Who are pearl jam fans?

2»

Comments

• ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    El_Kabong wrote:
    i live in sc and they are all over the place...shirts, stickers, license plate frames...doesn't mississippi or some state actually have it as part of their state flag?

there's gonna be assholes and ppl who are just there b/c it's a show to go to in most cases. at the hershey 03 show the group sitting behind me kept getting up every 15 or so min for another beer and at one point one of the girls exclaimed 'not another new one!' and i think they only played like 3 new songs...
    Let's set the record straight here...the bars and stars are NOT the confederate states flag. The bars and stars are the confederate "battle" flag. In the south it became popular again when a conservative sect of the democratic party -that was for segregation- began using the flag to promote their evil causes. I know you weren't sticking up for it Kabong, but I just want everyone to know that there is a huge difference between the CSA flag, and the "battle" flag...that's why it's continued use is so fucked up.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    El_Kabong wrote:
    the upstate, about 30 miles south of greenville

as long as a person isn't knocking into me or being lour and obnoxious i tune everyone out, the 'another new one?' comment caught me offguard as the only new ones they played were help, help, get right and thumbing my way...unless you count some binaural stuff as 'new'...but overall i could care less the experience or lack of one some stranger has.

Indeed, you're in a pretty good area. Close to the smokies, and Ashville and close enough to decent ski areas like Boone and not but maybe 2 hours from Charleston nice.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Jammin909 wrote:
    I have been to dozens of shows at the Tweeter Center and have never seen a Confederate flag in the parking lot.

Who the fuck cares if people are playing beer pong and enjoying themselves. Maybe you should lighten up a little.

People do not go to shows to hear Eddie talk about politics or get enlightened on the issues. I agree with what Eddie says but I dont value his opinion over any other random persons. He is a rock star, not a politician.

Just because people are ignorant to what the band is about, doesn't mean that it's okay for them to litter and ugly up the environment. It's a responsibility as human beings to take care of where we live. Do you disagree? I always bring a garbage bag to concerts with me to put my garbage in. Is it so hard to do? Party all you want, but be a little responsible.
  • I don't understand the whole idea of going to a concert and getting drunk, anyway. When I go to a concert I want to remember it in its entirety.

Show some respect for the venue and the other concert-goers and behave decently.

And as for the littering, if you're so apathetic and lazy that you can't walk ten feet to a trash can to throw your garbage out, then there's just no hope for you.
    Once upon a time, there was a lovely little sausage called Baldrick, and it lived happily ever after. The End.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I guess I'm a bit idealistic too in that I'd like to think that Pearl Jam fans know how to have a good time and still act civilized. I'd like to think we're above all of the afore-mentioned shennanigans. I mean we're talking about Pearl Jam, not Motley Crue here.

When PJ comes here to Houston they always play in an outdoor venue that can hold up to like 20,000. Most of the viewing area is lawn but the front quarter or so of the venue is covered seating. For Pearl Jam, this is almost all Ten Club members, so I do my best to sit up there with these people. I think I would lose it if I kept hearing dickheads saying "play Jeremy" the whole show. I was sure we'd lost these people by the release of No Code at least. We've just got to face the fact the Pearl Jam are a legendary rock band that will attract all types, even if the only songs they know are from Ten.
  • DE JammerDE Jammer Posts: 26
    Most of the people I met and saw at the Camden concert were late 20's and into their 30's. I couldn't believe the total disrespect when I saw all that trash in the parking lot. It just wasn't just trash on the ground, either. The bathrooms had piles of trash in them too- filled to the top of the seat. We waited until they cleared the bottles before we went home.

I've been to many, many concerts and sporting events in the past 20 years and have never seen anything like that! Frickin pigs! I even heard someone trying to justify it by saying that they have an open container law in PA and NJ and that's why everyone was tossing their trash. Bullshit.

I felt like I was at a teenager event (and not even the teens that hang out around our house are that disrespectful). We drank that day, but we had a garbage bag.

I don't care if it was Camden or not, it just wasn't right.
    Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. -Robert Orben
  • sonicreducersonicreducer Posts: 713
    hershey '03 was the cleanest place with the coolest people that i've been to. it was in the hershey park area, with a lot of security. and the dudes we met that day were really cool. and also the wild turkey was flowing through my system that day. good times,...
    you're a real hooker. im gonna slap you in public.
    ~Ron Burgundy
  • InsaneSoupInsaneSoup Posts: 37
    hershey '03 was the cleanest place with the coolest people that i've been to. it was in the hershey park area, with a lot of security. and the dudes we met that day were really cool. and also the wild turkey was flowing through my system that day. good times,...

HAHA! That is hilarious. Hershey Park was a DUMP! (Once you got in the stadium). I've never smelled so many different foul stenches. But we partied so hard and did meet some fun folks so it wasn't a thang.
    4/16/92...8/20/92...6/19/05...6/20/05...9/24/96...10/5/96...6/14/98...9/18/98...9/19/98...9/4/00...5/3/03...7/1/03...7/12/03...5/30/06...cuz everyone seems to be doin' it....please don't jump off any bridges.
  • sonicreducersonicreducer Posts: 713
    InsaneSoup wrote:
    HAHA! That is hilarious. Hershey Park was a DUMP! (Once you got in the stadium). I've never smelled so many different foul stenches. But we partied so hard and did meet some fun folks so it wasn't a thang.

i was really drunk, but i don't remember it being a dump. maybe i was more intoxicated than i thought i was.
    you're a real hooker. im gonna slap you in public.
    ~Ron Burgundy
  • InsaneSoupInsaneSoup Posts: 37
    i was really drunk, but i don't remember it being a dump. maybe i was more intoxicated than i thought i was.

Also, from what I can remember, everyone was wasted at that show...maybe an alcohol/chocolate induced frenzy. The vibe was very strange the whole time...might have had something to do with Ed not being the best of spirits "Fuck this fucking chocolate factory" "mosquito bites" etc.

But hey, I had a blast, I've never had a crappy time at a pearl jam show regardless of venue, surrounding good/bad fans, set-lists, being on the side in the very last row of the upper deck in Charleston, or being 2nd row at VFC. It all adds up to good stories and memories (or lack thereof) for me.
    4/16/92...8/20/92...6/19/05...6/20/05...9/24/96...10/5/96...6/14/98...9/18/98...9/19/98...9/4/00...5/3/03...7/1/03...7/12/03...5/30/06...cuz everyone seems to be doin' it....please don't jump off any bridges.
  • SadPandaSadPanda Posts: 33
    I wonder who the fans are myself sometimes .... but to each their own ....
    I know for myself I was really upset at the way some people have acted in the past about things like how pissed they were because they did not get front row seats at every PJ show .... and they were in 10 club for this many years and so on and so forth .....
    also ... Despite what the thing says about me just being new here .... I used to come on this board since like 1998 .... I was avoiding it for awhile when some people here had some really rude comments about a post I had made ... it was crushing to me ................. but I love this band .... and I realized that NObody is going to take the joy and fellowship I have experienced because of Pearl Jam .... so let them have their fun ....
    .....there ain't nothing they can do to bring me down...

:)
    Knoxville 98, Charlotte 00, Greensboro 00, Atlanta 00, Nashville 00, Seattle 01, Birmingham 03, Raleigh 03, Charlotte 03, Nashville 03, Atlanta 03, Lexington 03, Asheville 04. http://www.swankpad.org/luau/