Options

So do ya think hippiemom's running the place yet?

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Heaven that is? I was feeling like shit this morning and last night probably like most people until, through pm's, I came to the conclusion that Laura'd be laughing at us and telling us to shut up :) . I was feeling guilty for not getting the card and pressie out to her on time, like many of you were doing too... but do ya think that makes us go down in Laura's estimations? Not one tiny little bit! :)

Of all the people on the board, she's right up there with Bob in the positivity stakes, so I think that today and tonight, instead of everyone crying for her, we need to do the opposite. Just do something fun today or this week in honour of Laura. Cos I'd say she's pretty bored looking down on everyone right now... as she has a pint with God discussing how the fuck she's gonna sort this planet out once and for all :D
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Haha. I didn't know Hippiemom at all other than to read her posts, but this thread is a wicked celebration of her life.

Cheers to Hippiemom and to Helen for remembering her as she'd want to be. :)
  • Options
    Haha. I didn't know Hippiemom at all other than to read her posts, but this thread is a wicked celebration of her life.

Cheers to Hippiemom and to Helen for remembering her as she'd want to be. :)
    :D when I realised it this morning, I started laughing... and I CAN actually picture her up there talking sense into all of them :)

I wasn't sure if I should post or not or if people would see it as offensive or too soon... but I thought 'fuck em, it's the way SHE'D want it' :)

So Laura... CHEERS TO YOU BABY!!! Keep me a stool at the bar :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Heaven that is? I was feeling like shit this morning and last night probably like most people until, through pm's, I came to the conclusion that Laura'd be laughing at us and telling us to shut up :) . I was feeling guilty for not getting the card and pressie out to her on time, like many of you were doing too... but do ya think that makes us go down in Laura's estimations? Not one tiny little bit! :)

Of all the people on the board, she's right up there with Bob in the positivity stakes, so I think that today and tonight, instead of everyone crying for her, we need to do the opposite. Just do something fun today or this week in honour of Laura. Cos I'd say she's pretty bored looking down on everyone right now... as she has a pint with God discussing how the fuck she's gonna sort this planet out once and for all :D
    This thread is exactly what the pit needs Helen :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    Pardon me for not knowing her well, but wasn't she an athiest?

If there is an afterlife, she must be shocked as shit. It would be like the biggest and best surprise party. :D:D:p:D:D
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options

Well said...
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    She'd be enjoying a vodka. ;)
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    Pardon me for not knowing her well, but wasn't she an athiest?

If there is an afterlife, she must be shocked as shit. It would be like the biggest and best surprise party. :D:D:p:D:D
    hahahahahahaha... lmao... well I believe in heaven and I'm pretty sure she's there right now, against her will I'm sure! Fuck, that's one party I'm sorry I'm missing!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    :confused: really? Cos I can see her with a pint... hmmmm... maybe it's a pint of vodka :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    hippiemom and uconndave are partying hard right now

he has been waiting 1 year for a pit member to come and hang out

peace to both of you kind souls
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473

Cool idea. :)
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

PEACE??? It will be anything but! The place won't know what hit it :) I bet it's got the BIGGEST jukebox with nothing but pearl jam and even songs that haven't been written yet :)

just watch them stars twinkling extra bright tonight... and you'll know I'm telling the truth!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    even flow? wrote:

Take a bottle, drink it down, pass it around!

Great thread Helen you turned my :( into a :)
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
  • Options
    evenkat wrote:
    Take a bottle, drink it down, pass it around!

Great thread Helen you turned my :( into a :)
    :) well I'm glad I could do that.

So we need to be coming up with ideas of what fun stuff we can do in her honour then
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    :) well I'm glad I could do that.

So we need to be coming up with ideas of what fun stuff we can do in her honour then

We can donate in her honor to one of these charities:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=266044
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
  • Options

except for the very big fact that laura didn't believe in god nor heaven...i want to believe that too. ;) i'd say her *positive life force* and her wicked humor/wit....lives on tho. i am so truly saddened but i do agree.....better to have a drink in her honor and celebrate her life!

i'd have a patron margarita for her right now if i could! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    except for the very big fact that laura didn't believe in god nor heaven...i want to believe that too. ;) i'd say her *positive life force* and her wicked humor/wit....lives on tho. i am so truly saddened but i do agree.....better to have a drink in her honor and celebrate her life!

