Options

worst NFL QB ever

Comments

• Options
    Ryan Leaf is an easy choice, but being from Cincy you can't forget about these guys...

Akili Smith
    David Klingler
    Scott Mitchell

Live at Benaroya Hall is a good album.
    Cincinnati - 2000
    Lexington - 2003
    Indianapolis - 2003
    Columbus - 2003
    Kissimmee - 2004
    West Palm Beach - 2008
    Tampa - 2008
  • Options
    NC_Irie wrote:
    not sure what you mean about keeping it pj related, but my vote would be for David Carr.

I have never seen anyone do what he does on the field. I cringe everytime the ball is snapped to him.

being from houston, i totally agree with this post
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    Michael Vick

or did you mean for their actions on the field?

then my answer would be Dave Brown....how did he have a job
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    bmarsh10 wrote:
    Ryan Leaf, it was a hard time for Charger fans

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE, OKAY!?"
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    David Carr, Carolina's 2nd string, or Chris Wienke Carolina's 2nd string last season, he was actually sacked by a guy crawling on his knees, neither of them can throw a pass over 5 yards, horrible!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    George Plimpton.

I win.

Heh Heh. Good call
    "WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)
  • Options
    Doug Peterson
    by far the worst i have ever seen
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    David Klingler
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    Doug Peterson

You stole mine !

Bobby Hoying
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    mammasan wrote:
    David Klingler
    Don't forget that other QB from the University of Houston....Heismann Trophy winner Andre Ware!!!!!!

Quincy "Cocaine" Carter
    Steve Young when he played in Tampa Bay
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Heath Shuler

Gus Ferotte

• Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    Art Schlichter
    Cade McNown
    Dan McGwire
    Jim Druckenmiller
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    Dave Brown

• Options
    Damn yesterday soembody beat me to Eli NothingManning, and today I got beat to Dave Brown.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    marc wilson
  • Options
    Someone beat me to Andre Ware I guess... Akili Smith and Leaf are the two most obvious and probably correct.

Other notable:
    Gino Torretta
    Danny Wuerffel
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    Art Schlichter
    Cade McNown
    Dan McGwire
    Jim Druckenmiller
    Damn....those were some major flops....Schlichter the gambling addict, Cade McNowan and Tim Couch fought over a Playmate, Dan McGwire :rolleyes: and Druckenmiller.....didn't he go to jail for some sexual offense. I heard Steve Young comment on some program the other day about Druckenmiller.....said you look in his eyes and tell that he didn't have "IT".
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Decent read on the subject
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/wordpress/?p=138

His answer is Rick Mirer, and he backs it up with stats.
  • Options
    I think every Bears fan will agree with me when I say Shane Matthews

Pearl Jam
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:

Pearl Jam
    Is he really worse than Peter Tom Willis???? :D
  • Options
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:

Bears certainly are well known for just having terribly shitty QBs. And there are so many we could sit here and debate. But while I hated Shane, I wouldn't even consider him the worst Bears QB of all time. Stats while on Bears (yes I know QB rating isn't the best example):

Shane Matthews
    1996 2 games 124.1 QB Rating
    1999 8 games 80.6 QB Rating
    2000 6 games 64.0 QB Rating
    2001 5 games 72.3 QB Rating

Cade McClown
    1999 15 games 66.7 QB Rating
    2000 10 games 68.5 QB Rating

Rex Grossman
    2003 3 games 74.8 QB Rating
    2004 3 games 67.9 QB Rating
    2005 2 games 59.7 QB Rating
    2006 16 games 73.9 QB Rating
    2007 6 games 63.3 QB Rating
  • Options
    hiding wrote:

i'll go with trent difler

stupidest post ever. the man won the super bowl.

Ray Lucas gets my vote
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    I've got one no one has mentioned....Super Bowl back up winner...Jay Schroeder....what a loud mouth

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    tybird wrote:
    Don't forget that other QB from the University of Houston....Heismann Trophy winner Andre Ware!!!!!!

Quincy "Cocaine" Carter
    Steve Young when he played in Tampa Bay

Quincy was good when he had it going on upstairs, unfortunelatly that was very rare, but remember that game he destroyed San Fran?

And being a Dallas fan, you should know the winner of this thread is:

DAVE LAUFTENBURG

Every name I recognized on this thread was better than Dave was. I like the dude, but he shouldn't have been an NFL qb.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    Being a native to Detroit, the Lions have accomplished next to nothing in the NFL since the Super Bowl era. Of course we trash our QB's as being the main weakness. I will never forget Scott Mitchell. My three year old brother must have sensed our disgust with him that season and tore my poster(why I had one I don't know) right off the wall and stomped on it. He has since gained fame as an inside joke at my household.

The version of "Alive" on the Hala Tivoli show was quite subdued.

Scott Mitchell gets dogged a lot in detroit but if you look at his stats they are much better than quite a few of the qb's that have shuffled through their system in the last couple decades. To name a few....

Batch
    Harrington
    Peete
    Kramer
    Ware
    Eric Hipple and Chuck Long (those two i had to look up)

All those guys had pretty rough careers in detroit. Mitchell at least had that one great season in 95. They all definitely deserve a spot on the list though.......along w/ Leaf and a couple others imo.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Options
    Quincy was good when he had it going on upstairs, unfortunelatly that was very rare, but remember that game he destroyed San Fran?

And being a Dallas fan, you should know the winner of this thread is:

DAVE LAUFTENBURG

Every name I recognized on this thread was better than Dave was. I like the dude, but he shouldn't have been an NFL qb.
    Don't you mean Babe Laufenberg....;) How about Steve Peuller???? Chad Hutchinson.....Steve Walsh......Drew Henson????
  • Options
    Scott Mitchell gets dogged a lot in detroit but if you look at his stats they are much better than quite a few of the qb's that have shuffled through their system in the last couple decades. To name a few....

Batch
    Harrington
    Peete
    Kramer
    Ware
    Eric Hipple and Chuck Long (those two i had to look up)

All those guys had pretty rough careers in detroit. Mitchell at least had that one great season in 95. They all definitely deserve a spot on the list though.......along w/ Leaf and a couple others imo.
    Kramer had at least one playoff win, If I am not mistaken.

....and Rodney Peete has a Super Bowl ring. :D
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Don't you mean Babe Laufenberg....;) How about Steve Peuller???? Chad Hutchinson.....Steve Walsh......Drew Henson????

yeah, Babe, thats it. He played one and half games and people were screaming for his benching. it was the worst ive seen, ever.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/McQuKi00.htm

4 career TDs vs 29 INTs. 39% completion ratio? Fuck sake this guy stunk!

It would be cool if people actually backed up their claims just so we can compare some numbers here. I think Ryan Leaf is a popular choice, mostly cause of how big of a fucking BUST he was.

But in all seriousness, some of these selections are just insane. There are guys that are certainly not even avg QBs, but to say Trent Dilfer is the worst of all time? Comon dude, I could name 10 QBs playing right now that are worse than Dilfer, just off the top of my head.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Kramer had at least one playoff win, If I am not mistaken.

....and Rodney Peete has a Super Bowl ring. :D

I don't mind Erik Kramer at all. Sadly, and I mean SADLY, he's one of the better QBs the Bears have had in the last few decades. Which isn't saying much to be put in the mix with Jim Miller and the T-zach attack. Neither as good as Harbaugh, but a million times better than:

Grossman, McNown, Jonathan Quinn, Craig Krenzell, Chad Hutchinson, PT Willis, Will Fuhrer, Moses Moreno, Slash, etc etc, I could seriously go for awhile with this one!