Options

I have to say that Im dissapointed......

DB206465DB206465 Posts: 53
edited April 2009 in The Porch
with the new lottery system for EV tickets.. I have been a loyal 10 clubber now for about 10 years , and every year I have been able to purchase tickets through the fanclub for at least 1 or 2 shows. Its not the fact that I got snubbed in the lottery so much , just the fact that there are 4 EV shows within 30 minutes of my house ,and I cant even get a pair of tickets for 1 show...Thats insane . I like the way they are mixing it up differently , but cmon if you snub me out of 1 show, at least give me the opportunity to buy another city.. Now im going to have to pay over 150 bucks to sit in the balcony at the tower theater, and thats for 1 ticket. Does anyone else agree. I know of a few people that are flying out to philly from chicago and further , but I live in the area and I cant go ? Whats the point of being in the fanclub if I cant get tickets? Just had to get that off my chest.

SBB
- Given to fly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    Firstly, where are you planning to buy your $150 balcony seat ticket? And why are you willing to pay that much?

Secondly, when it comes to a lottery, no one is guaranteed anything, regardless of your seniority. It's unfortunate you did not win, but all these angry gripes are unfair and coming from spoiled 10C members who didn't get their way, this one time.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    I felt the same way at first, but now after not getting picked for the lottery, I'm pretty much over the whole tour. It's cool though- this gives me a chance to save up some money for the fall tour (fingers crossed) and to do some setlist hear :mrgreen:

Maybe I'll use the ticket money for Memphis and go ahead and buy the Super Deluxe TEN box set
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    whitepants wrote:
    Firstly, where are you planning to buy your $150 balcony seat ticket? And why are you willing to pay that much?

Secondly, when it comes to a lottery, no one is guaranteed anything, regardless of your seniority. It's unfortunate you did not win, but all these angry gripes are unfair and coming from spoiled 10C members who didn't get their way, this one time.

If I get snubbed again thru live nation , im going to have to go the ebay / stub hub route .... I may just drive up to the show with a sign, my screenname , and some cash... and Its not about being spoiled , just trying to be fair for all of us who love to go to these shows
    - Given to fly
  • Options
    Running In The DarkRunning In The Dark Denver Posts: 674
    I'm sorry you got shut out and do feel your pain but let's remember that 10C members are given the best seats in the house for PEARL JAM shows. This is not a Pearl Jam show. I don't think this is a sign of things to come. The way I see it it this is just a little perk of being a 10C member. Just my .02.
    107 Shows and counting
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    DB206465 wrote:
    whitepants wrote:

If I get snubbed again thru live nation , im going to have to go the ebay / stub hub route .... I may just drive up to the show with a sign, my screenname , and some cash... and Its not about being spoiled , just trying to be fair for all of us who love to go to these shows

See! that's just it. You don't HAVE to do this! Where is this 'have to' thing written? What Pearl Jam fan manual bylaw says you HAVE to go to ebay or stub hub?

This is ridiculous!
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    DB206465 wrote:
    with the new lottery system for EV tickets.. I have been a loyal 10 clubber now for about 10 years , and every year I have been able to purchase tickets through the fanclub for at least 1 or 2 shows. Its not the fact that I got snubbed in the lottery so much , just the fact that there are 4 EV shows within 30 minutes of my house ,and I cant even get a pair of tickets for 1 show...Thats insane . I like the way they are mixing it up differently , but cmon if you snub me out of 1 show, at least give me the opportunity to buy another city.. Now im going to have to pay over 150 bucks to sit in the balcony at the tower theater, and thats for 1 ticket. Does anyone else agree. I know of a few people that are flying out to philly from chicago and further , but I live in the area and I cant go ? Whats the point of being in the fanclub if I cant get tickets? Just had to get that off my chest.

SBB

christ....seriously?
    i got shut out of the EV solo shows in NYC last year. shut out of 10c for both, shut out of TM for both. NYC is my hometown show....hell, i am typing this very message as i sit at my cube overlooking the chrysler building. was i bummed? sure. but then i went and scoured the board, found someone with a spare, and bought theirs. i heard of 10c members scoring 2nd row center, etc......we were waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy in the back. was i bummed? maybe a wee bit....but i was psyched i saw the show. i did win the lottery this time round....and i am traveling down to baltimore to see the show. i have traveled to 7 different states and 6 different countries...all see pj. people travel from all over the world to catch pj at my hometown shows, all the time......many of em with far better #s....thus pushing my seats further back. do i care? no. you give a little, you take a little.....it all evens out in the end imo. you get what you give overall in this life. and maybe it isn't true....but that's the philosophy i follow. i also try and put things in perspective....keeps me a bit better balanced and happy.

