Fuck Cancer

Comments

• pearljammin41pearljammin41 Posts: 465
    i'm curious about this Heart cancer your friends mom had. I work in cancer care, and have never seen this. 99.99999999% of all heart tumors are benign. Was she being studied?

very interesting indeed
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    i'm curious about this Heart cancer your friends mom had. I work in cancer care, and have never seen this. 99.99999999% of all heart tumors are benign. Was she being studied?
    This is true.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Can't cure cancer. Too much money to be made it seems.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    I'll add one more.

My Dad is currently battling cancer... its a son of a bitch for sure.
  • SilverSeedSilverSeed Posts: 336

I don't know the details. I know she was in Maryland for a month before passing, getting treatment. I don't know if she was in a study, though if her case was that rare I imagine she was.

The service is Saturday, hopefully I'll be in touch with her son again before that. If I get details I'll try to remember to fill you in.

Also you didn't include FUCK CANCER in your post. That's not allowed here...
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Fuck Cancer.

Fuck it in the ass.

1 in 3 people... that scares the shit out of me. Not for myself, I'm not afraid of death. My loved ones though... :(
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    SilverSeed wrote:
    I don't know the details. I know she was in Maryland for a month before passing, getting treatment. I don't know if she was in a study, though if her case was that rare I imagine she was.

The service is Saturday, hopefully I'll be in touch with her son again before that. If I get details I'll try to remember to fill you in.

Also you didn't include FUCK CANCER in your post. That's not allowed here...

my bad, FUCK CANCER........I've got a strong family history of it as well...kinda why I went into this career. Cure rates are getting higher every year...and I've taken part of some truly miraculous cures at my job. More funding and research is always needed though.
    "It's all happening"
  • haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    i know... sun was the 2 year anniversary of my grandpappy's death, he died of cancer.

sadly too, with all the technology and shit today it seems like we're actually hindering more than helping.... pollution, aspertame, cell phones, tanning booths....
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    My cousin had it at the same age. My uncle died from Prostate cancer. My aunt from breast cancer. I never knew one grandma because cancer took her away when my mom was in her teens. Currently my other grandma has cancer. My aunt(my mom was a triplett, and now all three have had cancer) was diagnosed last week with breast cancer. The list goes on, and it's truly terrible. But with early findings, quick visits, and early treatment, and most of all a good spirit and support, it can be beaten.

This is an incredibly disturbing family history. You, my friend, should start all of your cancer screening early and I would even go so far as to suggest genetic counseling.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    FUCK CANCER

I have lost my Dad, Both Grandmas, one Grandpa, an Aunt, and 2 students to that fucking plague.

All I can tell you is there are people all around you there for you, and never give up even if it seems grim. If I can help in some way just ask

Good luck in the good fight to all, and FUCK CANCER

man that is cathartic, just yell it as loud as you can you'll feel so much better, FUUUUUUCKKK YOU CANCER
  • haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    FUCK CANCER

I have lost my Dad, Both Grandmas, one Grandpa, an Aunt, and 2 students to that fucking plague.

All I can tell you is there are people all around you there for you, and never give up even if it seems grim. If I can help in some way just ask

Good luck in the good fight to all, and FUCK CANCER

man that is cathartic, just yell it as loud as you can you'll feel so much better, FUUUUUUCKKK YOU CANCER
    you know, it really is kind of theraputic to flip the bird to that fucking disease...
    we need a giant unifed FUCK CANCER scream!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    I know I was thinking that too, heart cancer?! I've never heard of that! That sounds particulary awful and I am sorry to hear that! Wow.

Ok, f-u to the big C. My stepfather died from non hodgkins lymphoma and my grandmother died from lung cancer and emphysema. my father survived a thymoma though.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    DocChicago wrote:
    This is an incredibly disturbing family history. You, my friend, should start all of your cancer screening early and I would even go so far as to suggest genetic counseling.

Genetic counselling? *off to google*
    My ex's family has a similar history....nearly every aunt or uncle (and a few cousins) has had some form, all from their 30`s - 50`s...she lost her mom (early 50's), now her sister (35) has multiple cancers...I really worry about my kids :(

Fuck cancer
  • tie-dye ladytie-dye lady Posts: 305
    FUCK THAT MOTHERFUCKING CANCER!!!!

