472-7272(papa)

papa johns....
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    1. Marinate chicken in soyvay wasibiyaki http://www.soyvay.com/
    2. Throw the bird on the grill until done
    3. Sautee some Ancho peppers, green peppers, red peppers, & and Onion in EVOO and lime juice.
    4. Add fresh corn to # 3 during the last 5 minutes
    5. Cook up some black beans
    6. Assemble the above in a tortilla with your favorite fixings i.e S.cream / Avocado / Salsa.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    T C HT C H Posts: 85
    Turn your pan on to a high heat.
    Take a piece of fillet steak,
    Rub extra virgin olive oil all over it,
    Then rub sea salt and freshly cracked pepper into it.
    Throw it on the high heat pan for a couple of seconds on each side (or until charred).
    Then turn heat down to a low - medium and cook to your liking.
    I like to do it for about 10 mins turning it over every now and then.

Simple i know, but you'd be suprised how many people don't know how to cook a good steak.
    I've got a Gibson without a case, but I can't get that even tanned look on my face...
  • Options
    1 cup self raising flour
    1/2 cup white sugar
    2 tablespoons of Cocoa
    1 teaspoon vanilla essence
    3 table spoons butter
    1/2 cup milk

1/4 cup Cocoa
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    2 cups boiling water.

pre-heat oven to 190 degrees Celcius.

mix together all dry ingredients in mixing bowl. add the milk and vanilla essence to melted butter.... stir wet mixture in with the dry ingredients. mix well so there are no lumps and mix is well airated.
    put mix into a deep oven dish. sprinkle over mixture the 1/4 cup cocoa and the brown sugar. pour boiling water over the top of the mix and place into oven for 45-55 mins.

ENJOY with cream or ice-cream!!

YUM!!
    I'd rather be with an animal.
  • Options
    m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    1 store bought pizza dough - or pick one up from your favorite pizzeria
    Extra- virgin olive oil, for drizzling
    2 cups whole or part skim ricotta
    2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    Handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
    2 cups shredded mozzarella or provolone, 1 pouch
    10 fresh basil leaves, 1/2 cup, shredded

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
    Stretch dough to form a pie and transfer to pizza baking tray. Pierce the dough with the tines of a fork in several places. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil around the crust. Mix the ricotta cheese with garlic and parsley and season it with salt and black pepper. Spread the ricotta across the dough. Top the pizza with mozzarella or provolone. Bake until crispy, 20 minutes. Top the white pizza pie with the shredded basil leaves, cut and serve
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    sugar (loads of)
    condensed milk (loads of)
    butter (blob of)
    vanilla extract (smidgeon of)

stick in a saucepan and melt down... throw gloop onto a greaseproof paper lined baking tray and stick in fridge... wait till sets and then eat :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Sift the following together:

2 1/4 cups flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt

This is group A

Temper over double boiler the following (in other words put in a glass bowl, and put over a pot of simmer/boiling water until it's body temperature)
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract (or use a vanilla bean)
    1/2 tablespoon Kahlua
    2 teaspoons espresso (ristretto if possible, means less water)
    1 egg

This is group B

Mix together the following using a paddle attachment until all one color and smooth:

1 cup brown sugar
    3 tablespoons white sugar
    1/2 cup butter (soft makes it easier to join the sugars)

This is group C

Once group C is "creamed" on a medium to high speed, slowly pour group B on a slow to medium speed. The slower speed helps them join better without that curdled look. Then once it's all the same shade, and a lighter shade than what you originally saw, scrape down the sides of the bowl. In fact scrape down the bowl throughout when you think it's not mixing uniformily. Add group A all at once. Pulse a few times so the ingredients don't fly off. Then mix until incorporated, but not one mix more than that. Then add 5 oz (or more it's up to you) of M&Ms. The kahlua evens the bitterness of the M&Ms. Let sit in the fridge for an hour. This will help to harden the butter and the cookies would be less likely to spread. However, too long and the kahlua may overpower.

Using a 1/4 cup or a large ice cream scoop, dollop cookies on prepared pans. With a wet hand smush down so they are not domed. I use a meat pounder. They may be about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Makes about 15-18 cookies. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 19 minutes. Switch front to back half way through. The middle should still be a little soft to the touch, but the outer parts may be set. Let stand on baking sheet about 2 minutes after take out from oven. Then transfer to baking sheet to cool.

