Options

UPS and PO boxes

Santos L. HalperSantos L. Halper Posts: 1,752
edited March 2009 in The Porch
hi,
If UPS has your home address on file, UPS will deliver your Super Deluxe Box set to your home. If they do not have your address on file, they will leave a delivery note in your PO box and you'll need to pick it up at UPS.
SLH
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253
    What can brown do for you?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    hi,
    If UPS has your home address on file, UPS will deliver your Super Deluxe Box set to your home. If they do not have your address on file, they will leave a delivery note in your PO box and you'll need to pick it up at UPS.
    SLH

thanks alot! it would have been nice to know that i have to go to ups BEFORE i placed the order. i would have just had it shipped to a physical address if thats the case.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Bump, since this is a huge topic right now.

And give Santos a break. He was just offering some useful info. The general population is pretty aware of the UPS/P.O. Box issue, anyhow. Just sayin'.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    13PJ13 wrote:
    Bump, since this is a huge topic right now.

And give Santos a break. He was just offering some useful info. The general population is pretty aware of the UPS/P.O. Box issue, anyhow. Just sayin'.

you're exactly right. i'm FULLY aware that ups doesn't ship to p.o. boxes, which is why they shouldn't have accepted my order to be shipped to my p.o. box if they didn't intend to ship it there. and if you saw their initial reply to me, you wouldn't be telling anyone to give them a break. just sayin'.
  • Options
    hi,
    SLH

thanks alot! it would have been nice to know that i have to go to ups BEFORE i placed the order. i would have just had it shipped to a physical address if thats the case.

It's probably faster than us waiting in the USPS line to get a tube or bubble mailer? At least they send notification to PO Box so you know that you have one with your name on it at UPS. I have to go to the airport to get mine at UPS on this rock. I'm just stoked to have one with my name on it too. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    hi,
    SLH

It's probably faster than us waiting in the USPS line to get a tube or bubble mailer? At least they send notification to PO Box so you know that you have one with your name on it at UPS. I have to go to the airport to get mine at UPS on this rock. I'm just stoked to have one with my name on it too. :mrgreen:

good for you...i'm glad it works better for you. going to ups doesn't work for me at all, but it doesn't matter at this point because now i won't have to go to the post office or ups.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,816
    when everyone ordered the super duper deluxe box set.....

how much did you pay for shipping????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

$0. but that's not the point. i order things online that come with free shipping all the time. besides, 10c jacks up their shipping rates anyway, so we end up paying more in s&h than we should, so i don't see it as them doing us any favors. maybe you do.
  • Options

$0. but that's not the point. i order things online that come with free shipping all the time. besides, 10c jacks up their shipping rates anyway, so we end up paying more in s&h than we should, so i don't see it as them doing us any favors. maybe you do.
    easy there...

i was just asking how much shipping was...

im not taking anyones side on this.....i didnt order one of these.....and i dont give a fuck how, what, where, why, or when it is shipped.........

and i am well aware of what the 10club has charged for shipping over the years...

again....i was just asking a question....
  • Options

easy there...

i was just asking how much shipping was...

im not taking anyones side on this.....i didnt order one of these.....and i dont give a fuck how, what, where, why, or when it is shipped.........

and i am well aware of what the 10club has charged for shipping over the years...

again....i was just asking a question....

ok...fair enough. i took it as a confrontation because people have had problems with my views all day. sorry i misunderstood.
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902

Cry me a river dude. People that bitch about shipping and HANDLING charges shouldn't purchase online. End of story. BTW UPS AND FedEx do not ship to P.O. Boxes. You would think someone such as yourself that has so much experience purchasing online would know who ships to PO boxes and who doesn't.

Ten Club gives us free shipping and people still bitch.
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:

Cry me a river dude. People that bitch about shipping and HANDLING charges shouldn't purchase online. End of story. BTW UPS AND FedEx do not ship to P.O. Boxes. You would think someone such as yourself that has so much experience purchasing online would know who ships to PO boxes and who doesn't.

Ten Club gives us free shipping and people still bitch.
    good morning sunshine................
  • Options

Cant wait for my free drinks dude ;)
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    You would think someone such as yourself that has so much experience purchasing online would know who ships to PO boxes and who doesn't.

i do, and if you read the posts above instead of reading and replying only to the last post, it may give you a different perspective.
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:

yeah yeah yeah................hehehehehe

lets just hope we have the chance to get together this summer ..................
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:

yeah yeah yeah................hehehehehe

lets just hope we have the chance to get together this summer ..................

Fall :)
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    fucking incredible isnt it? free shipping and all this fucking moaning.....

Unfuckingreal.

Try paying $50 for the shipping overseas...

my god you might have to drive to a depot and pick it up...get over it.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

Unfuckingreal.

ok, so you go ahead and bitch about my "fucking moaning."

that's very constructive and makes you so much better a person than i. :roll:
  • Options
    not at all.....

just dont get the big deal.
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    pdalowsky wrote:

Unfuckingreal.

Don't forget the additional customs charges!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    strummers wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Unfuckingreal.

I'm still holding out that they won't be charged!!! fingers crossed, as the ames book got through with a low value delcared. I believe back then they were sent to sweden and redirected from there, but I may be wrong on that. saw it posted on here and it did have a swedish stamp on my packaging. You never know, it will be a hard kick if its charged as I got two on the way.....mind you at least they only sting us for 15% these days!!!
  • Options
    Just called UPS, they were able to add my physical address to the package and they say it will still be delivered on time with no extra charge.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    edited March 2009
    pdalowsky wrote:
    strummers wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Unfuckingreal.

I'm still holding out that they won't be charged!!! fingers crossed, as the ames book got through with a low value delcared. I believe back then they were sent to sweden and redirected from there, but I may be wrong on that. saw it posted on here and it did have a swedish stamp on my packaging. You never know, it will be a hard kick if its charged as I got two on the way.....mind you at least they only sting us for 15% these days!!!
    via UPS, you're 100% guaranteed you'll be charge.
    You cannot avoid customs with courier, unlike regular post where it's more random, they look at EVERY package and tax if above limit (though they rely on what's on the box, so how much will depend if 10c declared it properly, but I don't see them trying to get away with just $20 for a package that size so you'll pay some: 15% VAT on what's declared, including the postage + £11 UPS fee).

Plus the Ames book is no reference whatsoever since books don't have VAT (in the UK)
    Post edited by Pegasus on
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856
    Just called UPS, they were able to add my physical address to the package and they say it will still be delivered on time with no extra charge.

Maybe someone else in the thread should give that a try. ;)
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    via UPS, you're 100% guaranteed you'll be charge.
    You cannot avoid customs with courier, unlike regular post where it's more random, they look at EVERY package and tax if above limit (though they rely on what's on the box, so how much will depend if 10c declared it properly, but I don't see them trying to get away with just $20 for a package that size).[/quote]

I fear you will be right, still heres to hoping....
  • Options

Maybe someone else in the thread should give that a try. ;)

that's not the issue, but thanks for your concern. it's heartfelt.