Options

Famous friends

Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
edited November 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
So, has anyone around here ever known a famous (at least mildly so) person before they were known?

I ask just because I was buddies with a guy (randy houser) during college and he is pretty hot on the country music scene now. It's just hard for me to imagine I used to sit around and shoot the shit, drink a few beers with somebody who has performed on Letterman...pretty cool and his music really is pretty good for country...I really like the single "anything goes" a lot.
All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    famous, famous, what is famous?

i have a "famous" relative who is known in some circles....

http://www.comichouse.nl/en/illustration/2d/plijnaar/

:D
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    My childhood best friend is an actress. Or at least a wannabe-actress. She's been in a couple tv shows and a bunch of commercials. Kasey Wilson; you can look her up on imdb
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    My famous friend is Doug M. from Built to Spill. Although I rarely see him since I basically hung up the ol' basketball.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    my dad was childhood friends w/ ace frehley from KISS & chris wood from traffic....
  • Options
    AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    Mer will love my reply

my dad was friends with adam sandlers dad growing up lol. she gets a kick out of that one.

uhmmm lets see.. lived next door to the director (or producer? both?) of the sopranos

used to babysit for bobbi brown. makeup artist not the singer

but i think i have only been friends with one celeb... christina ricci.
  • Options
    One of my friends went to school with Jeffrey Dahmer. They weren't exactly best friends tho.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    A couple people I went to high school with have been on some reality shows. One was on Road Rules on MTV and the other was on The Amazing Race. I don't know if I'd consider them famous, but so many people watch all that garbage.
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    used to babysit for bobbi brown.
    The chick in Warrant's "Cherry Pie" video? Gawd, she was hot!

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    The chick in Warrant's "Cherry Pie" video? Gawd, she was hot!

lol warrent? cherry pie?

nope .. the makeup artist. has her own line with the same name. you can buy it...

this bobbi brown
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobbi_Brown
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    lol warrent? cherry pie?

nope .. the makeup artist. has her own line with the same name. you can buy it...

this bobbi brown
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobbi_Brown
    HAHAHA!

"SHEEEEEZ My Cherry Pie, Cool Drink o' Water Make a Grown Man Cry"

Oh Jani Lane, where have you gone brother?!?

• Options
    HAHAHA!

"SHEEEEEZ My Cherry Pie, Cool Drink o' Water Make a Grown Man Cry"

Oh Jani Lane, where have you gone brother?!?

wasn't he on celebrity rehab?

so sad. when i was little i used to name my ken barbie janie and brett michaels. oh how the times have changed
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    wasn't he on celebrity rehab?
    Nah, was Celebrity Fit Club, wasn't it?

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    A couple people I went to high school with have been on some reality shows. One was on Road Rules on MTV and the other was on The Amazing Race. I don't know if I'd consider them famous, but so many people watch all that garbage.

yup, dont know if you'd consider it famous, but one of the contestants on those Real World/Road Rules Challenge shows went to my high school as well
  • Options
    I went to school with Kelly Ripa (Regis & Kelly). She was in my brother's grade. I knew her younger sister better but never really liked her :p

She was famous for a millisecond, but Heather Donahue (blair witch project) dated the best man from my wedding for 10 years. Didn't like her much either :D
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    I went to school with Kelly Ripa (Regis & Kelly). She was in my brother's grade. I knew her younger sister better but never really liked her :p

She was famous for a millisecond, but Heather Donahue (blair witch project) dated the best man from my wedding for 10 years. Didn't like her much either :D

Somebody recently told me that Heather Donahue lives in my town. Do you know where she is?
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    Somebody recently told me that Heather Donahue lives in my town. Do you know where she is?
    She's from Delaware County, PA originally. Last I heard she was living in LA with my ex's friend writing a book. They broke up about 2 years ago. I know he still lives out there, but I'm not sure where she is.
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    I was friends (from elementry school on) with a guy who later pitched for the Mariners, Sean Spencer. I was freinds through friends of a couple other guys who went on to pro sports.....Willie Bloomquist (Mariners), Jason Ellison (Giants, Mariniers), Benji Olson (NFL-Titans).

Hmmm...my cousin is an actress/comedian/drama teacher. She's in some of the AT&T Cingular commercials. http://www.splendad.com/ads/show/1114-AT-T-Cingular-Vegas she's the mom. :p She was also in the TV show, The Tick....which didn't last long.

Famous? :p
  • Options
    I have a good friend that is a producer in Hollywood. She used to work for the Oprah show, Ellen and now is producing a show for Lifetime. She has also written and directed a short film that has been in a bunch of film festivals called "The Professional Interview" and also did a documentary titled "Hollerin".

I know she's not a movie star or anything, but that's as close as I can get. It's pretty cool. She's still the same person.
  • Options
    I went to Junior High and College with Jon Favreau. Friends would be pushing it but we hung in the same circles.

I am good friends with someone on the Howard Stern show.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    I hooked up with someone famous when she was in high school...shes now on or use to be on a popular NBC television show
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    petrocs wrote:
    I hooked up with someone famous when she was in high school...shes now on or use to be on a popular NBC television show

Who was it??
  • Options
    Who was it??

she was or is on heroes...never watched the show...Ali Larter..its was only one night and we just kissed so nothing major..I was 18 or 19 at that time
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    petrocs wrote:
    she was or is on heroes...never watched the show...Ali Larter..its was only one night and we just kissed so nothing major..I was 18 or 19 at that time

i have a huge girlcrash on her :D
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I used to be friends with the lead singer of The Horrors. Shame they're shit :o
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Todd Pinkston who played/plays for the Philly Eagles dominated my junior high hoops team in our first game in the seventh grade....dude would steal the ball about the time our PG crossed half court and even dunked it three or four times in that game....it was horrendous and left me scarred for life

• Options
    Todd Pinkston who played/plays for the Philly Eagles dominated my junior high hoops team in our first game in the seventh grade....dude would steal the ball about the time our PG crossed half court and even dunked it three or four times in that game....it was horrendous and left me scarred for life

His WR skills left all Eagles fans scarred for life too
    Shows:
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    petrocs wrote:
    I just looked her up.

NICE :D
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I just looked her up.

I dont remember her too too much but my friends always remind me that I hooked up with her
    Shows:
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I just looked her up.

I did too. I don't think I could even afford to pay for a girl like that... he wins! :)
    she was underwhelmed, if that's a word
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    I went to school with Linda Fiorentino, and knew her casually - went to a few parties at her house too (one of her sister's was my age) and they threw some kick ass parties

http://www.nndb.com/people/710/000025635/linda4.jpeg

I copied this from Wikipedia - she's been in quite a few really good movies, most specifically, DOGMA (love that movie)

Vision Quest (1985) - Carla
    Gotcha! (1985) - Sasha
    After Hours (1985) - Kiki Bridges
    Wildfire (1988) - Kay
    The Moderns (1988) - Rachel
    Strangers (1991) - Helen
    Shout (1991) - Molly
    Queen's Logic (1991)
    Chain of Desire (1992) - Alma D'Angeli
    Beyond the Law (1992) - Renee Jason
    The Last Seduction (1994) - Bridget Gregory/Wendy Kroy
    The Desperate Trail (1994) - Sarah O'Rourke