Options

depressed,...

2»

Comments

• Options
    i assume that's what you just did with the girl from 2 months ago? and you learned a valuable lesson. these days, girls don't want to settle down at that age. they know they're sexy and it won't last, so they want to take advantage of it. you should too. once their clock starts ticking, then they'll start looking for a guy to keep around permanently. for now, they know they don't need it and you ain't gonna find it.

haha, that is depressing on many levels because it is mostly true.
    you're a real hooker. im gonna slap you in public.
    ~Ron Burgundy
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    a little over two years,...

i guarantee you this, and i speak from experience. you do not want to meet "the one" right now. the next girl you date seriously is going to get hurt and be a rebound. you want the ego boost and the assurance that you are a keeper to women. so you look for something "real" to reassure yourself that you're not going to be alone forever after this girl destroyed your ego. and once you get that assurance, you will realize you jumped on board with the first girl who could offer it and it's not someone you want to grow old with and you will be gone. you are better off dating around and doing the casual thing and having fun. you will realize you're ok and you have options and nobody will get hurt. i made the mistake of opting for the former. it's bad news.
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    smarchee wrote:
    this is what I was trying to say

just didn't put in the effort
    Smarchee - "Fuck anything that moves!" :p
  • Options
    haha, nice,... im 24. who knows, it could be magical,...

nah, i've been drinking and i've been ignored by a certain lady friend and im always on the board so i figured id make an ass of myself,...

but i seriously think people get shallower and shallower,...

you know, i gave in for a minute and played the single card, but damn it gets lonely,...
    42 would kill you anyway :)
  • Options
    Depressed about bitches that just want to fuck? hmmm that sucks...

no kidding. he can have my gf, she's all about the real steady thing. id give anything to be in the free young pussy dilemma.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    vital5 wrote:
    Smarchee - "Fuck anything that moves!" :p

hey now, where did you hear that

I was young then, and on drugs
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    i guarantee you this, and i speak from experience. you do not want to meet "the one" right now. the next girl you date seriously is going to get hurt and be a rebound. you want the ego boost and the assurance that you are a keeper to women. so you look for something "real" to reassure yourself that you're not going to be alone forever after this girl destroyed your ego. and once you get that assurance, you will realize you jumped on board with the first girl who could offer it and it's not someone you want to grow old with and you will be gone. you are better off dating around and doing the casual thing and having fun. you will realize you're ok and you have options and nobody will get hurt. i made the mistake of opting for the former. it's bad news.

without the long story, that is mostly true,... and good advice,... ill crack open another one for that.

the only problem with that is the 'what if?' what if i didn't approach that chick at the farmers market or that girl at the gym,... and just chicks at the bar ?? what if i pass up the opportunity? you are right in that i do feel rushed,... you know, it just fucks with you.
    ~Ron Burgundy
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    42 would kill you anyway :)

could have been magical,...
    ~Ron Burgundy
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    without the long story, that is mostly true,... and good advice,... ill crack open another one for that.

the only problem with that is the 'what if?' what if i didn't approach that chick at the farmers market or that girl at the gym,... and just chicks at the bar ?? what if i pass up the opportunity? you are right in that i do feel rushed,... you know, it just fucks with you.
    why do you feel rushed? You are young. Enjoy your college years; life is too short to be chained down so young. I thought only girls were this dependent??? what gives? Go enjoy your freedom.
  • Options
    TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    i've never caught a bolt of lightning or let it go for that matter,... and still feel cursed,...

i've been single for two months and all i can get are bitches who just want the D. anybody out there want me for me?

awwww... poor baby:(

Girls just want to fuck you... so depressing!!
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Options
    Depressed about bitches that just want to fuck? hmmm that sucks...
    that is just wrong :)
  • Options

there will always be another opportunity. there's no "one" for people. there are no soulmates. just some people you connect with more than others. the reason divorce is so high now is people got this damn fool romantic notion in their heads that each person has one person and one person only who will be perfect for them and they will always be madly in love and happy. used to be marriage was about good business and social obligation. it was a contract and you stayed in becos the risks of breaking the contract were harsh. they're not now, so people married for the same reason they play golf or shop... they thought it could be something fun they enjoy. but nobody can live with one person and one person only forever and now hate their guts a little. at a certain point, it's not about passion or romance anymore, it's about ease and comfort. and people end up disappointed becos of their unrealistic expectations and they leave.

