDREDS OF $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ TO SEE PJ ANYMORE very simple no ...
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,220
    i've lost a bit of the desire to see them at any cost if i can score tickets thru 10c great if not i'm not dishing out hundreds of $$$$$$$$$$$$ to see them is that ok with you guys here ....you guys are truly mental ..

Last I checked, TM prices are practically the same as 10c prices... give or take $20.... who spends "hundreds of $$$$$$$" to see them? Those are the prices of the close tickets on ebay. The same ones you want from the 10c. Yeah...
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    i've lost a bit of the desire to see them at any cost if i can score tickets thru 10c great if not i'm not dishing out hundreds of $$$$$$$$$$$$ to see them is that ok with you guys here ....you guys are truly mental ..

Last I checked, TM prices are practically the same as 10c prices... give or take $20.... who spends "hundreds of $$$$$$$" to see them? Those are the prices of the close tickets on ebay. The same ones you want from the 10c. Yeah...

what don't you get about what i stated if i don't score tickets thru 10C i won't try or attemp to score them at all ,no ebay no TM no LN ....and if you don't believe people spend hundreds to see this band than wait till next tour to see prices i for one won't be spending the $$$$ to see them ....
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    DB206465 wrote:
    Again I ask you, where do you live that you have 4 shows within 30 minutes? Logistically, I don't see that being possible.
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    Not even. Capacity is 3100 (give or take). That's 310 tix, or 155 pair. 155. Out of how many thousands who tried?
    I think SSB is in DC or some where very close
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    beautiful....

i'll tell you this, not for one second do i take for granted how *lucky* i am, and not just about pearl jam close to home. it's all good. everyone of us, sitting typing on computers, having these discussions about a band we love...it's ALL luxury! and i hope you enjoy each and every minute of every possible show you have as long as you are here...and hell, traveling to other states/countries for shows is a blast too! i hope to see pj in your home country one day.....it's ALL good! 8-)

and really now...good night!
    just wanted to end the day on a positive note......

Hurrah! Thanks, I am enjoying it and I will continue to do so :D I hope you get the opportunity to see PJ down under, I was guttered that I was home in '06 when they were touring and my damn flight left Sydney the day before they played... it hurt to get on that plane.

It's all a privilege and one I'm very grateful to experience :mrgreen:
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063

what don't you get about what i stated if i don't score tickets thru 10C i won't try or attemp to score them at all ,no ebay no TM no LN ....and if you don't believe people spend hundreds to see this band than wait till next tour to see prices i for one won't be spending the $$$$ to see them ....

Like Jenny, I have a disconnect in understanding your argument/reasoning. So if you want to attend a particular show, but don't obtain tickets via 10 club, you won't attempt another avenue due to high prices? Ticketmaster prices are virtually identical, you wouldn't have to 'dish out hundreds of $$$$$.' So what's really the issue here? You've been spoiled with front row seats for far too long and feel you deserve nothing less ;) ?
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,220
    The day will probably come when it really won't matter if you are in the Fan Club or not. TicketMonster is more than likely to see the value of the tickets and profit from them. They will have the promoters, the venues and the tictket distribution. Pearl Jam will no longer have the leverage from a Sony corporation... who may be able to negotiate by threatening with the other artists in their corral. Why SHOULD TicketMonster give the Fan Club the tickets? The Ten/VHC seats will pull in top dollar... probably, and quite ironically, from Pearl Jam Fans... as they route those tickets to a re-named TicketsNow or StubHub (which they will probably consume in the near future) to give the appearance that they ar not scalping their own tickets.
    There are very few of us here that wouldn't do the same thing... get the most money for something we possess that a great number of people are demanding. I know... I know... some of you have personal anticdotal evidence where you gave or recieved something like a poster or an album for face value or less. But, how would you feel if there were 126 people that wanted that poster and you sold it to one of them for face value of 35 bucks... and they turned around and sold it for $460.00? And what about your personal income? You are not willing to revert to minimum wage for your skills and services, right? Why should you? It's business, right?
    My point? Enjoy it while it's here... be thankful for the opportunity to even get tickets because there will be a day when none of this will matter because there won't be an issue anymore. We won't even get the opportunity.
    Seize the moment and enjoy it... tomorrow never guarantees a thing.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    SS2972SS2972 Posts: 49
    i agreee i dont like the lottery either! go back to the regular way any amount of shows an1 as much as they want but do one row a lottery but only 3 or 4 th row.
  • Options
    SS2972 wrote:
    i agreee i dont like the lottery either! go back to the regular way any amount of shows an1 as much as they want but do one row a lottery but only 3 or 4 th row.
    I think the lottery is the fairest way to go. That way, everyone gets a shot. And like in most lotteries... the loser outnumber the winners by a large margin.
    The only thing I'd wish for... that the people that actually LIVE closest to the venue get the first shots.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Cosmo wrote:
    SS2972 wrote:
    I think the lottery is the fairest way to go. That way, everyone gets a shot. And like in most lotteries... the loser outnumber the winners by a large margin.
    The only thing I'd wish for... that the people that actually LIVE closest to the venue get the first shots.

