What will you miss most from the old pit

Comments

• CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Kat wrote:
    I would also like to see the Birthdays on the Board Index reinstated :geek:

Us too...we like sending Happy Birthday wishes! Checking on that with IT. :)

Best,
    Kat

this is good news:) I like birthdays! they have cake :P
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    DR49727 wrote:
    being able to preview posts by putting your cursor over...

THIS!!!!

And also... Do we have the option to change the skin on this board?

I hate the look of this board... so F*ing annoying to view!!!!

Keeps me from being glued to the board though... and no i won't get used to it.. i only viewed the other board in avo light or festivus.... HATED viewing that in the other skins too....
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    DR49727 wrote:
    being able to preview posts by putting your cursor over...
    Ditto!

~

Too bad both boards can’t co-exist. The Helter Skelter that ensued when something big happened was every entertaining.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Kat wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:

Yeah, I've done that, but no email notification. :?:

Did you select

X Notify me when a reply is posted

at the bottom of your post in the Options area?

Best,
    Kat
    Thanks Kat! I appreciate it.
  • Kat wrote:
    I would also like to see the Birthdays on the Board Index reinstated :geek:

Us too...we like sending Happy Birthday wishes! Checking on that with IT. :)

Best,
    Kat
    Good to hear. Thanks :):D Btw, your join date is my wedding anniversary - awesome day :D

Very good to hear! My birthday is only 13 days away... I'd like it to be fixed for then please! 8-)

:mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965

Very good to hear! My birthday is only 13 days away... I'd like it to be fixed for then please! 8-)

:mrgreen:
    Well, just in case it isn't, Happy Early Birthday! :mrgreen:
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • BronyBrony Posts: 628
    def just the scrolling over a thread....
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Feature from the old board that need to be implemented here:
    Rollover thread to preview
    Better color schemes - easier on the eyes
    Check mark or different thread icon for threads you've posted in
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    Idiot proof format

that was for me the best thing :?
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    The trading from the old board doesn't seem appropriate here ;)
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    I'm going to miss all the people that are excluded from posting here, and the layout. I like the new design, but it's more of a pain to have to lookm to the right to see whose posting, whereas the old forum had the name right above the post. (Some/most forums usually put the avatar/postcount/name/etc info on the left, so it's the first thing you see when reading left to right)
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • i miss quite a few things:

firstly, board skin choice! this place is FAR too flashy, most especially the giant banners top and bottom. we need a 'faux-excel' skin.....a 'stealthy skin'...whatever you want to call it, just something PLAIN and semi-businesslike for those who post from work.

i miss the mouse-over preview function BIG-TIME!!!

no more birthday listings....no really good memberlist.........errrrr.....think that's it. dunno.

oh...i miss SPEED! this place is soooo slow in comparision. i hate having to click on a thing to be able to go and see your post right after making it. i miss the little symbol showing you that you posted in a thread, i miss the little chek mark next to threads you subscribed to.

oh and i was a marker in the sand when the board closed.....altho in reality, if my boardnames were combined and accurate ;)...i'd have been 1/2 full.....how appropriate. :P
    i'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • ALSO miss being able to search for threads created by user, not just posts......much more time consuming.
    there was something else in my mind, but now....*poof!*....already gone, damnnit..... :lol: :evil:
    i'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    People :(
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    has anybody mentioned the constant logging in? usually i could just bookmark the page and be logged in...now we have to go through the homepage and login all the time....maybe im doing wrong but it seems trivial anyhow.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    StonEd67 wrote:
    The trading from the old board doesn't seem appropriate here ;)

If we play by the rules here, it can work out!
    Live audio b+p'ing & trading .. is fine with me! 8-)
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    has anybody mentioned the constant logging in? usually i could just bookmark the page and be logged in...now we have to go through the homepage and login all the time....maybe im doing wrong but it seems trivial anyhow.
    I've had trouble with that on and off. Some times I stay logged in and other times I don't. I don't get it either but I'm glad it's just a simple click. :? :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • dpmaydpmay Posts: 643
    one thing i will miss is when you put your mouse over a thread title the old pit showed a preview of what it said so you didn't have to open it. the new one just says new posts or something.

fuckin' amen to this!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    The mouse-over preview.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:
    The mouse-over preview.

Ohh nice one! I'm going to miss that too.
    Also going to miss my post count. Looks like I'm starting from scratch here.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    friends! members user's name that i would see each day. faces that matched those user names i met on the ed/pj '08 tour! it was fun! :)

it's a new year, a new board, new record coming out!
    it's gonna be sweet, yet again!

8-)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    demetrios wrote:
    it's a new year, a new board, new record coming out!
    it's gonna be sweet, yet again!

8-)

AGREED!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • The only thing that bothers me,and its not that big of a deal is that when i log in with my user name of dave grolsch and i,m welcomed back as dave grolsch,but as soon as i post i,m cs247979. :?:
    I think this new board is great already and is obviously gonna get better,if some people are keeping away because of a new post button missing,or whatever seems strange to me, :?
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708

I find the opposite happening. It never logs me out unless I manually log out.
    NERDS!
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    aNiMaL wrote:
    As far as the board itself goes, I want the birthday announcements back.

oh yeah....I liked that. :cry:
    Scrap that - we got our birthday announcements back. :mrgreen:
  • justam wrote:
    The mouse-over preview.

- My old username (PJSEMPRE)
  • Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    1. Hovering over a thread title to get the first sentence or so of the first post.
    2. Adjusting how many posts show up per page within a thread.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069

oh...i miss SPEED! this place is soooo slow in comparision. i hate having to click on a thing to be able to go and see your post right after making it. i miss the little symbol showing you that you posted in a thread, i miss the little chek mark next to threads you subscribed to.
    P

At first I thought you said you missed SPEEDY! ! :)

I miss what everyone else has already mentioned AND when you get an email about a reply it used to show the actual reply made...I liked that.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    dpmay wrote:
    one thing i will miss is when you put your mouse over a thread title the old pit showed a preview of what it said so you didn't have to open it. the new one just says new posts or something.

fuckin' amen to this!
    AMEN!!!
    #FHP
  • JD5434JD5434 Posts: 3
    MS271966 wrote:
    my old post count
    my old username
    non ten clubbers posting
    the post count names

amen. i don't like it here. it's elitist (ten clubbers only, for fucks sake), it's too complicated (keep it simple stupid), it's frustrating (i can logon using my old name but can't post with it and can't change this dumb name/number - wtf?!)
    y'know, i miss everything about the old pit and i wish they'd never forced this change on us! yes, yes i know some people don't like change but i usually don't mind - this time tho...this is just dumbass.

bye

(from the artist formerly known as knitted)