Options

McCready testifies!

2»

Comments

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,781
    I'll be honest with you, ever since I heard the story a few years back about the young girl with Crohn's who was refused access to a bathroom at Old Navy, I haven't step foot in an Old Navy. The mother was pleading with the manager to let her use the rest room and he refused and she ended up soiling herself in the middle of the store.

There's no reason a young girl should have had to feel that shame.
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    It's really great idea to create the law. I admire Mike for His daring.
    My mother suffer from Crohn's disease. Many times I could see how embarrassing it is.
    So - not letting people with intestinal's problems use restrooms - is discrimination.
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    ChrissybChrissyb Posts: 122
    Mike is my hero!!

I can't tell you how many conversations I have had to have with store owners so that my son could use their facilities.
    **find what you love, love what you find**
  • Options
    FoxyMopFoxyMop Posts: 303
    Jennifer Jaff of Advocacy for Patients is supporting this w/testimonial today. (PJ has donated ticket sales to this awesome organization)

Check out her website and donate to Advocacy for Patients today if you can too!
  • Options
    FoxyMopFoxyMop Posts: 303
    FoxyMop wrote:
    Jennifer Jaff of Advocacy for Patients is supporting this w/testimonial today. (PJ has donated ticket sales to this awesome organization)

Check out her website and donate to Advocacy for Patients today if you can too!

http://www.ctnewsjunkie.com/health_care ... s.php#more
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Nicole from the TN Chapter of the CCFA informed me that, in addition to Illinois, Michigan and Texas, Tennessee has passed a similar law.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    i suffer from Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS). very similar to crohn's in that getting to a restroom quickly can be very important. the biggest difference is that im puking my guts out not shitting em out. i totally support this and think its a good idea. way to go mike!
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...
  • Options
    It is sad that we live in an era where laws have to be passed for situations like this...

...but, let it not be said that Mike isn't a top notch person. It takes a strong man to stand up and speak so candidly about what could be a very uncomfortable problem.

Here's to seeing something like this passed in every state.
    If Adam and Eve had Taco Bell they would have never eaten that filthy fruit...
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    i can't help it but every time i see this thread I read it:
    "McCready testes"

:)
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    Mike is awesome.

It would be nice to see more restroom accessibility

Absolutely. Even if it's just setting up a port-a-john back stage with a big sign "MCCREADY ONLY" on it. Mike could give a sign to Ed. Mike disappears off-stage and Ed does a solo, tells a story, or finds another way to kill a few minutes.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"