bottomline...you are in 10c for the OPPORTUNITY for tickets. it's basic supply and demand. these are SMALL venues.....HIGH demand.....this is the system 10c tried this time around. as far as being a 'lottery'......even if it WASN'T a true lottery, it is pure luck to a degree scoring with a regular sale. difference is, some people have advantages there....faster computers/connections, different 'tricks' etc.......so in actuality, this lottery system was the MOST fair way of giving EVERYone who tried an EQUAL chance of scoring a ticket......which is not the case with a regular sale.

that said.....let me state the obvious:
    ED SOLO IS NOT LIVE PEARL JAM. 10C DOES NOT OWE US ANY TIX FOR LIVE ED, PERIOD. THIS OPPORTUNITY WAS A PURE GIFT.

and i feel for your disappointment. good luck scoring someone's spare or TM tix......all hope is not lost!
    sorry for the caps...but cmon.........:P
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,322
    DB206465 wrote:
    and Its not about being spoiled , just trying to be fair for all of us who love to go to these shows

Demand exceeds supply.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    DB206465 wrote:
    and Its not about being spoiled , just trying to be fair for all of us who love to go to these shows

Demand exceeds supply.

and honestly....how much more *fair* can you get than the system utilized? i can see not liking it.....bit it IS fair, very fair......probably more fair than a lot of different ways tickets have been done in the past. just sayin'.

tho i do totally sympathize/empathize with the disappointment, i just don't agree with the misdirected resentment about it.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,351
    I have to say that i'm passed this whole process , if i don't score tickets thru 10c for the next PJ shows that happen then so be it i'm not going to go thru TM/LIVENATION ,SCALPERS i just won't attend them simple ........
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    DB206465 wrote:
    just the fact that there are 4 EV shows within 30 minutes of my house ,and I cant even get a pair of tickets for 1 show.
    Where do you live for this to be possible? Because last I checked, it's not. And, if it is somehow the case, or even half true, what's to stop you from going to the venue to grab some extras? Because with the exception of LA last year, that was possible at every other Ed solo show.

that said.....let me state the obvious:
    ED SOLO IS NOT LIVE PEARL JAM. 10C DOES NOT OWE US ANY TIX FOR LIVE ED, PERIOD.
    This needs to be stickied, or something. I can't get over how many people have failed to acknowledge this simple fact.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    I have to say that i'm passed this whole process , if i don't score tickets thru 10c for the next PJ shows that happen then so be it i'm not going to go thru TM/LIVENATION ,SCALPERS i just won't attend them simple ........

are you serious jose?
    if you can't score 10c tix to see live pj, you'd pass up on the show entirely b/c of it? you'd rather not see them live at all than get say TM tix? that surprises me. i mean, i understand we all far prefer 10c tix...but man.....i just want to SEE pearl jam LIVE.....so if/when i miss out on my own 10c tix...i beg for others spares....or you bet....try to get tix thru TM, someway, somehow...it's all about seeing them live....not just about where i am located. to each his/her own though.....
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Let's go Mets!
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    DB206465 wrote:

SBB

i feel you dog!i feel you!..fuck the lotto!, fuck! fuck! the lot-to!! :evil: :evil:
  • Options

are you serious jose?
    if you can't score 10c tix to see live pj, you'd pass up on the show entirely b/c of it? you'd rather not see them live at all than get say TM tix? that surprises me. i mean, i understand we all far prefer 10c tix...but man.....i just want to SEE pearl jam LIVE.....so if/when i miss out on my own 10c tix...i beg for others spares....or you bet....try to get tix thru TM, someway, somehow...it's all about seeing them live....not just about where i am located. to each his/her own though.....

I'm with you on this..don't care how as long as my ass is in the building.....though Jose's club number just about guarantees first few rows ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,944
    The Champ wrote:
    Let's go Mets!
    FUCK PHILLY
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    The Champ wrote:

are you serious jose?

I'm with you on this..don't care how as long as my ass is in the building.....though Jose's club number just about guarantees first few rows ;) ..

that's kinda my point tho.......if it gets to the point that one doesn't want to, or cannot 'enjoy' a pearl jam show unless they are within the first few rows.....i'm sorry, personally, i think there's something wrong about that. and yes, my 10c # is not good...but it ain't bad....and i've attended almost about a third of my shows GA, and thus been front row each time then.....but none the less.....i'd rather BE there, just about ANYwhere.......and EXPERIENCE pearl jam LIVE....than not go simply b/c i don't have a 10c ticket.

(btw - no dig at jose - just my personal perspective)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    that's kinda my point tho.......if it gets to the point that one doesn't want to, or cannot 'enjoy' a pearl jam show unless they are within the first few rows.....i'm sorry, personally, i think there's something wrong about that. and yes, my 10c # is not good...but it ain't bad....and i've attended almost about a third of my shows GA, and thus been front row each time then.....but none the less.....i'd rather BE there, just about ANYwhere.......and EXPERIENCE pearl jam LIVE....than not go simply b/c i don't have a 10c ticket.

