Options

How many times do you hit snooze in the morning?

2»

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    I don't use an alarm clock.
    I wake up naturally. Usually wake up around 4:30-4:45 and watch the clock till 5:00 (OK sometimes 5:10) and get up.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    Why can't I just wake up when my alarm clock goes off?

Every night I have grandiose plans of waking up early before work and do something like eat breakfast, read the paper, or work out.

Every morning when the alarm goes off I hit the snooze button about 5 times and end up rushing to take a quick shower to barely make it to work on time.

I allow myself five extra minutes before I force myself out of bed Monday through Friday because I have to get my children ready for school.

Saturday, I give my self 15-20 minutes lee-way because it's not school but music lessons they have to get to and there's less preparation required...

Sunday, it may take me an hour or more to get out of bed because I don't HAVE to get up for anything in particular. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
    I'd like to be able to hit snooze, but seeing as my alarm clock is a tow-headed 16 month old with a killer smile, I can't. I don't hit my kids. :)
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    I'm a disaster :o I have 4 alarms.

The first goes off at 6.25... with a 5 minute snooze... 2nd goes off at 6.30 (which I turn off)... third goes off at 6.45 which I also turn off... (still the first is on its 5 minute snooze) and the last goes off at 6.50 :o and then I get up... reluctantly... very reluctantly :o I love my bed!

LOL - wow! That's a lot of alarms!

I do not use an alarm clock except very special occasions...like a super early morning flight...and even then I'm constantly waking up to try to beat the alarm clock. I just hate the super loud - obnoxious noise they make! Just a horrible way to wake up. I wake up somewhere between 6-7am and get to work on time 99% of the time :)
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    none.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    disconnecteddisconnected Posts: 2,875
    I never snooze.... I just wait ten minutes and then get out of bed...
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I don't do it everyone morning but usually just once.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    i'll sometimes snooze for an hour
    usually i can have pretty vivid dreams this way and remember them since i instantly fall back asleep after the snooze is pressed
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    meme wrote:
    My son is my alarm clock. I tried hitting him with a snooze, but he never loses consciousness.

My son is eight months old so I know this feeling all too well.;)
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    5 or 6. I set the alarm earlier than I intend to get up just so I can enjoy the lie in. Seriously.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Usually 2x for me. I have to leave about 7:10 to take my daughter to school, so I let it go off (*quietly*, with this little chirpy sound - can't stand a loud alarm) at 6:40, and 6:49, and then have about 10 minutes to be ready to take her, then come back and have some tea and slowly wake up before going to teach my 9am aerobics class.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    10+.

I've gotten to the point where alarm clocks just cannot wake me up, no matter how much sleep I've gotten.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    until it's afternoon. :p
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    until it's afternoon. :p

Same. :D And even then, I sometimes don't bother getting out of bed. I just make sure the alarm doesn't bother me anymore. :D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,524
    I don't see the point of the snooze button.. it just wakes you up too early and you loose a little sleep. I set my alarm for the last possible second giving me just enough time to get ready as fast as I can for work. I literally jump out of bed, shave, shower, eat, brush my teeth and shit, all in that order, all in less than 30 minutes.
    I do the exact same thing, except I don't brush my shit. :p
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    I hit snooze like three times when I had the radio alarm clock. And that was set like two hours before I had to get up so I could "trick" myself.

That didn't work so I set it on that annoying buzzing thing that is so aggravating. That also didn't work out very well.

So, now I have that old fashioned battery operated kind that rings like crazy so loud that you have to get up. But you know, I figured out a way to get up when it rings and manually set it ahead so I can kind of get the snooze thing going.

I hate to have to get up with the alarm. But once I am up, I am pretty happy I didn't sleep later.
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    One time. I set my alarm for 4:41 am every night. I've got a 9 minute snooze so I get out of bed at 4:50, out the door by 5:35.

Booyah!!!

oh, my God.

That is like night time still, I think. wow you are really a morning person. Do you have to go to bed early to do that?
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    given2fly78given2fly78 Posts: 404
    I never used to. Then I found the snooze button. Kept hitting it and now I sleep right through it. No matter how loud I set my alarm, I can SLEEP! My new trick is to not even snooze, I just turn it right off without even conciously even acknowledging it's on. Nice trick!

Good thing I don't have set work hours. The only time it's really a problem is when I have early appts. Then I just make myself so paranoid the night before I tend to wake up.

Funny thing is, I don't sleep in ever. I get up early when I don't have to wake up.

All in my head.....
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    never hit snooze. my alarm is set to 7 minutes to the hour. i wake, lie in bed, wait for the news and then refuse to get out of bed until i hear a song i like. if i dont hear a song i like, i wait until half past the hour and then drag myself out of bed very very reluctantly. i am not a morning person. :)
    on weekends i refuse to get out of bed until i can no longer stand the nagging of my darling monsters. though generally they leave me be.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    hahahah this is the exact same thing for me....
    i hit that button until the bitter end!!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    *dawn* wrote:
    LOL - wow! That's a lot of alarms!

I do not use an alarm clock except very special occasions...like a super early morning flight...and even then I'm constantly waking up to try to beat the alarm clock. I just hate the super loud - obnoxious noise they make! Just a horrible way to wake up. I wake up somewhere between 6-7am and get to work on time 99% of the time :)
    I know what ya mean... Saturday night I had to sleep in the same room as my 9 month old nephew... and I have to say he was the nicest alarm :) . He woke me up at 7.45am (after a night of drinking, lol) but he was lying sideways in the cot on his stomach and he was grunting while trying to roll onto his back :D It was so cute so I went over and he'd the biggest smile for me and put his arms out... so I took him into bed with me... but then he started poking my eyes out so I thought it was time to get up :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I'm a disaster :o I have 4 alarms.

The first goes off at 6.25... with a 5 minute snooze... 2nd goes off at 6.30 (which I turn off)... third goes off at 6.45 which I also turn off... (still the first is on its 5 minute snooze) and the last goes off at 6.50 :o and then I get up... reluctantly... very reluctantly :o I love my bed!

... I had one morning trying to find your alarm and turn it off as you were still sleeping ... thought I had it and then another one starts going off :o:p

mine is set to go off half an hour before I go to work ... turn the tv and listen to the news and doze and then get up ... so no snooze.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    between 3 and 6 times
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Chime wrote:
    ... I had one morning trying to find your alarm and turn it off as you were still sleeping ... thought I had it and then another one starts going off :o:p

mine is set to go off half an hour before I go to work ... turn the tv and listen to the news and doze and then get up ... so no snooze.
    :D Hahahaha... you were lucky it was just the two... sorry :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you