Options

I am so incredibly depressed.

2»

Comments

• Options
    I understand what you mean ForestBrain. It seems most people missed your point but when you're feeling low, it's hard to find the motivation to do anything. Even things you'd normally love. :eek:
  • Options
    Yep, yep, MC!
    I'm bipolar and this happens a lot. Right now, I'm feeling better. haha, we'll see how long it lasts. Thanks everybody for your kind words. I will try not to start another depression thread, but I cannot make any promises for my other side. :D
    When life gives you lemons, throw them at somebody.
  • Options
    sj.brodiesj.brodie Posts: 468
    So, I am so depressed I cannot even work on my book. I love reading. I adore writing. Yet for all of this, whenever I go to work on my book I have no incentive; no drive. I'm in a slump. I just want to sit in a corner and stare at a wall. Depression sucks.

You could try to alleviate your depression by READING books as opposed to writing them (just for now) I recommend:

Jack London - White Fang
    Jon Krakauer - Into The Wild (accompanied by the soundtrack)
    Leo Tolstoy - The Kingdom Of God Is Within You

Stop what you're doing, shut down the computer and pick up a book. And treat yourself to a cup of tea. You deserve it!
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    genie wrote:
    ooohhh, lets start talking about who's life is more shitter! :D i'll start :D

ok, so i don't have a job, jobs i'm applying for i have no passion for ( and it's my fault completely ), i have no boyfriend, and i have little amount of friends...and bla bla bla........and i don't feel depressed!!!! probably due to the fact that it doesn't bother me and i've got ambition......just haven't got enought energy.

but i sure as hell wouldn't want to be in debt with anyone and have no job whilst living in US. here is a funny idea i've heard people do that, take out another loan in live on this money until you think you will get a job.....and then 3 weeks or something before starting your new job declare yourself bankrupt. :D

or another idea is just run away from your debts....
    It's not just my financial debt that I'm pissed off about, it's my personality that I can't change.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    It's not just my financial debt that I'm pissed off about, it's my personality that I can't change.

You can change yourself to be a bit more positive if you really want to. It depends how bad you want to change, I think. :) Or maybe just see a doctor if it's effecting your life?
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i've been in a weird state in that i feel creative but because my hand is all fucked up i can't draw :( sorta the reverse of creative block. just feeling like a blockhead lol i didn't realize not being able to draw would have upset me so...it's really done a number on me.

sometimes a way to work thru a block is to find another mode of expression, changing one's eyes out to a different way of thinking. that's what i'm trying to do myself anyway just to get something out. drawing with my left hand has been 'interesting' lol
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Yep, yep, MC!
    I'm bipolar and this happens a lot. Right now, I'm feeling better. haha, we'll see how long it lasts. Thanks everybody for your kind words. I will try not to start another depression thread, but I cannot make any promises for my other side. :D
    If you are diagnosed bi-polar, are you medicated??
    Bi-polar is not something to just dismiss and ride the high tide and complain about the low time.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I'm a writer so I totally understand writers block (and depression, too). In my blackest moods, music seems to help pull me out. As for your writing, I find if I keep at it, the writing actually makes me feel better. Force yourself to write a page of something one day, it can be total shit. One of my writing teachers called it "vomiting on the page." But when you let yourself go, sometimes you find good work along with the vomit. Seriously. Check out some writing classes - UCLA Extension has great online classes (you never have to see anybody).

Good luck to you.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    valuim
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    one word....

XANAX.....
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    MrSmith wrote:
    tom cruise can help you

Tom Cruise needs some valium....wow what a looney toon.

of course he doesn't believe in medication..
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    yeah, it sucks, ive been there. . .hang in there, things will get better. . .something that always helps me is just going out and appreciating and seeing the beauty of nature, not sure what its like over there in texas but im sure there are some nice things to see. . .there's always the stars to stare at on a clear night. . .there's inspiration to be found there. . .
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER