Has anyone here been on stage?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Playing next week at the Werehouse in Winston Salem, NC. :D
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    I love being on stage. It's been a while though. I was in a band for a long time and we did loadsa gigs. That was fun. The n I did a show in school when I was about 17. Frikkin loved it. Never tried proper acting though. I dunno if I'd be much good at it. I do love writing though. Working on a screenplay at the moment, and should be making a short after Christmas.
    :eek: I didn't know all that about you :) that's pretty cool. Will ya keep us updated?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I played - as far as I know - my last stage appearance of the year, last night. I have withdrawal symptoms already. Up on a stage, when I close my eyes and just play music, I feel completely calm. It's a wonderful moment, and I'm addicted to that feeling, especially when you can hear the crowd hushing and tuning in, too.
  • Options
    Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444

Ask me sometime about almost getting arrested for doing Shakespeare in London. :) and no, it wasn't cause I was bad!

So, what was that about almost getting arrested for doing Shakespeare in London? ;)

When I was 7, my school choir had to sing The Messiah (the one with Hallelujah) at the Konzerthaus in Vienna.

A few years later I played someone trying (and succeeding in) smuggling cigarettes over the border in a play in French put on by my school to get more students signing up for French 4 years earlier than was mandatory.

One year, the principal had the bright idea to put on a fashion show where we had to model things we made in class ourselves. We went out in duos and I paired up with my best friend at that time who had 95kg (at the age of 12) and I wasn't even half that, so we got some really big laughs when we went out on stage. We must have looked like the female Laurel & Hardy, we had just never realised it :D
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Got my degree in Performing Arts. Attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts.

So, on stage a lot in high school, all through college and then in a company in San Francisco for a while.

Finally decided I didn't like the competitive nature of it all and just wanted to keep it as my passion.

Ask me sometime about almost getting arrested for doing Shakespeare in London. :) and no, it wasn't cause I was bad!
    :eek: you were at RADA?! the proper course or just some summer workshop?

and I want to know about that Shakespeare arrest ;)
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    When I'm on stage, I like the way I have to concentrate straight through no matter what happens...and how I can get lost in what I'm doing to the point that I almost forget that there are people there. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    When I'm on stage, I like the way I have to concentrate straight through no matter what happens...and how I can get lost in what I'm doing to the point that I almost forget that there are people there. :)

I loved when I was playing on stage and things were going really well, and everything would just mesh with the others in the band, and the music would just seem to start to drive itself.
    It's an extraordinary feeling where I would move from concentrating on what I was doing to my brain and fingers going into autopilot and I wouldn't even realize I was playing or realize there was an audience. I miss that!

I want to come up to see you play Justam! :cool:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
  • Options
    Four of my buddies and I played a from what ive heard great version of All Along The Watchtower in front of our high school. Everyone told us we played great that night so im hoping we did. I had a blast either way I loved it.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."