Global Warming

melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
edited February 2009 in A Moving Train
Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Thursday, February 5, 2009

A massive program with its tentacles embedded into almost every corner of education and popular culture is underway to use the “green” agenda to brainwash children and turn them against their own parents, as the state moves towards the creation of a Stasi-style informant society using methods that have been repeated in every totalitarian state throughout history.

The controversy surrounding Al Gore’s comments during a speech at the University of Maryland Presidential Youth Inaugural Conference, during which he pitted children against their parents by telling them they “know more” about global warming, is merely the tip of the iceberg of a top-down movement that is mimicking a technique that dictatorships have practiced throughout history - the exploitation and brainwashing of children to turn them into Maoist, Stasi, Hitler Youth-style informants and enforcers against their own family and community.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/state-brain ... rship.html
If this a double thread, please feel free to advise me accordingly. The rest of this arcle and a video can be accessed at the above link. FYI...peace
all insanity:
a derivitive of nature.
nature is god
god is love
love is light
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• man thats a negative spin......

You could basically tie these theories/patterns to any type of education at all....
  • melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    yes, my dear

it is a negative spin, the point i try to make is how totalitarian gov't implemented their separation policies.
    i work where kids are beginning to become conscious about real world concerns and find it refreshing to hear them discuss such issues. but on the other hand, boths sides of a topic need be on surface and this is always what i recieve from the Pearl Jam community.

i tend to think that global warming is part of a natural process between the earth and it's cosmic relationship with other matter as well as the sun. (some of that matter, of course is human introduced)
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    Undermining the children/Brainwashing, check. Comparison with Stasi, check. Hitler-reference, check. Mao-reference, check. Totalitarian state etc , check. Illuminati/grand conspiracy, right round the corner.

And all that in just 2 paragraphs. Wow!Only thing missing was "satanic" and possibly "reptilian".

If I ever needed further reminders for NOT reading anything off that site, I can just glance at this. Man, I hate sensationalist whores. (Not directed at the poster, but at folks running sites like the referenced). Even if they have a point, and down there somewhere are right about some stuff, the package totally discredits and debases whatever argument they might have had. That's my opinion of that anyway.

As for global warming being pushed hard these days, ain't arguing that. But I think it's called for. Even if it ain't 100% solid. (as very little science fundamentally is) But there will always be someone who will be milking a message, whether that message is right or not, to their own benefit. We are all free to dislike these people. Some milkers doesnt negate the message however.

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Undermining the children/Brainwashing, check. Comparison with Stasi, check. Hitler-reference, check. Mao-reference, check. Totalitarian state etc , check. Illuminati/grand conspiracy, right round the corner.

And all that in just 2 paragraphs. Wow!Only thing missing was "satanic" and possibly "reptilian".

If I ever needed further reminders for NOT reading anything off that site, I can just glance at this. Man, I hate sensationalist whores. (Not directed at the poster, but at folks running sites like the referenced). Even if they have a point, and down there somewhere are right about some stuff, the package totally discredits and debases whatever argument they might have had. That's my opinion of that anyway.

As for global warming being pushed hard these days, ain't arguing that. But I think it's called for. Even if it ain't 100% solid. (as very little science fundamentally is) But there will always be someone who will be milking a message, whether that message is right or not, to their own benefit. We are all free to dislike these people. Some milkers doesnt negate the message however.

Peace
    Dan

AJ takes it a bit far at times... I don't know if he means to or not. He's kind of like a conservative version of Michael Moore. I think he raises some great points, and alerts the people to some big-time red flags in our government and our society, however he tends to lose people on a lot of the speculation he makes. He also draws in a lot of people based on that same speculation.

Example:

FEMA camps. As I understand it, they exist-- despite the fact that there is only recently legislation being proposed to build them? Why create legislation if they exist already? Shady, but on to my point. They are intended to be centers for thousands of refugees in the case of major disaster-- another Katrina, a bomb hits us, etc... Alex's contention is that they will be used like Nazi camps, eventually.

