Go ahead.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Go ahead.
    It's not the 19th. ;)
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    It's not the 19th. ;)

What the hell. Any idea when it is? And how do you know this?
  • Options
    What the hell. Any idea when it is? And how do you know this?
    No, I mean it is not the 19th today.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    No, I mean it is not the 19th today.

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT

Unbelievable.

I never fixed the fucking clock on the computer when I was fucking around with it. Holy shit. Wow. Just. Wow.
  • Options
    OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT

Unbelievable.

I never fixed the fucking clock on the computer when I was fucking around with it. Holy shit. Wow. Just. Wow.
    No worries man, it was pretty funny :p
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    No worries man, it was pretty funny :p

I can't help but laugh. I was really curious as to how you got your insider information since the google couldn't tell me anything. Thanks for the heads up before I went off on a long ass microsoft rant. Then I would've look crazier than I already do.
  • Options
    I can't help but laugh. I was really curious as to how you got your insider information since the google couldn't tell me anything. Thanks for the heads up before I went off on a long ass microsoft rant. Then I would've look crazier than I already do.
    haha, I should have made up a big story about who I work for or something :p
    Xbox.com has been mostly updated today (you're going to be able to access Marketplace from there too it seems), dashboard makeover tomorrow. Seems they're going to do away with the twice a year updates and just update whenever they are ready to after this.
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I have a Wii and it is pretty fun, especially with other people as mentioned. Great party game. My kids love it too. Very kid friendly.

I am in the market for a PS3 for Christmas though, beause of the Blu Ray player. My DVD player finally gave it up and I need to replace it.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    Flagg wrote:
    I have a Wii and it is pretty fun, especially with other people as mentioned. Great party game. My kids love it too. Very kid friendly.

I am in the market for a PS3 for Christmas though, beause of the Blu Ray player. My DVD player finally gave it up and I need to replace it.

When you do, you'll have to post your PSN name. I have quite a few board members on my friends list.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I have all three systems so I think I can give an unbiased opinion.

Xbox 360

+ Best game library of all three systems
    + Best online experience
    + Good controllers
    + Achievement Points
    - The fan is as loud as a Blackhawk helicopter
    - The dreaded “Rings of Death” (I’ve had two counsels die on me)
    - Can’t play Blu Ray

PS3

+ Blu Ray and video game counsel for the price of one
    + There is much untapped potential
    + The Logitech GT5 racing wheel is amazing
    - Online is free (Xbox charges $50 a year) but I would rather pay to have something that works
    - Limited game library
    - When a game is developed for multiple systems, PS3 version usually translates the worst
    - The system menu interface is not very good

Wii
    + Wii Sports Bowling
    + Virtual Counsel allows you to play classic games
    + Some really great franchises (Mario / Zelda)
    + Best local social experience with ease of pick-up-and-play
    + Games are $50
    - No high-def support (really Nintendo???) Looks like PS2 quality
    - Game library is 5% great games / 95% super crappy games. There is no in-between
    - Motion support works but it is limited. Nintendo plans to resolve (and charge us more) this sometime in 2009. In the meantime, I’m unable to weld a Jedi Lightsaber with true 1:1 feed back. DAMN YOU NINTENDO!

If I were forced to choose only one counsel, I would probably pick the 360 (although PS3 is making strides). All three systems are solid choices (that is why I bought all three).
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    mca47 wrote:
    When you do, you'll have to post your PSN name. I have quite a few board members on my friends list.

Will do.

On Jason P's lightsaber comment. I think that new motion sensor is called Motion Control Plus or something like that? Should be great.

Until then, swing a saber in Force Unleashed is pretty cool! It is not 1:1 feedback but I thought it was great for what it was.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Flagg wrote:
    Will do.

On Jason P's lightsaber comment. I think that new motion sensor is called Motion Control Plus or something like that? Should be great.

Until then, swing a saber in Force Unleashed is pretty cool! It is not 1:1 feedback but I thought it was great for what it was.
    Yup, once the Motion Control Plus comes out the games will get amazingly better. I can't wait for the next Tiger Woods. But they had better hurry up because Sony is working hard at their own motion support controller (kind of like a new age version of the Power Glove).
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Yup, once the Motion Control Plus comes out the games will get amazingly better. I can't wait for the next Tiger Woods. But they had better hurry up because Sony is working hard at their own motion support controller (kind of like a new age version of the Power Glove).

I thought it was supposed to be a controller you can take apart into two separate halves.
  • Options
    I forgot to mention how superior the 360 controller was to everything. Oh well, consider it mentioned ;)

The new Xbox Experience is out (today's the 19th, Vedderlution_Baby! :p) and it's pretty slick. Looks a lot better than the old dashboard interface, and the LOOOOOONG awaited party option is going to make life so much easier...

