Options

Post your favorite RECIPE here!

BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
edited April 2009 in All Encompassing Trip
Okay my fellow fans, I would like to start a thread for everyone's favorite, easy and tasty recipe. I myself would like someone's family recipe for chili.

I am going to put the best recipe for "Picadillo" soon and other Cuban dishes. I have won many awards for my cuban recipes, so I am going to pass down the ingredients.
Where is Lowlight?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup (2 sticks, 1/2 pound) butter, softened

3/4 cup granulated [white] sugar

3/4 cup packed brown sugar (how come you taste so good?)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 eggs

2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels

1 cup chopped nuts
  • Options
    Stacked Polenta with eggplant, tomato, mozzarella and balsamic vinegar
    2 Cups Water
    ½ t Salt
    ½ Cup Yellow Cornmeal
    ¼ Cup Grated Romano Cheese
    1 T butter
    ¼ Cup Chopped Fresh Basil
    2 Large Egg Plants
    4 tomatos
    8 oz Fresh Mozerella Balls
    Olive Oil
    Balsamic Vinegar
    Salt and Pepper to taste

Boil water and salt in medium sauce pan. Slowly whisk in cornmeal. Turn down to medium low heat and simmer until polenta is very thick, whisking constantly. Remove from heat add cheese and butter, whisk until melted. Fold in basil and season generously with pepper. Spread in 9*9*2 baking pan and chill for at least one hour. For the stacks cut eggplant into1/2 inch round season with olive oil and salt and pepper broil until each side is golden brown. Cut tomatoes into ½ inch rounds and drizzle each slice with balsamic vinegar. Cut mozzarella into ¼ inch slices. Preheat oven to 375. Cut polenta into squares. Stack the eggplant, then the mozzarella, and the then tomatoes. Bake until the stack heat through and all of the cheese is melted. About 15 minutes.
    8/25/00 8/27/00 8/29/00 8/30/00 10/4/00 4/29/03 7/8/03 7/9/03 9/28/04 9/29/04 5/12/06 5/13/06 5/24/06 5/25/06 6/1/06 6/3/06 8/5/07

Keepin us close, so close... on down the line... sometimes I burn like a dot on the sun
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Shredded BBQ Pork

1 3 1/2 lb. pork loin, boneless
    2 bottles Dinosaur BBQ slathering sauce (or other fave bbq sauce)
    big soft bulky rolls

Put the pork loin into crock pot w/ just enough water to cover the bottom. Cook on low for 7 hours, take the pork out and onto cutting board, and drain water/fat. Using two forks, shred pork so that it falls apart. Put back into crockpot and add a bottle and a half of sauce, mix. Cook on low an additional 30 min. to an hour. Make sandwiches with the rolls, add additional sauce on pork as needed. Yum!
  • Options
    Stacked Polenta with eggplant, tomato, mozzarella and balsamic vinegar
    2 Cups Water
    ½ t Salt
    ½ Cup Yellow Cornmeal
    ¼ Cup Grated Romano Cheese
    1 T butter
    ¼ Cup Chopped Fresh Basil
    2 Large Egg Plants
    4 tomatos
    8 oz Fresh Mozerella Balls
    Olive Oil
    Balsamic Vinegar
    Salt and Pepper to taste

Boil water and salt in medium sauce pan. Slowly whisk in cornmeal. Turn down to medium low heat and simmer until polenta is very thick, whisking constantly. Remove from heat add cheese and butter, whisk until melted. Fold in basil and season generously with pepper. Spread in 9*9*2 baking pan and chill for at least one hour. For the stacks cut eggplant into1/2 inch round season with olive oil and salt and pepper broil until each side is golden brown. Cut tomatoes into ½ inch rounds and drizzle each slice with balsamic vinegar. Cut mozzarella into ¼ inch slices. Preheat oven to 375. Cut polenta into squares. Stack the eggplant, then the mozzarella, and the then tomatoes. Bake until the stack heat through and all of the cheese is melted. About 15 minutes.

A recipe using polenta!! Brings memories from my Romanian neighbor..Ah, this one sounds like my dinner for tomorrow night. I am really getting back into cooking thanks to my redesigned kitchen. now it's actually a pleasure to cook.
    Where is Lowlight?
  • Options
    denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    Two scoops of Lean Mass Matrix
    1 cup of Ice
    Five strawberries
    1 scoop Glutamine
    1 Scoop raw creatine
    1 cup water
    1 cup of whole milk
    2 oz's of Burbon
    Blend Until Smooth
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • Options
    5 double cheeseburgers from white castle....

and a diet coke........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    5 double cheeseburgers from white castle....

and a diet coke........

and don't forget the sack of fries

white castle has the best french fries

and coffee too.....
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Perfect after work recipe: 4 beers, 2 red wines, 2 bongs and 15 cigarettes!

;) ... sad thing is, IT'S TRUE!!! :o:D

Mmmmmmm....I love these stuffed mushrooms:

Mushrooms (12+)
    Onion (finely cut)
    Small tub of Philedelphia Cream Cheese
    Bacon (diced)
    Cheese
    Salt and Pepper

* Remove stalks of mushrooms and scoop out a little bit of the inside flesh with a teaspoon -- set aside mushrooms on a lightly greased oven tray
    * Finely chop the mushroom stalks and flesh
    * Cook the onion, bacon, mushroom stalks/scooped out flesh, salt and pepper in a small fry pan on the stove until all cooked.
    * Put Philly Cream Cheese in a glass bowl. Add onion/bacon/mushroom mixture and mix well.
    * Scoop mixture into each hollowed out mushroom.
    * Sprinkle with cheese.

Put in the oven until cheese melted.

Yummy!!!!!!!! And really quick and easy!!!!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    For the crust:

Spread one package of cookie dough of your choice (sugar cookie, chocolate chip, etc.) thin onto pizza pan like you would a pizza crust, and bake from 12 to 14 minutes at 350 degrees. After it's done baking, let cool.

For the sauce:

Mix one package of cream cheese,
    1/3 cup of sugar (or 1/4 if you don't care for too much sugar like me),
    1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract (or more if you like vanilla a lot like me)
    Optional: A little bit of brandy

Mix thoroughly and spread onto cooled cookie crust like you would sauce on a pizza crust.

Toppings:

Any fruits of your choice. I usually prefer strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, peaches, kiwi, and sometimes blackberries. As a warning, pineapples and bananas are a bit sweet for such a recipe.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    SchlitzSchlitz Posts: 141
    This is an easy but amazing turkey burger recipe (if you don't like too salty then only use half of the ingredients for either the soy sauce or the onion soup mix):

INGREDIENTS:
    1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
    1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
    1 egg, lightly beaten (optional)
    6 hamburger buns, split

DIRECTIONS:
    In a large bowl, mix the turkey with the onion soup mix, pepper, garlic powder, soy sauce, and egg. Refrigerate the mixture about 10 minutes, then form into 6 patties.
    Preheat the grill for medium-high heat.
    Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the patties on the grill. Cook for 20 minutes, turning once, or until well done. The inside of the burgers will look whitish in color when cooked through. Serve on buns.
    i have to remain at top sassiness, even though my inner sass is struggling
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Ohmygawd! These look so good! I'm looking forward to seeing the Cuban recipes. I'll post a cookie recipe. Probably from the King Arthur Flour Cookie Cook Book or one that I made up. Actually, I created a very good chocolate chunk walnuts caramel cookie. I'll find the recipe and post it.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    2 oz. blue agave tequila
    1 oz. Grand Marnier
    1-2 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
    salt
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    and don't forget the sack of fries

white castle has the best french fries

and coffee too.....

"We've got the ladies from the 80's and we're eating White Castle!"
    :D
  • Options
    doogdoog Posts: 59
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Perfect after work recipe: 4 beers, 2 red wines, 2 bongs and 15 cigarettes!

;) ... sad thing is, IT'S TRUE!!! :o:D

Mmmmmmm....I love these stuffed mushrooms:

Mushrooms (12+)
    Onion (finely cut)
    Small tub of Philedelphia Cream Cheese
    Bacon (diced)
    Cheese
    Salt and Pepper

They have Philadelphia cream cheese in Australia? who knew?...

Here's a very easy "Cuban-Stlye" hamburger recipe i stole directly from Bobby Flay, from the Food Network. It's very easy-if you can make hamburgers on the grill, you can easily do this.

1. Grill a hamburger on the grill.

2. Put the following things on your buns:

Dijon Mustard
    Mayonnaise
    Swiss Cheese
    A piece of Ham (preferably smoked ham-but any kind will do)
    Pickles (i like to use the "stackers" - the ones that are cut thin, vertically)

3. When the burger is cooked, assemble it w/all the above mentioned items. Make sure the mustard, mayonnaise, and cheese are on both buns. You want the cheese on both buns so that the cheese will smother the rest of the ingredients from the top and bottom.

4. Once the burger and all the condiments are assembled on the bun, wrap the whole burger (bun, condiments, and everything) in foil.

5. Put the foil-wrapped burgers back on the grill for 1-2 minutes on each side. You just want to heat everything up long enough so that the cheese melts and gets sort of gooey!

6. If you have something heavy that WON'T BURN on the grill, (like a brick), you can set the brick on top of the foil-wrapped burgers to kind of flatten them out a little. This process will also help the buns toast just a little.

This is a great, easy way to put a little different spin on grillin' burgers. Muy deliciosa!
  • Options
    drivingrl wrote:
    For the crust:

Spread one package of cookie dough of your choice (sugar cookie, chocolate chip, etc.) thin onto pizza pan like you would a pizza crust, and bake from 12 to 14 minutes at 350 degrees. After it's done baking, let cool.

For the sauce:

Mix one package of cream cheese,
    1/3 cup of sugar (or 1/4 if you don't care for too much sugar like me),
    1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract (or more if you like vanilla a lot like me)
    Optional: A little bit of brandy

Mix thoroughly and spread onto cooled cookie crust like you would sauce on a pizza crust.

