Options

Famous friends

13»

Comments

• Options
    alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    Erin Burnett http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4548591090
    from CNBCs 'street signs' and 'the call.'
    I went to private school with her from k-7th grade and we had a class total of 13! really sweet girl, still to this day.
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    only one I know off the top of my head is Dickie Barett, lead singer of what used to be the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. My cousin is married to him
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    I used to work with Axel Rose daughter. She once told me she wanted to fuck my brains out, and she would always touch me... nasty! I have a couple of pics...
    I'll be back
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    My mom dated the singer from the band Helix (Brian Vollmer) for a couple of years. My friends would fight over who came to my house for dinner cause they would roll up in their tour bus.

I was only ever allowed two friends over for dinner when they were there :)

Of course we barely knew them or their music but we thought they were the best until we grew up and saw this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_oBjinZQ7k

This was rated as one of the cheasiest videos of all time by Much Music ;)
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    coachchris wrote:
    My mom dated the singer from the band Helix (Brian Vollmer) for a couple of years. My friends would fight over who came to my house for dinner cause they would roll up in their tour bus.

Of course we barely knew them or their music but we thought they were the best until we grew up and saw this!

LOL! Man those guys are TOOLS!! HAhahahahaha!
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    coachchris wrote:

and when i was in 7th grade that song was badass. (but so was twisted sister's "suck my whatnot" ;))
    never saw the video until a few months ago on youtube.
    cheesie as fuck, yes.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    and when i was in 7th grade that song was badass. (but so was twisted sister's "suck my whatnot" ;))
    never saw the video until a few months ago on youtube.
    cheesie as fuck, yes.
    Now Twisted Sister is a kick ass band! I have a few CD's ;)
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    I was a huge fan as a kid. They filmed part of a video on my street, but of course I was upstate that day. They're all local guys, from a town or 2 ovr from where I grew up
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    Now Twisted Sister is a kick ass band! I have a few CD's ;)

as in now days?

you know what i did when i was a young dude, probably not, so i'll tell ya :D

i bought the stay hungry album at least 3 or 4 times.
    reasons why i had to buy it over and over again are
    skips/scratches in the vinyl and traded it or sold it.

always had to have it though.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I'm related to George Clooney. He used to come to family reunions and get togethers until he got really big. We used to think he was a hot shot when he got on "the facts of life" and then "roseanne".....had no idea how big he was going to get. Haven't seen him since his shit ass batman movie came out in the mid 90's however.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    go prego pre Posts: 650
    i used to be friends with rich seubert, offensive lineman for the ny giants. we went to wrestling meets together when we were in elementary school. i probably haven't talked to him since seventh or eighth grade (about the time ten was released - so it's been a while).
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    My cousin was an extra on Days of our Lives. Beat that!!

game over :(:D

i know..

no one :) no friends of friends or friends of family
    wah
  • Options
    i made a new famous friend last night...

So last night was the 36 crazyfists show here in Orlando. They rocked as usual. I was able to pull front row in front of holt (their guitarist). All that remains had to pull out of the tour, so they gave gojira a longer slot and boy they sucked.

During IN Flames I was hanging in the back with my fiancee near the bar. I look over and see Brock. I tap his shoulder he looks over and instantly recognizes me (i've met him a few times in the past). Gives me one of those shoulder hugs and stops what he was doing and talked to me and my fiancee for almost 20 mins. The whole time he was drawing on my flyers hat (he's a big flyers fan). Heres the pic, its kinda hard to read, it says Go Flyers 36CF ( http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/43/l_ce2f45530b6e48bf91d844f4320c9b36.jpg ). It looks like a piece of art haha. He then tells me to get a hold of him if they ever in my area and he will hook us up with tix and said I'd never have to pay to see them again. I told him I have him as a friend in myspace. He said he never checks it and tells me to put his number in my phone. So now I have him as a contact in my phone. He then walks us over to the merch booth and tells me and fiancee to pick out a shirt. He hooked us up bigtime.

Texted him this afternoon and thanked him for last night. He replied and wished us a happy holiday and good luck with the baby.

So now I'm considering taking a weekend trip to Alaska for their DVD shoot show in January
  • Options
    seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,213
    our family is good frieds with bruce springsteen and his wife patti scialfa
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    I went to school with Kelly Ripa (Regis & Kelly). She was in my brother's grade. I knew her younger sister better but never really liked her :p

She was famous for a millisecond, but Heather Donahue (blair witch project) dated the best man from my wedding for 10 years. Didn't like her much either :D

I use to say I have a love/hate relationship with Kelly Ripa. She is so full of bs, "I am just like you ladies, honestly", when you know that is nowhere true at all. And then those damn commercials she is in while baking, entertaining, etc etc etc............too much. Too peppy. Too phony??

Idk...........Idc.............but you gotta wonder what a life like that is like to lead.
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    Stella wrote:
    i'm friends with The Grates. The other day we were out with them, and got offered free drinks.. nice to ride the coattails of semi-fame.

Patience is hot ;)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    I know Anne Murray. My Dad grew up with her in Springhill, NS, Canada. Her mother went to nursing school with my mother's mother. When I was a little girl we rented a beach house at Heather's Beach and the next house down was Anne's. We went over and visited with her for the day. She gave me an orange popcicle and we played golf on the front lawn.

When my Dad passed away, Mrs Murray was so upset that we did not stay with her when we came back to Springhill to bury him. When Anne goes on tour in the states, she sends people out in the crowd to find my mother and bring her back stage after the show for a visit.

She is a nice person. Her mother was amazing.

My great uncle Arthur Wilson wrote books on the study of using gems involving x-rays or something crazy like that. He wrote something like 4 books and was brilliant. I met him once.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    Famous...not really. But my Uncle is a well known sports writer for a Wilmington Delaware newspaper.
    Even had a book written about him.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"