Next time the Caramel Walnut Chocolate Chunk recipe.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    SchlitzSchlitz Posts: 141
    Oh and here is a dip that is very simply but extremely sassy:

1lb ground turkey meat
    1 thing of cream cheese
    1 container of sour cream
    2 packets of taco seasoning
    1 packet of shredded mexican blend cheese
    green onion
    tomato
    black olives

Cook turkey meat in pan with taco seasoning (the recipe originally called for two packets but I put almost two in for more taste). Combine sour cream and cream cheese then add meat in after it's cooked. Just pour evenly into a casserole dish and sprinkle cheese on top and add toppings of your liking. I got huge compliments of this at picnic I took it too. So simply but extremely good. Much better then using beef.
    i have to remain at top sassiness, even though my inner sass is struggling
  • Options
    This is called Smurf Dip. Not classy but yummy. And I detest Velveeta.

1 Large Brick of Velveeta
    1.5 Lbs. Bulk Hot Sausage
    1 Jar Hot Salsa
    Handful of Jalapenos, chopped
    Few TBS of Milk

Cook and drain Hot Sausage, set aside. Cube velveeta and throw into a crockpot. Add cooked/drained hot sausage. Add 1 Jar Hot Salsa & Jalapenos. Put Crock Pot on High for about a half an hour and stir occasionally untnil everything is melted, then turn down to low. Add Milk to thin. I add Red Pepper Flakes 'cause we like to poop fire, but it's spicy as is.

Keep dip hot, serve with tortilla chips.

YUM!

Here's another goodie, everyone else loves it, I think it's gross, but I hate cream cheese.

Chicken Wing Dip:

2 Bricks of Cream Cheese
    3 Chicken Breasts
    1 Big Jar Franks Red Hot or Nance's Wing Sauce
    1 TSP Celery Seed
    Dash Garlic Powder
    2 Cups Mozz Cheese

Boil 3 chicken breasts until cooked. Cool and shred with a fork. Marinate chicken in Franks Red Hot, Celery Seed & Garlic Powder and 1 cup of Cheese for at least an hour. Spread Softened Cream Cheese in a 9 x 13 pan. Spread chicken mixture over cream cheese, top with 1 cup Mozz. Bake in 350 degree oven for a half hour or until bubbly. Serve with celery sticks, tortilla chips & Triscuts.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • Options
    1 Large Brick of Velveeta
    1.5 Lbs. Bulk Hot Sausage
    1 Jar Hot Salsa
    Handful of Jalapenos, chopped
    Few TBS of Milk
    ohmymy that looks really hot! Just thinking of it makes my eyes roll into the back of my head ;)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    aqua amesaqua ames Seattle Posts: 94
    drivingrl wrote:
    That's an excellent idea, Bebe! Seriously, if you collect enough recipes, they should sell the book in the Goods section.

Great idea! It could also be used for the Wishlist Foundation, CCFA benefits, etc. One of the newsletters from not too long ago had a banana bread recipe in it- I think it was Kerensa's? Can't remember for sure, but I'll have to check on that. Maybe there is a way to get more official pj folks like her to submit a recipe too? Recipes could be compiled into a book, and sold as a fundraiser type thing.
    2000: Seattle I & II
    2003: Fargo, St Paul, Santa Barbara
    2005: The Gorge & Thunder Bay
    2006: Chicago I & II, St Paul I & II, Portland, The Gorge I & II,
    Honolulu
    2009: Seattle I & II, Portland
    2011: Vancouver B.C.
    2013: Wrigley Field Chicago & Seattle
    2014: St. Paul
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    aqua ames wrote:
    Great idea! It could also be used for the Wishlist Foundation, CCFA benefits, etc. One of the newsletters from not too long ago had a banana bread recipe in it- I think it was Kerensa's? Can't remember for sure, but I'll have to check on that. Maybe there is a way to get more official pj folks like her to submit a recipe too? Recipes could be compiled into a book, and sold as a fundraiser type thing.
    I think it's a good idea.

Each recipe could have it's own PJ inspired name. :)
  • Options
    hsewifhsewif Posts: 444
    Easy -
    Take two heads of garlic
    Chop off the tops and make sure they're not spoiled (green shoots on the cloves)
    Lightly cover them in olive oil (or a less fatty substitute)
    Wrap them in aluminum foil (except for the tops)
    Turn on oven to 400
    Roast for about 45 minutes.
    Pull them out, they should be fairly soft. Remove the cloves, mash them all together, and enjoy them on a fresh baguette.
    Then totally annoy all your coworkers the next day!!!
    I LOVE garlic!