Toppings:

Any fruits of your choice. I usually prefer strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, peaches, kiwi, and sometimes blackberries. As a warning, pineapples and bananas are a bit sweet for such a recipe.

MMMMMMM...I love fruit pizza...I think it's a Southern thing though, when I moved to Jersey, no one's ever heard of it.

I'm going to have to cook tonight. Maybe a recipe from this thread. I love to cook...
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • Options
    yum...some of these recipes look so goooood!

and bebe... bring on the cuban food...my husband is of cuban descent and i can also use some good recipes!!
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    Cream Cheese Coffeecake

Bottom:
    1 yellow cake mix
    3 eggs
    1 stick butter softened

Top:
    1 8 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese
    3 eggs
    3 c confectioners sugar

Cream butter, add eggs and cake mix for bottom layer. Combine well. Spread in 9 x 13 lightly buttered pan. Mixture will be thick.

Mix top ingredients and pour over bottom.

Bake 350 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned.
    Dust with confectioners sugar.

Enjoy
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    bmwweirdoguybmwweirdoguy Right of Seattle Posts: 228
    Easy -
    Take two heads of garlic
    Chop off the tops and make sure they're not spoiled (green shoots on the cloves)
    Lightly cover them in olive oil (or a less fatty substitute)
    Wrap them in aluminum foil (except for the tops)
    Turn on oven to 400
    Roast for about 45 minutes.
    Pull them out, they should be fairly soft. Remove the cloves, mash them all together, and enjoy them on a fresh baguette.
    Then totally annoy all your coworkers the next day!!!
    I LOVE garlic!
    "Trial and error isn't a bad way to learn how to build an aircraft, but it can be a disastrous way to learn how to build a civilization..."
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Easy -
    Take two heads of garlic
    Chop off the tops and make sure they're not spoiled (green shoots on the cloves)
    Turn on oven to 400
    Pull them out, they should be fairly soft. Remove the cloves, mash them all together, and enjoy them on a fresh baguette.
    I LOVE garlic!
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, oooooh laaaaaaa laaaaaaaaaaa. Does life get better than roasted garlic on a fresh baguette mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    bmwweirdoguybmwweirdoguy Right of Seattle Posts: 228
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, oooooh laaaaaaa laaaaaaaaaaa. Does life get better than roasted garlic on a fresh baguette mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)
    The best part about it is that it's good for you!
    "Trial and error isn't a bad way to learn how to build an aircraft, but it can be a disastrous way to learn how to build a civilization..."
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    eggs milk and cinammon mixed in a bowl ,,,dip bread into mixture
    place in frying pan ,,, = FRENCH TOAST!!!
  • Options
    Easy -
    Take two heads of garlic
    Turn on oven to 400
    I LOVE garlic!

I like to mash roasted garlic up with olive oil, basil, red pepper flakes and a dash of salt then dip my bread into it. I'm roasting some garlic right now. Oh, devine!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • Options
    Thanks guys for all the good stuff...I started a Pearl Jam Fans Recipe book!!!! This is something to keep me busy for the next few weeks. I love it!!

I actually did Ziggy's stuffed mushrooms tonight..DELICIOUS!!! I have so many now..to do..

Thanks all and keep them coming..
    Where is Lowlight?
  • Options
    Double post...grrr..This is what happens when there's a bad ass named Ernesto breathing dwon Tampa's back...I lose electricity every ten minutes!
    Where is Lowlight?
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    BeBe wrote:
    Thanks guys for all the good stuff...I started a Pearl Jam Fans Recipe book!!!! This is something to keep me busy for the next few weeks. I love it!!

I actually did Ziggy's stuffed mushrooms tonight..DELICIOUS!!! I have so many now..to do..

I told you they were nice!!!! Mmmmm....I want some NOW! I might make them tonight too! :)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    BeBe wrote:

That's an excellent idea, Bebe! Seriously, if you collect enough recipes, they should sell the book in the Goods section.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    :: Disclaimer :: This recipe was born in 1994 when we were trapped at a friends house w/ an oz. of mushrooms during a vicious windstorm.

1. Make 1 package of Stove Top Stuffing ( Set aside )
    2. Pan Fry 3 large Chicken Breasts(cut into pieces) w/ EVOO and either Cholula or Frank's hot sauce until fully cooked.
    3. Place cooked chicken over a bed of stuffing
    4. Garnish with a dollop of Sour Cream and 1 piece of parsley
    5. Serve with an Ice Cold Pabst
    NERDS!
  • Options
    :: Disclaimer :: This recipe was born in 1994 when we were trapped at a friends house w/ an oz. of mushrooms during a vicious windstorm.

2. Pan Fry 3 large Chicken Breasts(cut into pieces) w/ EVOO and either Cholula or Frank's hot sauce until fully cooked.

That sounds good too! No kidding aside, I use Pabst to cook my yellow rice and chicken. Instead of water for the rice, I load up the cooking pan with beer. It is HEAVENLY!
    Where is Lowlight?
  • Options
    hotpockets! :D
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options

you are the most amazing and innovating young man. :D
    Rarghstarfarian.