Kings of Leon...

Comments

• sailboatcaptainsailboatcaptain San Juan, Puerto Rico Posts: 251
    saw them in Lolla 07, WPB & Tampa 08 fuc*ing amazing. Have all their albums, being Because of the times my favorite. Have to say that "Crawl" from the new album is my favorite song.

Don't ever need to 'pologize
    As your lips unfold
    Shaken purple from the cold

You better learn to crawl
    You better learn to crawl
    Before I walk away
    Before I walk away

You broke my mouth
    The bloody bits are spitting out
    Is your grave unscathed
    The worm is counting down the days

He wants to see you crawl
    He wants to see you crawl
    Before I walk away
    Before I walk away

The reds and the whites and abused
    The crucified USA
    As their depocrisy unfolds
    Oh hell is truly on its way

As the rat, and the fly
    They're searching for an alibi
    As we await the wrath
    They never went to Sunday Mass

They want to see us crawl
    They want to see us crawl
    Before they walk away
    Before they walk away

The reds and the whites and abused
    The crucified USA
    As their depocrisy unfolds
    Oh hell is truly on its way
    a WAVE came crashing like a fist to the jaw !
    WPB 03,Tampa 03,Camden 03,MSG1 03,Kissimmee 04,Lollapalooza 07, WPB 08,Tampa 08,Chicago 2009 (night 1 & 2), MSG 1 & 2 May 2010. PJ20 Sept 3 & 4 2011, Midtown Festival Sept 2012, Brooklyn Oct 18 & 19 2013, Ft Lauderdale 2016 and Miami 2016, Brooklyn, NY 2017
  • mavimavi Posts: 941
    im glad the kings havent made it huge here in the USA. basically, if youre not R&B or top 40 then you dont make it huge here. fine with me, it means i get to see the Kings of Leon in small clubs still! but in europe they are playing monster stadiums and sold out shows....
    I don't think there's gonna be Kings of Leon in small venues anymore, even in the USA. They're playing MSG in January... and they're climbing up the charts everywhere.
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • mavi wrote:
    I don't think there's gonna be Kings of Leon in small venues anymore, even in the USA. They're playing MSG in January... and they're climbing up the charts everywhere.
    well they just played the rave in milwaukee three weeks ago, which is basically a club. and they the show wasn't sold out.

i know they sell out clubs in chicago and such. but they do still play clubs
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • im getting my tickets for their rod laver arena show in march tomorrow ^__^

pumped
    ..how did it come to this?
  • They may be better than Pearl Jam.
  • I heard some of their old stuff and really did not like it. I'll download the new one ILLEGALLY and check it out. :D I don't buy from bands that I have no respect for.
    Nathan
  • Vookie23 wrote:
    On one night the crowd was chanting for them to sing one of there songs but from what I remember Caleb said it wan't on the set list or it wasn't rehearsed.

that was adelaide 1. the fans up the front were yellin for soft.

they played it at adelaide 2... who knows if the same people were there the 2nd night though!
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    that was adelaide 1. the fans up the front were yellin for soft.

they played it at adelaide 2... who knows if the same people were there the 2nd night though!
    Heh, tiny Megan started it.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Hinny wrote:

so at least she and joel were there the 2nd night!
  • Hinny wrote:
    Haha...pocket Rocket :D
  • mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    I see how the new disc is much more accessible. Safe to say most KOL fans (myself included) find the newest disc pretty disappointing - but, glad to see it is earning the band new fans. Great band
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    KOL are HUGE here in Aus.

Unfortunately I'm definitely NOT a fan :( So the fact that everytime I turn on the radio or one of the music chanels - it's KOL and it's driving me nuts! :eek:

Really happy that they've finally hit the big time, though :) They've suddenly gained a LOT of new fans :)

Just turned on the radio then and guess what was playing, a Kings of Leon song. I thought they were just another rock band when I saw them 3 times with PJ but it seems they've hit the big time with hit single and album in this country. Hopefully PJ helped them get there through having them as their support in '03.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    And WTF is this 'band wagon' everyone's bitchin about ? :rolleyes: Is that the people who might not have paid much attention to KOL before or heard of them and have only recently been introduced to them and like them? Are new fans not 'real' fans or something?
    Isn't that the aim of a music artist.....to gain new fans (as well as keep the existing ones).
    Is it a way for long time fans to act like they're better (for some reason) because they have liked them for longer?

*coughelitistscough* :rolleyes:

Don't worry about the bandwagon, I just jumped off of it :)
    NERDS!
  • pjamaholic wrote:
    Just turned on the radio then and guess what was playing, a Kings of Leon song. I thought they were just another rock band when I saw them 3 times with PJ but it seems they've hit the big time with hit single and album in this country. Hopefully PJ helped them get there through having them as their support in '03.
    Yeah....they're HUGE here!
    I wish I was a fan :rolleyes: I'm spending a lot of time turning the radio OFF and changing TV chanel these days...haha....and it's only going to get worse when they tour here next year :eek:

I definitely think PJ were a help in getting them some more exposure.....no doubt KOL have worked their butts off, but a little help never goes astray in this industry :)
  • I was suckered into them finally after hearing "sex on fire" a million times on the radio. I tried getting into them numerous times and couldn't. I just thought they flat out sucked. Now I downloaded their new cd (couldn't see myself buying something I originally hated) and like it alot. I thought they were terrible, but Only By Night is very good. Closer, Crawl, Sex On Fire, Be Somebody, Use Somebody are all kick ass songs.

This was kinda my point, it is an amazing cd and was shocked that it was something I ended up liking so much. There are very few CDs that I can say are good from begining to end and this is one!

Pearl Jam has a lot to do with thier success and thats why I posted this on here...

CAN YOU SAY BUMP!
    ..BUMP, BUMP....
    9/29/1996 NY
    9/1&2/2000 Camden
    7/6/2003 Camden
    5/27/2006 Camden 6/1&3/2006 NJ
    6/19/2008 Camden, 6/22/2008 Washington DC, 6/25/2008 NY
    8/7/2008 Eddie Vedder NJ, 6/11/2008 Eddie Vedder Philly (3rd Row! Thanks 10c!!)
    10/28,30&31/2009 Philly
  • i bought the newest album

sex on fire is ok and track #9 is entertaining.

rest is sucky.

voice is brutal
    lyrics are below average
  • covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,326
    I've tried to get into the last 2 albums but I don't like them as much as the eariler stuff.

It's a little disappointing.... their sound just isn't what it used to be.

Still love them, though.
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    cold desert is one of the best songs i have heard this year
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    KOL sounds like a bad '80s band.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
    cold desert is one of the best songs i have heard this year

Definitely the best of the 3 good songs on that album. :)
    NERDS!
  • that was adelaide 1. the fans up the front were yellin for soft.

yeh that was me, i was yelling for '3am'

oh wait..

you know this whole bandwagon thing really shits me. this is why i get uncomfortable when people ask me what music i like 'cos those *cough* elitists *cough* just about ruin it..
    wah
  • this is why i get uncomfortable when people ask me what music i like 'cos those *cough* elitists *cough* just about ruin it..

curse those M20 elitists!
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Definitely the best of the 3 good songs on that album. :)

cold desert
    closer
    manhattan

thats it on the new album.. the rest sucks.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    Zoso wrote:
    cold desert
    closer
    manhattan

thats it on the new album.. the rest sucks.

Ooops, forgot about Manhattan. I'd add Crawl to the list.

So make it 4 good songs.

It's not that I don't like the new direction. I thought Because of the Times was fantastic. This effort sounds very rushed and uninspiring, Kind of like their live show :D
    NERDS!
  • KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    racecar wrote:
    Their newest CD actually sounds nothing like the other CDs. The new one definitely has more of an arena rock atmosphere to it. I agree with the earlier post that Aha Shake is their best work; beginning to end, that album is awesome.

Absolutely agreed. It is such a great rockin' album.
    The new one isnt my favorite, though it has got some good songs.

A lot of "old" fans on the KOL forum really hate the new album, some of them even see it as a sell out.
    I dont, but i do think their sound has become a little less original.
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • FastrichieFastrichie Sandy Hook, CT Posts: 915
    I saw them last Saturday in Philly at The Electric Factory. Pretty small place. They put on a really good show. Everyone for the most part knew all the words to every song. I'm seeing them at MSG and looking forward to it. But it was cool to see them few times in a small place like that. I only became a fan last year after Lolla. Saw them at a really small place here in CT last year too.
    Still kicking myself in the ass I didn't go to the city to see PJ at all those small shows they played.
    04/06/94 Springfield, 04/17/94 NYC, 10/02/96 Hartford, 11/14/97 Oakland, 09/08/98 NJ, 09/10/98 MSG, 09/11/98 MSG, 09/13/98 Hartford, 08/24/00 Jones Beach, 08/25/00 Jones Beach 04/30/03 Uniondale, 07/08/03 MSG, 07/09/03 MSG, 09/28/04 Boston, 10/01/05 Borgata, 10/03/05 Philly, 05/13/06 Hartford 05/25/06 Boston, 06/01/06 NJ, 06/03/06 NJ, 08/05/07 Chicago, 06/24/08 MSG, 06/25/08 MSG, 06/27/08 Hartford, 06/30/08 Mansfield, 07/01/08 The Beacon, 08/21/09 Toronto, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 05/15/2010 Hartford, 05/17/2010 Boston, 05/20/2010 MSG, 05/21/2010 MSG, Montreal 09/07/2011, Philly 09/01/2012, Wrigley 07/19-20,2013, Worcester 10/16/13, Brooklyn 10/18, Brooklyn 10/19/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Ed Sullivan 09/23/2015, Central Park 09/26/2015 Philly 04/29/2016. MSG 05/01/2016, MSG 05/02/2016, Fenway 08/05/2016, Fenway 08/07/2016, Brooklyn 04/07/2017, Seattle 08/08/2018, Seattle 08/10/2018, Chicago 08/20/2018, Fenway 09/02/2018, Fenway 09/04/2018, Asbury Park 09/18/2021, Apollo Theater 09/10/2022, MSG 09/11/2022, Camden 09/14/2022

• inmytree1380inmytree1380 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Posts: 155
    It amazes me how they aren't huge in the States. I'm from Pittsburgh but currently living in Dublin, Ireland, and KOL are absolutely huge over here. It is really interesting to see how they and other bands are perceived in different parts of the world.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2003: Pittsburgh
    2004: Toledo
    2005: Pittsburgh
    2006: Cleveland, Pittsburgh
    2008: D.C.
    2009: Toronto, Philly IV
    2010: Cleveland
    2011: East Troy I & II
    2013: Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Baltimore
    2014: Austin I
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Hampton, Philly II, Chicago II
  • curse those M20 elitists!

yeeeeeeeeeeeee-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh your joke is awn fiiii-yuh

looks like Manhattan is the 3rd single
    wah
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    Yeah....they're HUGE here!
    I wish I was a fan :rolleyes: I'm spending a lot of time turning the radio OFF and changing TV chanel these days...haha....and it's only going to get worse when they tour here next year :eek:

I definitely think PJ were a help in getting them some more exposure.....no doubt KOL have worked their butts off, but a little help never goes astray in this industry :)
    Definitely agree with you there.

I had heard of KOL but never heard the songs, until I saw them open for PJ in 06. Next day I went out and bought Youth and Young Manhood, so in that respect PJ DEFINITELY brought the exposure to me.

Kaine and I were talking about the publicity of KOL on Sat night (hic) and we were saying the same thing....no-one starts a band to NOT make money or to NOT get exposure...
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    yeeeeeeeeeeeee-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh your joke is awn fiiii-yuh

looks like Manhattan is the 3rd single
    I think you mean...Mayan-hattay-uhn ;):D

Getting my tix on wednesday *claps*
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed