Options

The first time I ever saw Pearl Jam, I...

2»

Comments

• Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    ...thought the lead singer was HOT!
    i'm pretty sure i can't remember the absolute FIRST time i saw them since i was 2 when pearl jam was born, but i remember the first time i saw the jeremy video. i thought it was so powerful and that the lead singer was super hot.

You were 2 years old when Pearl Jam came out??? Holy shit!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I was a freshman in high school!!! You missed the whole 90's grunge era...it was the best time to be a teenager!!
    I was born in 92!
    Talk about missing the grunge era! :P
    I was negative aged when Pearl Jam came out 8-)
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    i'm pretty sure i can't remember the absolute FIRST time i saw them since i was 2 when pearl jam was born, but i remember the first time i saw the jeremy video. i thought it was so powerful and that the lead singer was super hot.

I was a freshman in high school!!! You missed the whole 90's grunge era...it was the best time to be a teenager!!
    you're telling me! i told my mother she should have given birth to me when she was 12 so that i could go to pearl jam concerts and such :'( when we met lance mercer at a book signing he kinda had a crush on my mom (she's pretty hot) and me AND my dad said when we came home "why didn't you whore yourself out to him?!" then i coulda been one step closer to being introduced to pearl jam :lol: i'm trying to catch up now though!
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    My friend was having a party on a Friday night......only thing was he didn't like me and another one of our friends hanging out together (was a jealousy thing). I was pissed and decided to go see Sin City by myself. Cept on the way there I decided that that was extremely depressing and then proceeded to go to the mall. I'm well known for buying albums of bands I've never heard before. I came across Rearviewmirror (had just come out that week I think) and picked it up. A rush of suppressed memories filled my head. I can remember climbing the stairs to my moms room when I was younger and going through her collection of cds. She had Ten and for some reason the hands on the cover always freaked me out so I never touched it. But I remembered the name and decided to purchase Rearviewmirror.....that ladies and gentleman was the end of my sorrows as we know it. I thank that friend everyday for being such a dick (he hates Pearl Jam so it all works out haha)
  • Options
    First time I saw Pearl Jam I thought I was gonna fall out of the front row of the balcony at The Warfield in San Francisco. I got taken by a good friend, was just starting to get into them, really didn't know much music at the show, but was immediately taken by them opening with "Release" in total darkness and then just proceeding to drive the place into an all out frenzy. I was so blown away I had to go again 3 nights later in Berkeley. It's been no turning back ever since.
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    well im bored so ill add to my comment

the first time i saw them live was 98' Blossom show in cleveland. By then I was an infatuated 18 year old. Ill never forget so many things about that night. It was also the first time being a ten club member paid off big time too. I took my best pj buddy and after the usher led us to the third row, dead center, the two of started jumping up and down and hugging each other. Everyone around us smiled and laughed. At the end of the show we passionately waved peace signs at eddie, he responded by smiling and flicking us off, then laughing and waving, we hugged again. What a night. What a loser I was back then! :)
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    allstar340 wrote:

I was born in 92!
    Talk about missing the grunge era! :P
    I was negative aged when Pearl Jam came out 8-)

you're telling me! i told my mother she should have given birth to me when she was 12 so that i could go to pearl jam concerts and such :'( when we met lance mercer at a book signing he kinda had a crush on my mom (she's pretty hot) and me AND my dad said when we came home "why didn't you whore yourself out to him?!" then i coulda been one step closer to being introduced to pearl jam :lol: i'm trying to catch up now though!

It is cool to see that the younger generation appreciates Pearl Jam as much as the 30+ crowd! :D
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    It is cool to see that the younger generation appreciates Pearl Jam as much as the 30+ crowd! :D
    My parents and friends think I'm absolutely insane for loving them as much as I do, got my posters framed and hanging on the little wall space in my room, and am always listening.
    I love em! :mrgreen:
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    I still remember the first time i heard pearl jam. I was 15 i think (18 now). I was getting a lift home from my sister from school and she put on once. I was intrigued so when i got home i listened to Ten and got totaly hooked. Pearl Jam are the best band to be hooked to.
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    I don't remember the first time I heard them. My guess is sometime in the summer of '92. We used to have a cabin that we shared with family friends, so during the summer we would go up there and hang out with said friends.

I know I was exposed to Pearl Jam at that time, because I remember saying to my friend something to the affect of 'No sir, I don't like it' I can't remember why I didn't like it, but I liked Nirvana more at the time. This only really lasted a short amount of time though.

Fun thing is, when I hear Oceans I can still picture myself at the cabin playing Super Mario World on the SNES. Hehehe, crazy how memory is!

I also remember a few years later at boy scout camp (yes I was a boy scout, deal with it! :mrgreen: ) the dude at the camp store had Vitalogy, but he made some comments on how it wasn't any good. I dunno what he was thinking, that album rocks!!!!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also remembered this funny little story. I remember thinking the song black was about some weird crazy dude that liked to paint pictures black, but like, I didn't understand why he would do that.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    EDIT: Oh yeah, I also remembered this funny little story. I remember thinking the song black was about some weird crazy dude that liked to paint pictures black, but like, I didn't understand why he would do that.

:) adorable.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    Thorns2010 wrote:

:) adorable.

Well.....I didn't think so once I was older and realized what the song was about. hehe
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Well.....I didn't think so once I was older and realized what the song was about. hehe

lol
    hey we all do that kind of stuff as kids. don't be so tough on yourself. blame ed's mumbling!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    wet myself..... true story
    2003: Melbourne 1
    2006: Verona, Vienna, Zagreb, Melbourne 1-2-3, Adelaide 1-2
    2009: Melbourne
    2010: Belfast
    2012: Werchter
    2014: Melbourne, Adelaide, EV Melb 1-2
  • Options
    The first time I ever saw Pearl Jam, I...

... had my final pharmacology exam for my undergrad degree the next day :lol:

yup, was pretty special

i also had to wait for show #2 for black ;)
    wah
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    . . .Was in high school watching Alternative nation or 120 minutes on MTV. I can't remember. Alive was the song.

I'd actually listened to TOTD before PJ.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    was at Lollapalooza in 1992 watching Ed climb the rafters.

and i knew i'd found something special.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,798
    ... pooped my pants.
  • Options
    was celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary.
    They were the opening act for The Rolling Stones in Oakland.
    Hold On