Options

XBox, Wii or PS3

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Rygar wrote:
    Well he has that too. Coyotes vs Leafs, tonight on the PS3!

I want in! My Blackhawks will destroy all! :D
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mca47 wrote:
    I meant you ;) Arizona - Phoenix ;)

I have it for 360.
  • Options
    hahaha i'm always the leafs online, even though we are a horrible team on there, my record still isn't that bad. I work afternoons (leaving for work in 30minutes) but if you are on late ( i get home at 1am EST) i'll be up for it. If not then i'm good on the weekend.

Have any of you played Little Big Planet. I was going to pick it up this weekend cause my niece wants to play it (she's only 6) but didn't know if it's really that great. I'm also considering either resistence 2 or COD W@W just don't know which one to get. And if i should be getting COD for ps3 or 360, decision lol.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
  • Options
    leafs4ever wrote:
    hahaha i'm always the leafs online, even though we are a horrible team on there, my record still isn't that bad. I work afternoons (leaving for work in 30minutes) but if you are on late ( i get home at 1am EST) i'll be up for it. If not then i'm good on the weekend.

Have any of you played Little Big Planet. I was going to pick it up this weekend cause my niece wants to play it (she's only 6) but didn't know if it's really that great. I'm also considering either resistence 2 or COD W@W just don't know which one to get. And if i should be getting COD for ps3 or 360, decision lol.
    360 if for no other reason than the controller.
    Damn shooters on the damn PS3 using those damn controllers...
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    I meant you ;) Arizona - Phoenix ;)

I have it for 360.

Oh...HA!

Nevermind. :p
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

blackhawks/leafs this saturday should be a great game. We are raising my favourite leaf of all time (CLARK) jersey that night :)
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    360 if for no other reason than the controller.
    Damn shooters on the damn PS3 using those damn controllers...

lol ya i don't have any 1st person shooters on the ps3, the closest i've come is uncharted which is 3rd person and it's amazing
  • Options
    leafs4ever wrote:

I have LittleBigPlanet and I gotta say that game is fun as hell! Such a unique game and it will consume hours of your day if you aren't careful.
    I have COD W@W too and I like it alot!
    I'm hoping to pick up the new Resistance in the next couple weeks or so. I hear it's great.
  • Options
    leafs4ever wrote:
    lol ya i don't have any 1st person shooters on the ps3, the closest i've come is uncharted which is 3rd person and it's amazing
    Uncharted is pretty sweet yep.

Mtl is raising Roy's 33 Saturday. I am pretty sure I'll be turning it off right after the ceremony though ;)
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Uncharted is pretty sweet yep.

Mtl is raising Roy's 33 Saturday. I am pretty sure I'll be turning it off right after the ceremony though ;)

ya i know.. it's going to be crazy seeing Roy in montreal again. I'm praying that on the cbc (toronto feed) they show the clark honouring before the game and then instead of "after 40 minutes" they show the full roy honouring. I think it'd be wrong to not show both of them, 2 of my favourite players ever.
  • Options
    leafs4ever wrote:
    ya i know.. it's going to be crazy seeing Roy in montreal again. I'm praying that on the cbc (toronto feed) they show the clark honouring before the game and then instead of "after 40 minutes" they show the full roy honouring. I think it'd be wrong to not show both of them, 2 of my favourite players ever.
    Nice sportsmanship!
    Roy was an asshole, figured you had to be a Habs' fan to love him :p
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    I have LittleBigPlanet and I gotta say that game is fun as hell! Such a unique game and it will consume hours of your day if you aren't careful.
    I have COD W@W too and I like it alot!
    I'm hoping to pick up the new Resistance in the next couple weeks or so. I hear it's great.

nice thanks for the good words on LBP, i'll pick it up sometime this week before i head to work.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Nice sportsmanship!
    Roy was an asshole, figured you had to be a Habs' fan to love him :p

ya, it helped that he helped my favourite player of all time (sakic) win his cups in colorado... if not for that i dunno how i'd feel lol

edit: plus you have to respect him, i mean he's in the top 3 best goalies to ever play the game
  • Options
    leafs4ever wrote:
    ya, it helped that he helped my favourite player of all time (sakic) win his cups in colorado... if not for that i dunno how i'd feel lol

edit: plus you have to respect him, i mean he's in the top 3 best goalies to ever play the game
    No denying the talent he has.
    Sakic is a stand up guy too.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    FIFA - the best sports game man has ever created.

i'm not even a huge soccer fan and my friends and i can play this until our eye balls start to bleed.
  • Options
    FIFA - the best sports game man has ever created.

i'm not even a huge soccer fan and my friends and i can play this until our eye balls start to bleed.
    3 seconds of soccer of any kind and my eyes start to bleed...
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Rygar wrote:
    3 seconds of soccer of any kind and my eyes start to bleed...

i used to agree, but have you ever played FIFA?

insane amount of fun, awesome graphics, great commentary, good AI, 200 different crowd chants. it's intense on surround sound.
  • Options

insane amount of fun, awesome graphics, great commentary, good AI, 200 different crowd chants. it's intense on surround sound.
    I played the first one that came out for 360, and a demo of another.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Of the games I have played this holiday season, here is how they rank so far:

1) Fallout 3 (Xbox)
    2) NHL 2009 (Xbox)
    3) Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
    4) Dead Space (PS3)
    5) Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox)
    6) Fable 2 (Xbox)
    7) Little Big Planet (PS3)
    8) Red Alert 3 (PC)
    9) Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Wii)

There are still a bunch of games like Gears of War 2, the new Tomb Raider, and Final Fantasy XIII that I’m looking forward to but I have to beat the games I currently own before starting anything new.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Of the games I have played this holiday season, here is how they rank so far:

1) Fallout 3 (Xbox)
    2) NHL 2009 (Xbox)
    3) Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
    4) Dead Space (PS3)
    5) Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox)
    6) Fable 2 (Xbox)
    7) Little Big Planet (PS3)
    8) Red Alert 3 (PC)
    9) Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Wii)

There are still a bunch of games like Gears of War 2, the new Tomb Raider, and Final Fantasy XIII that I’m looking forward to but I have to beat the games I currently own before starting anything new.

Be careful, Gears will own your life for a good while ;)
  • Options

You sir, speak the truth.

I couldn't agree more. I absolutely loathe soccer but FIFA 09 is unbelievable and a blast to play.
  • Options
    PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    We are having layoffs in our firm this week and next... I'm looking at the bright side that if i get cut <knocks on wood>, that I'll have free time to catch up on my video games... ;)
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Be careful, Gears will own your life for a good while ;)
    I know it will, but I'm still waiting for my deadbeat buddy to finish the last level on co-op. I've declared that I wont get the second game until I've finished the first.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    I know it will, but I'm still waiting for my deadbeat buddy to finish the last level on co-op. I've declared that I wont get the second game until I've finished the first.
    You haven't finished the first?
    Shame! But yeah, finish that one first.

We must have co-oped that one through on every difficulty.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    You haven't finished the first?
    Shame! But yeah, finish that one first.

We must have co-oped that one through on every difficulty.
    My buddy made me promise to finish the game with him on co-op. He got the Three Rings of Death and we never got back to it. Hopefully I'll have it finished by Thanksgiving weekend.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:

I need to be more disciplined. I don't have much time to begin with when it comes to playing games, but I know a guy that has this connection that hooks me up with games from time to time for little or next to nothing. Apparently there's some truck somewhere that these things fall off of... anyways, I don't ask for details.

In the last few weeks, games that I acquired by both traditional and non-traditional means include Dead Space, FIFA 09, NBA2K9, Saints Row 2, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, Fable 2, Guitar Hero:WT, Gears of War 2, and COD:W@W.

I can't bring myself to focus on one at a time and it sucks. I guess it'a good problem to have, but there was a time when I actually finished games :D
  • Options
    I need to be more disciplined. I don't have much time to begin with when it comes to playing games. . .
    I don't really have the time either, which sucks because I feel like I'm wasting my money. I'm actually happy that some hyped games like Mercenaries 2 and Too Human were flops because I don't even have the time to finish what I already have.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    I don't really have the time either, which sucks because I feel like I'm wasting my money. I'm actually happy that some hyped games like Mercenaries 2 and Too Human were flops because I don't even have the time to finish what I already have.
    Actually Mercs 2 was pretty fun ;)
  • Options
    I think that the biggest factor for me (other than lack of time) is that I love playing sports games too much. I'll tell myself that I'm gonna start off with a quick game of NHL 09, Madden, NBA2K9, or whatever and before I know it I've played a few and then I have to get some sleep. So basically all of the story-driven single player games get neglected because of my obsession with sports.

My copy of MGS4 has done nothing but collect dust because The Show owns my soul on the PS3... lol
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    You sir, speak the truth.

I couldn't agree more. I absolutely loathe soccer but FIFA 09 is unbelievable and a blast to play.

Fifa 09 is awesome.

If anyone wants to play, let me know.
    NERDS!