Options

Israeli Apartheid - Segregation, Control and the Creation of Bantustans in the OPT

Comments

• Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    Exactly when do Palestinians/Muslim Extremists take responsibility and accountibility for their shameful and violent actions?

Let me know when that happens. I'll have my Bauer hockey skates strapped on tight, so I could skate the frozen ice of hell.
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    NMyTree wrote:
    Exactly when do Palestinians/Muslim Extremists take responsibility and accountibility for their shameful and violent actions?

Let me know when that happens. I'll have my Bauer hockey skates strapped on tight, so I could skate the frozen ice of hell.

You know at the doctors office? that little rubber hammer they use on your knee? what happens when they tap it? you knee reacts with a jump yeah? are you to take responsibility for the jump or the doctor hitting your knee? palestinian violence is only a reaction from an american made hammer, used by israeli "doctors". stop hitting their knees and the leg will stop jumping.
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    You know at the doctors office? that little rubber hammer they use on your knee? what happens when they tap it? you knee reacts with a jump yeah? are you to take responsibility for the jump or the doctor hitting your knee? palestinian violence is only a reaction from an american made hammer, used by israeli "doctors". stop hitting their knees and the leg will stop jumping.

Sorry, but that's pure bullshit.

It's disturbing how someone who seems to be so intelligent as you, could believe such utter nonsense.

The problems, conflicts and racist-hatred for Jews, by Muslim extremists, has been in effect for thousands of years. The extremist ideology behind it has been around for thousands of years.

You thinking you can decide and pin-point the chicken or the egg in this neverending situation, is sad.

Many intellectuals and historians from all over the world have indicated that their research clearly indicates Israel (and Jews) have a definitive right to be exactly in that location. But you have taken it upon yourself to decide who belongs and who does not. As well as whom started it and who is the clear victim. Interesting.

Until people like you start demanding accountibility and responsibility from all sides in the conflict; you will be nothing more than an advocate and enabler of racist violence and murder.
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    NMyTree wrote:

It's disturbing how someone who seems to be so intelligent as you, could believe such utter nonsense.

The problems, conflicts and racist-hatred for Jews, by Muslim extremists, has been in effect for thousands of years. The extremist ideology behind it has been around for thousands of years.

You thinking you can decide and pin-point the chicken or the egg in this neverending situation, is sad.

Many intellectuals and historians from all over the world have indicated that their research clearly indicates Israel (and Jews) have a definitive right to be exactly in that location. But you have taken it upon yourself to decide who belongs and who does not. As well as whom started it and who is the clear victim. Interesting.

Until people like you start demanding accountibility and responsibility from all sides in the conflict; you will be nothing more than an advocate and enabler of racist violence and murder.

Forget it, some of us on this thead are trying to see the whole picture and find a solution, while MrBrian only wish to find someone (Israeli settlers & the US) to blame. Sad, but true.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:

I think that argument about who has "rights" to that land is really getting old and missing the point. If you argue that Jews have some sort of right to that land, then you should also argue that every American should be kicked off the continent to make way for the original natives. That's rediculous to argue about "rights" like that. Nobody recognizes "rights" like that.

The point is, a large number of people were kicked off the land they were living on, and this has caused tensions and violence for a long time. THAT is the issue, and we have to deal with it in a realistic way. And the right solution is a viable 2-state settlement as everyone in the world agrees...except the U.S. and Israel. Israel wants to break up the occupied territory, take all the valuable lands in the West Bank for themselves, and offer the leftover garbage to the Palestinians. Everyone with half a brain who knows how to read a map can tell that isn't a viable 2-state settlement.

Going back to the UN-recognized borders with minor changes is the best solution. This wouldn't end any racism in the region or end all the tensions, but it would most certainly reduce the violence.
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    I think that argument about who has "rights" to that land is really getting old and missing the point. If you argue that Jews have some sort of right to that land, then you should also argue that every American should be kicked off the continent to make way for the original natives. That's rediculous to argue about "rights" like that. Nobody recognizes "rights" like that.

The point is, a large number of people were kicked off the land they were living on, and this has caused tensions and violence for a long time. THAT is the issue, and we have to deal with it in a realistic way. And the right solution is a viable 2-state settlement as everyone in the world agrees...except the U.S. and Israel. Israel wants to break up the occupied territory, take all the valuable lands in the West Bank for themselves, and offer the leftover garbage to the Palestinians. Everyone with half a brain who knows how to read a map can tell that isn't a viable 2-state settlement.

Going back to the UN-recognized borders with minor changes is the best solution. This wouldn't end any racism in the region or end all the tensions, but it would most certainly reduce the violence.

Yeah but the american natives for the most part are all gone, yeah know they were killed, the palestinians are still alive and fighting a war that has not ended. Otherwise I don't really disagree with what else you've said.

I'll have to get into more detail later tonight,
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    Forget it, some of us on this thead are trying to see the whole picture and find a solution, while MrBrian only wish to find someone (Israeli settlers & the US) to blame. Sad, but true.

