Options

"Shut up, just shut up"

AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
According to journalists like Bill O'reilly and Ann Coulter if you don't like the way things are you should "Shut up, just shut up" because you are anti-american.

So I guess that makes us all anti-american, because each and every one of us has a problem with the way things are. That's just human nature. Bill and Ann are sensationalist #*(*$&%*E&($#*.
I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    Ahnimus wrote:
    According to journalists like Bill O'reilly and Ann Coulter if you don't like the way things are you should "Shut up, just shut up" because you are anti-american.

So I guess that makes us all anti-american, because each and every one of us has a problem with the way things are. That's just human nature. Bill and Ann are sensationalist #*(*$&%*E&($#*.
    Then there's the flipside to Bill and Ann, people like Michael Moore and Eddie Vedder.Where they spout off if you agree with Bush on anything it's because you're either stupid or don't understand the issue.
    Neither side is any better than the other, and are looking more and more alike everyday.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war.
    Ann Coulter

Whether they are defending the Soviet Union or bleating for Saddam Hussein, liberals are always against America. They are either traitors or idiots, and on the matter of America's self-preservation, the difference is irrelevant.
    Ann Coulter

While the form of treachery varies slightly from case to case, liberals always manage to take the position that most undermines American security.
    Ann Coulter
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Phil Donahue: "I just want to make sure we got this right. Liberals hate America. They hate all religions except Islam. Liberals love Islam, hate all other religions."
    Ann Coulter: "Post 9/11."
    Donahue: "Well, good for you."
    --Donahue, MSNBC, July 19, 2002
  • Options
    If you want to turn it into a pissing match I can spend the time to look up and quote the blow hards on the left. But I don't see the point. More than enough info is out there about how untruthful Michael Moore is, and if forced I could find some truly ignorant quotes by Eddie. In fact you could do a search in this forum and find some.
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    http://www.giveupblog.com/hitlercoulterquiz.html

Ann Coulter or Hitler, guess who made the statment
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    If you want to turn it into a pissing match I can spend the time to look up and quote the blow hards on the left. But I don't see the point. More than enough info is out there about how untruthful Michael Moore is, and if forced I could find some truly ignorant quotes by Eddie. In fact you could do a search in this forum and find some.

Michael Moore deserves no respect I agree with you and I personally don't care what Eddie Vedder's political opinions are. What I am talking about here is journalists, people that have a moral requirement to remain objective and not opinionated.
  • Options
    Man, the US media is direct improvement on Hitler's propaganda machine. What makes me sick is people actually believe this crap.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Michael Moore deserves no respect I agree with you and I personally don't care what Eddie Vedder's political opinions are. What I am talking about here is journalists, people that have a moral requirement to remain objective and not opinionated.
    Coulter and O'Reily are not journalists. They are talk show hosts who will say anything to get ratings.
    And Michael Moore is making "documentaries" shouldn't have a moral requirement to remain objective? Eddie Vedder on a supposed non-partisan Vote For Change tour shouldn't have a moral requirement to remain objective?
    The one commonality is that they are all out to sell something. And in the end it's not their ideas they're selling.
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    I think we need to abolish money. (eye carumba!?!)

We need to return to being self sufficient and return to the land. Our great Mother Earth. Money is evil, and Evil is now ruling the world. There is no relief possible in this scenario, only more war, greed, and killing.

I'm almost thinking of dumping the whole thing and becoming amish :D

Seriously though. find me a sweet carribean island and I'll happily live like survivor, hunt for my food, fish, farm, and raise 6 beautiful healthy children with my sweet lil lovin woman.

And it will be decent hard work that will keep my bones and heart strong.

It believe it would be far better than what I have to endure every day now just to maintain the obvious benefit of being able to breate (polluted) air. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    Coulter and O'Reily are not journalists. They are talk show hosts who will say anything to get ratings.
    And Michael Moore is making "documentaries" shouldn't have a moral requirement to remain objective? Eddie Vedder on a supposed non-partisan Vote For Change tour shouldn't have a moral requirement to remain objective?
    The one commonality is that they are all out to sell something. And in the end it's not their ideas they're selling.

Well, Coulter and O'Reilly are outright offensive and racist. Michael Moore makes shitloads of money making bush look like a fool and Vedder makes good music. But Ann and Bill are on the tele every day spouting racist and facist hate.
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    And the networks put them on because it makes people insane but it pulls in the viewers, through anger, which in turn makes money.

Facist racists fuelled by greed, which causes anger, which in turn makes them money. money - greed - anger - money repeat the cycle in any order.

Nothing good to be found there.

It's all about the money in today's world. And absolutely anything and everything has a price tag today. There is nothing that connot be bought or sold this world anymore. Nothing is sacred.

Therefore we are living in a reality that evil can conquer all. The banks own EVERYTHING. Right down to the loafs you pitch in the crapper...

Makes me just f-ing sick thinking about it...

What the hell can we do except return to simplicity? The cash power pyramid is beyond control now ...nukes away!
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    Um, while I can agree that Coulter is nutty, the American media really isn't all that similar to Hitler's propaganda machine. The very fact that people post articles critical of Bush's government here on this message board, every day, suggests at least one big difference.
  • Options
    Um, while I can agree that Coulter is nutty, the American media really isn't all that similar to Hitler's propaganda machine. The very fact that people post articles critical of Bush's government here on this message board, every day, suggests at least one big difference.

