Options

time for israel to be bombed to the stone age?

darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5249528.stm

since lebenon is being bombed becuase two soldiers were kidnapped, shouldnt israel now be bombed by palastine becasue it has kidnapped the speaker of the house of palastine?

i mean an eye for an eye...

*for the record i am not being serious... just raising a point*
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    darkcrow wrote:

since lebenon is being bombed becuase two soldiers were kidnapped, shouldnt israel now be bombed by palastine becasue it has kidnapped the speaker of the house of palastine?

depends on if you belive the chicken came first, or the egg.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    darkcrow wrote:

Makes me laugh b/c there is an ELECTED offical kidnapped...buts its okay....pathetic....considering the West wants a democratic Middle East but yet when it doens't agree with want the man wants...well fuck them then...
  • Options
    If this was an Israeli parliament member kidnapped it would be an entire different story....
  • Options
    If this was an Israeli parliament member kidnapped it would be an entire different story....

But of course, the logic of double standards.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    But of course, the logic of double standards.

If it was Beruit would no longer exist....Im just speechless right now on how this is tolerated....
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    darkcrow wrote:

I think their policy is "two eyes for an eye" "teeth for a tooth"
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,31200-galloway_060806,00.html

i realy dont like this guy but what he is saying is quite true. israel is losing the war becuase its actions ahve made hezbullah even more popular not only with shiites but with sunnis and christians in the arab world. sky news network is heavily bias towards israel and it does seem israeli blood is more valuable than muslim........

i dont like him but its true.
  • Options
    ilanailana Posts: 78
    yeah becouse there realy is no difference between a psychotic terrorist and an israeli pm
  • Options
    ilana wrote:
    yeah becouse there realy is no difference between a psychotic terrorist and an israeli pm

israel has kidnapped a number of palistinian politicians... not terrorists. i mean they have done that too but i guess there isnt really anything wrong with that. you cannot just kidnap politicians becuas eyou do not agree with them. if that was true bush would have been cut up to peices and fed to the sharks by now, same goes for blair.
  • Options
    darkcrow wrote:
    israel has kidnapped a number of palistinian politicians... not terrorists. i mean they have done that too but i guess there isnt really anything wrong with that. you cannot just kidnap politicians becuas eyou do not agree with them. if that was true bush would have been cut up to peices and fed to the sharks by now, same goes for blair.
    well then maybee we should have all respected and honered the nazis, after all they were polotitions.
    israel arests terorist what these terorists do in there spare time is really irrelivent.
  • Options
    ilana wrote:
    well then maybee we should have all respected and honered the nazis, after all they were polotitions.
    israel arests terorist what these terorists do in there spare time is really irrelivent.

i dont think palastinian politicians are advocated or are even planning another holocost, they just want their own state where they can feel safe in and not be at risk of israeli indiscriminate fire on innocents on the beach.

if everyone had your attitude then the IRA would not be disarming and entering the political arena.
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    darkcrow wrote:

I take it you don't really mean that. As it is there is enough death to go around.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    darkcrow wrote:
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,31200-galloway_060806,00.html

i realy dont like this guy but what he is saying is quite true. israel is losing the war becuase its actions ahve made hezbullah even more popular not only with shiites but with sunnis and christians in the arab world. sky news network is heavily bias towards israel and it does seem israeli blood is more valuable than muslim........

i dont like him but its true.

Israel is losing the war? By what definition? If you mean earning the ire of the international community, then I'd probably have to agree.
  • Options
    Israel is losing the war? By what definition? If you mean earning the ire of the international community, then I'd probably have to agree.

i guess what he meant was that hezbullah is experiencing a great deal of popular support and that they are firing more and more missiles into israel....
  • Options
    I've read this somewhere a few days ago : "Shhhh, Israel is defending itself"..kinda says it all!
  • Options
    OpenOpen Posts: 792
    ilana wrote:

Pulling out the Nazi card, can you get any lower? Pathetic...just like what's happening in Beirut.
  • Options
    Open wrote:
    Pulling out the Nazi card, can you get any lower? Pathetic...just like what's happening in Beirut.

Well, opponents of Israel play the race card all the time too, so the Nazi card is probably par for the course, no?
  • Options
    Well, opponents of Israel play the race card all the time too, so the Nazi card is probably par for the course, no?

Actually no it's not, this is more about occupation..not race.
  • Options
    Open wrote:
    Actually no it's not, this is more about occupation..not race.

In your opinion ... Many others use the race issue as well.
  • Options
    In your opinion ... Many others use the race issue as well.

You're actually comparing this to the NAZI's??? Sadly, there are race issues involved in everything; but to compare this to the nazi's is a joke and a desperate reach....in my opinion.
  • Options
    Open wrote:
    You're actually comparing this to the NAZI's??? Sadly, there are race issues involved in everything; but to compare this to the nazi's is a joke and a desperate reach....in my opinion.