why?
    how would that be more fair?
    most especially for people who rarely, if ever, get shows close to home? that seems to 'reward' people simply for living in particular geographic area, and aren't they already 'rewarded' by the fact that pj is playing a show close to them, 10c tix or not? and i say this as someone who lives in NYC vicinity, so i would actually benefit from the system you 'wish' for...and i still think it would not be fair for others. that fan who lives in oklahoma...or idaho......or japan....turkey....israel...wherever....they deserve the same shot at 10c tix for pj as i do, living closer to a show.

i agree with you on the lottery tho, just no hometown advantage.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    SS2972 wrote:

why?
    most especially for people who rarely, if ever, get shows close to home? that seems to 'reward' people simply for living in particular geographic area, and aren't they already 'rewarded' by the fact that pj is playing a show close to them, 10c tix or not? and i say this as someone who lives in NYC vicinity, so i would actually benefit from the system you 'wish' for...and i still think it would not be fair for others. that fan who lives in oklahoma...or idaho......or japan....turkey....israel...wherever....they deserve the same shot at 10c tix for pj as i do, living closer to a show.

My reasoning is simple... I think that if the band (or Eddie) is playing in your hometown, it would be nice to have hometown people in the audience, rather than people who can afford to fly in from the other side of the country, that's all. I mean, I can afford the travel... but, it would just seem better... in my opinion... to have the person who can't afford to fly to my part of the country sitting in those seats.
    As for those people in Oklahoma or Turkey... I guess that's why God invented Europe and festival seating.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    moses-imoses-i Posts: 138
    I've been reading these types of threads for sometime now, and I really wanted to jump in but decided to hold my tongue. I just can't hold back.

Here's my take on the fan club and how its changed. I disagreed with the decision to no longer honour seniority and I certainly disagree with this new lottery system. More importantly I disagree with people saying "you're lucky you can get tix...blah blah". I'm sorry but we're not "lucky", we pay for a SERVICE, Ten Club is a service. We've seen the cost of membership increase, yet has there been a marked improvement in service, I wouldn't say so. I'm not saying that they do a bad job but let's not make it seem like we are members of some special community of the chosen few.

Now let me explain why I disagree with the change in the policy regarding seniority. People have been paying into this service for as long as this "club" has been in existence and as such are "loyal customers". Personally, I think that the money and the loyalty these people have offered over the years gives them the right to get better seats. And I'm saying this as someone who has never come CLOSE to front row seats, eventhough I have been listening to Pearl Jam religiously pretty much since their beginnings ( I just didn't join the Ten Club service until a few years back). And don't get me wrong; I don't think that seniority=bigger fan. There are "big fans" who are new and old but really its all subject; how do we begin to define "fanhood"? I'd say if it really matters to you, you'll get the tickets mo matter what the cost, even if it's a pain in the ass on the computer or you'll pay a ton of money on ebay or from some lowly scalper.