You seem to be trying to look at the whole picture with both eyes closed, that's sad, but true.

don't go on about me, give me some detail, tell me, what created the terrorism? when did it start?
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    You seem to be trying to look at the whole picture with both eyes closed, that's sad, but true.

don't go on about me, give me some detail, tell me, what created the terrorism? when did it start?

read, really, read my posts on this very thread, and than we'll see if you still think I'm looking at the whole picture with my eyes closed.The only thing you are doing here is looking for someone to blame, not a realistic solution.
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    read, really, read my posts on this very thread, and than we'll see if you still think I'm looking at the whole picture with my eyes closed.The only thing you are doing here is looking for someone to blame, not a realistic solution.

Well i'm sorry but one side is to blame, and it's Israel, sure the palestinians must do their part, but Israel remains the cause. You don't have to like it.

Israel does'nt need a fucking wall, they need to stop tearing down homes. That's a start.

also it's unfair to ask the palestinians to relax while the israelis twist the knife that they put in them. take the blade out first, they (the palestinians) have every right to scream and fight back.
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    Well i'm sorry but one side is to blame, and it's Israel

You are so dead wrong. So very, very dead wrong, here.
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    Well i'm sorry but one side is to blame, and it's Israel, sure the palestinians must do their part, but Israel remains the cause. You don't have to like it.

Israel does'nt need a fucking wall, they need to stop tearing down homes. That's a start.

also it's unfair to ask the palestinians to relax while the israelis twist the knife that they put in them. take the blade out first, they (the palestinians) have every right to scream and fight back.

You didn't read my posts, right? well, no point for me to read yours, after all I'll always get the same replay, right?

forget it, if you can't even give me the min' respect, I got nothing to talk to you about.

good night!
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:

That's fine, please, explain.

tell me when it started? tell me when the first suicide bombing was? tell me about the land grabs? give me the cause? and please I don't wanna hear some shit about the palestinians doing it for some fucking virgins. Maybe some think that way, but the fight against israel is still true and very much just.
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    You didn't read my posts, right? well, no point for me to read yours, after all I'll always get the same replay, right?

forget it, if you can't even give me the min' respect, I got nothing to talk to you about.

good night!

I respect your choice of music, I respect you for that, I have read your posts, you are the one who wanted to cut me off after my first reply.

It does'nt even matter now, you want to start again?

Please do.
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    That's fine, please, explain.

tell me when it started? tell me when the first suicide bombing was? tell me about the land grabs? give me the cause? and please I don't wanna hear some shit about the palestinians doing it for some fucking virgins. Maybe some think that way, but the fight against israel is still true and very much just.

It's as simple as this.

You've read books. I've read books.

When there are historical facts that support both sides, it's blatantly obvious to the objective mind- that both sides share the blame in the neverending conflict. Facts don't support both sides, unless both are equally guilty.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    shiraz wrote:
    I only mentioned the settlers are also attached to that place for a good reason, and they deserve the IDF's protection because the Israeli govt encourage them to live there & they didn't arrive there on their own, because I don't think all of the hostility towards them is justifaied.

I think the solution is an Israeli withdraw under an AGREEMENT. The Gaza pull-out was proven to be wrong, as the Hamas took the opportunity to launch rockets over Israeli town of Sderot, instead of actually doing something useful for its own people. Same goes to the Rafich passage (Palestine-Egypt border), which was immediately used for weaponds smuggling, while the Palestinian people started to feel the lack of food (cause Israel & the rest of the world refused to finance a terror govt).

I think not all settlements should be evacuate, because few of them turned into small towns, and one of them, Ariel, became a large city which serves people from all over the Israeli area, including Israeli arabs. The problem is so far, the Palestinian authority doesn't care about it, they don't want to hear anything else other than "past based" talking (=returning all the original pieces of land & having an automatic right to return to Palestine).

Israel is a VERY small place, and Palestine is going to be a lot smaller. There are almost 2 millions Palestinians from Jordan who actually want to move there as soon as they'll be able to do so. I believe Palestinians have the right to return to their home-land, but the reality is there is no room for everyone here, so maybe they should get a limited quota per year (5000-10000, the same like the average number of people who are doing "aliya" every year). But again, the Palestinian authority is living in the past, unlike the Israeli govt they've showen no will to compromise (remember the Barak offer in 2000, the Gaza pull-out etc'), and as long as it keeps on thinking in that kind of a fixed way, no peace is gonna come.

Way to Omit some facts. The Gaza pull-out may have worked if Israel didn't expand into the West Bank. Remember some 25 settlements were removed from Gaza, but 1200 were added to the West Bank. Get your facts straight.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    NMyTree wrote:

Pretty much. I don't know how people can adopt these one-sided views, but they do. People on both sides of the issue.
  • Options
    Let's get something else straight. Back in the 50's a scientist discovered zero-point energy and some how he died and all of his research disappeared.

Many historians have found that parts of the holocaust are lies.

Many historians have found Jesus never existed, rather Apollonius of Tyana, another Messiah, did exist.

A welder, developed a hydrogen fuel cell to power his welding device, it's only bi-product is water. Yet we are still using fossil fuels for just about everything.