I'll have to try it this way. I follow your first 3 steps but I don't cover them with anything and I cook them at a much lower temp (300) for a much longer time (over an hour). I don't mash them all together, either, I just dip into a clove when I'm ready for a bite.

Here's something I usually make at the same time because the bread is already there.

Take 2 logs of goat cheese and lay them in an 8x8 ceramic or glass casserole dish. pour 1 jar of spaghetti sauce over the top and bake uncovered at 300 until the cheese is really hot. (around 1/2 hour) If you want to get fancy, add a little parsley and/or fresh grated parmesan cheese after baking.

The key is the sauce....I usually use a brand that isn't too thick and has big chunks of tomatoes and artichoke hearts in it. Rediculously simple but a big party favorite along with the garlic bulbs.

Red wine a must. :)
  • Options
    BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    sugar (loads of)
    condensed milk (loads of)
    butter (blob of)
    vanilla extract (smidgeon of)

stick in a saucepan and melt down... throw gloop onto a greaseproof paper lined baking tray and stick in fridge... wait till sets and then eat :)

HA!!! my Scottish husband thanks you because of this recipe..He's like...'good candy for a change"!!
    Where is Lowlight?
  • Options
    :: Disclaimer :: This recipe was born in 1994 when we were trapped at a friends house w/ an oz. of mushrooms during a vicious windstorm.

1. Make 1 package of Stove Top Stuffing ( Set aside )
    2. Pan Fry 3 large Chicken Breasts(cut into pieces) w/ EVOO and either Cholula or Frank's hot sauce until fully cooked.
    3. Place cooked chicken over a bed of stuffing
    4. Garnish with a dollop of Sour Cream and 1 piece of parsley
    5. Serve with an Ice Cold Pabst

Done!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guys try this because it's so easy and tasty and kids can make it..with supervision of course.

Thanks!
    Where is Lowlight?
  • Options
    aqua amesaqua ames Seattle Posts: 94
    mca47 wrote:
    I think it's a good idea.

Each recipe could have it's own PJ inspired name. :)

I found the banana bread recipe. It is from the DEEP magazine winter/spring 2006. (White with a variety of blue graphics that sort of look like waves)

Here is what it says:

This issues recipe comes from Ten Club's Kerensa Wight

For the first edition of Deep I thought I would throw in my favorite bananna bread recipe from an antiquated cookbook that was handed down to me by my grandmother, Thelma. It's not rocket science, and I'm sre there are more complicated versions of this delicious treat...but I like to keep ti simple, and nobody seems to complain when I bring it into the office! There is never any left by the end of the day!

Always use very ripe, almost brown, bananas. They will give you the most flavor. I do like to add walnuts to this recipie too. I have tried adding hazelnuts or pecans too...but why mess with tradition? I think walnuts taste best! The trick is to not overbeat the batter...if you mix it too much, the bread will become very dense.
    I also encourage you to bake it for one hour...it never seems to be quite done if I only bake it for the 45-50 minutes like the recipe instructs. It could just be my overn, so make sure to test it with a toothpick or cake tester before removing it. If the bread is undercooked, the middle will sink and be very gooey. That always bums me out. But a successful banana bread is moist and perfectly-shaped. And it makes your kitchen smell yummy!! Give it a whirl...and let us know how you do! Happy Baking!!! ~ K's kitchen

BANANA BREAD - from The Grange Cookbook
    Recipe by: Mildred Lund of Pembroke ME

1 egg
    3/4 c sugar
    1/4 c butter or margarine
    3 bananas, mashed fine
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 1/2 c flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp salt

Beat egg in bowl; add sugar and butter. Cream mixture together; add mashed bananas and vanilla. Mix all together. Sift flour, soda and sale; add to banana mixture and stir until well blended. Turn into 6x10 in loaf pan. Bake at 325 to 350 degrees from 45 - 50 minutes. This recipe never fails.

RECIPES FOR LIFE is written on the bottom first page
    2000: Seattle I & II
    2003: Fargo, St Paul, Santa Barbara
    2005: The Gorge & Thunder Bay
    2006: Chicago I & II, St Paul I & II, Portland, The Gorge I & II,
    Honolulu
    2009: Seattle I & II, Portland
    2011: Vancouver B.C.
    2013: Wrigley Field Chicago & Seattle
    2014: St. Paul
  • Options
    SharonCSharonC Posts: 105
    Some of these sound really good! I've got to start copying them. :)
    BeBe wrote:
    Okay my fellow fans, I would like to start a thread for everyone's favorite, easy and tasty recipe. I myself would like someone's family recipe for chili.

