I still plan on renting The Black Night :roll:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    I still plan on renting The Black Night :roll:

do you mean the dark knight?
    ;)

we have a netflix subscription so we watch a few films on DVD on the big screen at home a couple of nights a week! probably go to the movie theatre, on average, once a month. more often in colder months, less in the warmer....also b/c more good movies seem to come out in the colder months rather tahn the warmer, at least it seems to me. i love, love, love going to the movies....seeing movies at home....etc.....fantastic!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    milk is really really good, well worth a watch. i don;t think it's oscar worthy but ive a feeling it will win a few anyway
    on the other hand, I'm halfway through seven pounds and already it's one of the best films I've seen in a long time... gonna go out on a limb before I've seen the whole thing and say that I think Will Smith IS nearing that oscar. Have never been a major fan of his but he's great in this. But on the contrary to Milk I've a feeling it won't win any :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    dunkman wrote:
    jamie uk wrote:
    Last one was Bram Stoker's Dracula, the mid 90's film with Gary Oldman etc. Excellent cast, decent film, forgotten how good it was...and some nice boobies occassionally :twisted:

Tomorrow I'm gonna watch Mask, the Cher movie rather than Jim Carrey's....don't know why, but something here tonight made me think of it. :lol:

i'm going to write a movie in which the lead role is played by a ginger guy in his 20's, who is going bald, and he thinks he's mister lover lover but in actuality he wanks into bags of microwaved liver every 4 hours... i'm gonna call it Ron Howard's Fantasia!

i'll probably end up watching Trainspotting instead. :roll:

I'd watch that :|
    Do you think you have time to make a movie, and change your avater 18.7 times per day? :lol:
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    milk is really really good, well worth a watch. i don;t think it's oscar worthy but ive a feeling it will win a few anyway
    on the other hand, I'm halfway through seven pounds and already it's one of the best films I've seen in a long time... gonna go out on a limb before I've seen the whole thing and say that I think Will Smith IS nearing that oscar. Have never been a major fan of his but he's great in this. But on the contrary to Milk I've a feeling it won't win any :(

seriously?
    i basically thought it was rather crap, all the way round. :| definitely not oscar worthy at all imo.
    glad i didn't pay to go see it, got a preview DVD.

i don't think you and i would make very good movie-going friends - seemingly such different tastes, overall, haha.

i WANT to see milk, but mr. dream already did...another preview DVD, so i'll have to wait on that.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options

seriously?
    i basically thought it was rather crap, all the way round. :| definitely not oscar worthy at all imo.
    glad i didn't pay to go see it, got a preview DVD.

i don't think you and i would make very good movie-going friends - seemingly such different tastes, overall, haha.

i WANT to see milk, but mr. dream already did...another preview DVD, so i'll have to wait on that.
    hahaha absolutely we would not make good movie going friends :D milk is good, definitely worth a watch but nothing amazing... I don't think I'll remember it in a few months :( Looking forward to seeing frost/nixon though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Just saw Gran Torino.

Good flick. Will probably check out Valkyrie (sp?) or Milk next
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    so when seven pounds is finished do I watch gran torino or changeling?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

I found that Gran Torino just whizzed by really quickly, and the Changeling is something different. Personally I found Seven pounds a bit light weight, and Milk...well, a bit off I thought.

;)
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:

I found that Gran Torino just whizzed by really quickly, and the Changeling is something different. Personally I found Seven pounds a bit light weight, and Milk...well, a bit off I thought.

;)
    :D I see you've spent your day doing worthwhile stuff. I thought seven pounds was really really good :( yeh, milk was a bit off. So then gran torino or changeling? Or something else?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    AND... the curious case of benjamin button it IS :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    well, it's a strange tale that, frankly needed more zip.
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    well, it's a strange tale that, frankly needed more zip.
    :D shut it you! What's your take on Frost/Nixon? Just watched that... and it's definitely better than milk. I think Frank Langella could surprise people.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life