I guess you believe what ever you want to believe. The same is true for historians.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Way to Omit some facts. The Gaza pull-out may have worked if Israel didn't expand into the West Bank. Remember some 25 settlements were removed from Gaza, but 1200 were added to the West Bank. Get your facts straight.

Get my words straight first. I wrote it before: Yhhuda & Shomron areas. I also wrote the Israeli govt is the one who keeps those people out there, instead of pulling them out, but once again you read what you feel like.
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    Get my words straight first. I wrote it before: Yhhuda & Shomron areas. I also wrote the Israeli govt is the one who keeps those people out there, instead of pulling them out, but once again you read what you feel like.

So, Israel is wrong then, how does that make Israel justified.

It's like... "Sorry I hit you... oh, sorry I hit you again... oh sorry again."

When does it stop?
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    So, Israel is wrong then, how does that make Israel justified.

It's like... "Sorry I hit you... oh, sorry I hit you again... oh sorry again."

When does it stop?

When did I say "that does make Israel justified"?

Oh right, never. All I did was pointing out the settlers themselves & most Palestinian civilians are not to blame, the PLA & Israeli govt are.

But you, well, Keep on reading what you feel like in order to feel you're right no matter what.
  • Options
    Pretty much. I don't know how people can adopt these one-sided views, but they do. People on both sides of the issue.

Well when you see the facts, like israel blowing up homes, shellings, shooting school kids, then lie, land grab whatever, then on top of that know the history of the issue/conflict, then look at the most recent crimes. it's not about just being one sided, it's about being on the right side.

I'm not for killing innocent people, I don't really agree with everything they (the palestinians) do, but that will not take away from the just cause they fight. Yes I'm on the side of the palestinians.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I guess you believe what ever you want to believe. The same is true for historians.

Works both ways. The facts you so eagerly cling to, are subject to the same scrutiny and selective interpretations.

So what makes more sense? Choose a side to defend and completely blame the other side?

Or admit that both sides have an equal violent and combative history with just about everyone they come across; and seek accountability and responsibility from both sides?
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    When did I say "that does make Israel justified"?

Oh right, never. All I did was pointing out the settlers themselves & most Palestinian civilians are not to blame, the PLA & Israeli govt are.

But you, well, Keep on reading what you feel like in order to feel you're right no matter what.

The government is representative of the people. In the event the government misbehaves such as this, it's the responsibility of the people to hold the government accountable. True democracy is a government that is representative of the majority of it's citizens. You are guilty by association. Just as I am guilty for my governments wrong-doings, whatever they might be.
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    Well when you see the facts, like israel blowing up homes, shellings, shooting school kids, then lie, land grab whatever, then on top of that know the history of the issue/conflict, then look at the most recent crimes. it's not about just being one sided, it's about being on the right side.

I'm not for killing innocent people, I don't really agree with everything they (the palestinians) do, but that will not take away from the just cause they fight. Yes I'm on the side of the palestinians.

Well, I feel that you've done the wrong thing in choosing a side. But that's me.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Works both ways. The facts you so eagerly cling to, are subject to the same scrutiny and selective interpretations.

So what makes more sense? Choose a side to defend and completely blame the other side?

Or admit that both sides have an equal violent and combative history with just about everyone they come across; and seek accountability and responsibility from both sides?

Fine, let's talk modern facts, israel invaded lebanon a few weeks ago, israel just killed some palestianins, israel is in violations of some major UN resoultions. Debate it.

Israel broke the recent cease fire first.

yes, the past is gone, lets talk about them now.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:

I am pointing out both sides are wrong. Iran is driven by a religous doctorine which I find incredibly flawed. First of all, in my mind, an individual that places blind faith in an unseen entity of impossible power is ignorant and weak. A country that does that is primative and misinformed. Both Israel and Iran fall into that catagory of religously motivated agendas and social structure.

I'm just standing up against propaganda from unconditional Israeli supporters. I'd do the same for Israel, but I've yet to see any.
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    Israel broke the recent cease fire first.

How so? If you're referring to that commando raid, then I'll agree ... Although in all honesty, the other side has broken more ceasefires than Israel has.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I'm just standing up against propaganda from unconditional Israeli supporters. I'd do the same for Israel, but I've yet to see any.

You've seen tons ... You just choose not to recognize it for what it is.
  • Options
    You've seen tons ... You just choose not to recognize it for what it is.

Such as?
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    The government is representative of the people. In the event the government misbehaves such as this, it's the responsibility of the people to hold the government accountable. True democracy is a government that is representative of the majority of it's citizens. You are guilty by association. Just as I am guilty for my governments wrong-doings, whatever they might be.

No, the people = the civilians are not "guilty". According to that logic I should just blame the Palestinians for all the terrorists actions, cause 80% of them voted for the Hamas. But it doesn't work that why. Civilians =/= govts. That's why I don't automaticly hate/mistrust US or UK people just because what their govt is doing in Iraq, though many of them support these actions. You, on the other hand, do. And that's makes you a very closed minded person.