To me, this is speculation... Is it wrong to speculate like this though? Is it even harmful? Is it actually helpful to us to assume that these things could be used for the worst? "What do we really have to gain by using our tax dollars to build these camps?" is the first question anyone should ask. In the event that a nuke hits us, or we were under attack by another country (our worst case scenario), would these even help at all? According to HR 645: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtex ... l=h111-645
    these camps are on military installations. If we were under full attack by another country, within the rules of War, couldn't they attack these facilities, seeing as how they are military bases? So people flee from their cities that have been destroyed, get scooped up, and put on military bases where there are huge concentrations of people... Maybe we would be more vulnerable at this point, by having all of this centrilization?

Now, picture a scenario like Katrina. I think the country as learned a bit from that one-- namely GTFO (get the fuck out) of places where a major storm is going to hit. The next "Katrina," I believe, will leave far less people with their lives destroyed. If people are going to live in areas vulnerable to that type of disaster, and see that the government hasn't yet, and can't adequately provide for them, they need to develop their own plan B-- flea to family and friend's houses elsewhere. Any money saved from choosing not to build the camps would certainly help in the rebuilding process, if needed. There will also be more able bodies to help rebuild next time.

So are these a waste of money? I believe so. If they can't serve their purpose as intended in the proposed legislation, what good are they? Could such facilities be used as detention camps? I suppose so, with the wrong people in power. My thing is, why give the government any more power or resources than it absolutely needs? There is always a chance for abuse-- maybe even in unthinkable ways. We camped Italian, German, and Japanese-American citizens of this country during World War II, after all. It's better for our pockets, and maybe for our own safety to not let these camps get built.

Is there any real harm then, in AJ flipping out about this stuff. I don't believe so. Anything he rages against only takes power away from the Federal Government and gives it back to us. In the meantime, does it stir some fear and paranoia? Sure, a little. No one dies, and no one gets hurt, and no one loses any Liberty though. As a matter of fact, people cling to Liberty tightly as a result. Bush and Cheney pushed fear, people were hurt and killed, and Liberty was lost as a result. There's a big difference there.

Is Alex's speculation annoying? Maybe to some. Is it dangerous? Only to the government. We all have the option of choosing to listen to him or not.

I wouldn't consider myself a huge fan of his, but it's interesting to hear his perspective once in a while, even if it comes out "over the top."
  • Back on topic, the government shouldn't be telling us how to think... About global warming, about anything. Global Warming is a huge issue to a lot of people for a lot of different reasons. Whether it's happening or not, throwing money at the problem is not going to fix it-- this includes a carbon tax. If people are going to get up in arms about global warming, they should include a solution to the problem that does not include taxing the people to fix it.
  • melodious wrote:
    yes, my dear

it is a negative spin, the point i try to make is how totalitarian gov't implemented their separation policies.
    i work where kids are beginning to become conscious about real world concerns and find it refreshing to hear them discuss such issues. but on the other hand, boths sides of a topic need be on surface and this is always what i recieve from the Pearl Jam community.

i tend to think that global warming is part of a natural process between the earth and it's cosmic relationship with other matter as well as the sun. (some of that matter, of course is human introduced)

Discussion is always good, as long as people think for themselves :D

Global warming is pretty much cut and dry as far as I'm concerned. You can't have this much waste/pollution on the planet, and not expect it to have a serious and lasting effect.
  • It took me a day to replay,
    but as Global Warming was always my subject, here, I want to throw in my 2cents again.

...during which he pitted children against their parents by telling them they “know more” about global warming, is merely the tip of the iceberg of a top-down movement that is mimicking a technique that dictatorships have practiced throughout history - the exploitation and brainwashing of children to turn them into Maoist, Stasi, Hitler Youth-style informants and enforcers against their own family and community

Isn't it the conclusion of our information age, that every day we learn more? That every day we know more?
    So why it is a shame for kids telling their parents what they learned differently. Isn't it evolution of the human knowledge...
    Don't we want to create a future instead of living in the past forever?
    Is it the big goal to never change things but (as I said) forever live in the past? To me the author of this article wants to say: stop thinking, always live the way of your parents aka in the PAST.
    So tell me: when Galileo told us the earth is round, did he put his family on shame?