I do however applaud the Ten Club for their decision to limit the number of shows you can go to during the tour. I've always thought this was one of the most logical moves. This makes perfect sense to me. But randomly picking people so they can have tickets or even great seats even though everyone is paying into the same service seems unfair to me. If you start making policies like this, you might as well waive the fees.

Basically my issue is this, we pay an annual fee for joining the club albeit a small sum but really aside from a 7 inch single, a mailout and the "opportunity" to get good seats, what do we get? Do we get a discount on any merchandise? No not really, in fact for the most part we end up paying more for merchandise than if we purchased them from a retailer. I agree that as the demand increases, the logistics of the ticketing issues become more complicated and I do applaud the Ten Club for listening to people's feedback.

At the end of the day, there will always be someone who is unhappy but let's just stop talking about "luck" here. We're lucky that most of us don't live in abject poverty not that we can see Pearl Jam.
    if jah is the ship, we smile at the storm.
  • Options
    i think we're lucky for BOTH...altho of course, the poverty thing is bigger. ;)
    seriously....get the points, but yes...we don't all see things the same. i have no issue with seniority, at all...never did. it already existed when i first joined, 2002, and i was a-ok with it. lots has changed since then, and i personally think for the betterment of the ENTIRE fanbase, overall....and i personally think that's how it should be. whether an old fan or a new fan, being in 10c to me the reward is simply the opportunity to try for tix before the general public. and yes...seniority did exist and still does...but anyone who joined before the 2000 tour, there was NO seniority, no promise of ANYthing beyond the opportunity for tix......so really, even someone who joined from day one, still has been rewarded for their loyalty, and still will be. hell, the first couple years went from i believe no membership fee, to $5 and then $10....so say from 92 until 2000...how much did they pay in? at MOST, $80, probably even less. while i appreciate the loyalty factor, i also don't think that $80 buys 'entitlement'....and that to me is what a strict, seniority based system is. i 100% accept it, but i am absolutely thrilled they added the random 4 rows for all last tour, occasionally mix it up with GA and/or random seating in general...it doesn't have to be all or nothing. just my 2 cents.

the lottery for actually buying tickets neither rewards nor disrespects seniority, b/c seniority NEVER had anything to do with actually BUYING tix. even when seating was strictly by seniority, ACCESS to purchase tickets was still pure luck of the draw for ANY fanclub #. there are ticket limits, and 10c does the best they can to reward ALL fanclub members. i think it's cool . whatever system they utilize, all cool with me. i am in it for the ACCESS before the general public, better seats, overall, no matter your #.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    pearljam7pearljam7 Posts: 447
    I think your responding to early to your ticket mishaps, Last time eddie played 30 minutes from my house at the united palace, i didn't have tickets until the day of the show, but i still went. So i went on ticketmaster and scored an orchestra row A, and then snuck down to an empty seat the front row.My buddy got one out front for less than face. If you want to get in, you will. People are getting too overwhelmed with the idea of not getting a ticket right away.
    5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08
  • Options
    pearljam7 wrote:
    I think your responding to early to your ticket mishaps, Last time eddie played 30 minutes from my house at the united palace, i didn't have tickets until the day of the show, but i still went. So i went on ticketmaster and scored an orchestra row A, and then snuck down to an empty seat the front row.My buddy got one out front for less than face. If you want to get in, you will. People are getting too overwhelmed with the idea of not getting a ticket right away.

hahaha.
    seriously.
    i got shut out of the NYC EV gig 10c tix too and i live 45 minutes from there! however, i did score someone else's 10c spare. that said, our seats still sucked, so you did WAY better for yourself! :P however, i WAS THERE...and i LOVED every minute of it, shit seat or not! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    Get_Right wrote:
    Its no longer our secret

Personally, I'd disagree with this.

In 2003 both Camden (Philly) shows sold out the weekend they went on sale. In 2000 they sold out the day they went on sale. In 2006, Camden 1 sold out, Camden 2 didn't. In 2008, neither Camden show was sold out.

Not really an important point in the thread, but I've been drinking tonight and felt like posting. ;)
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:

why?

My reasoning is simple... I think that if the band (or Eddie) is playing in your hometown, it would be nice to have hometown people in the audience, rather than people who can afford to fly in from the other side of the country, that's all. I mean, I can afford the travel... but, it would just seem better... in my opinion... to have the person who can't afford to fly to my part of the country sitting in those seats.
    As for those people in Oklahoma or Turkey... I guess that's why God invented Europe and festival seating.

do you truly believe that even with the current system, that at any given show the majority in the audience are NOT from the area? seriously? i truly don't think many people, if at all, outside of 10c members actually travel around for pearl jam shows. so then, if 10c only gets 10% of tickets, that still leaves 90% of the audience - and probably more b/c let's face it, lots of 10c members DO go to shows close to home with 10c tix - as 'honetown people.'

i just cannot see the 'double-whammy' for people who rarely get shows close to home AND then don't have the same access to 10c tix, simply b/c they live in an area pj doesn't tour. we're talking 10c members here, a big 'benefit' of 10c IS access to tix, and now this is suggesting cutting that access considerably for some, and increasing it considerably for others. i do not see any *fairness* in that, at all.

also, i personally think having people from all over - such as many of the MSG shows or the euro shows - actually ADDS a lot to the show, for the audience, and for the band. MSG is my 'hometown' show.....i LOVED the fact that people from all over the world came to my city, for our shows...even if they pushed me a lot further back with my 10c seats. :P same thing in europe...it was AWESOME to share shows with people from all over. as far as 'affording'...some people save, and save and save.....travel on the cheap, sleep on sofas, in hostels, whatever....just for the opportunity to see pearl jam since they can't at home.....and/or simply for the experience of it. i just think a hometown advantage is too much of a DISadvantage for far too many 10clubbers who have just as much a right to have first shot at tix as the fan lucky enough to live in the zip code of a place pearl jam frequents. otherwise, what's the point of someone in israel, or oklahoma, being a 10c member at all? for the deep magazine and the holiday single? let's face it....98% or us, or more ;), do it mostly for the chance at access for tix.

so yea.....i disagree. :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    youre in the pearl jam fanclub no? or is it the eddie vedder fanclub now? :geek:

sorry you missed the lottery... id be equally upset... but youre not due anything in terms of the fanclub IMO... eddie doesnt have to be doing another solo leg at all (in fact id prefer if he didnt simply because theres nothing near me and i want them to get to work on pearl jam shit ASAP)

and 10C seats dont get any priority at these shows so you could get better seats off TM anyway... granted theyll cost more

atleast they limited it to one show for the entire leg this time... i like to see them help out the guys that can only afford to get to one show per tour (like myself) ... plus these venues are just SO small

if they try this shit with the upcoming PJ tour then youll have a point and ill be up in arms with ya :mrgreen:

HOPE YOU FIND A WAY TO GET TO A SHOW!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    what it boils down to is the people who score tix will like whatever system is currently being used..and the people who didn't will bitch about it! period! i don't know how anyone thinks this new lotto bullshit is any different from the old "click quick or refresh like crazy for the next hour"..

i mean 1) you put you name in a hat and wait 4 fucking days to see if it gets picked

OR

2)you are on line at the precise time they go on sale and you click on that shit with the quickness and pray!!

how is the first more fair when it's randomly selected?? fine..if you live in a cave and still have dial-up internet you may not fair well...but i think that's just "natural selection" you Amish bastard!..at least get dsl.

But for the rest of us it's a level playing field..with instant gratification (or semi-instant if you have to refresh for an hour before you land a pair..still better than 4 fucking days!!) or instant disappointment when the tix icon disappears almost instantaneously as they go on sale..(been there too)..and i say i prefer it that way much more...

hey 10c..if it ain't broke..don't try to fix it!!! when you staggered the sales to avoid a crash last time Ed/PJ toured..shit worked lovely! why fuck with it?
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,532
    moses-i wrote:
    I've been reading these types of threads for sometime now, and I really wanted to jump in but decided to hold my tongue. I just can't hold back.