I am going to put the best recipe for "Picadillo" soon and other Cuban dishes. I have won many awards for my cuban recipes, so I am going to pass down the ingredients.

BeBe, it doesn't look like you ever got a chili recipe. I have a couple that are both fantastic!!

Pumpkin Chili

2 pounds ground beef
    1 large onion, diced
    1 green bell pepper, diced
    2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
    1 (46 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
    1 (28 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
    1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree (or pureed fresh pumpkin)
    1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1/4 cup white sugar

DIRECTIONS:
    In a large pot over medium heat, cook beef until brown; drain. Stir in onion and bell pepper and cook 5 minutes. Stir in beans, tomato juice, diced tomatoes and pumpkin puree. Season with pumpkin pie spice, chili powder and sugar. Simmer 1 hour. Or I usually brown the meat and throw everything into the crockpot for the day instead of cooking it on the stove.

30 Minute Turkey Chili

3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    1 medium yellow onion, chopped
    5 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 tablespoon kosher salt
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 tablespoon tomato paste
    1 chipotle chile en adobo, coarsely chopped, with 1 tablespoon sauce
    1 pound ground turkey
    1 (12-ounce) Mexican lager-style beer
    1 (14 1/2-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, with their juice
    1 (15 1/2-ounce) can kidney beans or black beans, rinsed and drained
    Sliced scallions, cilantro sprigs, avocado, sour cream, grated Monterey jack cheese, and/or tortilla chips, for garnish, optional

Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, salt, chili powder, and oregano and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and the chipotle chile and sauce; cook 1 minute more. Add the turkey, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, and cook until the meat loses its raw color, about 3 minutes. Add the beer and simmer until reduced by about half, about 8 minutes. Add the tomatoes—crushing them through your fingers into the skillet—along with their juices and the beans; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 10 minutes.
    Ladle the chili into bowls and serve with the garnishes of your choice.

Enjoy!!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    BeBe wrote:
    HA!!! my Scottish husband thanks you because of this recipe..He's like...'good candy for a change"!!

brilliant :D

heres a good one for him then:-

Here's a recipe for the beloved Haggis of Scotland. In addition to the other naughty (read "delectable") bits, the lungs are traditionally included in Scotland, but are omitted here as it's illegal to sell lungs in the U.S. (Any clues as to why, anybody?). Some folks also think that liver shouldn't be used ..."

1 sheep's lung (illegal in the U.S.; may be omitted if not available)
    1 sheep's stomach
    1 sheep heart
    1 sheep liver
    1/2 lb fresh suet (kidney leaf fat is preferred)
    3/4 cup oatmeal (the ground type, NOT the Quaker Oats type!)
    3 onions, finely chopped
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne
    1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
    3/4 cup stock

Wash lungs and stomach well, rub with salt and rinse. Remove membranes and excess fat. Soak in cold salted water for several hours. Turn stomach inside out for stuffing.
    Cover heart and liver with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Chop heart and coarsely grate liver. Toast oatmeal in a skillet on top of the stove, stirring frequently, until golden. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Loosely pack mixture into stomach, about two-thirds full. Remember, oatmeal expands in cooking.

Press any air out of stomach and truss securely. Put into boiling water to cover. Simmer for 3 hours, uncovered, adding more water as needed to maintain water level. Prick stomach several times with a sharp needle when it begins to swell; this keeps the bag from bursting. Place on a hot platter, removing trussing strings. Serve with a spoon. Ceremoniously served with "neeps, tatties and nips" -- mashed turnips, mashed potatoes, nips of whiskey
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Two slices of Bread
    cheese spread
    4 slices of ham
    two varietys of cheese(grated) I usually go for Irish Carberry and Red Leicester
    mushrooms(diced)
    small knob of butter

Take bread, spread the cheese spread on the bread, place two slices of ham on each slice of bread distribute the grated cheese over the top so there is a nice even consistency across the top, cook the diced mushrooms in the knob of butter and sprinkle across the top of the cheese covered bread, place on the grilling tray and cook until the cheese has melted.
    Eat and enjoy.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    lgtlgt Posts: 720
    This is a tried and tested recipe, and much requested from friends as dessert!

