Options

Which place for tickets are better?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Lovineddievedder, what kind of tickets did you get going through ticketmaster? Did you buy tickets that were better than if you would have went through 10c?
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Does anyone know about how many people "hit the lottery" and get a good seat for each show? Do they only pick one fan club member or is it multiple people? Just curious if I should continue the ticketmaster route or give it a shot with the Ten Club. Thanks!

It's only for fan club members and it's rows 1-2 & 9-10
    So how ever many seats are in those rows in a particular venue that's how many win.

I haven't heard anything about whether they're going to do it next tour.
    For the average arena show, you are looking at 40-44 seats per row. So on the low end, 40 seats x 4 rows = 160 seats, which equates to 80 10C members winning the lottery.

BUT, there were also reports during the '08 tour that not all the row 1 & 2 seats went to 10C members ...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Does anyone know about how many people "hit the lottery" and get a good seat for each show? Do they only pick one fan club member or is it multiple people? Just curious if I should continue the ticketmaster route or give it a shot with the Ten Club. Thanks!

It's only for fan club members and it's rows 1-2 & 9-10
    So how ever many seats are in those rows in a particular venue that's how many win.

I haven't heard anything about whether they're going to do it next tour.
    For the average arena show, you are looking at 40-44 seats per row. So on the low end, 40 seats x 4 rows = 160 seats, which equates to 80 10C members winning the lottery.

BUT, there were also reports during the '08 tour that not all the row 1 & 2 seats went to 10C members ...

Thanks for the information! I will keep this in mind next time they come to my area. The tickets I bought through Ticketmaster for last summer's Boston show were not bad. They were on the right of the stage and in the second section. I could see fine but would love to sit closer to the stage and center stage. With my Ten Club number it does not look like I will get closer than row 40 as someone else pointed out but hitting the lotto and scoring one of those seats would be sweet!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    Thanks for the information! I will keep this in mind next time they come to my area. The tickets I bought through Ticketmaster for last summer's Boston show were not bad. They were on the right of the stage and in the second section. I could see fine but would love to sit closer to the stage and center stage. With my Ten Club number it does not look like I will get closer than row 40 as someone else pointed out but hitting the lotto and scoring one of those seats would be sweet!
    Many people have also been able to get very good tickets from Ticketmaster. With your 10C number, your seats will not be anywhere close to the stage. That said, you do have a chance of being first row. It's a tough call. In 2008 I had my 10C tickets for 8 shows and didn't win the lottery once. I know a lot of other people who went to 5+ shows and didn't win once.

Then again, when my girlfriend won 2nd row at MSG 2, we were sitting beside a couple who were also both in the 10C. At MSG 1, they won 2nd row with his tickets and at MSG 2 they won 2nd row (pretty much the exact same seats they said) with hers.

So, like any lottery, chances of actually winning are very low. BUT, if you do win, it is pretty special.

You have a few months to think about it (in all liklihood) before you have to make the call ... :)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Don't forget, the other cool part of 10C seats is you are in the middle of the hardcore. The people around you will be into the show (for the most part) and singing along, just like you, as opposed to constantly filing in and out to get beer or to pee, or make out with the girlfriend instead of paying attention to the show. Its a lot of fun to be in the middle of 10C. And you get where you recognize people and they recognize you. Some people have gotten used to seeing me and my daughter (who is now 14), to the point of in 06 (or was it 07? can't remember now) at Hartford, a guy asked 'were you guys at msg 2 in 03' as he'd been sitting near us then too.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    I just joined the fan club in october and my number is 424xxx, and i was just wondering should i get tickets for the next tour through 10c or ticketmaster? Does 10c really have all the best seats in the house?

It all depends on what city you are going to as well. Seattle and MSG you will be farther back then other venues. Go to Canada, and you will be up closer than most other venues.
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    GR8Dane wrote:
    I just joined the fan club in october and my number is 424xxx, and i was just wondering should i get tickets for the next tour through 10c or ticketmaster? Does 10c really have all the best seats in the house?

It all depends on what city you are going to as well. Seattle and MSG you will be farther back then other venues. Go to Canada, and you will be up closer than most other venues.
    That is a common misconception around here. Generally speaking, the 3 Canadian cities that get shows on every US tour are Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal. You aren't going to get better seats in any of those cities than you are in many US cities. I've been closer in Buffalo, Cincy, Pittsburgh and Tampa than I have ever been in Toronto or Montreal.

I think the best way to get better seats is to go to smaller cities that are not close to other large cities and to go to weekday shows. So nowhere in the Northeast. I think your best bet at good seats would be at some of the smaller cities in the South (if they tour there) or places in the North West Like Boise (assuming they play there some time soon).