I do not get the arguing here and I just can't believe that there are still people out there who would deny this big problem called "Global Warming" and draw a line to brainwashing, Hitler and Stasi instead!
    Hey, me being a German do know well about Hitler and Stasi, hence, mentioning them in a consense of Al Gore just explaining a Truth makes me stunning and hopeless.
    And btw: In Europe we accept the problem as man made, we know this problem is rolling in ... so how can it be that just over sea there is still denial.... and some arguing that scares me a lot....
    so I wonder- as in my memory and past the US always has been the smart one...
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Did anyone here march for global warming awareness today? 

I couldn't due to a bad case of the flu. 

Thanks to all those who went out and did it.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• FEMA camps, thanks for the laughs. Although there’s nothing funny about that UN report and personally, I think we’re fucked.

Team Trump Treason digs coal. Way to lead.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2018
    Maybe the US should lead the charge in that area instead of denying it with all their corruptness.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I have for years had this theory that the human race is subconsciously suicidal.  But of course that theory could be refuted with the counter argument that as a species, we are generally lazy, selfish, short sighted and stupid.  Either way, we're fucked.

But I still advocate for doing what makes sense no matter what the outcome.  Feel good about and take more no-drive days, recycle everything possible, use less, buy the most durable product you can find, eat less (or no) meat, boycott all sea food, support environmentally conscious businesses, lower the thermostat in the winter, raise it in the summer, take a "staycation" instead of flying all over the world, participate in a beach clean up day.   There are so many things each person can do to make a difference. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• fifefife Posts: 3,327

So don't know if people have read this but very scaring stuff.  while i agree with brian post i also think one major thing we as citizens of the world have to do is put pressure on governments to do something. 

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    fife said:

So don't know if people have read this but very scaring stuff.  while i agree with brian post i also think one major thing we as citizens of the world have to do is put pressure on governments to do something. 

Lol, I love it
    fife said:

The problem is, you have the vast majority (about 97%) of published scientists agreeing with the severity of the problem and yet a relative handful of bought-off politicians and lesser qualified "scientists" putting up baseless arguments against AGW (anthropogenic global warming), and a  lot of people are buying it.  I guess for a lot of people it's so much easier to believe a lie than it is to actually have to do something.

brianlux said:
    fife said:

The problem is, you have the vast majority (about 97%) of published scientists agreeing with the severity of the problem and yet a relative handful of bought-off politicians and lesser qualified "scientists" putting up baseless arguments against AGW (anthropogenic global warming), and a  lot of people are buying it.  I guess for a lot of people it's so much easier to believe a lie than it is to actually have to do something.
    I agree, i sometimes think that the reason people buy into the lie is cause the problem so is big that people don't know what they can do.  This is why i think the media and also the educational system needs to explain this issue better and make it easy for people to understand  
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:
    I have for years had this theory that the human race is subconsciously suicidal.  But of course that theory could be refuted with the counter argument that as a species, we are generally lazy, selfish, short sighted and stupid.  Either way, we're fucked.

But I still advocate for doing what makes sense no matter what the outcome.  Feel good about and take more no-drive days, recycle everything possible, use less, buy the most durable product you can find, eat less (or no) meat, boycott all sea food, support environmentally conscious businesses, lower the thermostat in the winter, raise it in the summer, take a "staycation" instead of flying all over the world, participate in a beach clean up day.   There are so many things each person can do to make a difference. 
    Your theory might correct...

Just look at all the past and current wars there have been.  Just look at 9/11, I believe the US had a surge in people who enlisted, to voluntarily go off to war.  That seems suicidal.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:

Your theory might correct...

Just look at all the past and current wars there have been.  Just look at 9/11, I believe the US had a surge in people who enlisted, to voluntarily go off to war.  That seems suicidal.
    Interesting notion- enlisting to go to war as a suicidal tendency.  What a shitty way to go.

Just want to bump this up again.  biggest issue we as human being have ever faced.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited October 2018
    fife said:
    Just want to bump this up again.  biggest issue we as human being have ever faced.
    Anyone with less than half a brain knows that global warming  and/or climate change is just part of a plot by the democrat/liberals/socialists to....