I had that phone call "You've got cancer" luckily it was basal skin cancer and easily removed. I have a wonky scar and dent on my head...scary as hell though to hear that phrase...thrilled as fuck that it was taken care of easily. All my good thoughts go out to everyone else dealing with it!
    Nothing divine dies. All good is eternally reproductive. The beauty of nature reforms itself in the mind, and not for barren contemplation, but for new creation. ~ Nature, Emerson
  • triangleman12triangleman12 Posts: 193
    I'd rather BEAT THE FUCK OUT OF CANCER! Lost my uncle a few years ago to cancer. :( My best friend's nephew is battling it now :( I do believe 100% there's a cure, too much money to be made off of sick people though! While we're at it . . . FUCK HEALTHCARE! FUCK PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES!
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Sorry SilverSeed and everyone else. Have you all seen this new research project? you may recognize the song..... standup2cancer.org. (Someone posted on the Porch already).

Take care everyone...............
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    it kinda freaks me out that a thead like this pops up now

I have to go tomorrow to get a biopsy done on a sore on my lip......I have never been this scared in my entire life :(

FUCK CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • brainofmebrainofme Posts: 231
    Todd76 wrote:
    it kinda freaks me out that a thead like this pops up now

I have to go tomorrow to get a biopsy done on a sore on my lip......I have never been this scared in my entire life :(

FUCK CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck to you. hopefully everything turns out okay.

fuck cancer!
    Vienna, Austria 2006
    Munich, Germany 2007
  • SilverSeed wrote:
    One of my best friends goes into bio-chemo tomorrow for melanoma. He's 24...

A good friend's mom died last week of heart cancer.

I'm seriously sick of hearing about cancer... When the fuck are we going to find a cure?

Sorry to add to the misery around here, just had to vent.

FUCK CANCER

and go Stem Cell research, the cure is out there.
    San Diego, July 07, 2006
    Los Angeles, July 10, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 21, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 22, 2006
    Lollapalooza, August 5th, 2007
    eV., Los Angeles April 12, 2008
    eV., San Diego April 15, 2008
    Given to Fly___..
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    pjtaper wrote:
    FUCK CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    agreed! :D
    and eff effin doggie cancer too! :mad:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Cancer is a fucking bitch. It is so scary, cuz I see so many younger people getting skin cancer..breast cancer, etc. I seen too many people suffer from this disease. I don't know if there ever will be a cure but I hope to see one in my lifetime.

I am sorry about your friend :(
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    I'd rather BEAT THE FUCK OUT OF CANCER! Lost my uncle a few years ago to cancer. :( My best friend's nephew is battling it now :( I do believe 100% there's a cure, too much money to be made off of sick people though! While we're at it . . . FUCK HEALTHCARE! FUCK PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES!

This is so sad really, and not just cancer, aids too!!! and hunger in thirld world countries. Its scary to reads this thread because almost everyone is related to cancer somehow, its so sad. And trillions spent in Iraq. But its all about people in powrer, politicians, stocks, it sucks, it really sucks. jets that fly without pilot, inteligent missiles, inteligent siuts, damaging misiles that cost a million dollars eachl, but there is no cure for aids or some types of cancer?? sad
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    Cancer is a sneaky bastard that waits in silent mockery to all of us
    Just when we think that we are living a healthy life
    It comes around and says, "fuck you. all that you thought was living; eating and not getting sick, hair, healthy color (vs. gray caner skin), youth,etc. is a lie........"

So I say "fuck you back, cancer" you can kill but not destroy.

those we love live on forever.

cancer is a loser..............
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,014
    I Lost my Dad back in December( 1 week before X-Mas) he was only 55. If there was anyone who I thought this terrible disease would leave alone, it was him. Active guy, non-smoker, casual drinker, healthy diet, great outlook on life etc. Goes to show,as people this is an issue we all can get behind.

Fuck Cancer
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I Lost my Dad back in December( 1 week before X-Mas) he was only 55. If there was anyone who I thought this terrible disease would leave alone, it was him. Active guy, non-smoker, casual drinker, healthy diet, great outlook on life etc. Goes to show,as people this is an issue we all can get behind.

Fuck Cancer

I lost mine 15 years ago at 63 yrs old of cancer as well. he smoked since he was 12 years old, so I know that you could say he inflicted this upon himself and for those who do not do a thing and still get this, I am sorry really, but still I was sad.

He got his lung removed to try to live two years treatment free as opposed to 4 years with chemo/radiation. But 7 days post op, he died of pneumonia, a side effect of the surgery that he was told may occur.