Oh, it's a dig at Jose, don't try to sugar coat now ;) ..Anyway, I agree..the closest I've been to the stage was 9th row last year when I won the lottery at MSG 1..actually had a better time/experience the following night via my usual side wing seats..you never know with these things..maybe Jose has grown a bit spoiled ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:

Oh, it's a dig at Jose, don't try to sugar coat now ;) ..Anyway, I agree..the closest I've been to the stage was 9th row last year when I won the lottery at MSG 1..actually had a better time/experience the following night via my usual side wing seats..you never know with these things..maybe Jose has grown a bit spoiled ;) ..

:evil: :mrgreen: :twisted:

being up front can be a real BLAST!.....but so can be being far away too! it's all about YOU! sure, i have some great stories/memories from up front....but i also have great memories from other seats as well. the experience is about you and the music, at least to me. anyhoo.....i just was surprised is all. i personally would NEVEr forgo live pearl jam simply b/c i didn't score 10c tix. i LOVE pj live faaaaarrrrrr too much to piss away the opportunity to see them! if i have the time and the $$$ and am fortunate enough to have a show close to home, or even far away that i can go.....you BET......i'm THERE! seriously......sooooo many great memories.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,351
    nope i'm totally done with it if i don't get them thru 10C i'm not attending at all that's just how i feel ....i used to feel the way most fans do as long as your in the building ok but not anymore i just don't and i'm ok with that .....i keep on renewing my membership just so maybe i can attend the very last show this band performs and that my friends is not so far off if you think about it ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    zappa99zappa99 Posts: 285
    I would have to agree with you, I live in michigan and in the last year I have seen PJ in WPB, EV in Chicago, and will be going to Philly to see him again. If pearl jam plays in Michigan this fall and I didn't get 10c tickets, after all the money I have spent to follow them around I would be pissed.
  • Options
    nope i'm totally done with it if i don't get them thru 10C i'm not attending at all that's just how i feel ....i used to feel the way most fans do as long as your in the building ok but not anymore i just don't and i'm ok with that .....i keep on renewing my membership just so maybe i can attend the very last show this band performs and that my friends is not so far off if you think about it ....

hey, absolutely your choice, of course...but in my mind...that is just soooo saaaaaddddd....for you. it seems you've lost a bit of the love for live pearl jam, simply for the love of live pearl jam....and that indeed is a sad thing at heart imo. but hey, whatever makes you happy. me, live pj, period...is something that makes me enourmously happy. i am glad that happiness doesn't have additonal conditions attached to it for me. happy, happy! :)

there are bands out there that i won't spend a beyond a certain price to see, or won't accept certain seats...not *worth it*....but pearl jam?! ALWAYS worth it! 8-) differing perspectives for suuuuuuurrrrrreeeeeeee.........

zappa99 wrote:
    I would have to agree with you, I live in michigan and in the last year I have seen PJ in WPB, EV in Chicago, and will be going to Philly to see him again. If pearl jam plays in Michigan this fall and I didn't get 10c tickets, after all the money I have spent to follow them around I would be pissed.

i will never understand this rationale...and this coming from someone who has spent a small fortune traveling around to see them all over the world. the only *expectation* i have is for pearl jam to blow me away musically. 10c tix are all bonus...and i certainly would not be 'pissed'...but i also don't have the same level of expectation and entitlement i guess. not saying one is better or worse, good or bad....just different. guess i am just easy.....;) haha.

anyhoo...i say enjoy all the shows you can, when you can...we only get one go-round and tomorrow is guarantted to no one!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,858
    wanna know how i feel????(i bet you dont give a rats ass) but im gonna tell you anyway....hehehe

its not a matter of whether i get tickets thru the 10club anymore.....

because im pretty fucking sure im not going to go thru the 10club anymore....like 80% sure....

ill just go to 1 or 2 festival shows(if possible)....and that way i dont have to give a flying fuck about the 10club seats.......

and its not a lottery thing...or a seniority thing.....or a ticketmaster thing.....

getting the precious 10club seats just isnt that fucking important to me....................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    as craazy breed said - somewhere - here today....really, it's about the MUSIC, man. :ugeek: isn't it? :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    being up front can be a real BLAST!.....but so can be being far away too! it's all about YOU! sure, i have some great stories/memories from up front....but i also have great memories from other seats as well. the experience is about you and the music, at least to me. anyhoo.....i just was surprised is all. i personally would NEVEr forgo live pearl jam simply b/c i didn't score 10c tix. i LOVE pj live faaaaarrrrrr too much to piss away the opportunity to see them! if i have the time and the $$$ and am fortunate enough to have a show close to home, or even far away that i can go.....you BET......i'm THERE! seriously......sooooo many great memories.

