There is a holiday before Christmas...

kc_pjkc_pj Posts: 284
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
It's called Thanksgiving. I know retailers make a very big chunk of their money during the holidays, but come on! I'm already hearing Christmas music in some stores!
"Seek my part, devote myself.
My small self. Like a book amongst the many on a shelf."

"I'm already 30% more unpredictable."
-Pam Beesly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    man, don't get me started. Lord and Taylor ALREADY had their x-mas lights on the store, I saw it yesterday. My local CVS already has the decorations and cards up for sale for X-mas.
    And i've already seen holiday commercials from several stores on TV. I mean, they used to not start that until the day after Thanksgiving (black Friday)!
    that is NOT what X-mas is about, gosh darnit.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    yesterday got coffee at starbucks it was as it's always been....today ALL FUCKING CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! c'mon, ya can't wait 2 weeks! :mad:
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    American chauvinists
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
    cutback wrote:
    yesterday got coffee at starbucks it was as it's always been....today ALL FUCKING CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! c'mon, ya can't wait 2 weeks! :mad:
    my local one hasn't started with that yet
    but I do like their tasty X-mas beverages like the Peppermint Mocha

but I agree, they should at least wait till Thanksgiving time! Geesh.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • kc_pjkc_pj Posts: 284
    Allie wrote:
    that is NOT what X-mas is about, gosh darnit.

exactly.

-Pam Beesly
  • Yup, the Starbucks in the biggest little city have started using there xmas cups as of today.
    And I agree with the people that are posting that"christmas is starting too early". I wish that it wouldn't start untill after Thanksgiving also......
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
    Thanksgiving was Oct 13 you knobs.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Thanksgiving was Oct 13 you knobs.
    oh that's nice
    we're talking about American Thanksgiving :)
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • is this holiday you speak of "the festival of intentional smallpox and massacres"

?? I am confused...
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
    Allie wrote:
    oh that's nice
    we're talking about American Thanksgiving :)

Canadians dont' exist? Or we don't shop in the U.S., what with our dollar being superior.
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Canadians dont' exist? Or we don't shop in the U.S., what with our dollar being superior.
    of course you exist
    I think the people who are expressing surprise and disagreement about all this super early X-mas promotion are Americans

do they have X-mas ads on TV up in your neck of the woods?
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:
    of course you exist
    I think the people who are expressing surprise and disagreement about all this super early X-mas promotion are Americans

do they have X-mas ads on TV up in your neck of the woods?

I don't watch TV, but Tim Hortons started using their christmas cups a week ago.
    Actually, I did watch a bit of TV this afternoon, just A channel and a dozen Canadian Tire ads ran with christmas themes. Same with the Homesense ads.
    We typically start with the christmas crap immediately after halloween.

People have their lawn displays out and stuff.
    Anyway with the awesome supremeness of the canadian dollar, a lot of canadians are shopping in the U.S. and being that probably half of our television is American, it could be why american companies have started early.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    It bothers me that the stores don't even wait until after Halloween to sell Christmas stuff these days. It was a week before Halloween here and there were ornaments and wrapping paper out on the shelves!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Ahnimus wrote:
    We typically start with the christmas crap immediately after halloween.

People have their lawn displays out and stuff.
    well that's what we're talking about then, same as some places here!

and you don't watch TV?! Oh my goodness!
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • ahhh yes...Thanksgiving. The day America celebrates the rape and pilage of it's native people and their land.

Pass the gravy please!
    "When you're climbing to the top, you'd better know the way back down" MSB
    Allie wrote:
    well that's what we're talking about then, same as some places here!

and you don't watch TV?! Oh my goodness!

TV is a mind sink.
    ahhh yes...Thanksgiving. The day America celebrates the rape and pilage of it's native people and their land.

Pass the gravy please!

Relax, people will get angry if you celebrate early.
    Ahnimus wrote:
    TV is a mind sink.
    then what is the message pit? :p
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:

A pacifier
  • Allie wrote:
    a never ending bewbie joke
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
    heard today "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" at the grocery store....

...while I was looking at Thanksgiving turkeys they had on sale.

-Pam Beesly
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    justam wrote:
    It bothers me that the stores don't even wait until after Halloween to sell Christmas stuff these days. It was a week before Halloween here and there were ornaments and wrapping paper out on the shelves!

It's because people are buying it that early. You've got to go to the store and wait for the douchebags that actually buy Christmas garbage this early, and then beat them senseless.

Once the demand goes down, then we won't see Christmas stuff until after Thanksgiving. :D
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    Xmas season officially begins the day after halloween now.

You have to take down your ghosts and monsters and put up your tree.

Thanksgiving has been cancelled due to the fact that people are typically in their homes and not out being consumers.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    kc_pj wrote:
    heard today "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" at the grocery store....

...while I was looking at Thanksgiving turkeys they had on sale.

lemme guess... you thought "mmm.... good call: venison!"
    lemme guess... you thought "mmm.... good call: venison!"

how did you know??

-Pam Beesly
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    kc_pj wrote:
    It's called Thanksgiving. I know retailers make a very big chunk of their money during the holidays, but come on! I'm already hearing Christmas music in some stores!
    So do you suggest that stores play Adam Sandler's "Turkey Song" and Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant" back to back looped 24/7 for the next 12 days before hitting us with Rudolph , Frosty and Bing?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier wrote:
    So do you suggest that stores play Adam Sandler's "Turkey Song" and Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant" back to back looped 24/7 for the next 12 days before hitting us with Rudolph , Frosty and Bing?
    hahaha, good one! Don't forget hanging the 8x10 glossy color photos with the circles and arrows for decoration.
    "When you're climbing to the top, you'd better know the way back down" MSB
This discussion has been closed.