I can remember how scared he was before he had the operation and how he walked around with this pitiful dictionary that showed a set of lungs to show us what the doc said he was going to do. I had always thought that if someone is dying and they are at peace with it, then we can find a way as well to be. But the thing is sad when the person is scared to theie wits end, and does not feel they are ready to die and we can just watch and hope we are some comfort to them.

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
    writersu wrote:
    I lost mine 15 years ago at 63 yrs old of cancer as well. he smoked since he was 12 years old, so I know that you could say he inflicted this upon himself and for those who do not do a thing and still get this, I am sorry really, but still I was sad.

Im real sorry

My Dad had Gliblasoma(prob spelt wrong,brain cancer). I know people who have smoked 50+ years, and nothing. Who knows anymore where/how this shit starts.I gave up smoking before my Dad was diagnosed last May, started again due to stress. I'd like to stop again soon(expensive,hell it cant be good for you) One thing I've learned is you cant play the what if game, you'll go crazy. Little Kids get Cancer, what did they do to deserve this, that kept my Pops strong(not a why me guy) I'm sure deep down inside he was hurting big time.

He was a few years from retiring(Kids grown, on our own) He and my Mom had many plans. That is what gets me the most. He sacrificed a whole lot for us.When he passed, the months leading up to it were surreal.Now it is for me, a bit harder. I almost expect him to come home.

Got to keep on keeping on. I hope I get to hear Light Years at one of the shows I'm attending. It would mean a lot

Peace
  • SnakeSnake Posts: 2,605
    Yea my neighbor had it. It finally took her last year, It was a long painful battle for her. It was almost a relief when she died, she was having such a hard time.

+1 FUCK CANCER
    Pirates had democracy too.

"Its a secret to everybody."
    Snake wrote:
    Yea my neighbor had it. It finally took her last year, It was a long painful battle for her. It was almost a relief when she died, she was having such a hard time.

+1 FUCK CANCER

Lady across the street from me has stomach Cancer, nice lady.
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    writersu wrote:

Im real sorry

My Dad had Gliblasoma(prob spelt wrong,brain cancer). I know people who have smoked 50+ years, and nothing. Who knows anymore where/how this shit starts.I gave up smoking before my Dad was diagnosed last May, started again due to stress. I'd like to stop again soon(expensive,hell it cant be good for you) One thing I've learned is you cant play the what if game, you'll go crazy. Little Kids get Cancer, what did they do to deserve this, that kept my Pops strong(not a why me guy) I'm sure deep down inside he was hurting big time.

He was a few years from retiring(Kids grown, on our own) He and my Mom had many plans. That is what gets me the most. He sacrificed a whole lot for us.When he passed, the months leading up to it were surreal.Now it is for me, a bit harder. I almost expect him to come home.

Got to keep on keeping on. I hope I get to hear Light Years at one of the shows I'm attending. It would mean a lot

Peace

oh. man, hugs to you truly.

please know that as a parent even if we have dreams for life when we are free again from needing to be parents full time, there is no call greater or pleasure deeper than that of raising our kids. many sacrifices are made, surely, but there is a joy that you can't even call work even during the hard times as a parent. and I have teenagers and an 11 year old, so even all four of them, all that can happen, and they are still the coolest people I would choose to be around in a heartbeat.

miss your dad, it's a sign of your love but don't for a minute think you wasted any of his life by his sacrifices. you probably added more joy than sacrifice.

writersu wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

oh. man, hugs to you truly.

please know that as a parent even if we have dreams for life when we are free again from needing to be parents full time, there is no call greater or pleasure deeper than that of raising our kids. many sacrifices are made, surely, but there is a joy that you can't even call work even during the hard times as a parent. and I have teenagers and an 11 year old, so even all four of them, all that can happen, and they are still the coolest people I would choose to be around in a heartbeat.

miss your dad, it's a sign of your love but don't for a minute think you wasted any of his life by his sacrifices. you probably added more joy than sacrifice.

We had I real special relationship. During his treatments we would watch a bunch of comedy stuff, and talk for hours. I live on my own, when he was sick I couldn't stand to be that far away for too long.He fought like hell.

I know his dedication to us wasn't all for not. He took great pride in seeing us happy. But I still feel it was his turn to relax, and enjoy life. The small stuff doesn't bother me that much at all anymore.I know what is Important.Your Kids are lucky to have a parent like you.