This whole "opportunity to score 10c seats" is a relatively new concept to me. Until 5 years ago, I lived in Australia... I never really bothered joining 10c because PJ toured every 5 years and when I did sign up, the Christmas single never made it plus I never had trouble scoring tickets when they did tour (aside from Sydney Ent Centre '95, but that's a different story). I always managed to get floor or decent seats. Trying to get tix while living in Canada and now NYC came as a bit of a shock to me. I didn't manage to score 10c tix to PJ last year and I missed out with the Ticketmaster presale too but I did get MSG1 & 2 when they went on sale to the public... I was in the nosebleeds, I didn't care. I did manage to get 10c seats for Ed's NY1 show, but I missed out on Philly this time. C'est la vie.

Without directing this at anyone, I have to say that I really don't think people realise how lucky they are having the opportunity to see their favourite band pretty much on a yearly basis. I'm giddy that I've managed to see PJ 6 times in the past 5 years living over here and I will see them at Outside Lands, I can't wait. During the same period I've lived in NA, they've toured Australia once. Would I like 10c tix? Sure. Can I cope not always scoring them? Absolutely. I believe that if you really want to be there, you'll find a way to make that happen (and I don't mean through a scalper). There are so many people here who assist other members/fans with spares etc.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    Tone wrote:

This whole "opportunity to score 10c seats" is a relatively new concept to me. Until 5 years ago, I lived in Australia... I never really bothered joining 10c because PJ toured every 5 years and when I did sign up, the Christmas single never made it plus I never had trouble scoring tickets when they did tour (aside from Sydney Ent Centre '95, but that's a different story). I always managed to get floor or decent seats. Trying to get tix while living in Canada and now NYC came as a bit of a shock to me. I didn't manage to score 10c tix to PJ last year and I missed out with the Ticketmaster presale too but I did get MSG1 & 2 when they went on sale to the public... I was in the nosebleeds, I didn't care. I did manage to get 10c seats for Ed's NY1 show, but I missed out on Philly this time. C'est la vie.

Without directing this at anyone, I have to say that I really don't think people realise how lucky they are having the opportunity to see their favourite band pretty much on a yearly basis. I'm giddy that I've managed to see PJ 6 times in the past 5 years living over here and I will see them at Outside Lands, I can't wait. During the same period I've lived in NA, they've toured Australia once. Would I like 10c tix? Sure. Can I cope not always scoring them? Absolutely. I believe that if you really want to be there, you'll find a way to make that happen (and I don't mean through a scalper). There are so many people here who assist other members/fans with spares etc.

beautiful....

i'll tell you this, not for one second do i take for granted how *lucky* i am, and not just about pearl jam close to home. it's all good. everyone of us, sitting typing on computers, having these discussions about a band we love...it's ALL luxury! and i hope you enjoy each and every minute of every possible show you have as long as you are here...and hell, traveling to other states/countries for shows is a blast too! i hope to see pj in your home country one day.....it's ALL good! 8-)

and really now...good night!
    just wanted to end the day on a positive note......
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,220
    nope i'm totally done with it if i don't get them thru 10C i'm not attending at all that's just how i feel ....i used to feel the way most fans do as long as your in the building ok but not anymore i just don't and i'm ok with that .

This sounds like a case of... "BOO HOO I'm not going to a show unless I'm in the first 5 rows!!!" I mean seriously, whats wrong with further back? Do you think the 10c owes you something or something? What wrong with getting your tickets through TM? Oh, right, you don't want to. Well, more tix for the rest of us ;)
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    nope i'm totally done with it if i don't get them thru 10C i'm not attending at all that's just how i feel ....i used to feel the way most fans do as long as your in the building ok but not anymore i just don't and i'm ok with that .

This sounds like a case of... "BOO HOO I'm not going to a show unless I'm in the first 5 rows!!!" I mean seriously, whats wrong with further back? Do you think the 10c owes you something or something? What wrong with getting your tickets through TM? Oh, right, you don't want to. Well, more tix for the rest of us ;)

Maybe he likes to propagate "the Statues in the first few row" myth. :D
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    DB206465 wrote:
    I may just drive up to the show with a sign

This is what I'd do if I lived 30 mins from the show.. and I would be pretty sure I'd get into each one of the shows I was shooting for on a fan club ticket even. Having gone to both west and east coast EV shows, extra tickets before shows were not hard to come by.

Good luck and Peace!
    Just me
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Obviously everyone on this message board would prefer 10 Club seats at a show but if I am unable to get 10 club tickets then I'll go the TM route. Sometimes you do luck out through TM and land pretty good seats. I'm just happy to be at a PJ show even if my seats are not so good.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    thanks every1 for your input , but im just not a fan of the lottery ... Like I said , I live 30 minutes from 4 shows and I couldn't land a pair of tix . I think thats a little crazy, but im not pissed .. Ill just try the board , live nation and ebay.
    - Given to fly