there are plenty of women out there and plenty that you could be happily married to one day. but as long as you think there's one who is perfect and you will always be happy with, you are setting yourself up to be disappointed. becos it is inevitable that eventually, even the most flawless girl you could ever imagine, is going to let you down. you'll get tired of the same old sex, or her formerly cute quirks will make you want to suffocate her in her sleep, or whatever else.
  • Options
    why do you feel rushed? You are young. Enjoy your college years; life is too short to be chained down so young. I thought only girls were this dependent??? what gives? Go enjoy your freedom.

partially b/c i've been independent from my parents since i was 18,... that gets lonely when you are 17 and then both sets of parents have a kid and you get fucked over,... you want to walk on and play football, you'll never play,... you're on your own.
    partially b/c i quit college football b/c i had to get a job when my gpa went down and i lost my scholarship,... which is what they said would happen
    partially b/c i had a family take me in (the girl i dated for two years) that loved me completely and then i broke up with her b/c i felt like she wasn't the one,...
    partially b/c im 24 and still working on my undergrad,...
    its hard to go from so much to so little and live a life of let downs,... i've made many mistakes and i don't know,... its not so easy alone. i think that is the majority of my problem, but it is good to talk about it,...

funny i pick the internet with complete strangers, but my friends don't need to hear my depressing shit,...

i go through this every once in awhile and the only thing that keeps me sane is sports and used to be taylor,... my ex.

i've been hitting the gym lately trying to burn up that negative energy,...

the bottom line, i think, is my folks,... they started a new life and left all the mistakes with me. at least that is how i feel. they pretend to be there for me, when i ultimately feel like i am a hassle to them now,...
    ~Ron Burgundy
  • Options
    there will always be another opportunity. there's no "one" for people. there are no soulmates. just some people you connect with more than others. the reason divorce is so high now is people got this damn fool romantic notion in their heads that each person has one person and one person only who will be perfect for them and they will always be madly in love and happy. used to be marriage was about good business and social obligation. it was a contract and you stayed in becos the risks of breaking the contract were harsh. they're not now, so people married for the same reason they play golf or shop... they thought it could be something fun they enjoy. but nobody can live with one person and one person only forever and now hate their guts a little. at a certain point, it's not about passion or romance anymore, it's about ease and comfort. and people end up disappointed becos of their unrealistic expectations and they leave.

there are plenty of women out there and plenty that you could be happily married to one day. but as long as you think there's one who is perfect and you will always be happy with, you are setting yourself up to be disappointed. becos it is inevitable that eventually, even the most flawless girl you could ever imagine, is going to let you down. you'll get tired of the same old sex, or her formerly cute quirks will make you want to suffocate her in her sleep, or whatever else.

see man, that is where i think we differ,... i met this chick in florida when we went to the tangerine bowl,... she was fucking perfect. yeah, i know, the whole vacation scene and not realistic,... (similar to like a summer fling) but, there is someone out there for everyone. im a biology major, i know the whole science of it,... its all macromolecules working together in chemical reactions in pursuit of homeostasis,... but i still believe each person has a 'counterpart'. maybe thats my flaw,... im not sure,... but i dig the depth of your response. you are a good cat. if you were in clemson, id buy you a beer,...
    ~Ron Burgundy
  • Options
    partially b/c i've been independent from my parents since i was 18,... that gets lonely when you are 17 and then both sets of parents have a kid and you get fucked over,... you want to walk on and play football, you'll never play,... you're on your own.
    partially b/c i quit college football b/c i had to get a job when my gpa went down and i lost my scholarship,... which is what they said would happen
    partially b/c i had a family take me in (the girl i dated for two years) that loved me completely and then i broke up with her b/c i felt like she wasn't the one,...
    its hard to go from so much to so little and live a life of let downs,... i've made many mistakes and i don't know,... its not so easy alone. i think that is the majority of my problem, but it is good to talk about it,...

funny i pick the internet with complete strangers, but my friends don't need to hear my depressing shit,...

i go through this every once in awhile and the only thing that keeps me sane is sports and used to be taylor,... my ex.

the bottom line, i think, is my folks,... they started a new life and left all the mistakes with me. at least that is how i feel. they pretend to be there for me, when i ultimately feel like i am a hassle to them now,...

eh, my buddy's 27 and still working on his undergrad degree. it could be worse. and by 25 i had been arrested 3 times, served jailtime, and gone through rehab. im in law school now. there's nothing loser-ish or failure-esque about having a hard time balancing college football with academics. it's a tough thing to do.

