Options

What will you miss most from the old pit

124»

Comments

• Options
    JD5434JD5434 Posts: 3
    oh yeah - and i just noticed my 'join date'. obviously sposed to be the ten club join date, not forum join date...and it's wrong anyway - i joined in 95... faaark. (grinds teeth in frustration, throws toys out of cot, chooses another band to listen to today)
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    JD5434 wrote:
    oh yeah - and i just noticed my 'join date'. obviously sposed to be the ten club join date, not forum join date...and it's wrong anyway - i joined in 95... faaark. (grinds teeth in frustration, throws toys out of cot, chooses another band to listen to today)
    Just email the 10c and they will sync your accounts up so you can get your name back. The date isn't the 10c join date, it's the pit at least for the majority. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,198
    wolfbear wrote:
    JD5434 wrote:
    Just email the 10c and they will sync your accounts up so you can get your name back. The date isn't the 10c join date, it's the pit at least for the majority. :)

Yep! It's the pit's join date! As they started back in '98! Year later I got logged into the Matrix! :shock:
  • Options
    PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    I sometimes miss the old "Southern Thread" when we all "pleaded" our case to have Pearl Jam visit the South. It finally happened! So - I understand why the tread was "laid to rest" It was time.
    I don't "post" often - but do "check in" once in awhile. I certainly don't miss the "snakebites" some people gave to Southern Pearl Jam fans. We DO exist! I also have much respect for younger Pearl Jam fans.....However - Respect remains a two-way street. I was raised on "Beatles" music. I was just a few days short of turning 17 when John Lennon was murdered. I was young once, too. And I also still have the ability to respect bands I LOVE AS WELL!. My husband and I will always love Pearl Jam's music...and will always continue to do so.
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    aNiMaL wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    As far as the board itself goes, I want the birthday announcements back.

oh yeah....I liked that. :cry:
    Scrap that - we got our birthday announcements back. :mrgreen:
    And a funny message when you hover on that section (instead of the Birdy)

just noticed they added the albums covers in the available default avatars too.

And the friends/foe list on 'notebook' paper in your profile (otoh, the profiles of others are still listing very little info..there's someone in my friends list I don't know who it is :| )
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    The format, I like the old look better, easier and quicker to read through posts, this is kinda confusing :?
    Plus the page load speed.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,780
    one thing i will miss is when you put your mouse over a thread title the old pit showed a preview of what it said so you didn't have to open it. the new one just says new posts or something.

absolutely

that was one of the first things I noticed and I was not happy that the feature was not included on this site
  • Options
    I miss not having to log in every time. Since I only come here when I'm on my home computer, I never had to log out of the old pit. Now I can go away and come back 10 minutes later and have to log back on.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    Birthdays are now showing on the Forum front page but only if you add it to your forum profile...you don't have to add the year for it to appear. :)

xo
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    FoxyMopFoxyMop Posts: 303
    wolfbear wrote:
    has anybody mentioned the constant logging in? usually i could just bookmark the page and be logged in...now we have to go through the homepage and login all the time....maybe im doing wrong but it seems trivial anyhow.
    I've had trouble with that on and off. Some times I stay logged in and other times I don't. I don't get it either but I'm glad it's just a simple click. :? :)
    I was wondering about that too. And just a simple click? Tell that to everyone on ticket day when they're getting logged in and out! :lol: :roll: ;)
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,565
    FoxyMop wrote:
    I was wondering about that too. And just a simple click? Tell that to everyone on ticket day when they're getting logged in and out! :lol: :roll: ;)

Aw, fuck!! that's gonna be a true pain in the ass! How hard is it to just add a simple "keep me logged in" checkbox?
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    I'll miss the having to use ascii art in my sig.

I miss my bag phone too.

:mrgreen:
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    anakin_pdx wrote:
    I miss not having to log in every time. Since I only come here when I'm on my home computer, I never had to log out of the old pit. Now I can go away and come back 10 minutes later and have to log back on.

I don't have to log in every time I come on my home computer, and I think I don't have to on my work one too, but I could be wrong.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    FoxyMop wrote:

Aw, fuck!! that's gonna be a true pain in the ass! How hard is it to just add a simple "keep me logged in" checkbox?
    I think it's just the community that does that though? It seems I'm always logged in to the main page where we'll be trying for tickets. :) At least I hope so! :lol:
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    one thing i will miss is when you put your mouse over a thread title the old pit showed a preview of what it said so you didn't have to open it. the new one just says new posts or something.

absolutely

that was one of the first things I noticed and I was not happy that the feature was not included on this site

that's my thing that I miss most, too. grrrr
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693

absolutely

that's my thing that I miss most, too. grrrr

I know being able to see the preview when you put the mouse over the thread title saved me a lot from reading stupid threads.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."