• Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    ..saddened by our loss of hippiemom <3<3<3...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Just remembered.. in March of this year, Laura shaved her head to support St. Baldrick's Foundation in helping to research/find a cure for children's cancer... also to support fellow fan Shana and her daughter Mackenzie...

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/shavee_info.html?ParticipantKey=2007|1759

I remember this well. I got a PM from Laura thanking me for my donation. It made me so happy at the time, to be able to support a good cause. I wish we would find a cure for cancer. Can't believe she's gone :(
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options
    Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    This is terrible. I miss our days of joking around on the AMT. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.
  • Options
    This is truely awful :(

I can't go on and say how much I knew her because I honestly didn't. I remember a year ago or so I was annoyed with her in AMT and I was drunk and added her on MSN to hurl abuse.

Months later she came online (for the first time) and I remembered why I added her and I joked about my original intentions and apologised. I think she kinda thought that was a little strange, but I'm glad that the whole situation was left on good terms. :)
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    Oh man...hippiemom was the best! :(

So sad to hear.
  • Options
    I am so saddned by this news. What a great lady!

RIP Jammer...
    Some people have drugs... I have Pearl Jam.

www.facebook.com/pearlgirlstudio
    Twitter: @pearlgirlstudio
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Like many others, I didn't know hippiemom. But I do know that she did make the lives better for many others that I am friends with. So in that way she made my life better by making others around me better.

RIP hippiemom :(
    NERDS!
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,070
    Like many others, I didn't know hippiemom. But I do know that she did make the lives better for many others that I am friends with. So in that way she made my life better by making others around me better.

RIP hippiemom :(

well said.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    I am very sorry to hear of this tremendous loss. I knew she was battling but I had hoped she was winning. I am very very sorry for all that knew and loved her.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Wow..
    Really sorry hear about this unfortunate news.
    My thoughts are with her family and friends.
    :(
  • Options
    i don't think he'll mind as he has been an active member of this board, particularly AET for a long while...although not around much anymore. a good friend from here shared the news, and it just feels appropriate to put it in this thread.

our dear laura passed away on saturday, december 8th. :( our dear friend Nick1977 became a daddy to a baby girl on saturday, december 8th. :) a beautiful sense of world symmetry there. as laura was not religious, but perhaps some belief in the 'greater' as in the universe/world order/chaos balance, i think she would like to know of one beautiful baby born into this world on the same day she left it, knowing another child brought up with at least one pearl jam parent. :)

one door closes, another opens...and so it goes...
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    i don't think he'll mind as he has been an active member of this board, particularly AET for a long while...although not around much anymore. a good friend from here shared the news, and it just feels appropriate to put it in this thread.

our dear laura passed away on saturday, december 8th. :( our dear friend Nick1977 became a daddy to a baby girl on saturday, december 8th. :) a beautiful sense of world symmetry there. as laura was not religious, but perhaps some belief in the 'greater' as in the universe/world order/chaos balance, i think she would like to know of one beautiful baby born into this world on the same day she left it, knowing another child brought up with at least one pearl jam parent. :)

that gave me chills. :)
  • Options
    :(
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options

... and so it goes...

Thank you for posting this Dreamn... :)
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    That is the magic of this wonderful band named Pearl Jam.

I never met hippiemom, but because of a love of the same band I became familiar with her on here. I knew she was ill, but I'm glad I got to know how bright and funny she was.

I am very sad.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Options
    I didn't know her personally, but have seen her posts around here a lot.

Sending my thoughts to those of you who were friends with her. :(
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    I've haven't been here often last weeks, because my moms was in the hospital because she has cancer...... This disease really sucks....

My thoughts and prayers are with h-moms family.
  • Options
    I met Laura in Detroit in 2006. She truly is an awesome lady (even though she is gone, her spirit still lives on). This is extremely sad news. :(
    Cock Fight.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I've haven't been here often last weeks, because my moms was in the hospital because she has cancer...... This disease really sucks....

My thoughts and prayers are with h-moms family.
    So sorry and I sure hope she beats it! :(
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    wow. "I'm sorry" doesn't ever feel like the right thing to say when anyone has lost someone....but it's the only thing I can think of right now.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    "I miss you already... I miss you always
    I miss you already... I miss you all day
    This is how I feel..."

it was my loss to never know you.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    So sorry and I sure hope she beats it! :(

Her chances look very good atm
  • Options
    FitzFitz Posts: 169
    One thing is for sure and that is its very hard to read this thread without getting very emotional. Its also very obvious that she touched many people's lives and along with that brough happiness and great memorys.

I never met her because I am very new to this board but this thread as touched me. I sincerely hope she walks the Long Road and its a very, very beautiful place. There's no doubting that she sure seems to deserve it.
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • Options
    so sorry for this terrible loss
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    I've been waiting all week to reply to this thread. I always enjoyed reading hippymoms posts.I didn't know her,but I love to see when a person,like her,touches so many people.
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this. i didn't know her but i saw her posts a lot. that really sucks. :(
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • Options
    I'm one of the lucky few who spent quality time with her. We had such a blast.

I'll always think of her when I play Pearl Jam.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    Fuck, I didn't know Hippiemom but I'm so sad for her.... I can't explain......
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Fuck, I didn't know Hippiemom but I'm so sad for her.... I can't explain......
    I know
  • Options