Options

What movie are you going to see next?

Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
edited January 2009 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm going tonight and don't have a clue as to what to go see.
I love to turn you on
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,070
    Gran Torino is really good and the Wrestler is good. I've heard good things from various people about Slumdog Millionaire.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    going to see revolutionary road this sunday i hope.

saw last sunday - the curious case of benjamin button - excellent!
    also recently saw...
    gran torino - really good!
    marley & me - with mom! :)
    i'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    I've heard great reviews about 'Slumdog Millionairre'. Been nominated for awards already, a real 'proper' movie by all accounts.
    Gonna see it soonn hopefully.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    I want to see Gran Torino next.
  • Options
    Gran Torino and Slumdog Millionaire are both excellent films and would be excellent choices to see.

The Wrestler, Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Revolutionary Road are all great films as well but all 3 have a bit of a downer feel at points.

I am going to watch Frost/Nixon tonight.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    see "slumdog millionaire" if you havent yet! just saw it yesterday and it was great!

still on my "to see" list are:
    -milk
    -doubt
    -the reader
    -defiance
    -my bloody valentine 3D (shutup... this will be fun)

should be a good year for movies in general too... saw some interesting previews for sundance movies... already off to a strong start
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    I saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button today. It was alright. The acting is great, but the story wasn't really for me. It was like Forrest Gump..but not funny.
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    I saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button today. It was alright. The acting is great, but the story wasn't really for me. It was like Forrest Gump..but not funny.
    i thought the clock story worked nicely as bookends... it really had that feeling of a short story stretched into something too long for its own good though... im a big fan of fitzergerald and i thought it lost that vibe at moments... still a good movie, as any pitt/fincher project would be, but not as amazing as i had hoped

• Options
    well I watched bride wars the other night... really really crap, not funny at all... and I LOVE chick flicks. Watching marlay and me at the mo (buffering) and i'm really enjoying it so far. Found both the wrestler and milk online... but with no volume... perfect image though :D yep, tis gonna be a while til i can afford cinema.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    well I watched bride wars the other night... really really crap, not funny at all... and I LOVE chick flicks. Watching marlay and me at the mo (buffering) and i'm really enjoying it so far. Found both the wrestler and milk online... but with no volume... perfect image though :D yep, tis gonna be a while til i can afford cinema.
    i found a good version of the wrestler a couple weeks ago... ill look for the link if its still around... lemme know if you find milk... that one doesnt exactly seem like something you need to see on the big screen

• Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    I'm not a big movie person, but hopefully with the Dark Knight going back to theaters next weekend I'll be able to see it again on the big screen.

So thats my pick!
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i found a good version of the wrestler a couple weeks ago... ill look for the link if its still around... lemme know if you find milk... that one doesnt exactly seem like something you need to see on the big screen
    ooohh thank you... well like I said the one we found was EXCELLENT quality... the best I've seen of any films... but there was no sound :roll: but the Milk one we found was the exact same. I've been using momomesh.com and it seems to be good... but I'm not in a rush to see either so I'll wait for good quality or the DVD.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    I'm not a big movie person, but hopefully with the Dark Knight going back to theaters next weekend I'll be able to see it again on the big screen.

So thats my pick!
    is it really? why? just to refresh before the oscars?

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    ooohh thank you... well like I said the one we found was EXCELLENT quality... the best I've seen of any films... but there was no sound :roll: but the Milk one we found was the exact same. I've been using momomesh.com and it seems to be good... but I'm not in a rush to see either so I'll wait for good quality or the DVD.
    i always use www.alluc.org or www.surfthechannel.com for my illegal movie activity... try pokin around there if you havent yet... alot of the links disappear pretty quick though

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:

So thats my pick!

Yeah, let me go see if I can find a link about it.
  • Options
    i downloaded screener dvds of just about everything thats in theaters right now. it's 15 degrees in nyc w/o the wind chill. i aint goin nowhere tonight.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    i downloaded screener dvds of just about everything thats in theaters right now. it's 15 degrees in nyc w/o the wind chill. i aint goin nowhere tonight.

Try -20 :mrgreen:

But actually I think I'm going to say inside tonight too.
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i always use http://www.alluc.org or http://www.surfthechannel.com for my illegal movie activity... try pokin around there if you havent yet... alot of the links disappear pretty quick though
    :D thank you... marley and me's buffering again :roll: but I'm really enjoying it so far.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,123
    sgossard3 wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:

So thats my pick!

That and I think I read it needs a few more million to go over a billion worldwide

I saw it twice in IMAX(WORTH IT) ALSO LOVE THE BLU-RAY
  • Options
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Try -20 :mrgreen:

fuck that! no, thank you!! brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    Going to see "The Wrestler" this weekend. Can't wait.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,423

I get most of the screeners through work. They have such harsh warnings about sharing/selling/copying so I am surprised anyone lets them out of their sight, let alone put them on the internet.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I get most of the screeners through work. They have such harsh warnings about sharing/selling/copying so I am surprised anyone lets them out of their sight, let alone put them on the internet.

i was surprised at a couple of them. they are exact dvd copies with the digital-watermark warnings and all. i was even more surprised to so easily find just about every major release in theaters currently. but doesn't this happen during every oscar-consideration period?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,423
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

i was surprised at a couple of them. they are exact dvd copies with the digital-watermark warnings and all. i was even more surprised to so easily find just about every major release in theaters currently. but doesn't this happen during every oscar-consideration period?

Yep.....they seem to always come up with new technology to scare people/prevent them from abusing them, but it doesn't seem to work.
  • Options
    :D thank you... marley and me's buffering again :roll: but I'm really enjoying it so far.
    urgh... evil evil film... i'm never getting a dog :cry:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

dogs are great! it's most people that suck.
  • Options

dogs are great! it's most people that suck.
    i know... thats why the films evil :cry:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I just saw Seven Pounds and loved it....
  • Options
    I saw Gran Torino tonight, and it was fantastic. Last weekend I saw Milk, The Wrestler and Doubt, and they were all amazing, too. There are so many good ones out right now...we're going broke! :)
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:

So thats my pick!

Yeah only in IMAX. Jan 23-Feb 11. Oscar push.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}