Options

Hes not playing Seattle.

13»

Comments

• Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    bigeye21 wrote:
    True. I actually got wind that night 2 was happening but I had no idea where -- just somewhere in West Seattle. I almost got in the car to canvas West Seattle but figured that would be pointless and ridiculous. So I stayed home, drowned my sorrows, and waited for the reports from the lucky ones...

Basically we heard it was west seattle and Einat and I did a google search and KH seemed to be the only place that made sense in the area.

Oh that was lucky.
    I hope he does it again.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    I doubt there will be, but if he does do some sort of secret show it would be really great to find out about it.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    Mjswan76 wrote:
    I doubt there will be, but if he does do some sort of secret show it would be really great to find out about it.
    yah thts the problem, finding out about it.
    if anyone does PM me
    Shows:
  • Options
    LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    Mjswan76 wrote:
    Seriously WTF?!?! This makes 3 EV solo tours without a legit Seattle show. Pretty lame if ask me. :evil:

There hasn't been a legit seattle show since december 2002 key arena shows :(
  • Options
    ranger800ranger800 Posts: 112
    Maybe Ed just needs to rewatch Singles and play the line "This weekend we rock Portland!" over and over.
  • Options
    ranger800 wrote:
    Maybe Ed just needs to rewatch Singles and play the line "This weekend we rock Portland!" over and over.

DUDE! I saw that movie for the first time the other day! Eddie and Jeff were so young.And Chris Cornell too.
    Hehe
    Good Movie
    :D
    Shows:
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    polaris_x wrote:
    isn't Vancouver pretty close? ... like 2 hrs ...

It's three hours if you don't have to wait at the border...and with fewer lanes into Canada a Peach Arch, I guess it takes an hour to three hours to get to the customs booth...If they played a couple of shows in Victoria, more people could attend since the customs lines are pre-determined (by the number of cars on either ferry)... (hint! hint!) :|
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I know Ed can't be everywhere and it's probably not even him who decides where he plays.

Why do people always try to excuse everything Ed does by thinking he isn't in control of his career?

Ed decides when he wants to tour. Ed decides how many shows he wants to play. Ed decides where those shows will be. Ed decides how much tickets will cost. Ed decides what his camera/recording policy will be. Sure he gets input from plenty of people - booking agents, tour managers, band management, etc... But the bottom line is that the buck stops with Ed.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    Ah, oh well...I looked up Honolulu tickets from here, $600 x 2 for plane tickests plus show/tickets/hotel/etc. is just not do-able. Philly was actually cheapest for flights at $250 each - but I'd just rather be able to go to a show in my car and drive home that night. I'd think that Ed would want to be able to drive home after a show too? Must have something against the venues...I don't know. Makes me a bit sad, but I'll get over it.

Vancouver is great - but it is not a one night thing - it is a road trip and wait at the border (sometimes a really long wait if they wave you off to the left...which has happened to me and it sucks) and then there is hotel and eating out expenses, etc. Same with the Gorge - except replace the hotel with camping and parking fees and crappy stand food.

At least there's the FTM show! Will be a fun time :)
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    dawng wrote:
    Ah, oh well...I looked up Honolulu tickets from here, $600 x 2 for plane tickests plus show/tickets/hotel/etc. is just not do-able. Philly was actually cheapest for flights at $250 each - but I'd just rather be able to go to a show in my car and drive home that night. I'd think that Ed would want to be able to drive home after a show too? Must have something against the venues...I don't know. Makes me a bit sad, but I'll get over it.

Vancouver is great - but it is not a one night thing - it is a road trip and wait at the border (sometimes a really long wait if they wave you off to the left...which has happened to me and it sucks) and then there is hotel and eating out expenses, etc. Same with the Gorge - except replace the hotel with camping and parking fees and crappy stand food.

At least there's the FTM show! Will be a fun time :)

Yah for those over 21 itll be fun D: I wanna see Mikes band really bad too, being sixteen sucks monkey balls.

Well, he might add a Seattle show, :D gotta keep hoping
    Shows:
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,565
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    Maybe he'll do another underground show

Underground show that will only have 100 people doesn't do shit for the fans in Seattle. They deserve a proper show like the fuckers in New York or Chicago or LA or Santa Cruz for that matter.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:

Underground show that will only have 100 people doesn't do shit for the fans in Seattle. They deserve a proper show like the fuckers in New York or Chicago or LA or Santa Cruz for that matter.

I know I live in Seattle and I didn't hear about it last year so i didn't get to go. I desperately want him to do one too but it doesnt seem like its gonna happen anytime soon so im just hopin for whatever i can get.
    Shows:
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,565
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:

I know I live in Seattle and I didn't hear about it last year so i didn't get to go. I desperately want him to do one too but it doesnt seem like its gonna happen anytime soon so im just hopin for whatever i can get.

You guys have a pretty good chance of having them for Bumbershoot though. hopefully that will happen for you.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:

You guys have a pretty good chance of having them for Bumbershoot though. hopefully that will happen for you.

Yah that'd be cool but the headliners have already been announced :cry:
    Shows:
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    gdubs55 wrote:
    He'll end up playing to a crowd of ten people at a rec center in west seattle that will be advertised on a ciphered index card, posted on a billboard in a Georgetown coffee house. It'll be great :|
    Fine with me, my girl works in Georgetown. ;)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    You know, I just KNEW he wasn't going to be playing Seattle, but I didn't want to say anything Tuesday night to you.

Mainly because it is a very refreshing feeling to see such a young fan (compared to the majority of us :lol:) so invested in this band.

But fear not my dear, I have a good vibe that next full band tour they will do Seattle justice. I feel it in my bones if you will..... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    You know, I just KNEW he wasn't going to be playing Seattle, but I didn't want to say anything Tuesday night to you.

Mainly because it is a very refreshing feeling to see such a young fan (compared to the majority of us :lol:) so invested in this band.

But fear not my dear, I have a good vibe that next full band tour they will do Seattle justice. I feel it in my bones if you will..... :mrgreen:
    Even my mom was shocked he wasnt playing seattle. I really t hought he would since he skipped us last two tours.

Well I hope you are right about the next band tour, I will keeping looking forward to that.
    Shows: