• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Fifa 09 is awesome.

If anyone wants to play, let me know.
    Marcus Fenix isn't a soccer player...
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    No, actually I haven't really been impressed with Bond games since GoldenEye (I think that was the one) on Nintendo 64.
    Funny. I picked it up on the way home last night and doesn't look or feel like COD4 at all. It looks (updated for next gen, mind you) and feels like.....Goldeneye. None too shabby either.
  • Options
    dirtdirt Posts: 398
    I don't mean to divert the topic of this thread, but I really hate starting new ones (I wish we had a gaming forum):

Can anyone suggest any good games for the PSP? I travel a lot for work and I get steady use of my PSP. I still play the last NHL installment ('07), the latest Madden, and a Gameco mix of old arcade games. Whatever your suggestions, I love to hear them. Thanks!
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • Options
    dirt wrote:
    I don't mean to divert the topic of this thread, but I really hate starting new ones (I wish we had a gaming forum):

Can anyone suggest any good games for the PSP? I travel a lot for work and I get steady use of my PSP. I still play the last NHL installment ('07), the latest Madden, and a Gameco mix of old arcade games. Whatever your suggestions, I love to hear them. Thanks!
    The only PSP games I've played are the Dark Kingdom RPG (which looked and played like Baldur's Gate for the PS2/Xbox 1) and Rainbow Six Vegas.
    I love Vegas on the 360, but the control scheme on the PSP is hard to finangle with their one analog stick setup.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    dirt wrote:

I recommend finding a smart person you work with. Have them hack the psp. Then have them download games for you. That's what I did :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Marcus Fenix isn't a soccer player...
    And Ronaldinho can't kill a locust ;)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    And Ronaldinho can't kill a locust ;)
    So we're agreed. Fifa is inferior to the locust horde.

How's those gums?
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    The only PSP games I've played are the Dark Kingdom RPG (which looked and played like Baldur's Gate for the PS2/Xbox 1) and Rainbow Six Vegas.
    I love Vegas on the 360, but the control scheme on the PSP is hard to finangle with their one analog stick setup.

Thanks for these suggestions. Yes, games need to be simple for them to be fun on this device. I've also played GTA Vice City Stories, The Warriors and MLB The Show. I think the NHL 07 game has been the most fun so far -- how stupid they make an update with the addictive Be a Pro mode.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • Options
    I recommend finding a smart person you work with. Have them hack the psp. Then have them download games for you. That's what I did :)

My best gaming friends no longer work for my employer. I sort of keep my interests quiet around work people. My thing with work has always been, the less they know about me, the better.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • Options
    dirt wrote:
    My best gaming friends no longer work for my employer. I sort of keep my interests quiet around work people. My thing with work has always been, the less they know about me, the better.

I hear you there. I hang out with 1 of my several thousand co-workers :)

Let me see if I can get the instructions for ya.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    So we're agreed. Fifa is inferior to the locust horde.

How's those gums?

As of about midnight last night, they're feeling a little better. Still drinking smoothies and eating mashed potatoes though.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    As of about midnight last night, they're feeling a little better. Still drinking smoothies and eating mashed potatoes though.
    Good stuff. I remember having some of my dissolvable stitches refuse to dissolve...
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Good stuff. I remember having some of my dissolvable stitches refuse to dissolve...

I just have two holes, no stitches.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    I hear you there. I hang out with 1 of my several thousand co-workers :)

Let me see if I can get the instructions for ya.

Thanks -- I am actually up in NH today and going into our building in about an hour. I will check back here later tonight.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • Options
    I just have two holes, no stitches.
    Were your teeth already out of the gums?
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Were your teeth already out of the gums?
    I believe so. They gave me shots and yanked the fuckers out and gave me a pat on the back, I was out in 35 mintues.

Thread integrity ;)

The only games that I can stand playing on the PSP without my fingers wanting to break are the easy games like golf.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    I believe so. They gave me shots and yanked the fuckers out and gave me a pat on the back, I was out in 35 mintues.

Thread integrity ;)

The only games that I can stand playing on the PSP without my fingers wanting to break are the easy games like golf.
    Ouch! I went under for mine.

Too bad Nintendo grabbed the Final Fantasy remakes, they're the best for the handhelds. Puzzle games like Tetris or whatevs are also easy winners.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    dirt wrote:
    Thanks for these suggestions. Yes, games need to be simple for them to be fun on this device. I've also played GTA Vice City Stories, The Warriors and MLB The Show. I think the NHL 07 game has been the most fun so far -- how stupid they make an update with the addictive Be a Pro mode.

I travel a lot too and my PSP is always within my reach.

Have you played God of War: Chains of Olympus? If not, you really need to pick that up as fast as possible. That game is just crazy good! The graphics are better than PS2, and the gameplay is flawless. http://psp.ign.com/articles/852/852821p1.html
    The other two I play the most are Socom: Fire Team Bravo 2 (great online play!!) and MLB '08 The Show

I hear Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core is great too, FIFA '09 is supposed to be pretty good.

Metal Gear Portable Ops, and the Syphon Filter games are supposed to be great too.