How so? And I am not comparing anything, really. Well, that's not true. My point was, people on both sides of this debate have their stock cards they play. Hardcore Israel supporters and their opponents on the other extreme both evoke history as a justification for current actions on the part of both Israel and Hizbollah/other terrorist groups. At one point does one leave history in the past and move forward by changing behavior in the present? You yourself brought up occupation. What occupation? Lebanon is only occupied now because Hizbollah decided to start some shit. How long is history going to serve as an excuse or rationale for terrorism perpetuated by both sides?
  • Options
    How so? And I am not comparing anything, really. Well, that's not true. My point was, people on both sides of this debate have their stock cards they play. Hardcore Israel supporters and their opponents on the other extreme both evoke history as a justification for current actions on the part of both Israel and Hizbollah/other terrorist groups. At one point does one leave history in the past and move forward by changing behavior in the present? You yourself brought up occupation. What occupation? Lebanon is only occupied now because Hizbollah decided to start some shit. How long is history going to serve as an excuse or rationale for terrorism perpetuated by both sides?

The occupation i was talking about was Israel itself...that's what this is all about, not race. The Nazi's were about genocide, that's not the case here it's about the occupation of a piece of land....to use Nazis as an example is a disgrace to all the people that were killed by the Nazis.
  • Options
    Open wrote:
    The occupation i was talking about was Israel itself...that's what this is all about, not race. The Nazi's were about genocide, that's not the case here it's about the occupation of a piece of land....to use Nazis as an example is a disgrace to all the people that were killed by the Nazis.

But this is exactly what I am talking about ... How is this focus on history going to be helpful today? I know the occupation is not history, it is current. But the original event happened in the past and the result of this event (Israel) is not going anywhere. People are going to have to live with it, and they can do so in ways that don't involve bloodshed and bigotry. Why shouldn't Israel be there? I am in North America, which isn't my so-called "racial homeland". Arabs have spread into parts of Africa that were previously held by natives.
    I think the real problem is in how Israelis relate to other people in the Middle East ... The problem should no longer be the existence of the country itself.
  • Options
    But this is exactly what I am talking about ... How is this focus on history going to be helpful today? I know the occupation is not history, it is current. But the original event happened in the past and the result of this event (Israel) is not going anywhere. People are going to have to live with it, and they can do so in ways that don't involve bloodshed and bigotry. Why shouldn't Israel be there? I am in North America, which isn't my so-called "racial homeland". Arabs have spread into parts of Africa that were previously held by natives.
    I think the real problem is in how Israelis relate to other people in the Middle East ... The problem should no longer be the existence of the country itself.

I agree with you Isreal does have a right to exist...that's not what our discussion is about...Ilana brought the Nazi's into this and I dont believe there is a comparison. The reason it's gone on this far is due to the endless cycle of killing on both sides that is going on as we speak. My greatest concern with what's going on is that Isreal is killing 90 civilians to kill 1 terrorist..that in itself is terrorisim.
  • Options
    Open wrote:
    I agree with you Isreal does have a right to exist...that's not what our discussion is about...Ilana brought the Nazi's into this and I dont believe there is a comparison. The reason it's gone on this far is due to the endless cycle of killing on both sides that is going on as we speak. My greatest concern with what's going on is that Isreal is killing 90 civilians to kill 1 terrorist..that in itself is terrorisim.

Well, maybe we are more in agreement than I originally thought.
    :)
  • Options
    Well, maybe we are more in agreement than I originally thought.
    :)

Cheers to that... peace
  • Options
    darkcrow wrote:
    i dont think palastinian politicians are advocated or are even planning another holocost, they just want their own state where they can feel safe in and not be at risk of israeli indiscriminate fire on innocents on the beach.

if everyone had your attitude then the IRA would not be disarming and entering the political arena.
    that is bullshit
    they had the opertunity to have there own sstate time and again, with the peal comission, the partition plan, and in 2000 in camp david, but as usual the arabs that call themselves palastinions, never miss an opotunity to miss an oppotunity
    you think they are not planing another holocaust , check thire charter, look at thire actions, and listen to thire speaches.
    if every one had your atitude, then we would all be ignoring historical fact.
  • Options
    Open wrote:
    just pointing out the facts, that should not bother you now should it
  • Options
    dayandayan Posts: 475
    Open wrote:

Actually I think it's quite appropriate. Hamas and Hezbullah and Iran are all about genocide. And guess who they'd like to kill. The Jews. That's strange, isn't that who the Nazis were after also? Like I said, quite appropriate.
  • Options
    dayandayan Posts: 475
    Open wrote:

497 Lebanese civilians and about 400 Hezbullah terrorists have been killed since the fighting started. How exactly does that come out to 90 civilians for every 1 terrorist killed?