Here's my take on the fan club and how its changed. I disagreed with the decision to no longer honour seniority and I certainly disagree with this new lottery system. More importantly I disagree with people saying "you're lucky you can get tix...blah blah". I'm sorry but we're not "lucky", we pay for a SERVICE, Ten Club is a service. We've seen the cost of membership increase, yet has there been a marked improvement in service, I wouldn't say so. I'm not saying that they do a bad job but let's not make it seem like we are members of some special community of the chosen few.

Now let me explain why I disagree with the change in the policy regarding seniority. People have been paying into this service for as long as this "club" has been in existence and as such are "loyal customers". Personally, I think that the money and the loyalty these people have offered over the years gives them the right to get better seats. And I'm saying this as someone who has never come CLOSE to front row seats, eventhough I have been listening to Pearl Jam religiously pretty much since their beginnings ( I just didn't join the Ten Club service until a few years back). And don't get me wrong; I don't think that seniority=bigger fan. There are "big fans" who are new and old but really its all subject; how do we begin to define "fanhood"? I'd say if it really matters to you, you'll get the tickets mo matter what the cost, even if it's a pain in the ass on the computer or you'll pay a ton of money on ebay or from some lowly scalper.

I do however applaud the Ten Club for their decision to limit the number of shows you can go to during the tour. I've always thought this was one of the most logical moves. This makes perfect sense to me. But randomly picking people so they can have tickets or even great seats even though everyone is paying into the same service seems unfair to me. If you start making policies like this, you might as well waive the fees.

Basically my issue is this, we pay an annual fee for joining the club albeit a small sum but really aside from a 7 inch single, a mailout and the "opportunity" to get good seats, what do we get? Do we get a discount on any merchandise? No not really, in fact for the most part we end up paying more for merchandise than if we purchased them from a retailer. I agree that as the demand increases, the logistics of the ticketing issues become more complicated and I do applaud the Ten Club for listening to people's feedback.

At the end of the day, there will always be someone who is unhappy but let's just stop talking about "luck" here. We're lucky that most of us don't live in abject poverty not that we can see Pearl Jam.

THIS IS JUST FOR THE ED SHOWS, BECAUSE EACH VENUE IS TINY AND ONLY HOLD ROUND 5,000 PEOPLE.

There is no LOTTERY For PEARL JAM Tours.

WHY CAN PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THIS?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    also, i personally think having people from all over - such as many of the MSG shows or the euro shows - actually ADDS a lot to the show, for the audience, and for the band. MSG is my 'hometown' show.....i LOVED the fact that people from all over the world came to my city, for our shows...even if they pushed me a lot further back with my 10c seats. :P same thing in europe...it was AWESOME to share shows with people from all over. as far as 'affording'...some people save, and save and save.....travel on the cheap, sleep on sofas, in hostels, whatever....just for the opportunity to see pearl jam since they can't at home.....and/or simply for the experience of it. i just think a hometown advantage is too much of a DISadvantage for far too many 10clubbers who have just as much a right to have first shot at tix as the fan lucky enough to live in the zip code of a place pearl jam frequents. otherwise, what's the point of someone in israel, or oklahoma, being a 10c member at all? for the deep magazine and the holiday single? let's face it....98% or us, or more ;), do it mostly for the chance at access for tix.

so yea.....i disagree. :mrgreen:

100% agree. At MSG last year, I was surrounded by people who had flown in from Italy, Scotland and Wales. My friend had flown down from Canada to join me. I thought that was fantastic. So great to see everyone come together for the love of PJ :)
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Solat13 wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    Its no longer our secret

Personally, I'd disagree with this.

In 2003 both Camden (Philly) shows sold out the weekend they went on sale. In 2000 they sold out the day they went on sale. In 2006, Camden 1 sold out, Camden 2 didn't. In 2008, neither Camden show was sold out.

Not really an important point in the thread, but I've been drinking tonight and felt like posting. ;)

I am only talking 10c seats
    In 2003 it was much easier to get 10C seats than in 2006 or 2008, and well camden is a hole and the police are dicks so Im not surprised ;)