sounds to me like your real problem is unresolved abandonment/guilt issues with your parents (you catholic by any chance?). you might wanna work that out with them before you get in another relationship. sounds like you're using the girls to fill that hole and the problem with taylor was you found out she couldn't do it. which is why you left her.
  • Options
    see man, that is where i think we differ,... i met this chick in florida when we went to the tangerine bowl,... she was fucking perfect. yeah, i know, the whole vacation scene and not realistic,... (similar to like a summer fling) but, there is someone out there for everyone. im a biology major, i know the whole science of it,... its all macromolecules working together in chemical reactions in pursuit of homeostasis,... but i still believe each person has a 'counterpart'. maybe thats my flaw,... im not sure,... but i dig the depth of your response. you are a good cat. if you were in clemson, id buy you a beer,...

i appreciate the sentiment, but i dont drink. see the post above ;)
  • Options
    ...and by 25 i had been arrested 3 times, served jailtime, and gone through rehab......
    Do I know you? :D hehe
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    Do I know you? :D hehe

i dont know, would you like to see my mugshot? ;)
  • Options
    eh, my buddy's 27 and still working on his undergrad degree. it could be worse. and by 25 i had been arrested 3 times, served jailtime, and gone through rehab. im in law school now. there's nothing loser-ish or failure-esque about having a hard time balancing college football with academics. it's a tough thing to do.

running down the hill was one of the coolest fucking things i ever did. i don't regret it. i just regret thinking i was invisible and not studying. but yeah, im glad you got your shit together. and i have too, on a lot of levels. a good friend of mine just got accepted to a law school outside of charlotte,...
    sounds to me like your real problem is unresolved abandonment issues with your parents. you might wanna work that out with them before you get in another relationship. sounds like you're using the girls to fill that hole and the problem with taylor was you found out she couldn't do it. which is why you left her.

maybe you see right through me,... never thought of it like that,... even still today, they seem kind of fake to me. they will say shit to appease me and i think i just need to grow up and realize that it won't ever be like it is in the movies.

anyhow, thanks for the comments,... i appreciate all of it.

i think im gonna go watch a pearl jam dvd. haven't done that shit in awhile
    ~Ron Burgundy
  • Options
    running down the hill was one of the coolest fucking things i ever did. i don't regret it. i just regret thinking i was invisible and not studying. but yeah, im glad you got your shit together. and i have too, on a lot of levels. a good friend of mine just got accepted to a law school outside of charlotte,...

maybe you see right through me,... never thought of it like that,... even still today, they seem kind of fake to me. they will say shit to appease me and i think i just need to grow up and realize that it won't ever be like it is in the movies.

anyhow, thanks for the comments,... i appreciate all of it.

i think im gonna go watch a pearl jam dvd. haven't done that shit in awhile

i had a lot of good night getting shitaced in my crappy apartment by myself pining over women and watching tb2k. you cant go wrong with that! good luck with the parents. it's always a mess when those relationships get strained.
  • Options
    btw soulsinging,... i am catholic, confirmed and everything,...

but i don't practice catholicism or any religion,... neither do either set of parents. mostly my grandmother got me through that when i was young.

probably not much to do with the whole situation
    ~Ron Burgundy
  • Options
    btw soulsinging,... i am catholic, confirmed and everything,...

but i don't practice catholicism or any religion,... neither do either set of parents. mostly my grandmother got me through that when i was young.

probably not much to do with the whole situation

maybe... im not practicing either. but ive found for most catholics, the guilt long outlives the practicing religion ;)
  • Options

Hey, I know it's gonna be tough for a while but you really need to spend some time on your own. Have some fun, have a nervous breakdown, whatever... but don't go rushing into another relationship, that's the worst thing you could do. You will expect that girl to have all of Taylors good qualities PLUS the qualities she DIDN'T have that you're looking for. It's a recipe for disaster and this you simply have to accept. Perhaps now would be a good time to knuckle down and study? It's there, it has to be done... if you could focus your attention on that for a while, you'll have your whole life sorted out... much easier to find 'the one' then :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    i've never caught a bolt of lightning or let it go for that matter,... and still feel cursed,...

i've been single for two months and all i can get are bitches who just want the D. anybody out there want me for me?

Firstly, 2 MONTHS? Good God, NO! :D :rolleyes:

Secondly, are you giving them the D? If you want more, stop giving them the D. Because I bet you're giving them all the D, and enjoying it.

Thirdly, you're not depressed. You're self-indulgent.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison