Fuck Cancer

SilverSeedSilverSeed Posts: 336
edited May 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
One of my best friends goes into bio-chemo tomorrow for melanoma. He's 24...

A good friend's mom died last week of heart cancer.

I'm seriously sick of hearing about cancer... When the fuck are we going to find a cure?

Sorry to add to the misery around here, just had to vent.
When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rearviewmirorrearviewmiror Posts: 894
    That absolutely sucks. I hope evrything turns out well.

Just know that it can be beaten. After all a kid just threw a no-hitter less than 2 years after his last chemo.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    can I join in?

FUCK CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a day goes by in my life goes by that isn't more fucked up because of it...

FUCK YOU CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    So sorry to hear about that news.

Cancer sucks the big one. Seems like everything causes it, little helps to prevent it. Scary how many people it does effect.

my thoughts are with your friend.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,274
    yeah no doubt FUCK CANCER it took my mother in law from us way to early ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    lost my best friend to a brain tumor

my mom has been on and off chemo for the last 3 1/2 years

hey cancer FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Crazy subject for me. Cancer might have been the best thing to happen to my Mom, older brother, and me. It took my violent and abusive father away. If it hadn't, I suspect one day I would have...

Then cancer almost took my brother too. He barely survived the treatment. I think it lies in wait for me as well...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eh, I know I said it maybe 4 posts ago, but it felt good!
    FUCK CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,215
    My Dad had a button he wore on his jacket that said "Cancer Sucks" before it claimed him in 2004. It would have looked good on the Kenyon Hall poster right next to the Easy Street and Obama buttons.
    I was lucky and got an early stage and very curable form back in 2001.
    Everyone is affected by it in some very direct way nowadays...research has come a long way, but there's still so much more that needs to be done.

Best of luck to your friend SilverSeed.
    And to your Mom as well Cutback.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    My cousin had it at the same age. My uncle died from Prostate cancer. My aunt from breast cancer. I never knew one grandma because cancer took her away when my mom was in her teens. Currently my other grandma has cancer. My aunt(my mom was a triplett, and now all three have had cancer) was diagnosed last week with breast cancer. The list goes on, and it's truly terrible. But with early findings, quick visits, and early treatment, and most of all a good spirit and support, it can be beaten.

Don't let your friend see how down you are when you go to visit. Make sure you've got a great attitude no matter how good or bad his is.

I'm really sorry he's going through that, and that it gets to you as well. Our best chances are to make sure we're in touch with our bodies, and to not be afraid to go to the doc to get something checked out. Waiting is the worst thing we can do. Good on him for getting it treated.
    yep, I was given a pink button that said cancer sucks on it... I wish it wasn't pink, probably supposed to be for a female, but I kept it...
    oh, almost forgot(yea right), FUCK CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm thinking my bro jordan will probably chime in at some point!

FUCK CANCER!!!!!!!
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Fuck Cancer!!!!!
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    I FUCKIN HATE CANCER. it has taken two of my friends' moms. hope your friend is alright.

AND FUCK YOU ALZHEIMERS.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834

AND FUCK YOU ALZHEIMERS.

Yea fuck that too.
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    As a cancer survivor (18 months in remission), I'm happy to add my FUCK YOU to cancer.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,445
    I agree - FUCK CANCER :mad:

My mom died from it, my mother-in-law has it and my wife is at high risk.

I wonder how far that trillion dollars for Iraq could have gone toward finding a cure....
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    SilverSeed wrote:
    When the fuck are we going to find a cure?
    Ask me in about 15-20 years and I should have it.

Sorry I'm taking so long. :(

best of luck to all those dealing with this right now. My uncle has it and I have several friends who lost parents/relatives thanks to cancer... =/
  • noisy mindnoisy mind Posts: 65
    my mother-in-law survived breast cancer twice a decade ago. last week, she had a cancerous tumor removed from her brain and goes back in 2 weeks to attend to her lung and bone cancer.

to quickly sum up, cancer can go fuck its mother.

thanks.
    imalive wrote:
    I wonder how far that trillion dollars for Iraq could have gone toward finding a cure....

!!!
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    Very sorry to hear about your friend.

This might give you some hope though, my friend was diagnosed with a very rare cancer and had to undergo intensive chemotherapy and radiation treatments. She lost all of her hair, a ton of weight, had sores throughout her mouth that were so painful at times, it was hard to even drink or anything.

IIt was rough, but today she is healthy and the mother of 4 children.

You can surviver cancer. I wish the best for your friend.
  • roarroar Posts: 1,116
    fuck cancer.
    specifically in the ass.
  • noisy mindnoisy mind Posts: 65
    roar wrote:
    fuck cancer.
    specifically in the ass.

with a hammer.

a kareem abdul jabaar fisted hammer.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i lost my father to cancer

so yeah, fuck cancer
    As a cancer survivor (18 months in remission), I'm happy to add my FUCK YOU to cancer.

good for you!
  • LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    noisy mind wrote:
    my mother-in-law survived breast cancer twice a decade ago. last week, she had a cancerous tumor removed from her brain and goes back in 2 weeks to attend to her lung and bone cancer.

to quickly sum up, cancer can go fuck its mother.

thanks.

the horror.......
    i'm not happy yet.....
    imalive wrote:

right on
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    FUCK CANCER!

Hope your friend gets better! And best of luck to everyone who's dealing with it. I lost two grandparents to cancer, they pratically raised me.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • SilverSeedSilverSeed Posts: 336
    Wow I had no idea it affected this many of us. It really is a mother fucker...

I appreciate all the kind words and advice. My heart goes out to you all that have been negatively affected by cancer. It's also great to hear how many people have beat it.

Seriously, if one more person calls me to tell me that they or someone close has it, I'm finding a cave to go hide in... Ok that's not true, but I just want it to go the fuck away.

FUCK CANCER!

Oh btw my buddy is a ten clubber, we got to go to the final EV show. I can only imagine how great a west coast tour would help. So there PJ, come play CA this year.
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • LesbelgesLesbelges Posts: 434
    Fuck Cancer In The A-hole!
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    i'm curious about this Heart cancer your friends mom had. I work in cancer care, and have never seen this. 99.99999999% of all heart tumors are benign. Was she being studied?
    "It's all happening"