The internet?
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Well, Coulter and O'Reilly are outright offensive and racist. Michael Moore makes shitloads of money making bush look like a fool and Vedder makes good music. But Ann and Bill are on the tele every day spouting racist and facist hate.

And because you are educated, you can identify it as such. Living in a free society comes with a few perils, not the least of which is being exposed to opinions that you don't like.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    The internet?

No, the content of the media. In the U.S., it is easy to access all kinds of information that is critical of the government, and perhaps even the country itself. Fascist systems (and communist ones like China) do not tolerate this kind of dissert.
  • Options
    No, the content of the media. In the U.S., it is easy to access all kinds of information that is critical of the government, and perhaps even the country itself. Fascist systems (and communist ones like China) do not tolerate this kind of dissert.

Where do you find this "criticism"?
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

Huh? Good grief.
    Where do you think all the articles that people post on here come from? To name just one example.
  • Options
    Huh? Good grief.
    Where do you think all the articles that people post on here come from? To name just one example.

Well not the mainstream media. I found this on infowars "Gas Dropped By Israelis In So. Lebanon Sickens Civilians" with a picture of an IDF soldier holding a chemical bomb.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Well not the mainstream media. I found this on infowars "Gas Dropped By Israelis In So. Lebanon Sickens Civilians" with a picture of an IDF soldier holding a chemical bomb.

And you're assuming that its true?

Believe me, I am not trying to convince you that the media is benign. Just thinking that you're being a bit too strong with the use of terms like fascist.
  • Options
    And you're assuming that its true?

Believe me, I am not trying to convince you that the media is benign. Just thinking that you're being a bit too strong with the use of terms like fascist.

I'm not assuming it's true. I can believe it, but a picture alone doesn't convince me. It's the reports from doctors in the region that we read about in Lebanon and Palestine. Of course if you don't read al-Jazeera you may not have seen those stories.
  • Options
    NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    EDIT 3: It's not worth it...
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    Then there's the flipside to Bill and Ann, people like Michael Moore and Eddie Vedder.Where they spout off if you agree with Bush on anything it's because you're either stupid or don't understand the issue.
    Neither side is any better than the other, and are looking more and more alike everyday.
    that's true that there are people like that.

Ed isn't one of them though.. he's a little like that, but not really.

Moore is a lot like that though.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    why do you have to get your panties in a bunch about this? christ all mighty. i hear this type of shit from both sides and i just roll my eyes. can't you do the same?
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    moeaholic wrote:
    why do you have to get your panties in a bunch about this? christ all mighty. i hear this type of shit from both sides and i just roll my eyes. can't you do the same?

See there you go with the sides thing again. If we are talking about Canada vs the United States then I can see what sides you are referring to. Because both Bill O'reilly and Ann Coulter have made beligerant and ignorant remarks towards Canada. Neither of them have a clue about our relationship or the history of Canada, but spew crap about Canada anyway. Lose the Right vs Left paradigm because it's bullshit. These are the only two neo-nazi fuggers I've seen screaming at people to shut up and calling for the death of entire nationalities.
  • Options
    So, I am currently a terrorist. (D.O.D if you are reading this it was not a comment that was meant to be taken seriously. But if you insist on tracking me down this is my g/f's computer. You can find me in the apartment next door) I must be since I don't agree with the current situation that's taking place everywhere or with our current "leaders".

A question, and I'm not attacking, I'm not defending, I'm just asking.

Has Eddie Vedder ever verbally attacked someone who had different opinions than him? (Other than high ranking politicians) like Ann or Bill has?

Seems to me that people like Ed want to invoke thought.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    See there you go with the sides thing again. If we are talking about Canada vs the United States then I can see what sides you are referring to. Because both Bill O'reilly and Ann Coulter have made beligerant and ignorant remarks towards Canada. Neither of them have a clue about our relationship or the history of Canada, but spew crap about Canada anyway. Lose the Right vs Left paradigm because it's bullshit. These are the only two neo-nazi fuggers I've seen screaming at people to shut up and calling for the death of entire nationalities.

Exactly, I can't think of one person even close to the scale of these two seething assholes. Frankin and Moore can definitely be tools at times (alotta times) but nowhere in the same area as our one onlys Bill and Ice Queen Ann.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

I'd like to know, as well.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    Ahnimus wrote:

two people, and you have to react like this. damn, man. give it a rest. you know how many people i know that take anything those two have to say to heart? none. well, except for you, but i don't really know you.

and no, i'm not talking about canada against the united states. what would make you think that's what i meant? honestly, i had no idea you were canadian.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    BetterRadioBetterRadio Posts: 189
    [size=-2]ann coulter needs to get laid.[/size]
    They're gonna tell you where to walk
    When to smile and just what to say
    They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,374
    To discourage freedom of speech and criticism of the powers that be, is anti-american. Regardless of what side your on or what side you criticize.

The minute you tell someone to shut up and keep their opinions to themselves (discourage speaking out), you've violated what being an american is all about.

The minute you attempt to silence, suppress, marginalize or eliminate oppositional opinions; you are in violation of other individual's freedoms and rights. You are in violation of America.