Options

Roommate Advice

2»

Comments

• Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    The next time you see her, maybe act completely normal with her, like 'hey, wanna go out for pizza?' (or whatever) and see if she responds. If she says yes, go with her, and talk about normal stuff and don't bring up the fight. Sometimes its best just to move on, and someone has to make the first step. Maybe she dug herself into this and wishes she could get out of it. Not everything has to be talked into the ground.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I am soooooo sick of people like this....your roommate that is...

Also, I hate when people say "try apologizing a little harder". Flowers, chocolates etc....SCREW THAT! You did the right thing. You apologized a couple of times. No need to apologize more! I am sick of people saying yeah but she's passionate....she's sensitive....You do not have to cater to these idiots. Tell her to wear a helmet. Life gets much harder than this!

Fuck her brother and be done with it.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    Danimal wrote:

Also, I hate when people say try "apologizing a little harder". Flowers, chocolates etc....SCREW THAT! You did the right thing. You apologized a couple of times. No need to apologize more! I am sick of people saying yeah but she's passionate....she's sensitive....You do not have to cater to these idiots. Tell her to wear a helmet. Life gets much harder than this!

Now that is the best solution that I've heard yet. 'Fuck her brother and be done with it.' Priceless, frigin' priceless.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Danimal wrote:

Also, I hate when people say try "apologizing a little harder". Flowers, chocolates etc....SCREW THAT! You did the right thing. You apologized a couple of times. No need to apologize more! I am sick of people saying yeah but she's passionate....she's sensitive....You do not have to cater to these idiots. Tell her to wear a helmet. Life gets much harder than this!

That is so rock and roll!

Her bf and her exbf would put an exclamation on it.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    UPDATE:

The silence has finally ended.
    An opportunity to make a gesture presented itself and I took it. The Raptors won last night...and there is a promotion whereby if they score 100 points or more, you take yer ticket stub to Pizza Pizza in the next 24 hrs for a free slice. I found 2 stubs after the game last night so on my way home from work I went and got us each a slice.

She didn't eat it at first so I put it in the fridge...she later came out and asked me a quick question and I noticed the bitchiness gone so I asked if we were now cool and she said yes.
    Turns out it was over the DVD thing but she's ok now. Said thats how she is...she gets pissed...gets quiet and takes a long time to get it out of her system but that eventually she does get over things.
    We then talked for 2 hours about other shit going on with us...like we used too. She ate her pizza during that converation too :D

Its nice not to have a war zone in my home anymore.

Thanks for all the advice everyone.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Wow, I'm glad to hear that... see... pizza solves SO many problems :D you did well.

She sounds fucking annoying but I've known people like that too who were worth getting through the annoying shit. Others weren't so I got rid of them but some people are. It's just crazy... but if that's how she is it's how she is. I love that feeling though when you've fallen out with a friend and then when you make up and it's all relief and laughing more than usual and laughing at how stupid you've been and stuff!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    UPDATE:

An opportunity to make a gesture presented itself and I took it. The Raptors won last night...and there is a promotion whereby if they score 100 points or more, you take yer ticket stub to Pizza Pizza in the next 24 hrs for a free slice. I found 2 stubs after the game last night so on my way home from work I went and got us each a slice.

She didn't eat it at first so I put it in the fridge...she later came out and asked me a quick question and I noticed the bitchiness gone so I asked if we were now cool and she said yes.
    Turns out it was over the DVD thing but she's ok now. Said thats how she is...she gets pissed...gets quiet and takes a long time to get it out of her system but that eventually she does get over things.
    We then talked for 2 hours about other shit going on with us...like we used too. She ate her pizza during that converation too :D

I'm glad it was resolved in a good way. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    UPDATE:

We get Chalupa's when we score a hundred points. I'd rather have pizza :( :D

I'm guessing you won't score 100 pts on Sunday, so stay away from the ACC :)

Glad your situation is resolved. Roommate tension is the worst kind.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    UPDATE:

Man, I'd hate to see if this woman had real problems. She'd be a wreck.

Glad to see it's better. That would make me want to never be home.

Word.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    Man, I'd hate to see if this woman had real problems. She'd be a wreck.

Glad to see it's better. That would make me want to never be home.

Word.

OMG Fanch it soo did. I was lucky this last week was a busy one for me both from work and I went out with a friend one night.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz