Options

"Shut up, just shut up"

13»

Comments

• Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    sourdough wrote:
    I guess it depends on what news you are getting (I don't have cable so perhaps TV news is better), but from what I am reading, it tends to emphasize the couple of Israeli deaths from that night with a small mention further in the paper about the 60 Lebonese civilians. Furthermore, its omitting the fact that Non-Islamic communities have also been hit. My best friend's parents are in Lebanon right now and they lived in a christian neighbourhood. It was generally accepted that so long as you didn't live or venture to certain areas you'd be ok, but now its open season.

I have read about a few attacks on Christian areas, including one where a drill truck was destroyed (allegedly because it looked like a missile launcher from the air).
    I was talking mainly about TV, although I read everything I can find on the net as well. Not saying you're completely off base. Just hasn't been my perspective thus far.
  • Options
    If anybody saw Ann Coulter on "Newsnight" (UK), they would know that she is not always the winner of the debate/slanging match.

She may be very intelligent and refuse to admit that she is wrong, but when it comes down to it, she's just a white supremacist with some stupid ideas that most people laugh at. Don't get heated over her, she'll be dead one day ;)
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    She's a certified screamin mimi....A nutbar on wheels and a broomstick.

Her 15 mins are almost up. Soon no one will give 2 shits about her...

and she won't care either she'll have her cash and the rest of her life to think about her terrible legacy in life.

The rest of her life will continue to be pathetic and shallow, bad karma and hate will follow her around like the plague until she dies of cancer from it. No big surprise. Sad really.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Video: O'reilly on Lebanon

Spin... spin.

this is the same frankin vs oreily that was posted above this, not anything about lebanon
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    El_Kabong wrote:
    this is the same frankin vs oreily that was posted above this, not anything about lebanon

Oops, try this one
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    She's a certified screamin mimi....A nutbar on wheels and a broomstick.

Her 15 mins are almost up. Soon no one will give 2 shits about her...

and she won't care either she'll have her cash and the rest of her life to think about her terrible legacy in life.

The rest of her life will continue to be pathetic and shallow, bad karma and hate will follow her around like the plague until she dies of cancer from it. No big surprise. Sad really.

Do you guys perceive any irony in your hate-filled reactions to a woman who spews what you deem to be hate?
    :)
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    surferdude wrote:
    Actually I think Coulter is just about everything people on this board think she is. I just have my eyes open enough (took them blinders off) to notice that Michael Moore is her equivalant on the other side of the fence. Watch Bowling For Columbine. Just about eveything Moore has to say about the Canadian healthcare system is a complete fabrication. He either didn't look into the facts, after all he has never been one to let the facts get in the way of a good documentary. Or he purposefully lied.

And would you say this fabrication - if indeed it is (I don't know) - undermines his central point re: gun crime in the U.S?
  • Options
    sourdoughsourdough Posts: 579
    surferdude wrote:
    Just about eveything Moore has to say about the Canadian healthcare system is a complete fabrication. He either didn't look into the facts, after all he has never been one to let the facts get in the way of a good documentary. Or he purposefully lied.

My memory is failing me... What did Moore say about CDN health care that was wrong/lie?
  • Options
    Do you guys perceive any irony in your hate-filled reactions to a woman who spews what you deem to be hate?
    :)
    Well, if America has taught us anything, it's that two wrongs make a right!!