Raise your taxes
    Abort your babies
    Legalize marijuana 
    Create more government 
    Take away your guns
    Legalize LGBTQIA marriage and freedoms
    Allow illegal alien immigration
    Etc etc

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    There is currently an unprecedented hurricane (likely won't be that strong once it gets there) heading towards Europe and Africa. Climate change.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    There is currently an unprecedented hurricane (likely won't be that strong once it gets there) heading towards Europe and Africa. Climate change.
    Very strange.  Weird weather indeed!

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if they do.  No major media I can find is talking about this so that news is either bullshit, or what will result if it is true will be just plain be the shits. Either way, if too much of the world continues to use the oceans  toilets, that's what we're all going to go down. 

edited October 2018
    brianlux said:
    Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if they do.  No major media I can find is talking about this so that news is either bullshit, or what will result if it is true will be just plain be the shits. Either way, if too much of the world continues to use the oceans  toilets, that's what we're all going to go down. 

Seven years after disaster, Japan set to flush one million tons of radioactive Fukushima water into Pacific

Seems to be plenty of news article.  The National Post is a leading national Canadian newspaper.  It's not some gossip rag newspaper.

Or is it hard to accept that maybe Japan is not the beacon of good environmental stewardship either?  Are you relying on that trash for news media you call  media in the states...
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:

Seven years after disaster, Japan set to flush one million tons of radioactive Fukushima water into Pacific

Seems to be plenty of news article.  The National Post is a leading national Canadian newspaper.  It's not some gossip rag newspaper.

Or is it hard to accept that maybe Japan is not the beacon of good environmental stewardship either?  Are you relying on that trash for news media you call  media in the states...
    I have no difficulty whatsoever accepting the fact that any developed country on this insane planet is capable of doing grossly negligent and dangerous things to the world we live in.  I do have difficulty in accepting the fact that we are that reckless... but I know for sure we often are.

No, I do no rely on information from major US news media.  For environmental news, I frequently go to The Guardian, realclimate.org, Wildlands Network, Natural Resources Defense Council, seashepherd.org among others.  But no, rarely general mainstream corporate news.

I'm not sure how reliable Snopes is (although I get a sense they are pretty good) but here is what they say:

WHAT'S TRUE

In accordance with a recommendation from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Japanese officials are considering diluting contaminated wastewater from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant to a level of radioactivity regarded as safe, then dumping it into the ocean.

WHAT'S FALSE

Although they have been weighing such a plan for several years, to date the Japanese government has not announced its implementation.

So question for you, Meltdown:  Do you believe everything your "leading national Canadian newspaper" or is Canada a leading developed  country incapable of making false news statements?

The National Post is a solid newspaper.  I'm not going to debates such silliness anymore...

If you believe the Japenese are even being even 1/2 truthful, well that's your choice. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    The National Post is a solid newspaper.  I'm not going to debates such silliness anymore...

If you believe the Japenese are even being even 1/2 truthful, well that's your choice. 
    What the fuck did you read in my posts, Melty?   Have some more coffee my friend!  :lol:

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    brianlux said:

What the fuck did you read in my posts, Melty?   Have some more coffee my friend!  :lol:
    Yeah, par for the course :) 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    My fellow Americans: the crisis of climate change can no longer be ignored, and Congress will not act fast enough.  Powerful forces are at work, and by any standard this crisis is an emergency, so following the precedent set by President Trump, I am today declaring the following actions.

First, the Federal government will immediately seize certain oil and natural gas facilities and lands.
    All refining facilities will be closed. Oil and natural gas lands will be re-purposed for solar and wind power only, and we will offer job retraining for their owners. The Federal government will control these lands in perpetuity to prevent additional damage to the climate. This is a hard step, and we do not take it lightly, by as President Trump seized hundreds of thousands of acres of land under eminent domain, we have followed his precedent to the letter, because the climate emergency demands it.  To prevent any illegal drilling, I am ordering the U.S. military to build appropriate walls, fences, minefields, and other security structures around these lands and facilities. 

Walls work, in the words of President Trump, and this emergency demands them.  We will also take Federal action to end the lawless behavior of Carbon Sanctuary States. Because of this emergency, Federal power must trumps the rights of the states. It's an *emergency*.  Carbon Sanctuary States endanger us all, and they must be brought to heel.

-President Warren 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020