Serves 6

4-5 spoonfuls caster sugar (depends on how sweet you like it)

4-5 yolks (OPTIONAL: set aside the egg whites in order to whip up and incorporate as part of the cream filling)

500gr Mascarpone cheese

Coffee (ideally espresso strong coffee) – 1 mug

250gr Sponge fingers biscuits (savoiardi in Italian)

Cocoa powder

OPTIONAL– Liqueur to flavour the coffee (Marsala typically, or Cognac, Rum, or whatever floats your boat!)

P.S. I do not know the equivalent of grams in American measurements, sorry!

1 - Prepare the coffee and leave it to cool at room temperature.
    2 - Beat the mascarpone cheese so as to break down any lumps.
    3 - Mix the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl then pour in the mascarpone and mix together until you have a smooth cream.

OPTIONAL: Whip up the egg whites and add delicately to the egg/sugar/mascarpone cream mixture

4 – Add some water to the espresso coffee to dilute.

OPTIONAL: Mix in the Marsala or other liqueur in the coffee

5 – Dip the Savoiardi biscuits in the coffee but quite lightly (so they are not soaked up completely in coffee!)

6 – Place the biscuits in a rectangular ovenproof/serving dish in one layer

7 – Add then a layer of the mascarpone/egg/sugar cream mixture

8 – Add another layer of biscuits and then finish with one layer of cream

9 – Sprinkle cocoa powder to serve

10 – Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving

And that's it! Enjoy! It's YUMMY!

oh, a little trivia for you: tiramisu' means pick-me-up in Italian.

Ciao,
    Laura :)
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    The best sandwich EVER!

Two slices of fresh white bread
    Butter/margarine
    Vegemite

Place two slices of bread on a plate
    Spread butter/margarine on the two slices
    Spread vegemite on one slice of bread

Mmmmmmmmm..... :D

You non-Aussies don't know what you're missing!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    HoonHoon Posts: 175

~Peanut Butter Supercookies~

Cream together:

1 cup Margarine, Butter, or Soybutter
    1 cup chunky peanut butter

Add:

1 3/4 cups brown sugar
    2 beaten eggs (or egg substitute)
    1/4 teaspoon real vanilla

Mix in:

2 cups whole wheat flour (or use acorn flour for half the flour for an even richer flavor, but the whole wheat flour is pretty cool itself)

2 teaspoons baking powder

Add:

2 cups oatmeal (or granola) and optional 1 cup raisins

or just go with:

1 cup raisins and 1 cup chopped peanuts in place of the oatmeal

Drop by huge spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet, flatten with a fork. Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Makes 18 huge cookies!
    If you keep yourself as the final arbiter you will be less susceptible to infection from cultural illusion.
  • Options
    HoonHoon Posts: 175
    If you keep yourself as the final arbiter you will be less susceptible to infection from cultural illusion.
  • Options
    Hoon wrote:

Thanks for the conversion sites! The one I had in favs was horrible!
    Haggis!! Oh my!!!! My husband just drooled. I'm not sure I can do that one..lol!

Thanks for the chili recipe (the turkey one sounds great)!

I think I'm going to get some website and do a website for PJ fans' recipes..my son gave me that idea!
    Where is Lowlight?
  • Options

2 cups flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt

This is group A

Temper over double boiler the following (in other words put in a glass bowl, and put over a pot of simmer/boiling water until it's body temperature)
    2 tablespoon vanilla extract (or use a vanilla bean)
    1 1/2 teaspoons espresso (ristretto if possible, means less water)
    1 egg

This is group B

Mix together the following using a paddle attachment until all one color and smooth:

1 cup brown sugar
    2 tablespoons white sugar

This is group C

8 oz bittersweet chocolate - melted over a double boiler then cooled
    6 oz white chocolate - chopped

Once group C is "creamed" on a medium to high speed, slowly pour group B on a slow to medium speed. The slower speed helps them join better without that curdled look. Then once it's all the same shade, and a lighter shade than what you originally saw, scrape down the sides of the bowl. In fact scrape down the bowl throughout when you think it's not mixing uniformily. Add group A all at once. Pulse a few times so the ingredients don't fly off. Then mix until incorporated, but not one mix more than that. Pour then mix the bittersweet chocolate until uniform, then add the white chocolate chunks. This has a consistency of thick brownies/fudge.

