Options

McCready testifies!

Grateful JamGrateful Jam Posts: 81
edited February 2009 in The Porch
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Poor Mike!! I hope this bill gets passed for people who suffer from this terrible disease!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    mnicole22mnicole22 Posts: 417
    Good article. What a terrible thing. I don`t know much about Crohn's disease, but from what I read I totally agree with this proposal. Good luck to them!

I love the show must go on comment. Best band in the world right now, for real.
    AKA Cinnamon Girl :(

05-10-06
    08-05-07
    06-14-08
    08-12-08 (EV)
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,374
    Wow.. that's some dedication. Just letting go during the middle of a solo...
  • Options
    I've been battling Ulcerative Colitis since college and this article is really well written. It nailed the horror of realizing you've gotta go and not being able to hold it. I am involved with CCFC and truly appreciate Mike's candor.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    I sympathize with the guy, but I didn't need to know he shit his pants during a solo.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    I feel horrible that Mike has to go through such a terrible disease but the proposal seems odd to me. If you had a private bathroom at your business would you want random people coming off the street to use your toilet? Of course anyone that knows Pearl jam would love to have Mike use their bathroom but their has to be a better way. And what kind of ID or letter would someone show to use a persons toilet? I hope they find a cure for the disease cause trust me, I have stomach issues myself. Good luck Mike.

Also, cant believe the guy had an accident during a show, that shows Mike is a strong willed person.

Again, good luck Mike, ill say a prayer for you.

peace.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Yeah, that is what they weer reporting on KING tv.

Good article, thanks for posting it. :)
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    That's so messed up that a BILL HAS TO PASSED to make people let someone use your bathroom in an emergency!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Back_Pedal wrote:
    I sympathize with the guy, but I didn't need to know he shit his pants during a solo.

Just try and think of it like this: His solo was so amazing that instead of filling the pants of the crowd it filled his own pants!

You know, like a face melting solo only it has different properties associated with it. He had his pants filling solo guitar equipped instead of his face melting guitar +1.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    That's our little local paper. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869
    Way to go Mike! sucks that happened in front of 20,000 people, ouch... but hey the show must go on!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Mike is awesome.

It would be nice to see more restroom accessibility
    I carried a watermelon
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Rock on Mike!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I have to say that Mike is very candid about Crohn's and Colitis. I'm comfortable enough to speak freely about it among my friends and family, but to openly admit that he's had to, "just let go...I went back stage and cleaned up, because the show must go on", as someone with the disease, I admire his ability to take on this issue with such candor.

A lot of folks (especially young people) are too embarrassed to talk openly about their conditions. People like Mike and Quarterback David Garrard are putting a famous face on these diseases and hopefully more people will become informed.

Also, by educating the public, we can take away the stigma that keeps a lot of patients at home. You don't want to venture too far out because you're afraid that you won't be able to find a bathroom.

Thumbs up to Mike and his wife for all the hard work they've done in raising awareness. They've definitely inspired me as I work to educate my rural community about Crohn's and Colitis.

Cheers,

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Nice work Bellingham Herald!
    Good article... Mike is awesome for putting it all out there like he does and working to make change.
    9/1/2005, 7/3/2006, 7/6/2006, 7/22/2006, 7/23/2006, 9/21/2009, 9/22/2009
  • Options
    My nephew suffers from this...
  • Options
    I'm glad to know my state (Texas) is one of the few that has already passed a law. I had heard about it because I used to work with people with disabilities but I didn't realize that there were only a few states that had something on the books.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    That on stage story is proof that mike rocks harder than anyone else alive.

I'm bummed. I just heard he was in Olympia working on this today but I'm stuck up in Lakewood at work :(
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    thanks for sharing the article, he's so awesome :) i hope that bill gets passed, it's cruel for shop owners to not let someone use the bathroom if there's an emergency, especially when someone has a condition like that.
  • Options
    LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    Back_Pedal wrote:

He makes me shit my pants every time he plays a solo! :shock: :o;):lol::D
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,177
    "I was in the middle of a solo and it hit, and I can't go anywhere because I'm playing in front of 20,000 people," McCready told The Associated Press after he testified. "So I just let go. I went back stage and cleaned up, because the show must go on."

Wow. Poor Mike. That has just got to be horrible. I hope his work helps pass legislation. Good work Mike!
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,879
    Go get those fuckers Mike!

Seriously, I hope he can use his clout to get shit done
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Way to .. GO .. Mike!
  • Options
    mrshock13mrshock13 Posts: 472
    I wish the best for Mike and what he's doing. I had an uncle who died from this Colitis and a combination of a few other things, it all happened very fast.
  • Options
    Lee MLee M Posts: 142
    Good for him for speaking out and trying to get something done to help other people with the same disease :)
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    this is a great idea.....hope it passes!
  • Options
    man crohns disease sounds terrible. This law definitely should get passed!
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    i do not have the disease but if i did....this is what i would do.

walk into the store, polielty ask to use the facility and explain why. if the owner said "sure" i would thank them and go take a shit and purchase an item as a means of showing my gratitude.

if the owner said "no" i would thank them and take a shit right before them.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    Great work Mike! My fiance is a UC sufferer and we've had a few of those emergencies- thank you for trying to get this bill passed. I think some other states should jump on the bandwagon and try to get this law passed as well.
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    good on him. What a champ.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014