~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    PearlsGirl wrote:
    I want a doggie! A cute little daschund to be exact. A brown little guy whose name I have already chosen to be Julius. I can't wait! But it's going to be a few more years...

you should DEFINITELY get one!!! They are the greatest!!! Love the name btw!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • PearlsGirlPearlsGirl Posts: 257
    SENROCK! wrote:
    you should DEFINITELY get one!!! They are the greatest!!! Love the name btw!!!!!

Thank you!
    I decided he's going to be a thug. He'll have some bling ;)

My most favorite dog though was my aunties dog. He was a miniature australian shepard, he was so sweet! He was very smart too. He was ran over accidently last year by some friends who had come to visit my auntie and her family... poor little guy.
    Don't let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold. Remember why you came and while you're alive, experience the warmth before you grow old.

Best two days of my life: Oasis at MSG and Pearl Jam at the Gorge.
    PearlsGirl wrote:
    Thank you!
    I decided he's going to be a thug. He'll have some bling ;)

My most favorite dog though was my aunties dog. He was a miniature australian shepard, he was so sweet! He was very smart too. He was ran over accidently last year by some friends who had come to visit my auntie and her family... poor little guy.

hahahaha i LOVE IT!!!!! THUG LIFE!!!! hahaha you should get his paws tattooed on you as well!!!! :D

thats so sadd about your aunts doggie. :( I have ALWAYS feared driving fast because i'm afraid of hitting a loose dog!!!! :eek: not a kid or a grown up or whatever but a DOG!!!!! Its true.

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

5foot1 wrote:
    *sigh*

awww c'mon......he's no KID ROCK!!!!! :D

• kevinbeetlekevinbeetle Posts: 358
    Here's Bailey. I was hesitant to put her up here. She was my first dog after I bought my house. She died two years ago this summer.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/bataillek/Puppy3.jpg
    Here's Bailey. I was hesitant to put her up here. She was my first dog after I bought my house. She died two years ago this summer.

I think i just shed a tear when i saw Bailey!!!! :( So sorry for your loss of such a beatiFLOW doggie. Thanks for sharing.
    Check the first post here please.....

• kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303

cute. you need to get another dog.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • kevinbeetlekevinbeetle Posts: 358
    SENROCK! wrote:
    I think i just shed a tear when i saw Bailey!!!! :( So sorry for your loss of such a beatiFLOW doggie. Thanks for sharing.
    Check the first post here please.....

Thanks, senrock. She was great. Getting choked up a bit now. It sucked for months coming home to an empty house and not having her jump all over me and lick my face. Jack Russell Terriers are amazing dogs. I'm greatful for my bro's friend for letting me adopt Gumby (see my above thread). Even though he is almost 14 years old and on his last leg, he makes my day when I come home from work.
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    gumby is awesome... but it sounds like you miss your other dog. i can only imagine ;(
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/breakerfall13/ar1.jpg

my dog owns, just got him 3-4 weeks ago, we got him when he was 2 months old...thats my step mom holding him in the pet shop
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/breakerfall13/ar1.jpg

my dog owns, just got him 3-4 weeks ago, we got him when he was 2 months old...thats my step mom holding him in the pet shop

It looks like a bassett hound - is he? I had one - they are great dogs.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    3 adopted dogs for me. All are hand me down boys....other peoples throw away pooches! Howard is a German Shorthair Pointer, 15+ years adopted
    4 1/2 years ago. Still hyper as hell, he is crazy and drives us nuts! Uno is a Weimaranner~8 years old,adopted at 17 months old, great dog, also very hyper. He has a really bad back. Mason is also a Weimaranner~4 1/2, adopted 1 1/2 years ago, with epilepsy, He has really bad seizures, up to 6 at a time, and is also 30 pounds over weight, due to his food stealing. He is the smartest, sweetest dog I've ever owned.

None of my dogs are easy to own, I've taken on other peoples problems, but each has given us much more then they have taken. I love them all.

There are no bad dogs, just bad owners.

I will try and post some photos of my boys tomorrow.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    PJaddicted wrote:
    3 adopted dogs for me. All are hand me down boys....other peoples throw away pooches! Howard is a German Shorthair Pointer, 15+ years adopted
    4 1/2 years ago. Still hyper as hell, he is crazy and drives us nuts! Uno is a Weimaranner~8 years old,adopted at 17 months old, great dog, also very hyper. He has a really bad back. Mason is also a Weimaranner~4 1/2, adopted 1 1/2 years ago, with epilepsy, He has really bad seizures, up to 6 at a time, and is also 30 pounds over weight, due to his food stealing. He is the smartest, sweetest dog I've ever owned.

None of my dogs are easy to own, I've taken on other peoples problems, but each has given us much more then they have taken. I love them all.

oxc

aha!!! this reminds me of one of our first, if not our very first, convos here. weimeraners and pointers. :D beautiful dogs. you are a truly beautiful person with such a giving heart. :D:D:D i would love to see pics of all your pups!!!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• SEN, surf is beautiful. i look at those eyes and melt. my b/f and i are sitting here going thru all the pics and everytime we are both going "aaawwwwwwwww" at every one. this thread is one of the best ever. Thankyou, once again SEN for making me smile:) you FLOWing Rock Girl;)
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
    Thanks, senrock. She was great. Getting choked up a bit now. It sucked for months coming home to an empty house and not having her jump all over me and lick my face. Jack Russell Terriers are amazing dogs. I'm greatful for my bro's friend for letting me adopt Gumby (see my above thread). Even though he is almost 14 years old and on his last leg, he makes my day when I come home from work.

hey no problem!!! And feel free to share whatever feelings about your dog in here. Thats what this thread is for!!! All of us in here understand COMPLETELY!!!

I'm sure you & Gumby are making plenty of memories as well!!! Its the BEST when you get home & see a wagging tail waving at you!!!! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/breakerfall13/ar1.jpg

oh man he is a BEAUTY!!!!! awww.......
    Whats his name?

PJaddicted wrote:

oxc

i've said it before & i'll say it again......YOU are AMAZING!!!!! I love it. I totally agree with you about NO BADD DOGS!!!! Its the owners fault!!! How ELSE are they suppost to learn?! Much much props to you for adopting these dogs!!!!! :)

ahhhhh!!!!! Look at LUKIN!!!!!! He looks soooooooooo snuggly!!!!! awwww.....i gotta go hug Surf now!!!!!! :)

SEN, surf is beautiful. i look at those eyes and melt. my b/f and i are sitting here going thru all the pics and everytime we are both going "aaawwwwwwwww" at every one. this thread is one of the best ever. Thankyou, once again SEN for making me smile:) you FLOWing Rock Girl;)

THANK YOU!!!! he is very cuddly!!! I love him!!!! Those eyes get me everytime too! i try to tell him no about certain things & he just looks at me & i'm like FINE GO AHEAD!!!!! :D I'm a sucker when it comes to him!!! he just started snoring away like a human right now!!! hahaha

Yeah there are some BEAUTIFLOW doggies in here. I see them & swoon as well!!! hahaha Dont thank me......thank everyone for sharing their sweethearts pics!!!!! ;)

• DinghyDogDinghyDog Posts: 587
    edited November 2012
    -
    Post edited by DinghyDog on
  • omg dinghy that is so sad. blitz sounds like the never ending companion so many of us have or have had. will be a sad day for you soon but all those years of memories will bring a smile and a tear to you. good luck and stay strong:)
  • DinghyDogDinghyDog Posts: 587
    edited November 2012
    -
    Post edited by DinghyDog on
  • This is a really nice thread.
    I will scan some pictures of my boy soon and post in his memory. It's been almost 2 weeks, and though it is getting easier, it's definitely not easy.

You all have BEAUTIFUL boys and girls...so fluffy and loving and fun, you can just tell!
    DinghyDog wrote:
    my doggie is on his last legs, and if he makes it for the next month or so i will basically be saying goodbye to him forever when i move. he's a border collie, born 28/11/1988. i got him in february 1989, start of grade 2. he's a fighter, whenever we think ok, this is it, he makes a comeback but i think this wil be his last *hurray*. he needs chronic meds, he takes 100mg rimadyl a day for pain and arthritis and 5ml of bladder sphincter medicine so he doesn't leak. i feel so sorry for him. he's in bad shape, esp on days like today when it rains. his nerve impulses from his brain to his legs don't work so well anymore, some marrow in his spine is degrading and causing occasional gaps so the signals don't get through. so he doesn't have much co-ordination left. but he still smiles and wags and recognises everyone and appreciates a pat so i don't want him put down yet. as long as he has quality of life like that, i.e. being happy when he sees us, he's enjoying his life. e might be on a massive trip from the rimadyl but he still enjoys it :) he's survived tick fever, a couple of times, and being mauled three times by the stupid fucking neighbour's pitbull jumping over a 7 ft wall... and he's such a kind dog, would never hurt a soul.

anyway... a toast to blitz... he was a fine boyhood friend. even though you treat them well, you know you could've treated them better.

as always there is hope, tuppence in perth :) and hopefully an adopted doggie from the RSPCA, but i'll need permission first ;)

first, thanks for sharing that with us.
    second~its never easy knowing when is the right time to put your dog down. I went thru that last year with a very special friend of mine. His Rottie hadd been with him for 13 years. Saved his owners life more than plenty. Billie (the rottie) went with him EVERYWHERE. Was his only family exxxcept for Billies brother Jerry Lee. We noticed that she was starting to have trouble walking. Total change. It took us from january last year til august to finally make the decision. But only AFTER the vet said Billie was suffering but didnt want anyone to know. It was the hardest thing ever because like your dog~she still played once in a while, was happy everytime we got home, but that spark was gone. It was so hard to do but alota times we keep them alive for our sake more than their own & we dont even realize it. I wish that we NEVER hadd to say goodbye to ANY of our "kidz". Its super difficult. I hope that when the time comes for you~you know that we are here & understand.

• electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,457
    sorry,i haven't read the other posts but my doggie does it..~

:D
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• bump...cos its such a great thread and i love doggies:)
    sorry,i haven't read the other posts but my doggie does it..~

:D

oh C'MON TONE!!!!! LETS SEE SOME PICTURES!!!!!!! :D

heres a picture of my little Prince Surfer sleeping under a blanket!!!! ahhhhhh i LOVE HIM!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/surfblankie.jpg

• SENROCK! wrote:
    heres a picture of my little Prince Surfer sleeping under a blanket!!!! ahhhhhh i LOVE HIM!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/surfblankie.jpg

ahhh SEN he is soooo cute. i miss being on the farm with all my animals. i cant wait till my b/f and i buy a house and lots of land and lots and lots of doggies!!!:)