Using a 1/4 cup or a large ice cream scoop, dollop cookies on prepared pans. With a wet hand smush down so they are not domed. I use a meat pounder. They may be about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Makes about 15-18 cookies. Let sit in the fridge for an hour. This will help to harden the butter and the cookies would be less likely to spread. Also, due to the amount of chocolate, if you portioned them after they were in the fridge, the batter would be very hard. They must be portioned before you put them in the fridge. You'll notice them hardening even before you put them in the fridge.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 18 minutes. Switch front to back half way through. The middle should still be a little soft to the touch, but the outer parts may be set. Let stand on baking sheet about 2 minutes after take out from oven. Then transfer to baking sheet to cool.
  • Options

1 3/4 cups flour
    1 cup quick oats
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp allspice

This is group A

2 tablespoon vanilla extract (or use a vanilla bean)
    1 1/2 teaspoons espresso (ristretto if possible, means less water)
    1 egg
    1/8 cup maple syrup

This is group B

1 cup brown sugar
    3 tablespoons white sugar

This is group C

6 oz raisins
    1/2 cup coconut

Once group C is "creamed" on a medium to high speed, slowly pour group B on a slow to medium speed. The slower speed helps them join better without that curdled look. Then once it's all the same shade, and a lighter shade than what you originally saw, scrape down the sides of the bowl. In fact scrape down the bowl throughout when you think it's not mixing uniformily. Add group A all at once. Pulse a few times so the ingredients don't fly off. Then mix until incorporated, but not one mix more than that. Then add the raisins and coconut at the same time until incorporated

Using a 1/4 cup or a large ice cream scoop, dollop cookies on prepared pans. With a wet hand smush down so they are not domed. I use a meat pounder. They may be about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Makes about 15-18 cookies. Let sit in the fridge for an hour. This will help to harden the butter and the cookies would be less likely to spread.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 17-18 minutes. Switch front to back half way through. The middle should still be a little soft to the touch, but the outer parts may be set. Let stand on baking sheet about 2 minutes after take out from oven. Then transfer to baking sheet to cool.
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    Well if this isn't a thread for stoners.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    I posted this in What song is What food in Words and communication. The recipe is so easy and good that I decided this would be a good place for it also.

It's actually a very good recipe from I forget the name of the book, I'll add it tomorrow including the full title. If I remember correctly the recipe consists of the following:

2 oz unsweetened chocolate - I used callebut: A
    1/2 cup butter - I used european style: B
    1/2 flour: C
    1/2 tsp salt (?): D
    1 cup sugar: E
    1/2 cup toasted pecans: F
    2 eggs: G

I added a lot of steps that I'm used to:

Preheat oven for over 20 minutes to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8" glass baking dish with tin foil, with some hanging over. Fold the hanging over to the sides on the outside. Do this 2 times so that two rectangles of tin foil are crossing within the glass baking dish. What this does is make it very easy to lift the baked brownies out of the dish as you just grab the ends of the tin foil. Spray with foil cooking spray.

Temper G in a glass bowl by iteself over simmering water (make body temperature), set aside.

Chop then melt A in glass bowl over simmering water. Remove from water before it all melts, the little unmelted chocolate will all melt on it's own.

Sift C + D together, then add F to the bowl.

Melt B in a glass/metal bowl over simmering water. Remove from heat and add E, and mix. Then back on simmering water, and just wait until it almost bubbles, and is shiny, a few minutes. This will add the crust on top when the brownies bake.

Remove from heat and add A, and stir to incorporate with a whisk. Then add G and stir to incorporate with a whisk. Then add F+D+C, and stir with a whisk/spatula/wooden spoon to incorporate.

Pour into prepared pan, bake 20 minutes. After 10 minutes turn around for even baking. Remove from oven when toothpick or cake tester comes out clean. Let cool away from oven. When cool remove from pan by grabbing two ends of the tin foil. Place on a rack. Put a cutting board or another rack on top. Turn over and remove the tin foil. Remove back to rightside up. Cut in squares or rectangles.
  • Options
    INGREDIENTS:
    1/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
    1/4 cup flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 cups milk
    1/4 pound VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product , cut up
    1 (8 ounce) package KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese , divided
    2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked, drained
    2 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs

DIRECTIONS:
    Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in large saucepan on low heat. Blend in flour and salt; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually add milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add prepared cheese product and 1-1/2 cups of the shredded cheese; stir until melted. Stir in macaroni.
    Pour into lightly greased 1-1/2-quart casserole. Melt remaining 1 Tablespoon butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle casserole with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bread crumb mixture.
    Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

my brother said it's the best thing he's ever had:)
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    brain of c wrote:
    2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup (2 sticks, 1/2 pound) butter, softened

3/4 cup granulated [white] sugar

3/4 cup packed brown sugar (how come you taste so good?)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 eggs

2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels

1 cup chopped nuts

mmm.........cookies.