Also my Tritton AxPRO headphones arrived yesterday and sound great. Ferrari Challenge (PS3) day on Friday.

I also hear the new Need For Speed is a complete flop. Too bad, I was looking forward to that one ;)
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    I forgot to mention how superior the 360 controller was to everything. Oh well, consider it mentioned ;)

You should really just put that in your signature. :D
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    You should really just put that in your signature. :D
    You may be on to something my good man, you may be on to something.

Have you played the new Bond game?
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    looking to get the 20GB xbox 360 within the next month.

good idea?

i've always preferred playstation to xbox, but the xbox is so much more afforable now. i can't imagine putting down 400 beans for a video game system.
  • Options
    looking to get the 20GB xbox 360 within the next month.

good idea?

i've always preferred playstation to xbox, but the xbox is so much more afforable now. i can't imagine putting down 400 beans for a video game system.
    Yup, although the 20 is being replaced by a 60G, so don't rush it ;)

Actually, you might be able to find the 60 at the 20's price point if you snoop around a bit. I know WALLMART was selling them like that when they came out.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Rygar wrote:
    Yup, although the 20 is being replaced by a 60G, so don't rush it ;)

for the same price?? that's insane!!

if that's the case, then i imagine the $199 version will be dropping in price too?
  • Options
    for the same price?? that's insane!!

if that's the case, then i imagine the $199 version will be dropping in price too?
    Actually, they're already at the same price, probably everywhere....$299.99.
    The 199.99 model is harddrive less, so I'd go with the HD equipped model unless you can find a 20 or 60G drive cheap.
    No price drops expected in the near future (barring store-specific/unique sales).
  • Options
    I have all 3 systems and i would say either get the 360 or the ps3. The wii gets old after a while and didn't really have many games i was interested in except Zelda, Mario Kart and Mario Galaxy. I probably use my ps3 more because of the free online and blu ray, but the 360 for the money is the better option and does have the better online experience, you just have to pay for it.
    Like Rygar said, the new 360 experience is out today and it's pretty cool, i like the look alot better than the old dashboard.
    I have the 20gb version (got it over a year ago) but the 60 is the way to go. I just got my dad the 60gb for xmas and it was 299.99 with 4 free games (lego indiana jones, kung fu panda, stranglehold and Dark Sector) at Futureshop. Bestbuy also has it coming with 4 games (only difference is R6V2 and Viva Pinita instead of stranglehold and Dark Sector).

Anybody with either system add me as a friend krs82
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
  • Options
    leafs4ever wrote:
    I have all 3 systems and i would say either get the 360 or the ps3. The wii gets old after a while and didn't really have many games i was interested in except Zelda, Mario Kart and Mario Galaxy. I probably use my ps3 more because of the free online and blu ray, but the 360 for the money is the better option and does have the better online experience, you just have to pay for it.
    Like Rygar said, the new 360 experience is out today and it's pretty cool, i like the look alot better than the old dashboard.
    I have the 20gb version (got it over a year ago) but the 60 is the way to go. I just got my dad the 60gb for xmas and it was 299.99 with 4 free games (lego indiana jones, kung fu panda, stranglehold and Dark Sector) at Futureshop. Bestbuy also has it coming with 4 games (only difference is R6V2 and Viva Pinita instead of stranglehold and Dark Sector).

Anybody with either system add me as a friend krs82

What games are you playing on PS3? I'll add you when I get on later.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    You may be on to something my good man, you may be on to something.

Have you played the new Bond game?

No, actually I haven't really been impressed with Bond games since GoldenEye (I think that was the one) on Nintendo 64.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    No, actually I haven't really been impressed with Bond games since GoldenEye (I think that was the one) on Nintendo 64.
    This one is done with Infinity Ward's COD4 engine, and actually looks pretty good.
    Good reviews, too.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    This one is done with Infinity Ward's COD4 engine, and actually looks pretty good.
    Good reviews, too.

Really?
    I had no idea...
    I'll have to check it out.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    What games are you playing on PS3? I'll add you when I get on later.

right now on the ps3 i'm really only playing nhl 09.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Really?
    I had no idea...
    I'll have to check it out.
    I am pondering grabbing it on the way home actually...
  • Options
    leafs4ever wrote:
    right now on the ps3 i'm really only playing nhl 09.
    Well he has that too. Coyotes vs Leafs, tonight on the PS3!
    Update - Blackhawks in, Coyotes out. Blackhawks, Leafs, only on PS3!