I think it's only when you mourn somebody that they die... if you feel miserable everytime you think of them... you can keep someone alive forever with memories and if you truly take on board what that person was all about.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    even flow? wrote:
    Vodka, eh? Wouldn't it be nice if we could all toast to hippiemom? Maybe all play her song, "Long Road" and toast her favorite drink all together at the same time?

What a woman, so brave, such a great heart, she will be missed!
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    I was thinking of her this morning. I realized when I want to write words of strength that I'll be thinking of her.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    ((((Helen))))

I think this thread is a great idea! She would love it!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    I think that today and tonight, instead of everyone crying for her, we need to do the opposite. Just do something fun today or this week in honour of Laura.

I think you're absolutely right.

We can donate in her honor to one of these charities:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=266044
    12-11-2007 03:21 PM

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=4558496&postcount=14
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    PJaddicted wrote:
    ((((Helen))))

I think this thread is a great idea! She would love it!

oxc
    Thank you... I KNOW she would. I can't really look at the other threads without crying and it's not very practical in work :D so I need to think of her this way... and I'm sure she'd appreciate it :)

Thanks Collin.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

me too......i should have picked up a bottle last night and toasted her by getting toasted...;)....maybe this weekend....:)

nice thread, helen.....:D
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Cheers! Great thread. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    PEACE??? It will be anything but! The place won't know what hit it :) I bet it's got the BIGGEST jukebox with nothing but pearl jam and even songs that haven't been written yet :)

just watch them stars twinkling extra bright tonight... and you'll know I'm telling the truth!

damn Helen! now I'm trying not to cry AND laugh at work!

:p

thanks for this thread. I didn't even know hippiemom but I can't believe she's passed..

ahh, smiling through the tears, it's the way forward. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    me too......i should have picked up a bottle last night and toasted her by getting toasted...;)....maybe this weekend....:)

nice thread, helen.....:D

i don't even drink margaritas....nor patron....so imagine all the debauchery that could ensue? she'd like that. :D

she is seriously someone i miss so dearly and truly mourn....and have never *met* her in the traditional sense, and yet shared such a firendship here. PMs......ahhhhhhhh....what convos and laughs!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i don't even drink margaritas....nor patron....so imagine all the debauchery that could ensue? she'd like that. :D

hell yeah!!! :D
    she is seriously someone i miss so dearly and truly mourn....and have never *met* her in the traditional sense, and yet shared such a firendship here. PMs......ahhhhhhhh....what convos and laughs!

same here.....one the first persons i "met" here......i'm still trying to come to terms with it.....i know she didn't have long but it's still such a shock....i'm gonna miss her intelligence and humor.....:(
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    hell yeah!!!

same here.....one the first persons i "met" here......i'm still trying to come to terms with it.....i know she didn't have long but it's still such a shock....i'm gonna miss her intelligence and humor.....

:D

she was one of my most fave people to point and laugh with. :p also shared a lot of 'serious' stuff too.....and that beloved love of pearl jam. i just count myself as fortunate for having known her even just a little bit. while i never got the meet her out in the real world, we were both hoping to next tour :(......i just think if not for pearl jam and this board, i'd never have met her....so i thank all for the gift of her friendship. :)

i seriously think of light years...and also aqueous transmission - incubus. both lines in my sig....she truly IS a shining star to me....and my heart really does overflow at that thought.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Hahahaha, Helen!!!!

*highs five* I love this thread!!!

It feels so damn good to be laughing and being with PJ fans again. :)

You know what I've always admired about Laura? Her ability to debate but still maintaining respect for people!

I do respect people regardless of choices they made or their lifestyle, as long as they respect other people. But I can’t for, the life of me, could continue to debate without resorting to emotions.

I've learned to stop wasting my time with people who don't respect me or my views and just change my directions.

Anyway, I love studying and here's what I'm going to do when I'm on break from school - I'm going to School of Hippiemom! Yes, I'm going to study hippiemom!!

I've got to write 750 words for my philosophy of ethics on same-sex marriage by tonight. What ethics I was going to live by that would support this view. If I had time, I would have studied how she worded things. :D

I’d join in drinking but I’m one of those wussies! I only drink wine coolers. And that is not even often – I still have three wine coolers sitting around that I bought four months ago! I’ll drink one in honor of Laura when I’m done with my final exams!

Hugs to everyone!!!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Let's hope it's just the two of them for a good long while.
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    This thread needs to be on page one.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední