Options

I am so incredibly depressed.

ForestBrainForestBrain Posts: 460
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
So, I am so depressed I cannot even work on my book. I love reading. I adore writing. Yet for all of this, whenever I go to work on my book I have no incentive; no drive. I'm in a slump. I just want to sit in a corner and stare at a wall. Depression sucks.
When life gives you lemons, throw them at somebody.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    If I can come out of it mate, you can. And I am...

Maybe use this as an incentive: I've finished my book, ner ner ner ner ;)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    I know how you feel...

I am not depressed...I don't think...but I am defiitely in a writing slump...I used to be able to write 1-3 good songs per week...I have only written about 10 so-so songs in the last year.

Lack of time?...maybe...I dunno...
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    I used to be able to write 1-3 good songs per week...I have only written about 10 so-so songs in the last year.

Is that you Bono? :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    i hope you get in a better mood.

i spend my days in school writing songs and drawing fictional PJ posters :p
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    I'm not depressed because I have writer's block. I have writer's block because I'm depressed.
  • Options
    Is that you Bono? :D
    Kiss my ass! :D
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    depression doesnt exist.. well certainly not in the form of " i cant finish my book" ...but it might exist in a "i have no friends and like licking graves" state.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    depression doesnt exist.. well certainly not in the form of " i cant finish my book" ...but it might exist in a "i have no friends and like licking graves" state.

I was trying to say 'Just get on and finishing the fucking book Mr. Writer' but in a very nice way. But you put it so much better. :D

• Options
    dunkman wrote:
    Spoken like a true ignoramus.
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    So, I am so depressed I cannot even work on my book. I love reading. I adore writing. Yet for all of this, whenever I go to work on my book I have no incentive; no drive. I'm in a slump. I just want to sit in a corner and stare at a wall. Depression sucks.

There's a whole bunch of stuff that you're supposed to do to save yourself here Forest and it's really good advice, but I can't remember any of it right now. :confused::o Just hold on as best you can. I hope you're feeling better soon. And I'm really sorry this is happening to you.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Spoken like a true ignoramus.

thats a big word.. put it in your book that will never get published :)

i was trying to lighten the mood..

i'm done with all the misanthropy on here ... so good luck.. wait until you've got true depression

:rolleyes:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I have been working on a book for years....I never posted a "Im so depressed thread" about it..I'm sure I would have been ridiculed for it. But yeah, sorry you have writer's block.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    NOT SURE HOW TO EXPLAIN MY DEPRESSION, but it's not really sadness, instead, it's more of a frustration, anger and bitterness than anything.

well, to make you feel any better, I don't have a job right now and I'm in deep shit, financially. I don't have insurance at all and my state requires all residents to have one and I can be fine up $300 when I do my tax returns. I got a $120 monthly tuition payment, along with rents and other crap.

I honestly feel that I wasted my time in college for nothing. Can't even find a job I really want. Took me two months to actually get out and apply for jobs, even if I know I don't give a shit about that particular job.

If I wasn't in this situation, I probably wouldn't be online.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402

Everyone needs a change in their routine sometimes though.
    Perhaps you need a nap or a walk or some fun instead of writing today?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    NOT SURE HOW TO EXPLAIN MY DEPRESSION, but it's not really sadness, instead, it's more of a frustration, anger and bitterness than anything.

well, to make you feel any better, I don't have a job right now and I'm in deep shit, financially. I don't have insurance at all and my state requires all residents to have one and I can be fine up $300 when I do my tax returns. I got a $120 monthly tuition payment, along with rents and other crap.

I honestly feel that I wasted my time in college for nothing. Can't even find a job I really want. Took me two months to actually get out and apply for jobs, even if I know I don't give a shit about that particular job.

I feel for ya, man. What do you like doing?
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I feel for ya, man. What do you like doing?
    I studied arts and journalism during my college years. BIG FUCKING MISTAKE.

but like you, I love writing, though not in the areas of creative writing like yours. The thing is, I have terrible social and networking ability. Shit, I have a hard time getting along with my friends and family.

I had an internship with my local paper about a year and a half ago. I did all my work and showed on time, and the staff in the newsroom were friendly and supportive, but I just didn't feel comfortable. Mainly, because of my "self-criticism," I guess, that's what I call the problem. It affects the way I work and mingle with people. Kind of like the way Kobe Bryant is with his teammates, his teammates love him but he always isolate himself and keep to himself.

FUCK! Personality is so hard to change. It's worse when it becomes a burden in your way of living.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,879
    I have been having a very hard time doing any artwork since my Dad passed 2 years ago. My brain just doesn't seem to want to stay involved in a painting for some reason, and when it does it is not sustained for very long.

I agree it sucks the big one
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    I studied arts and journalism during my college years. BIG FUCKING MISTAKE.

but like you, I love writing, though not in the areas of creative writing like yours. The thing is, I have terrible social and networking ability. Shit, I have a hard time getting along with my friends and family.

I had an internship with my local paper about a year and a half ago. I did all my work and showed on time, and the staff in the newsroom were friendly and supportive, but I just didn't feel comfortable. Mainly, because of my "self-criticism," I guess, that's what I call the problem. It affects the way I work and mingle with people. Kind of like the way Kobe Bryant is with his teammates, his teammates love him but he always isolate himself and keep to himself.

FUCK! Personality is so hard to change. It's worse when it becomes a burden in your way of living.
    Mingling with people can be tricky when you just don't have it in you to do so. And then sometimes people don't get it and you end up feeling like a moron. Some people are really understanding, and then some people act like jerks.
    Work seems to be the worst of all. I have not been working much lately and I get very depressed when that happens because my life just has no routine. Who knew routine plays such a big role in our psyche?
    I'm thinking I need to forget about my book for a week and immerse myself in other things.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    what do you write?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812

Aaaw, come on
    *nudges with elbow*
    cheer up mate...could be worse...come on....:D
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    ^Thanks.
    I worked out. I read something. I'm watching basketball. Feeling better.

I'm writing a fantasy novel. :D
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:

Wow. You're speaking right to me. I'm working on becoming a doctor. I'm in my 3rd year of Undergraduate studies. I kind of put myself into a hole with poor grades my Freshman year due to a depression stemming from being away from home for the first extended period of time in my life. I get along really well with my parents though, so that's what made it really rough.

Now, I've alienated all of my friends except my roommate trying to get back to having a competitive resume for Medical School. The problem is, I've sort of learned to be bitter and can no longer remember how to get along with people. It's kind of ingrained in me that I like being alone and can't really shake my nerves or fake a smile in front of people I need to work with. Instead, I avoid people as much as I can.

Some might say that friends and relationships are too important to not be solely focused on your future, but all I've ever wanted to do was become a doctor - so what am I to do?

I've been doing a great job these last 2 years of being nearly perfect in school, but now I'm deathly afraid of getting into Medical School, having to work with others everyday, and not being able to. It's something I know I have to suck up and get over, but I'm terrified.

Good luck with everything - I feel for you.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    "the night was moist"
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    ^Thanks.
    I worked out. I read something. I'm watching basketball. Feeling better.

I'm writing a fantasy novel. :D

sink yourself into a puddle of ink.
    for you, it's the only way, true fact.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Listen, you have to keep on fighting..Keep your chin up..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    Maybe it's not that you're writing less song so much as it's that you're writing better songs. The average musician writes at most 1 or 2 of those in a lifetime.
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    LongRd. wrote:

ooohhh, lets start talking about who's life is more shitter! :D i'll start :D

ok, so i don't have a job, jobs i'm applying for i have no passion for ( and it's my fault completely ), i have no boyfriend, and i have little amount of friends...and bla bla bla........and i don't feel depressed!!!! probably due to the fact that it doesn't bother me and i've got ambition......just haven't got enought energy.

but i sure as hell wouldn't want to be in debt with anyone and have no job whilst living in US. here is a funny idea i've heard people do that, take out another loan in live on this money until you think you will get a job.....and then 3 weeks or something before starting your new job declare yourself bankrupt. :D

or another idea is just run away from your debts....
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222

instead of getting rid of your depression, embrace it and write a book about it :)

also don't be like those stupid people who take anti-depressant tablets
  • Options
    tom cruise can help you
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    MrSmith wrote:
    tom cruise can help you
    true dat.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"