Options

So do ya think hippiemom's running the place yet?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I was watering the Christmas tree yesterday... thoughts of Laura and her family heavy on my mind... a little silver bell ... hanging on the tree rang... tears came to my eyes again as I heard Ed... ringing the bell in San Diego... talking us into Long Road so beautifully... and I thought about a Pearl Jam Angel... Getting Her Wings Delivered...

I went for a walk with Laura in my heart... camera in freezing fingers... and thought about the beautifully amazing impact she made on so many people...

For Laura...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/NewBestFriend/emptybenchesre.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/NewBestFriend/emptybenchre.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/NewBestFriend/sunsetbirdre.jpg
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    Cheers!
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    :D

she was one of my most fave people to point and laugh with. :p also shared a lot of 'serious' stuff too.....and that beloved love of pearl jam. i just count myself as fortunate for having known her even just a little bit. while i never got the meet her out in the real world, we were both hoping to next tour :(......i just think if not for pearl jam and this board, i'd never have met her....so i thank all for the gift of her friendship.
    Absolutely... we're all better off for having known her, whether we met her or not I don't think is relevant cos once she was in our lives at ALL, it was just better! She knew if I was in a bad mood before even I did :D AND she knew how to make it ok. I'll miss her more than anything but maybe from now on, I'll stop and think 'what would hippiemom do?' before making bad decisions :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    Hahahaha, Helen!!!!

*highs five* I love this thread!!!

It feels so damn good to be laughing and being with PJ fans again. :)

Absolutely :) and it was YOU that got this thread going... so thanks :)

IamMine wrote:
    You know what I've always admired about Laura? Her ability to debate but still maintaining respect for people!
    I know... I still have no idea how she could do that. I'm completely incapable :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Collin wrote:
    This thread needs to be on page one.

:)
    three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Yeah... Laura was an Atheist in that she didn't buy into all that God stuff we are told by the Churches. She was sort of like me... that the spirit is something all possess and that cannot be destroyed.
    I like to think her spirit has moved off of the confines of this planet, this level of conscienceness and is now calls the Universe her home. Those who know her... she will visit them in their dreams.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Cosmo wrote:
    Yeah... Laura was an Atheist in that she didn't buy into all that God stuff we are told by the Churches. She was sort of like me... that the spirit is something all possess and that cannot be destroyed.
    I like to think her spirit has moved off of the confines of this planet, this level of conscienceness and is now calls the Universe her home. Those who know her... she will visit them in their dreams.

In that case, I'm in a long ass line for her to get in my dreams! Ah, I'm used to it...but it's worth the wait! :)

I thought about Laura a lot when I was sweating my ass off on the final exams, especially in Philosophy of Ethics.
    I wished I could write as well as she did when presenting arguments.

I've got one more test tonight and then I'm gonna drink some wine cooler!!!

Hey, dreamn!

Liam (DarkStar) was kind enough to caption the song, "Smile" for me over the weekend and that's the first video I'm gonna watch/listen to tonight 'cause it gives me full access!

Here it is:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4055838686526803174

That DID make me smile big time on Saturday....but I did not realize that was the day Laura died, though. :( Most of us found out on Monday.

I feel bad about that but there is some irony in there? It was the first time anyone has ever captioned a PJ video for me and it really meant a lot lot lot lot to me!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    IamMine wrote:
    In that case, I'm in a long ass line for her to get in my dreams! Ah, I'm used to it...but it's worth the wait! :)

I thought about Laura a lot when I was sweating my ass off on the final exams, especially in Philosophy of Ethics.

Hey, dreamn!

Liam (DarkStar) was kind enough to caption the song, "Smile" for me over the weekend and that's the first video I'm gonna watch/listen to tonight 'cause it gives me full access!

Here it is:

That DID make me smile big time on Saturday....but I did not realize that was the day Laura died, though. :( Most of us found out on Monday.

I feel bad about that but there is some irony in there? It was the first time anyone has ever captioned a PJ video for me and it really meant a lot lot lot lot to me!
    That's awesome! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:

Hey, dreamn!

Here it is:

actually, i think that is a beautiful testament to laura's spirit...well-done liam! b/c that is *just* the sort of thing laura would do, so generous with her pj lovin'. i know last christmas she sent me completely by surprise 4 of the 5 italian shows, fan-made dvds. she knew i was there and would love to have em, talk about sweet! yet she went on about the pj magnet i sent her. :o pales in comparison, hahaha.

sharp wit, intelligent, righteous and caring, full of integrity/respect...but didn't suffer fools gladly.....and on and on......just an amazing human being. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    jamainiac wrote:
    Each of those is beautiful but the last one, with the sunset, is just amazing. I sometimes can't believe how incredible nature can be sometimes. No matter how shitty you're feeling, there's always something that makes your problems seem so insignificant.

EDIT: I just noticed that you took it JUST as the duck swam into the sunstream... :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    That's a beautiful way of thinking cosmo :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I was thinking... how about whoever's interested... planting a tree/plant/flower wherever you are for hippiemom... and we could all post our pics of it :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    I was thinking... how about whoever's interested... planting a tree/plant/flower wherever you are for hippiemom... and we could all post our pics of it :o

This is an awesome idea Helen :)

I always try to plant something at new years anyway. It's kind of a tradition for me. New year, new life kind of thing :o This year I'll do it with a special thought in my heart for Laura.
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    This is an awesome idea Helen :)

I always try to plant something at new years anyway. It's kind of a tradition for me. New year, new life kind of thing :o This year I'll do it with a special thought in my heart for Laura.
    Thank you. How great would it be to have several hippiemom trees all over the world? :)

I'm just wondering where to plant though... my back garden's out of the question :eek: but can you just plant a tree wherever you like?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Thank you. How great would it be to have several hippiemom trees all over the world? :)

I'm just wondering where to plant though... my back garden's out of the question :eek: but can you just plant a tree wherever you like?

I never knew her, do you think there is something particular she would have liked? Anything that may have had a special significance for her? I mean all trees are good, but I'd like it to be special.

Does it have to be a tree? If you can't use your back garden, how about a rose in a pot? Then it can go with you wherever you go.
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    I never knew her, do you think there is something particular she would have liked? Anything that may have had a special significance for her? I mean all trees are good, but I'd like it to be special.

Does it have to be a tree? If you can't use your back garden, how about a rose in a pot? Then it can go with you wherever you go.
    That's a good point... cos I did suggest tree/plant/flower with the intention of it being whatever is most beautiful to the planter... but I'm not sure if she had any favourites... maybe somebody else knows?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    jamainiac wrote:
    I was watering the Christmas tree yesterday... thoughts of Laura and her family heavy on my mind... a little silver bell ... hanging on the tree rang... tears came to my eyes again as I heard Ed... ringing the bell in San Diego... talking us into Long Road so beautifully... and I thought about a Pearl Jam Angel... Getting Her Wings Delivered...

I went for a walk with Laura in my heart... camera in freezing fingers... and thought about the beautifully amazing impact she made on so many people...

For Laura...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/NewBestFriend/emptybenchesre.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/NewBestFriend/emptybenchre.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/NewBestFriend/sunsetbirdre.jpg

Those have to be 3 of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen. Like Hippiemom.........
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........